Jump to content


[1.3.0.1] Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle


  • Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

Krzysztof_Chodak #1 Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

SPOT INDICATOR

  • adding newly spotted enemy vehicle direction using (non-penetrating) damage indication (without a sound)
    • penetrating demage indication can be turned on using a distance threshold (below it, 0 = turned off, 150 meters by default)
    • indicator is standard damage indicator with inverted colors so it is white/blue (instead of black/red)
    • more ideas are welcome (for functionality or modified indicator's flash)
  • ​ability to define a toggle key code to (permanently) turn the mod on or off with it (you need to press and hold the key during the battle, off by default as it could bring some performance penalty; list of key codes can be found here - use numeric values, not symbols!)
  • option to not show indicators above defined distance in meters (noIndicatorAboveM, default 450); to see all vehicles entering world put big value here f.e. 1000; to see less indications use smaller number)

Video from replay with this (and other mods of mine, unfortunately shitty quality): http://youtu.be/3sVjwYP8TMI

 

MINIMAP DIRECTIONS (BROKEN!!!!, working one from RU or this protanki's one):

  • shows the direction of enemy armor cannons on the minimap (original by uragan)
    • using events instead of pooling loop with other minor optimizations, (actually old mod was putting around 1000 flash objects on the minimap while this one has it around 100)
  • ​ability to define a toggle key code to (permanently) turn the mod on or off with it (you need to press and hold the key during the battle, off by default as it could bring some performance penalty; list of key codes can be found here - use numeric values, not symbols!)

directory with all my mods (I put there my whole res_mods directory and you need to extract this mod from there)

 

Changelog:

 

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   0.9.16-20161010v2-spot_indicator.zip   793.5K
  • Attached File   1.3.0.1-20181217-spot_indicator.zip   795.69K

Edited by Krzysztof_Chodak, 17 December 2018 - 08:00 PM.


Goldzius #2 Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:54 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16026 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

with this mod can you add  spotted marker to players panel ?

smthg like XVM Spotted Status Marker lost, neverseen, revealed...

will be a great thing:smile:



Krzysztof_Chodak #3 Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

View PostGoldzius, on 25 October 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

with this mod can you add  spotted marker to players panel ?

smthg like XVM Spotted Status Marker lost, neverseen, revealed...

will be a great thing:smile:

 

I dont get it: if XVM has it then what functionality is actually missing?

Goldzius #4 Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16026 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

many who play without xvm, inclusively me...
Spotted Status Marker is only one thing she need from xvm
many people looking for that mod without install xvm

 

sorry for my english



Krzysztof_Chodak #5 Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

View PostGoldzius, on 25 October 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

many who play without xvm, inclusively me...
Spotted Status Marker is only one thing she need from xvm
many people looking for that mod without install xvm

 

sorry for my english

 

install xvm and turn only needed features on - simple

Krzysztof_Chodak #6 Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

new zip uploaded:

- should not make game slower after some battles

- no more spot indicators from friendly vehicles coming into our draw rectange



Krzysztof_Chodak #7 Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012
new file uploaded: should not brake artillery aiming

HighFlyer15 #8 Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20356 battles
  • 1,163
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010
Are you aspiring to make the "banned mods list" or just not aware that knowing when someone is aiming at you, without looking at them, is cheating?
If not, then you should keep the idea to yourself and just try to improve the overall mod instead of adding that one specific feature :)

Krzysztof_Chodak #9 Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

View PostHighFlyer15, on 28 October 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Are you aspiring to make the "banned mods list" or just not aware that knowing when someone is aiming at you, without looking at them, is cheating?
If not, then you should keep the idea to yourself and just try to improve the overall mod instead of adding that one specific feature :)

 

AFAIK there is no banned mod list or ever banned mod features for EU

I do not see here any cheating, just increasing situational awareness of the player

which specific feature you are referring to? spotted vehicle direction? have you even tried the mod?



Krzysztof_Chodak #10 Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012
spotted vehicle direction indicator gives the same info which is available on the minimap, just in other IMO faster/better way + AFAIK it is already implemented by WG in Blitz

DarthWanderer #11 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23068 battles
  • 1,582
  • Member since:
    03-25-2013
screens please :)

HighFlyer15 #12 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:29 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20356 battles
  • 1,163
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010
 

View PostKrzysztof_Chodak, on 28 October 2014 - 07:51 PM, said:

 

AFAIK there is no banned mod list or ever banned mod features for EU

I do not see here any cheating, just increasing situational awareness of the player

which specific feature you are referring to? spotted vehicle direction? have you even tried the mod?

 

I would love to test it, but I really don't want to spent time searching for missing files to make the mod work, especially when you don't even link to where it can be found, but that's not the issue. Your mod is very clear on what it's doing and it's fine, for now.
I'm talking about this
"mark enemies on the map which are aiming at us currently (and probably warn about it near the aim circle)"
Knowing when someone is aiming at you is cheating, when you wouldn't be able to know this without your mod. It's like Sixth Sense, but on steroids.

 

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong now, I'm just warning you about not putting that "enemy is currently aiming at you" feature in your mod :)

If you are not planning on adding such feature, then you need to rephrase your sentence or delete your thoughts about the feature, because what you're describing is cheating.



Krzysztof_Chodak #13 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

View PostHighFlyer15, on 28 October 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

 

 

I would love to test it, but I really don't want to spent time searching for missing files to make the mod work, especially when you don't even link to where it can be found, but that's not the issue. Your mod is very clear on what it's doing and it's fine, for now.
I'm talking about this
"mark enemies on the map which are aiming at us currently (and probably warn about it near the aim circle)"
Knowing when someone is aiming at you is cheating, when you wouldn't be able to know this without your mod. It's like Sixth Sense, but on steroids.

