2016-11-08 DUE TO THIS INFO MOD NO LONGER SNAPS WHEN TRIGGERING AUTO-AIM (ALL YOU CAN DO IS TO ASK WG TO CHANGE THEIR MIND)
2016-11-29 IF ANYONE RECEIVES INFO FROM WG ABOUT SOME OF MOD'S FUNCTIONALITY BEING "UNFAIR" THEN PLEASE LINK IT IN THE THREAD SO I REMOVE SUCH FUNCTIONALITY FROM THE MOD
yellow AUTO near the center of the screen while in autoaim mode; some requested it
new features (configurable in json file):
- instead of AUTO the name of vehicle autoaimed is displayed
- ability to snap to nearest vehicle while marking the enemy with T (when you press T without any target highlighed - the nearest vehicle to pointing reticle is being found)
- customizable appearance by json config
- ability to define a toggle key code to (permanently) turn the mod on or off with it (you need to press and hold the key during the battle, off by default as it could bring some performance penalty; list of key codes can be found here - use numeric values, not symbols!)
- additionally: optional clip reload announcer + quick repair with T + others... (see config explanation)
2017-01-07 NEW IDEA FOR EASIER AUTOAIM LOCKING
To ease autoaim locking I have introduced another option called time_snapping. Normally you need to highlight a tank and at the same time click to trigger AA. Idea is to separate those two in time: you can click BEFORE and AA will trigger itself automatically once you HIGHLIGHT enemy. It also looks ok from fair play policy perspective.
Two usage scenarios:
- players used to dense AA clicking should use small time in seconds (f.e. 1) and toggle=False to basically extend duration of their AA lock retry in time for that second or so,
- fresh players or others willing to change habits should use longer time (it could be ever set to 0 to make this function permanent) and use toggle=True to switch it on/off when needed.
In all cases functions turns itself off once AA lock is being done.
It is fresh idea so it can change in time as I play more with it.
When one uses separate key for AA (I use scroll wheel/middle mouse button) then one can press and hold it to trigger AA once target is highlighted. Actually for single key (camera/AA) it works as well but the downside is that while you try to trigger AA this way your barrel is not moving closer to the enemy.
binary: directory with all my mods (I put there my whole res_mods directory
and you need to extract this mod from there)
When attaching new file I may leave old one for some time in case new one fails
default config explanation:
Edited by Krzysztof_Chodak, Yesterday, 10:54 AM.