BT-SV

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

lnfernaI #1 Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31759 battles
  • [BBGEU] BBGEU

What is this? How do i get my hands on it?

Pros / Cons

guest273 #2 Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35395 battles
  • [P3GA] P3GA

It'a a tier 3 Russian light tank that has special match making to get tier 4 max. It's hard to get, you need to buy it somewhere, it's really fast looks like a spaceship/bug from the front, super sloped making front shots (not HE) from tier 2-3 always bounce.

Ask more to players: Slave, Monolyth_1, they are the 2 people I know that have the tank.

Jack_E #3 Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14717 battles
  • [TSN] TSN

View Postguest273, on 16 October 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

It'a a tier 3 Russian light tank that has special match making to get tier 4 max. It's hard to get, you need to buy it somewhere, it's really fast looks like a spaceship/bug from the front, super sloped making front shots (not HE) from tier 2-3 always bounce.

Ask more to players: Slave, Monolyth_1, they are the 2 people I know that have the tank.

Not "always" bounce, the armour really isn't as good as some videos make it look (take Jingle's video on it, for example). In lower tiers there is a lot of HE firing guns which really mess it up, not to mention high pen guns such as that on the Marder, Pz.Jag. I and FCM36Pak40 just to name a couple.

Jack_E #4 Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14717 battles
  • [TSN] TSN

View PostJack_E, on 16 October 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Not "always" bounce, the armour really isn't as good as some videos make it look (take Jingle's video on it, for example). In lower tiers there is a lot of HE firing guns which really mess it up, not to mention high pen guns such as that on the Marder, Pz.Jag. I and FCM36Pak40 just to name a couple.

Thanks to whoever negrepped me for giving an honest opinion on a tank I have played quite a lot.

naughtydog29 #5 Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7952 battles

You need to get the bonus code from a Russian WoT retail box set, sometimes available on internet auction sites. Beware of RU only codes which cannot be redeemed on the EU server...

My wife bought one for me earlier this year for my 40th birthday, was meant to be tickets to F1 at Spa but...

Nice tank, NOT as tough as people think, handles like a barge, whooshes across a battlefield nicely. Angle it and you'll survive longer, same as most tanks with sloped armour.

Find I win a lot of games, perhaps the red guys all want to kill the BT-SV and so are distracted, allowing my team to clean up more easily?

Worth getting but not worth ridiculous money. Hopefully useful info. If you see me online, ask me to platoon...

Jack_E #6 Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14717 battles
  • [TSN] TSN

View Postnaughtydog29, on 16 October 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

You need to get the bonus code from a Russian WoT retail box set, sometimes available on internet auction sites. Beware of RU only codes which cannot be redeemed on the EU server...

My wife bought one for me earlier this year for my 40th birthday, was meant to be tickets to F1 at Spa but...

Nice tank, NOT as tough as people think, handles like a barge, whooshes across a battlefield nicely. Angle it and you'll survive longer, same as most tanks with sloped armour.

Find I win a lot of games, perhaps the red guys all want to kill the BT-SV and so are distracted, allowing my team to clean up more easily?

Worth getting but not worth ridiculous money. Hopefully useful info. If you see me online, ask me to platoon...

Exactly, well said! Lets see if you get a phantom negrep like I did. (Ill +1 so if somebody decides to negrep you too, you won't notice)

Edited by Jack_E, 16 October 2014 - 10:23 PM.

DoYouSeeHowHeTrollin #7 Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 206 battles
This is really badass stronk panzer. All peoples in German (and all ze World) must have thiz armour. Very quick, with exceptional armour - and powerfull gun. Must have!

Edited by DoYouSeeHowHeTrollin, 17 October 2014 - 01:39 AM.

Thundyuk #8 Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14644 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

Are the Ebay sales usually legit on this? 

Think of a Chrimbo pressie for myself :)

Digglyda #9 Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49177 battles

I spent a lot of money to get myself one and I was initially very disappointed as it is no longer the invincible troll tank that you might think it is from watching the Jingles Youtube review.

But it is probably still the most FUN tank I have in my garage. The 500 hp engine ensures that every game in it can be a blast.

The ridiculous power to weight ratio (highest in the game?) means that the BT-SV can just go places on nearly every map that other tank just can't even get near. It being able to play the maps uniquely that make it so special.

