Non-aggression-agreement, myth or truth?

clans shared country CW agreement

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

RispidoTank #1 Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9265 battles

Maybe you all don’t know, but a part of the Spanish community is struggling right now because two of our biggest Clans have been battling between them. I’m kind of new in the game so that information didn’t surprised me, but now there is a parallel forum-war claiming about a so called “non-aggression-agreement”. Never seen, never written, never spoken but it happens to be known by all the veteran players…

That agreement involves “same level clans” that share a country, in the scenario that I’m talking Spanish Clans. With that in mind all the “biggest” Spanish Clans have been trying to avoid battling each other (country cannibalism) with the exception of landings and “territory diplomacy” (You give me that, I’ll give you this, we all win). It was taboo even “thinking aloud” with your clan mates, and Clan Strategy circled around that idea… So if an X-Clan had a long term strategy and a Y-Clan (same “level” and same real life country) was in the middle they had to choose between Diplomacy or changing the strategy.

Now our forum is on fire, the community is terrified about the idea of having “new enemies” and a "community in war” (a lot of people thinks that if Spanish clans are fighting between them they can’t share a good real-life-relationship).

Are these kind of problems shared by the rest of communities? Do British clans (f.e) battle between them like they do with the rest of the clans (diplomacy appart)? Do other countries have any kind of non-aggression-agreement? What do you think about that?

P.S.1. Don’t get me wrong. The Spanish Community could be on fire right now but the “war” affects only two Clans, the others are just like yesterday: ready to fight for territory.

P.S.2. English is not my mother language so forgive and forget… Shakespeare will beat me some day, keep that in mind.

Anzezaf #2 Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21059 battles

Ha, its even a greater feeling when you battle with a clan from the same country :D . Much more fun than regular battles.

But TBH, most of the top clans dont identify themselves with only 1 country, even if their origin is well known.

Killsteal #3 Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33805 battles

View Postanzezaf, on 26 October 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

Ha, its even a greater feeling when you battle with a clan from the same country :D . Much more fun than regular battles.

I dont play CW anymore but i totally agree with this! 

RispidoTank #4 Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9265 battles

So no country has any kind of "non-aggression-agreement"... I didn't know it for sure, but I was betting on that feeling. A lot of spanish players were claiming and defending the "agreement" while saying that every country has a come to a similar arrangement. 

In fact a lot of clans are worried about whats going to happen next. Like the end of the actual world and the awakening of a new era of spanish clans fighting each other... So much drama.

Do you think that foerign clans will try to take advantage of this? Will they see all of this like a weakness?

babuuni #5 Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13143 battles
Never heard of any nationality NAPs.

godmonkey #6 Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21653 battles

yeah like Fire and RSOP, we would never NAP even if we are both finnish...

except if we make a pretty flag on europe...then maybe

Edited by godmonkey, 26 October 2014 - 08:27 PM.

Vulgarny #7 Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29133 battles
You maybe find it strange, but there is no greater enemy for polish clan then other polish clan.

Merdis #8 Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26651 battles

View PostVulgarny, on 26 October 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

You maybe find it strange, but there is no greater enemy for polish clan then other polish clan.

^This. There many Polish clans in game and wars between them are very common. Usually wars within Polish community are even more fierce than battles against non-Polish clans. After more than 3 years since beginnings of CW,  some rivalries are almost set in stone.

Creating huge alliance (or non aggressive pact), which consists of most of important Polish clans, is (and will be in foreseeable future) impossible.

mack00 #9 Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 624 battles
  • [SUB-0] SUB-0

View PostMerdis, on 27 October 2014 - 02:25 AM, said:

^This. There many Polish clans in game and wars between them are very common. Usually wars within Polish community are even more fierce than battles against non-Polish clans. After more than 3 years since beginnings of CW,  some rivalries are almost set in stone.

Creating huge alliance (or non aggressive pact), which consists of most of important Polish clans, is (and will be in foreseeable future) impossible.

To the top of that I would add that clashes between PL clans go beyond game and hit forum and even RL (not exactly fights but malevolence). Very old enemies are PADX and SBP (all versions). If those clans would be in alliance hell would freeze over.

godmonkey #10 Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21653 battles
not a national thing but i really abhor all the PSZ-N (whatever) klens since the days we were in the middle east. they attacked us with 4 clans for 6 months nonstop...those **was can go rot in hell before i agree to fight on the same side with them.

