Fury - The movie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Schepel #1 Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 60668 battles
I went to see Fury in the theater with mixed expectations. In fact, I was quite prepared to add it to the list of nonsensical movies with little or no value, simply showing off some cheap special effects. Suffice to say, Fury is different. This may very well be one of the first movies which depicts Americans in WW2 committing war crimes. That alone sets it apart. The setting, the ending and the way it absolutely refuses to glorify war makes it one of the best WW2 movies I have ever seen. As a historian some things irked me, but on the other hand, the story works - again, against all expectations. If you get a chance to see it, do so.  

saidor #2 Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10406 battles

It's not the first film to do so. Inglorious Bastards happens to spring to mind as I'm watching it right now, but also Band of Brothers, ok TV rather than Film, and I'm sure there are others, just not done in such a graphic way.

I was really enjoying the film until the last battle. The ending of this film was pretty poor in comparison to the rest of the film. I don't necessarily expect films to be realistic but this went beyond unrealistic. However, if you ignore the nonsense that went on, it was fun to watch, especially the first two battles.

Schepel #3 Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 60668 battles

View Postsaidor, on 24 October 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

It's not the first film to do so. Inglorious Bastards happens to spring to mind as I'm watching it right now, but also Band of Brothers, ok TV rather than Film, and I'm sure there are others, just not done in such a graphic way.

I was really enjoying the film until the last battle. The ending of this film was pretty poor in comparison to the rest of the film. I don't necessarily expect films to be realistic but this went beyond unrealistic. However, if you ignore the nonsense that went on, it was fun to watch, especially the first two battles.

Inglorious bastards is a revenge fantasy and does not really count as such. As for band of brothers, if ever there was a series to glorify the heroic American effort, that is it. I have seen it 3 or 4 times by now and I struggle to think of anything that could be considered a war crime. Maybe you can help me out there and refresh my memory?

As for the last fight... Crazier things have happened. I would not be too quick to describe it as beyond unrealistic. Wildly improbable: definitely. Impossible? Maybe, but a simple Russian soldier became a general doing something very much like it - alone. He also made it out alive.

For me, the movie scored its best point when that young soldier and his flashlight did not sing out.

Xino9922 #4 Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16028 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Liked the movie... NOW SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY... I WANT FURY INGAME!!!

Edited by Xino9922, 27 October 2014 - 07:21 AM.

Panocek #5 Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29050 battles

View PostXino9922, on 27 October 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Liked the movie... NOW SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY... I WANT FURY INGAME!!!

http://ftr.wot-news....o-sherman-fury/

:trollface:

ShotaroPL #6 Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33097 battles
  • [ISOUL] ISOUL
very nice, brutal and realistic movie. Great war sounds in cinema

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users