You might have to plans your turns weeks in advance but it's straight line acceleration is incredible:

Charge up hills and you will find that is hardly any speed bleed because of the power behind you. It's like turning up to the battle in a sports car.

Charge up the slopes on Malinovka and see the Pz 1c drivers sad little faces as you overtake them as their top speed falls away.

Race away from danger on the hill on Himmelsdorf if things turn bad at 70 kmh ...backwards!

The "rat-trap" slope thing on Province at K8 (?) that you can't drive to the top of? well, you can get up there in a BT-SV.

Play in Tier 4 games as an "auxiliary power unit" for any friendly AMX 40's. Feel the delight of their drivers when you push them around the map and they actually SEE their listed top speed of 55 kmh for the first time ever.

You will become Arty's best friend as you can push them to a decent firing position in record time faster than anyone else on the team.

Still one of the most fun tanks in a game full of frustration.

Ulfhedinn_ #10 Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

DO NOT buy a bonus code for a BT-SV (or Pz2J) unless you know exactly what you're doing.

BT-SV code used to be available in the Russian Box Set, that was only available from official WG retailers in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine etc. But there were only 6k of those box sets ever, and they were released when WOT's first launched in 2011. Everywhere completely ran out of stock of them around May this year. Since then they've been replaced by a reissue of the box set, but the codes in those new box sets only work on RU, they don't work on EU. 

Each box set used to cost approx £50 + another £40ish for shipping, import handling & import vat & you could buy them over the internet from the official WG retailers (although they did come with 3months prem time +10k gold + a 100% crew). People in places like Poland & Germany though could get hold of them cheaper cuz they paid less shipping, and some people there bought them and resold them on Ebay for a profit, just emailing out the codes to avoid shipping. Since they ran out of stock at official retailers, Ebay is now the only place you'd be able to get one, but because they're no longer officially available they are very rare and go for stupid money. And the danger is that people are reselling the new RU only codes and avoiding mentioning they don't work on EU. And buying one on Ebay is code trading which is against WG rules, so if it went pear shaped you'd have no come back apart from with the potentially dodger ebayer.

The old box set with the EU codes in were red & cream coloured for Russian box set with BT-SV, and black & cream for German box set with Pz2J. The new box sets with RU only codes are greenish / grey coloured. If you intend to buy one, you NEED to check it's one of the EU codes from the old box sets.

Re BT-SV performance, exactly like naughtydog29 said above. I'm not really sure how but it seems to win loads and makes ok credits. Other than for fun (and cuz it's fast it is fun) it's really only worth buying if you already have as many of the other Russian light prems as possible (Valentine2, T-127, LTP etc), so you can stack the daily doubles to get super fast crew training on a Russian light crew. The Pz2J on the other hand (that came in the German box set) is an absolute monster (a tier 3 light with the armour of a tier 5 Pz4H), I reckon you'd be really struggling to get less than 60% win rate on it. But it costs a fortune to run as it only has a machine gun and is quite reliant on spamming huge amounts of prem ammo. 8 games on a Pz2J can easily cost you 250k credits. And it costs even more than a BT-SV to buy, only one I've seen recently was many many hundreds of pounds. They're really not worth it now unless you're a really dedicated tank collector. If you attend a WG event though there's a chance you could get given a code for a BT-SV or Pz2J for free (they gave out Pz2J codes at Gamescom 2012).

To be honest & sensible, I reckon you'd be better spending money on something like an IS6, they're fun, get good stats, make ok credits, and train a more worthwhile crew. Or if you want something rare, save your money and wait for the deal that appears in the Gift Shop every few months or so for the PzB2 with 15k gold for approx £41. The gold price is as good as it gets ever & with the PzB2 effectively free into the deal. The PzB2 is OP and awesome (it's always top tier), and being tier 4 it often qualifies for missions and makes missions much easier & quicker to achieve as it's kill & win rate is so high. Can't really go wrong with an IS6 or PzB2, best value in game. JagdTiger88 is also a good prem that farms very good credits and trains a very worthwhile crew, but it obviously has a very slow & limited playstyle being a heavy TD.

