Jump to content


War between great clans is ongoing.

CW Clans Clan war

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

bggeneral #1 Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:18 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33365 battles
  • 2,145
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013

Currently there is ongoing great Clan war in Western and Central Europe, and I did not find any post for it in the forum.

But if you are monitoring the Europe map in last 2-3 weeks, it is easy to find , that there is great battle between big and strong clans.

 

From one side are the well known "greens", that was dominating the map in last 3-4 months.

- CSA

- S-D

- Jckal

- PADX

- A-P

- STRNK

- Weterany AFK

 

I call them Imperial forces.

 

From other side are so called by me "Rebels":

- R1SE

- L-FEW

- ANGER

- ONE

 

 

The situation started few weeks ago, the new clan ANGER succesfully attacked France and push the "green empire" back to Germany. R1SE came behind and support ANGER.

Greens answered by calling JCKALs to help and push back. Then L-FEW come from South and help rebels.

Greens respond by involving A-P.....

During last week greens managed to return back some provinces in France and Germany, by mobilisation of all his resources, all clans and sub-clans was involved.

In responce, as the "Rebels" was pushed hard and there blade ANGER was excorsed, in last 2-3 days we see some rotation.

 

IMO this situation is more or less "DRAW", until somone manage to make agreement with the only strong aliance still not involved - EFE/FIRE.

 

This is what I sow in last weeks, my be I am wrong, but some big war is going on definetly.

We need someone to provide more information, what actually is ongoing, some "Daily bulletine" will be highly apreciated :)

 


Edited by bggeneral, 27 October 2014 - 11:04 AM.


jostie #2 Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26532 battles
  • 835
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
And we're just farming gold like the little bitches we are:harp:

bggeneral #3 Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33365 battles
  • 2,145
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013

View PostKitty_Perry, on 27 October 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

And we're just farming gold like the little bitches we are:harp:

 

"Just" farming gold is a little borring, is'nt it? It is more interesting if the gold farming is in parallel with some fighting fun ;)

 


Edited by bggeneral, 27 October 2014 - 11:06 AM.


mad0mat #4 Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14544 battles
  • 2,208
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-21-2012

Who cares about clan wars? It's a sport for unicums that normal clan with average players have no chance to win ANYTHING. There is no point in even watching that map when all I see is purple clans all over it. No competition at all. Top 20 clans are fighting between themselves and nothing else.

 

Stronghold - that's more interesting as all clans have chances to win.


Edited by mad0mat, 27 October 2014 - 11:07 AM.


bggeneral #5 Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33365 battles
  • 2,145
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013

View Postmad0mat, on 27 October 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Who cares about clan wars? It's a sport for unicums that normal clan with average players have no chance to win ANYTHING. There is no point in even watching that map when all I see is purple clans all over it. No competition at all. Top 20 clans are fighting between themselves and nothing else.

 

If you think so, then you have to wait for CW GM ver.2 - where every existing province will be splitted by 2 or 3. Much more provinces, much more clans.....

jostie #6 Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26532 battles
  • 835
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View Postbggeneral, on 27 October 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

 

"Just" farming gold is a little borring, is'nt it? It is more interesting if the gold farming is in parallel with some fighting fun ;)

 

Nah, we have our hands full on the clans that try to land on our territory



Thrombozyt #7 Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21373 battles
  • 330
  • Member since:
    07-24-2012

View Postmad0mat, on 27 October 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

Who cares about clan wars? It's a sport for unicums that normal clan with average players have no chance to win ANYTHING. There is no point in even watching that map when all I see is purple clans all over it. No competition at all. Top 20 clans are fighting between themselves and nothing else.

 

Stronghold - that's more interesting as all clans have chances to win.

 

You are so wrong.. sadly, CW is a bit lame because the high and mighty rarely fight among themselves. If the strongest were constantly at each others throats, it would open opportunities for the second row clans to take chunks out of them simply due to tank locking and chip shortage.

 

The reality looks different, with most top clans picking themselves an area they can easily control with their allies, leaving them 1-2 landing zones they need to hold. They establish themselves and enjoy the income with minimal fuzz until either someone gets really really bored or a campaign starts.

 

Just increasing the number of provinces won't help that much as the same style will prevail. The maximum number of provinces is limited by the chip amounts and by battles taking place simultaneously. There is no incentive to fight, so all the attrition mechanisms that should give smaller clans a shot are no working properly.