Hemiger #11 Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36432 battles
Yea only ones that seem to apply your mass nationality nap that ive seen are some of the german ones and a few groups of polish ones which godmonkey mentioned. Of course you could technically count the bia community but they seem to be the only high level clan from their countrys that I know of. And like mentioned the finnish ones at least are usually more inclined to fight eachother at least until someone gets a drunken idea to put a flag on the map :justwait:

hillo_ #12 Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18912 battles
  • [MIES] MIES
With national teams and archrivals (sometimes even both Tankkipelin Mika Salot, parhaita omasta mielestä) the CW feeling is always special, like any El Clásico or Mancunian Derby. 

Harkonnen #13 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

The Daily Bounce

• Community Contributor
  • 20905 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

The Portuguese Community is not that big, but there is a lot of "small clans". Unfortunally for us (GOP), none of the clans are at our "level", but there is a few that can manage them selfs in Clan Wars. We had a fight recently with one of these clans, and I think almost every single one of this "small clans" have the same idea as the spanish. That clans from Portugal should not fight and for some virtue of the virtual world there is a rule written in the air that we are not supposed to attack each other... And when we did attack the other clan there was a big flame war everywhere and all...

Personally, I do believe that the best clans to fight first of all are the clans from the same country, then others. And in times of need, then yes, cooperate. This topic seems it confirms a lot of the communities out there "think" the same, and respect no NAP with national clans :)

Frenzier #14 Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 59707 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

View PostHarkonnen, on 04 November 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

The Portuguese Community is not that big, but there is a lot of "small clans". Unfortunally for us (GOP), none of the clans are at our "level", but there is a few that can manage them selfs in Clan Wars. We had a fight recently with one of these clans, and I think almost every single one of this "small clans" have the same idea as the spanish. That clans from Portugal should not fight and for some virtue of the virtual world there is a rule written in the air that we are not supposed to attack each other... And when we did attack the other clan there was a big flame war everywhere and all...

Personally, I do believe that the best clans to fight first of all are the clans from the same country, then others. And in times of need, then yes, cooperate. This topic seems it confirms a lot of the communities out there "think" the same, and respect no NAP with national clans :)

A NAP makes sense between countrymen when those countrymen are few... and the portuguese comunity its one of the smallest in world of tanks, it can obviously have a greatly negative impact on morale when even fellow countrymen dont have some "pity" for a weaker clan of the same nationality.

Henriques #15 Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 45186 battles
  • [-LYNX] -LYNX

As a GOP soldier, I kinda got exited/extra motivated to fight vs our countrymen, we had our reasons and we did it (we went to Africa just to take them off the map and it felt pretty good back then) but I believe it was a one time only and wont happen again. It just doesn't feel right. 

Excluding this incident, we don't fight each other, but also there is little to no cooperation whatsoever between PT clans. 

A bit offtopic now: Portugal vs Spain war? Totally in! You know... for historic reasons xD 

FooWayTheTacoMaster #16 Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:48 AM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 32734 battles

They just whined in a post because we took their landing (which have been our main focus in the last week) and wiped em out of the map. Then they invented that thing about it's a shame for our community, something never seen, blablabla, rage in a post full of rubbish just because again we took their landing. We just did the best for our clan interest and. And frankly, this has been proved to be funnier and better for the community. Of course we are talking about clans in, nmore or less, the same level.

In fact, the next day we applied in Corsica (you -GOP- were there :p), but it wasn't a war, just a coincidence :trollface:

Xensation #17 Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Commander
  • 15736 battles
Quite frankly, national clans are for people who are either bad players or incapable of speaking English. If you speak English and still choose to sit in a national clan you're limiting yourself.

munkilla #18 Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38425 battles
  • [EFE] EFE

View PostXensation, on 06 November 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Quite frankly, national clans are for people who are either bad players or incapable of speaking English. If you speak English and still choose to sit in a national clan you're limiting yourself.

Uuuuh, shots fired at RSOP :ohmy:

godmonkey #19 Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21653 battles

noooooo Xen whyyy. i know ROSOP are bobs (with some gold boobs and rerolls in the mix) but our reason is kind of simple why we keep it only finnish.

battlecomms. thats it. during battle it is just loads more efficient to be talking you mothertongue then anything else.

this is why we never win anything...oh wait...

Xensation #20 Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Commander
  • 15736 battles
Come on, Finland is not just a nation, it's a religion of pure awesome you're born into. RSOP is not a national clan, it's a cult that celebrates the uli to #REK the opposition. :honoring:

Edited by Xensation, 06 November 2014 - 05:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users