changing Ammo in game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

PerkyMite #1 Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Hi Chaps,  I thought I had posted this earlier, but I cannot find so if I have --- Sooooory. :Smile-hiding:

I am playing an A20 -75mil gun.   In random games I find that 3 out of 5 games I am in against big, big tanks IS and above sometimes.  In one game KVs were just above me  :Smile_great: ,  generally I am on the bottom of the grid.   So my ammunition of choice is HE.  Not that I am trying to take on the Big tanks, I hasten to add.  However when scouting I sometimes end up around the enemy's base with no way back so I get a chance to have a couple of shots at Arty or at the back of a big tank before I am blown to smithereens.

My Problem?  Well every 2 out of 5 games I end up at the top of the grid and my ammunition of choice would be AP.  But I am already in the game when I find out the game situation!   OK I can hit button 2 and change the shell loaded to AP but it then loads HE for the next round.  Subsequently I am reloading every shot.  The game is very fast moving and I just do not have the time to do that  :o

Have I missed something, is there a way to change the “preferred ammunition” whilst playing i.e. stop loading HE to AP all the time or vice versus?   If not is this something the developers might like to consider?

Thanks for any help given.

guguloi #2 Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

Heart Smasher

• Player
  • 0 battles
Tap twice that button?

__MAKO__ #3 Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Sounds like a bug, it should stick with you choice after changing.
Try searching the technical support see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

shnbwmn #4 Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
It's a think quick, act fast situation. Timing is everything

icezeppo #5 Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Press the button for whichever ammo type you want loaded twice.

Hardass #6 Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Yea you can re order your ammo type in the ammo selection screen so you can have AP first then HE then gold ammo or vice versa

Eg for my IS-4 i have key 1 AP key 2 HE key 3 gold ammo but on my SU-152 i have HE then AP then gold ammo keys 123 in that order

hope that helps

momo03 #7 Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
That's curious: your tank automatically switches back to HE after you changed to AP??

I've never seen this. The Ammo-Type stays what I switched to.

You can arrange the order (i.e. assign keys) in garage.

Tap according Nr.-Key once: load selected ammo after next shot (and keep that afterwards)

Tap according Nr.-Key twice: unload current shell and load selected ammo immediately (and keep it afterwards)

Selecte different ammo for only one shot? Never heard of that.

PerkyMite #8 Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
OK chaps, Yes, just tried it and it worked - hit twice to unlooad and stay on choice :Smile_honoring:   Thanks

ammarmar #9 Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostHardass, on 28 June 2011 - 01:39 PM, said:

Yea you can re order your ammo type in the ammo selection screen so you can have AP first then HE then gold ammo or vice versa

Eg for my IS-4 i have key 1 AP key 2 HE key 3 gold ammo but on my SU-152 i have HE then AP then gold ammo keys 123 in that order

hope that helps

Hey, I didn't know you can do that. So far I have:

1. Loaded only HE ammo for some tanks
2. Hit '3' twice to load HE and stay that way when a battle was high tier and AP was useless

Are there some arrows or buttons in the interface that I missed?

Stoffy #10 Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postammarmar, on 28 June 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

Hey, I didn't know you can do that. So far I have:

1. Loaded only HE ammo for some tanks
2. Hit '3' twice to load HE and stay that way when a battle was high tier and AP was useless

Are there some arrows or buttons in the interface that I missed?
You do the reordering in your garage in the same menu you repair, buy ammo and consumables.
Just rightclick the ammo type you want to move and select what slot you want to move it to and it will swap place with the ammo type that currently occupies that slot.