If you really really want a fast prem tank that corners like a bus (a pseudo BT-SV) but want good value for money, get a tier 5 German T25 medium. Very similar & makes great credits. It doesn't get as good results as a BT-SV, but that's cuz you're up against tier 5 players who know a bit more how to play, BT-SV does so well cuz it's tier 3 & a hardcore newbie seal-clubber.

edit - you'll find proper descriptions of all these tanks in the wiki:

http://wiki.wargamin.../World_of_Tanks

Edited by Maxmk6, 21 October 2014 - 02:00 AM.

lnfernaI #11 Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31759 battles
  • [BBGEU] BBGEU

View PostMaxmk6, on 21 October 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

DO NOT buy a bonus code for a BT-SV (or Pz2J) unless you know exactly what you're doing.

BT-SV code used to be available in the Russian Box Set, that was only available from official WG retailers in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine etc. But there were only 6k of those box sets ever, and they were released when WOT's first launched in 2011. Everywhere completely ran out of stock of them around May this year. Since then they've been replaced by a reissue of the box set, but the codes in those new box sets only work on RU, they don't work on EU. 

Each box set used to cost approx £50 + another £40ish for shipping, import handling & import vat & you could buy them over the internet from the official WG retailers (although they did come with 3months prem time +10k gold + a 100% crew). People in places like Poland & Germany though could get hold of them cheaper cuz they paid less shipping, and some people there bought them and resold them on Ebay for a profit, just emailing out the codes to avoid shipping. Since they ran out of stock at official retailers, Ebay is now the only place you'd be able to get one, but because they're no longer officially available they are very rare and go for stupid money. And the danger is that people are reselling the new RU only codes and avoiding mentioning they don't work on EU. And buying one on Ebay is code trading which is against WG rules, so if it went pear shaped you'd have no come back apart from with the potentially dodger ebayer.

The old box set with the EU codes in were red & cream coloured for Russian box set with BT-SV, and black & cream for German box set with Pz2J. The new box sets with RU only codes are greenish / grey coloured. If you intend to buy one, you NEED to check it's one of the EU codes from the old box sets.

Re BT-SV performance, exactly like naughtydog29 said above. I'm not really sure how but it seems to win loads and makes ok credits. Other than for fun (and cuz it's fast it is fun) it's really only worth buying if you already have as many of the other Russian light prems as possible (Valentine2, T-127, LTP etc), so you can stack the daily doubles to get super fast crew training on a Russian light crew. The Pz2J on the other hand (that came in the German box set) is an absolute monster (a tier 3 light with the armour of a tier 5 Pz4H), I reckon you'd be really struggling to get less than 60% win rate on it. But it costs a fortune to run as it only has a machine gun and is quite reliant on spamming huge amounts of prem ammo. 8 games on a Pz2J can easily cost you 250k credits. And it costs even more than a BT-SV to buy, only one I've seen recently was many many hundreds of pounds. They're really not worth it now unless you're a really dedicated tank collector. If you attend a WG event though there's a chance you could get given a code for a BT-SV or Pz2J for free (they gave out Pz2J codes at Gamescom 2012).

To be honest & sensible, I reckon you'd be better spending money on something like an IS6, they're fun, get good stats, make ok credits, and train a more worthwhile crew. Or if you want something rare, save your money and wait for the deal that appears in the Gift Shop every few months or so for the PzB2 with 15k gold for approx £41. The gold price is as good as it gets ever & with the PzB2 effectively free into the deal. The PzB2 is OP and awesome (it's always top tier), and being tier 4 it often qualifies for missions and makes missions much easier & quicker to achieve as it's kill & win rate is so high. Can't really go wrong with an IS6 or PzB2, best value in game. JagdTiger88 is also a good prem that farms very good credits and trains a very worthwhile crew, but it obviously has a very slow & limited playstyle being a heavy TD.

If you really really want a fast prem tank that corners like a bus (a pseudo BT-SV) but want good value for money, get a tier 5 German T25 medium. Very similar & makes great credits. It doesn't get as good results as a BT-SV, but that's cuz you're up against tier 5 players who know a bit more how to play, BT-SV does so well cuz it's tier 3 & a hardcore newbie seal-clubber.

edit - you'll find proper descriptions of all these tanks in the wiki:

http://wiki.wargamin.../World_of_Tanks

At a point i had the T-25,but i got,it doesnt fit me. Its armor is paper,traverse is meh... Got a Ram II instead.

Not going for tier 8,cause big cost. It would take me 5 (!) Weeks to save for one. Currently SU-122-44 is ok. I have considered a tier 8 premium over time,due to fact, i get 3500 gold for TOGtober. In fact,i can buy E 25,but somewhat never liked it,due to low pen.