 

Solution:

For each consecutive day a clan is on the worldmap, the income of all provinces owned are increased by 2% (capped at a 500 gold per province bonus). Raiding only gives 2x gold, with the province gradually recovering its value (0%, 10%, 30%, 60%, 100%) for a total of 3x income over a 4 day period. BUT

Tank locking is permanent. To unlock a tank either:

a) Leave the worldmap. This unlocks all tanks of a clan within 24h.

or b) Win a battle for a province. This unlocks a number of tanks of the winning clan equal to the number of tanks they destroyed in battle. Defending a landing zone (or riot) does NOT count as a battle for a province.

 

With this rule there is a limit on how long a clan can sit and defend a given territory as most of these setups involve a landing zone (hello GB). Defending landing zones over and over will drain the number of unlocked tanks (as no clan will win the defense battle 15-0 every time). The only way to recharge your tanks is to actually attack and win (or be attacked and win). Battle will further reduce the number of tanks available between these clans. Not THIS would be a mechanic to force movement, tactics and diplomacy beyond "lets all farm in peace".

The changes to the income mechanic are to counter the "raid and leave" strategy that would become prevalent. Raiding will be a viable option, farming is more lucrative, but only if you can win consistently.


Edited by Thrombozyt, 27 October 2014 - 11:46 AM.


babuuni #8 Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13143 battles
  • 997
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013

View Postbggeneral, on 27 October 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Currently there is ongoing great Clan war in Western and Central Europe, and I did not find any post for it in the forum.

 

Check the clan section of the forums.



SuperOlsson #9 Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21141 battles
  • 895
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    08-07-2012

View PostThrombozyt, on 27 October 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

a) Leave the worldmap. This unlocks all tanks of a clan within 24h.

or b) Win a battle for a province. This unlocks a number of tanks of the winning clan equal to the number of tanks they destroyed in battle. Defending a landing zone (or riot) does NOT count as a battle for a province.

 

With this rule there is a limit on how long a clan can sit and defend a given territory as most of these setups involve a landing zone (hello GB). Defending landing zones over and over will drain the number of unlocked tanks (as no clan will win the defense battle 15-0 every time). The only way to recharge your tanks is to actually attack and win (or be attacked and win). Battle will further reduce the number of tanks available between these clans. Not THIS would be a mechanic to force movement, tactics and diplomacy beyond "lets all farm in peace".

The changes to the income mechanic are to counter the "raid and leave" strategy that would become prevalent. Raiding will be a viable option, farming is more lucrative, but only if you can win consistently.

 

That would actually hurt smaller clans and clans with few top tier tanks more than the top clans, as they wont be able to hold any territories for any mentionable time anyway. 

 

//SuperOlsson



bggeneral #10 Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33365 battles
  • 2,145
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013

View Postbabuuni, on 27 October 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

 

Check the clan section of the forums.

I checked. There is one post, full with hate and stronK words. But no news :)

Is everithing secret? On th GM?

 



Thrombozyt #11 Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21373 battles
  • 330
  • Member since:
    07-24-2012

View PostSuperOlsson, on 27 October 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

 

That would actually hurt smaller clans and clans with few top tier tanks more than the top clans, as they wont be able to hold any territories for any mentionable time anyway. 

 

//SuperOlsson

 

Small clans with high profile players are already gimped by the need to have multiple team ready for simultaneous battle. They are however good enough to win most of their battles and should thus not suffer from tank locking. You fight a battle and win through destruction of all enemies, you lose 14 tanks tops and unlock 15.

Lower ranked clans are less affected by tank locking while ON the map, rather by the tanks staying locked after leaving and trying to land again. They actually have more to gain from a less stable world map as there are more opportunities to take a bite out of clans that are stronger but weakened by attrition.



japtank #12 Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27619 battles
  • 1,046
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

I once or twice tried to join a clan to take part into clan wars.

 

Never again.

 

You know, the vast majority of the players suck hardcore. In games like WoW, even if you suck you can have a shot at raiding and enjoy some nice rewards.

There's no such thing here, last clan I was in (99 players) we couldn't muster a team for clan wars and we were winning 26% of our stronghold battles.

26% !!!

There's no hope at that level, once stronghold can be raided, they won't even be playing strongholds anymore.

 

So those people play randoms and that's it.

 

Clan wars and stronghold battles are for no-life people.

I've been one, I know how it goes, it sucks you life hard.

Not good.



Lord_Demon #13 Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 32658 battles
  • 3,643
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

Wouldn't such large battle between clans be a good opportunity for smaller clans to try to take out some less secured territory from the big ones for a while?

 

The main force is busy elsewhere, so capping other zones might be easier.

