[0.9.17] Autoaim indication+addins (NO PROXIMITY SNAPPING FOR AUTOAIM BUT...)

• Please log in to reply
1670 replies to this topic

TANKOPPRESSION #1661 Posted Today, 02:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36500 battles

View PostQuaksen, on 23 March 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

TANKOPPRESSION, please learn the difference, and stop spamming useless information... you did the same in the XVM thread.

If no mods were allowed in the game at all - do you REALLY think that Wargaming would have a "res_mods" folder - and even create a new "mods" folder.

Please use the upstairs thing that most people call a brain. :D:facepalm:

Oh ok then, only if you read the Terms And Conditions of the games rules .

kupjones #1662 Posted Today, 02:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on 22 March 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

You have to make sure you hit the button BEFORE you put mouse on tank.

If you click on the tank, the auto-aim will activate and then deactivate, because it interprets the clicking as releasing auto-aim.

Happens to me too, you just have to get used to the new method.

However, the dev might be able to improve the mod to "prevent" the issue from occurring by adding an "if" code statement.

I.e. "if" tank is highlighted then the auto-aim activates or whatever.  So, the code just needs to be improved some.

Maybe I can steer this back to the intent of this forum, that is, active discussion about the mod itself and any issues.

I, too, have noticed with the latest version that the lock will auto-unlock with no additional clicks.  I did not observe this behavior prior to applying the 0.9.17.1-20170223 release and the config file is still the same.  And this happens when using the mod as intended -- activate AA *off-highlight*, highlight the target, the <AA> goes away and you get the lock sound, then the lock is lost and I dont recall hearing the target unlocked message (although I could be wrong on that last as I am scrambling to re-lock).

Anyone else see htis behavior?

Roots_DK #1663 Posted Today, 09:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16084 battles
  • [4PDD] 4PDD

View Postkupjones, on 23 March 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

Maybe I can steer this back to the intent of this forum, that is, active discussion about the mod itself and any issues.

I, too, have noticed with the latest version that the lock will auto-unlock with no additional clicks.  I did not observe this behavior prior to applying the 0.9.17.1-20170223 release and the config file is still the same.  And this happens when using the mod as intended -- activate AA *off-highlight*, highlight the target, the <AA> goes away and you get the lock sound, then the lock is lost and I dont recall hearing the target unlocked message (although I could be wrong on that last as I am scrambling to re-lock).

Anyone else see htis behavior?

same here 

Krzysztof_Chodak #1664 Posted Today, 11:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34042 battles
  • [AZP] AZP
I will check that; not happened to me but I have switched to seconds: 0, toggle: true mode

plkJaqenHghar #1665 Posted Today, 02:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28918 battles
  • [POK] POK

View PostKrzysztof_Chodak, on 23 March 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Hi,
I must admit it was and is happening to me as well. I just thought my mouse is acting up, since it really is sometimes acting up, just different buttons.

Maybe you could add an option that would prevent you from unlocking a target for certain time period. Possibly adjustable in a config. Since the unlock after locking a target is happening pretty much instantly in those situations. A 0,1-0,25sec unlock "lock" might be enough. Or another more elaborate solution from your making depending on what is causing this issue :-)

Edited by plkJaqenHghar, Today, 02:39 PM.

Krzysztof_Chodak #1666 Posted Today, 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34042 battles
  • [AZP] AZP

Could someone describe scenario in which it happens?

Best would be to have a python.log from such battle

plkJaqenHghar #1667 Posted Today, 03:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28918 battles
  • [POK] POK

View PostKrzysztof_Chodak, on 23 March 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

Python is "clean", I enabled debug mode in config and tried it in a training battle. What I did basically is clicked RMB and immediately after that moved my mouse on enemy tank. So issue might be that I'm targeting enemy vehicle while still releasing RMB...
//Oh yea, forgot to mention, it locks on a target (lock on sound) and right after that unlocks (unlock sound..).

Anyways, these are two examples of how it looked in python.log when I managed to reproduce it. It's those "last" lines, I copied a few before the issue occured just to be sure nothing is missing and that it's working correctly.
Link: pastebin - //moved to a post below

Edited by plkJaqenHghar, Today, 04:47 PM.

kupjones #1668 Posted Today, 03:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostKrzysztof_Chodak, on 23 March 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

Could someone describe scenario in which it happens?

Best would be to have a python.log from such battle

I'll have to setup a test to get that log for you BUT, here is how it happens:

1. activate AA *off-highlight*, <AA> indication goes on,
  2. highlight the target, the <AA> goes away and you get the lock sound,
  3. then you notice that you arent locked
  4. attempt a relock - but by then you are in the circling of death and scrambling to auto-lock!

I know that isnt much -- but it has happened with regularity.

What I need to do is try this with different tanks - those with quick turrets and those with slow turrets.  Why?  because right now it "feels" like I get this behavior with slow turreted tanks.  And before anyone asks "why would you do this with a slow turreted tank?" just dont ask.  I am focusing on the behavior of the mod and not my personal behavior <g>.

Krzysztof_Chodak #1669 Posted Today, 04:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34042 battles
  • [AZP] AZP

View PostplkJaqenHghar, on 23 March 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Python is "clean", I enabled debug mode in config and tried it in a training battle. What I did basically is clicked RMB and immediately after that moved my mouse on enemy tank. So issue might be that I'm targeting enemy vehicle while still releasing RMB...
//Oh yea, forgot to mention, it locks on a target (lock on sound) and right after that unlocks (unlock sound..).

Anyways, these are two examples of how it looked in python.log when I managed to reproduce it. It's those "last" lines, I copied a few before the issue occured just to be sure nothing is missing and that it's working correctly.
Link: pastebin - 1 day remaining

pastebin failing

plkJaqenHghar #1670 Posted Today, 04:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28918 battles
  • [POK] POK

View PostKrzysztof_Chodak, on 23 March 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Odd, working just fine on my side. So, I'll put it here...

Krzysztof_Chodak #1671 Posted Today, 06:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34042 battles
  • [AZP] AZP

I can't reproduce it :( What is your "time_snapping" config section?

I have remapped AA to RMB to have snapping delay without luck :(

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

CmdRatScabies