 

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong now, I'm just warning you about not putting that "enemy is currently aiming at you" feature in your mod :)

If you are not planning on adding such feature, then you need to rephrase your sentence or delete your thoughts about the feature, because what you're describing is cheating.

 

ok i removed that sentence; i am not forcing anyone to use it just wanted to know if someone criticizing it have actually seen it in work; anyone with xvm installed should not have any file missing from the ones zipped

 

screens: it is not possible to show an event on enemy being spotted on the map; it shows the direction of newly spotted enemy vehicle as if it was a non-penetrating shot from him (without the sound); i will try to prepare a video


Edited by Krzysztof_Chodak, 28 October 2014 - 09:41 PM.


Krzysztof_Chodak #14 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012
new file uploaded: no spot indicator for dead enemies coming into draw rectangle

leeuniverse #15 Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52 battles
  • 1,148
  • Member since:
    10-21-2013

RU server hasn't banned the mod in their banned mod list, the original mod is actually on the RU Wargaming Forum.

NA server has a banned mod list, and this mod is on it.

EU hasn't created a banned mod list yet, but mods that are considered "illegal" will get a person banned, such as if a person uses the well known Warpack.

 

So, while I "personally" like this mod, and miss using it since I'm on NA, even though it did not actually give an "unfair" advantage as people believed, because Zoom Out etc. achieves pretty much the same result, this mod only made things a little more "convenient", it HAS been banned on one Wargaming server, so it would be my advice to NOT actually develop this mod for the "public" on a Wargaming forum.

 

Frankly, I don't understand why Wargaming NA put it on their list since it's not on RU, but, I guess they are more "sticklers" to "fairness" than most of the world and everyone has their own opinion and experiences they judge things by.

Me, I used the mod, so I knew it wasn't an "unfair advantage", but to others, it "seems" like it is, sadly that's the "standard" most people judge things by, not by actual reality.

Anyway, FYI.....


Edited by leeuniverse, 28 October 2014 - 10:34 PM.


Krzysztof_Chodak #16 Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

View Postleeuniverse, on 28 October 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

RU server hasn't banned the mod in their banned mod list, the original mod is actually on the RU Wargaming Forum.

NA server has a banned mod list, and this mod is on it.

EU hasn't created a banned mod list yet, but mods that are considered "illegal" will get a person banned, such as if a person uses the well known Warpack.

 

So, while I "personally" like this mod, and miss using it since I'm on NA, even though it did not actually give an "unfair" advantage as people believed, because Zoom Out etc. achieves pretty much the same result, this mod only made things a little more "convenient", it HAS been banned on one Wargaming server, so it would be my advice to NOT actually develop this mod for the "public" on a Wargaming forum.

 

Frankly, I don't understand why Wargaming NA put it on their list since it's not on RU, but, I guess they are more "sticklers" to "fairness" than most of the world and everyone has their own opinion and experiences they judge things by.

Me, I used the mod, so I knew it wasn't an "unfair advantage", but to others, it "seems" like it is, sadly that's the "standard" most people judge things by, not by actual reality.

Anyway, FYI.....

try the spot indicator on aim circle part - i like it most - just disable other features; i can prepare you a mod with this part only if needed



Krzysztof_Chodak #17 Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012
new file uploaded with modified flash - white directional indicator (inverted colors of the original one)

Edited by Krzysztof_Chodak, 29 October 2014 - 01:31 PM.


HighFlyer15 #18 Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20356 battles
  • 1,163
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010

View PostKrzysztof_Chodak, on 28 October 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

 

ok i removed that sentence; i am not forcing anyone to use it just wanted to know if someone criticizing it have actually seen it in work; anyone with xvm installed should not have any file missing from the ones zipped

 

screens: it is not possible to show an event on enemy being spotted on the map; it shows the direction of newly spotted enemy vehicle as if it was a non-penetrating shot from him (without the sound); i will try to prepare a video

 

Totally fine, buddy :)

I honestly just wanted to give you a heads up on it, highly likely, would be causing you trouble in the future for adding it.
Best of luck on improving your mod in other areas! :great:



nixxxie #19 Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 123 battles
  • 1,202
  • Member since:
    12-03-2012

View PostKrzysztof_Chodak, on 28 October 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

 

AFAIK there is no banned mod list or ever banned mod features for EU

I do not see here any cheating, just increasing situational awareness of the player

which specific feature you are referring to? spotted vehicle direction? have you even tried the mod?

 

I really need a video before testing.

 

There is no official list, but once called a cheat, it's bannable silently :P - like meatballs and whole warpack, etc. Also, while not a direct bannable offense BOThunter got its thread removed pretty quickly because "naming and shaming"...

 

If we are on special features i'd like to have a mod for sth. similar to meatballs - OTM markers with a pin displayed for all SPOTTED vehicles outside of render distance - based on minimap data. Sadly, it will still be very inaccurate because of much slower update rate.



Krzysztof_Chodak #20 Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44241 battles
  • 964
  • [AZP] AZP
  • Member since:
    12-07-2012

i do not quite understand why you need a video to test it? i made quite an effort to build it so you can make a risk to test it; it wont format your harddrive; i do not have experience with replay videos so it will take some time for me to prepare

even better: maybe you could prepare the movie? :)


Edited by Krzysztof_Chodak, 31 October 2014 - 07:11 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users