Actually, the big clan who manages to enlist proper smaller clans to distract and weaken the enemy might win the big war.

 

Of, as for the "hold and harvest issue: Would it help if the landing zones would be volatile? Each landing zone would have a random time (for example, 1-7 days). After that is over, the landing zone disappears and another landing zone appears in some other province for a random time. This way clans would have to keep defending their borders, and landing zones. They might get a unluckly turn and have many more landings in their area, or some easy quiet time and not much threats.

 

 



Carantanien #14 Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 16815 battles
  • 1,521
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011

OP, why 2 same topics?

 

View Postmad0mat, on 27 October 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

Who cares about clan wars? It's a sport for unicums that normal clan with average players have no chance to win ANYTHING. There is no point in even watching that map when all I see is purple clans all over it. No competition at all. Top 20 clans are fighting between themselves and nothing else.

 

I would like to hear your definition of unicum or what is unicum clan is or where is the border between unicums/average. The way you state it ~1300WN7 clan is unicum as they have no problem to farm some gold on global map...

SuperOlsson #15 Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21141 battles
  • 895
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    08-07-2012

View PostThrombozyt, on 27 October 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

 

Small clans with high profile players are already gimped by the need to have multiple team ready for simultaneous battle. They are however good enough to win most of their battles and should thus not suffer from tank locking. You fight a battle and win through destruction of all enemies, you lose 14 tanks tops and unlock 15.

 

And top clans are not able to win most of their battles?

 

 

View PostThrombozyt, on 27 October 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

Lower ranked clans are less affected by tank locking while ON the map, rather by the tanks staying locked after leaving and trying to land again. They actually have more to gain from a less stable world map as there are more opportunities to take a bite out of clans that are stronger but weakened by attrition.

 

Ok, lets take OMNI as an example, we have 1515 tier 10 tanks within the clan (http://www.noobmeter.../OMNI/500017824), which means that we theoretically could lose 30 tanks a day for 50 days straight. But lets assume we want to keep the pool of our most used vehicles healthy, so we drop off the map once every ~20-30 days, that gives other clans a whopping time window of one to one and a half day each month to take our provinces, and then try to hold them as we want them back. In practice those provinces would probably be given to allies and then given back after the tanks are recharged. So im sorry but i dont think your suggestion would achieve anything more than a minor inconvenience for top clans/alliances

 

//SuperOlsson



bggeneral #16 Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33365 battles
  • 2,145
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013

View PostSuperOlsson, on 27 October 2014 - 03:57 PM, said:

 

And top clans are not able to win most of their battles?

 

 

 

Ok, lets take OMNI as an example, we have 1515 tier 10 tanks within the clan (http://www.noobmeter.../OMNI/500017824), which means that we theoretically could lose 30 tanks a day for 50 days straight. But lets assume we want to keep the pool of our most used vehicles healthy, so we drop off the map once every ~20-30 days, that gives other clans a whopping time window of one to one and a half day each month to take our provinces, and then try to hold them as we want them back. In practice those provinces would probably be given to allies and then given back after the tanks are recharged. So im sorry but i dont think your suggestion would achieve anything more than a minor inconvenience for top clans/alliances

 

//SuperOlsson

I agree with this explanation.

But

if we have:

a) less stabile GM

b) 3 times more provinces

c) same or less ammount of chips

then

This will lead to medium level clans also to have benefits.

Clans with low performance will still stay where they  are......



Thrombozyt #17 Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21373 battles
  • 330
  • Member since:
    07-24-2012

View PostSuperOlsson, on 27 October 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

 

And top clans are not able to win most of their battles?

 

 

 

Ok, lets take OMNI as an example, we have 1515 tier 10 tanks within the clan (http://www.noobmeter.../OMNI/500017824), which means that we theoretically could lose 30 tanks a day for 50 days straight. But lets assume we want to keep the pool of our most used vehicles healthy, so we drop off the map once every ~20-30 days, that gives other clans a whopping time window of one to one and a half day each month to take our provinces, and then try to hold them as we want them back. In practice those provinces would probably be given to allies and then given back after the tanks are recharged. So im sorry but i dont think your suggestion would achieve anything more than a minor inconvenience for top clans/alliances

 

//SuperOlsson

 

1) Top clans don't battle - that is the point. Rarely does a top clan go to war against a dangerous enemy. If you do the FAME thing and camp England, you are forced to attack R1SE to replenish tanks. R1SE will not take kindly if they are attacked as they lose tanks. Sure, attacks happens rarely, but if you tweak the riot mechanics on top, so that FAME can expect a riot once every 3 days it adds up.