Ulfhedinn_ #12 Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

I'm not a fan of any TD's cuz I have a problem with patience & being still, but the pen on the E25 isn't a big issue because it tends to be shooting into peoples sides rather than fronts (rush onto a flank, hide, pepper away & profit). And if it needs prem ammo, being a prem it will pay for it. T14 is a lot like the Ram only a heavy. It's pen isn't great but it's armour is, very good at leading a push when top tier, takes the hits while your team mates wipe them out. Churchill 3 though is a great prem with little going against it, many use that to stat pad. As too is the T-127, a very good solid little tank. And the T15 is probably the best scout tank in the game for it's tier. Matilda BP is very slow but same gun as ram and can get brilliant results if you like camping near base. Depending what crew you want to train & what playstyle you prefer, T14 is good to some extent, but T-127, T15, Churchill 3, Matilda BP are all very good tanks.

If you do get another prem & want value, always a good idea to wait for them to go on sale, they all go on sale occasionally:

upto & including tier 5 get 50%

tier 6 & 7 get 30% off

tier 8 get 15% off.

lnfernaI #13 Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31759 battles
  • [BBGEU] BBGEU

View PostMaxmk6, on 21 October 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

I'm not a fan of any TD's cuz I have a problem with patience & being still, but the pen on the E25 isn't a big issue because it tends to be shooting into peoples sides rather than fronts (rush onto a flank, hide, pepper away & profit). And if it needs prem ammo, being a prem it will pay for it. T14 is a lot like the Ram only a heavy. It's pen isn't great but it's armour is, very good at leading a push when top tier, takes the hits while your team mates wipe them out. Churchill 3 though is a great prem with little going against it, many use that to stat pad. As too is the T-127, a very good solid little tank. And the T15 is probably the best scout tank in the game for it's tier. Matilda BP is very slow but same gun as ram and can get brilliant results if you like camping near base. Depending what crew you want to train & what playstyle you prefer, T14 is good to some extent, but T-127, T15, Churchill 3, Matilda BP are all very good tanks.

If you do get another prem & want value, always a good idea to wait for them to go on sale, they all go on sale occasionally:

upto & including tier 5 get 50%

tier 6 & 7 get 30% off

tier 8 get 15% off.

T15?

About the sales,maybe you know a specific date?

Ulfhedinn_ #14 Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

The sales happen at weekends (like one just gone when Panther/M10 & Pz4s were on 30% off sale), they'll have a different pick on sale this coming weekend. And they have sales on lots of tanks during events, normally once every month or 2, perhaps like Halloween end of this month or during the Golden Joystick awards, definitely at Christmas.

You might find some leaked info on upcoming sales on FTR.

Hedgehog1963 #15 Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 53343 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Advice on this thread is very accurate as far as I can tell.  I'm fairly sure I saw in a post on the forums here someone who had paid 200 Euros for a BT-SV code  and it would not work on the EU server.   I got mine some months ago now and it could be used on any of the RU, EU or NA servers.

My BT-SV is my go to fun tank.  The game play is exactly what I like, fast and shooty and as a bonus it can take a shot.  Closest tank to it is the BT-7 but the BT-SV turn rate is very poor.  It's best map is Prokhorovka.  I paid GBP116 and have not regretted it.  I do regret the price I paid for the PzIIJ (not telling) because, while it is very easy to win, I'm not a fan of slower than average tanks.

They often have really good deals on premium tanks around the late December holidays.  Really good as in half price for the low Tiers.  I recommend the T-15 and T-127 wholeheartedly.

Jack_E relax.  You got your rep back.

panzeraustirol #16 Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8191 battles
Hedge, you have Pz II G, not J in your signature...

Hedgehog1963 #17 Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 53343 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I know...  I was hoping no one would notice.

panzeraustirol #18 Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8191 battles
LOL Why don't you change it then?

Hedgehog1963 #19 Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 53343 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View Postpanzeraustirol, on 26 October 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

LOL Why don't you change it then?

Laziness.  I' keep meaning to make a proper sig like I used to have when I was in an earlier clan.

Changed the sig.  Hot news is that you can now get a BT-SV

Edited by Hedgehog1963, 01 December 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Hedgehog1963 #20 Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 53343 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Just to highlight this for anyone who has missed it:  You can buy one for £75 today only with a shedload of in game gold and a month's premium.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users