 

2) You might have 1515 tier 10 tanks, but only 100 batchats at most - and those might not be available every time as players are online/offline. Losses on key tanks will accumulate far more quickly. Even if it means that you are required to leave the map once every month, it will shake up the map. You allies might not be as strong as you and lose ground. If you want, you can even say that tanks are unlocked at a rate of 1 tank per 30 minutes, so you have to wait for a while outside of the map recharging. That puts additional strain on your allies to keep your territories. All WG then has to do is monitor 'battles' between allies and crack down on match fixing where a main clan attacks its sub clan before that sub leaves the map.

 



imperiumgraecum #18 Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:36 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 60842 battles
  • 2,846
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    01-03-2011

View Postmad0mat, on 27 October 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

Stronghold -all clans have chances to win.

 

Nop, unicum clans have tremendously higher chances than bob ones; it's essentially a CW battle, just without being able to choose the opponent, but it doesn't matter, because most clans are useless anyway

Edited by imperiumgraecum, 27 October 2014 - 11:38 PM.


Gnomus #19 Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:19 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34484 battles
  • 2,029
  • [ASEET] ASEET
  • Member since:
    02-12-2011

View PostThrombozyt, on 27 October 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

 

1) Top clans don't battle - that is the point. Rarely does a top clan go to war against a dangerous enemy. If you do the FAME thing and camp England, you are forced to attack R1SE to replenish tanks. R1SE will not take kindly if they are attacked as they lose tanks. Sure, attacks happens rarely, but if you tweak the riot mechanics on top, so that FAME can expect a riot once every 3 days it adds up.

 

2) You might have 1515 tier 10 tanks, but only 100 batchats at most - and those might not be available every time as players are online/offline. Losses on key tanks will accumulate far more quickly. Even if it means that you are required to leave the map once every month, it will shake up the map. You allies might not be as strong as you and lose ground. If you want, you can even say that tanks are unlocked at a rate of 1 tank per 30 minutes, so you have to wait for a while outside of the map recharging. That puts additional strain on your allies to keep your territories. All WG then has to do is monitor 'battles' between allies and crack down on match fixing where a main clan attacks its sub clan before that sub leaves the map.

 

 

Good clans/communities/alliances would just feed their secondary clans to main clans and then drop those secondary clans out from the map once in a while to unfreeze their potential to keep main clan in fighting fit.

 

Easy to do, just let suitable farming clan in middle of your alliance and let them have at least two areas (or as many as you want to give for them). When main clan has 15 important tanks frozen they will attack secondary clan, who brings 15x T1 to fight them. All main clans tanks are unfrozen. Next day secondary clans reconquers province and are ready for next "unfreezing".

 

Actually you don't even need a farming clan. Top quality clans could just swap one or two territory between themselves when needed and "loser" would bring low tier lineups to open allied clans main tanks. What ever rules WG will make for CW clans will always make their best to avoid them. In most cases smaller clans that are out side of alliances would be main sufferers while top clans could make their exploiting much easier and more effectively.

 

 

What would be needed is increase number of riots so there are openings here and there and map would be in constant flux. Good clans would still keep several areas, but increased changes and constant flow of clans in and out on map would mean there would be less self supporting naps where everyone on map is trying to kick out the new comers. (This might need map wipe because in current positions even few more riots wouldn't b able to open up naps.)

 

 

When riot changes were announced I predicted map would become more stale and get back to nap-land it was before riots. I think we have seen this happen. This current war is welcome change, but it still covers only small part of map and doesn't make much room for average clans to enter. How many other large wars or changes there have been on map in months since last Campaign? Not many.

 

Of course some thought that reduced number of riots would not make map stale but more dynamic as it would free up good clans to fight each others. Funny that that opinion came from FAME member and we know how dynamically they have rampaged all over the map and attacked their neighbors thanks to lessened need to fight riots. This is not against FAME, they do their work exceptionally well, but rather to show that clans will do what is best and easiest for them. Lessened riots could have made rampaging and touring easier (not really, as there are less entry points and better defenses near them), but for most good clans there is very little reason to break their safe farming.



talkinjibberish #20 Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:35 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 20538 battles
  • 2,919
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View Postbggeneral, on 27 October 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

Currently there is ongoing great Clan war in Western and Central Europe, and I did not find any post for it in the forum.

 

 

because no one with a life cares??







Also tagged with CW, Clans, Clan war

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users