Quitting this addictive hell-hole (not a whine thread)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Thundyuk #21 Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14644 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR
Why not just change the password and give it to a real life friend or family member tell them to keep it and not let you have it? There are ways to not lose all that progress and money without deleting it. Hell give it to a good online friend.

bushwacker001 #22 Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27275 battles
I can see where you are coming from RNG, good luck mate and I hope to not see you back if you are that serious. :smile:

CircleOfSorrow #23 Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles
give me the account. You can have it back in a month.

Repeat.

Sisarot #24 Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4907 battles

400 € in one month :ohmy:

I have spend 75€ in a year so far.

bogh0g #25 Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18239 battles

It's good that you're aware of the addictive effects of the game. If something is having an adverse effect on your life then it's not just a hobby anymore. It's just not easy to just "play a little" or "don't spend any money", addiction just doesn't work like that. Best of luck to you, I hope your life improves because of your deciscion. 

TaHko3d #26 Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22751 battles

View PostRandomNumberGenerator, on 28 October 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

The only cure for me will be deleting the account so I can no longer access it. 

I tried taking a long break (2 months) and came back and played just a little, but after a little while I was back where I started and now spending even more money..

I'm just curious, what do you spend money on here, obviously a lot by the sounds of it? Is it prem tanks? Or are you addicted to converting exp?

I've spend some euros here myself, bought fcm and is6 later + I pay prem acc, but that's it for me.

I think it's perfectly fine to buy a couple of prem tanks and prem acc. Do you really spend much more on this game?

Btw, I've spend 500€ at the Red Light District in Amsterdam few months ago, It was damn worth it :trollface:

Edited by TaHko3d, 28 October 2014 - 08:34 AM.

mystikro #27 Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31139 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRandomNumberGenerator, on 28 October 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

Imagine watching your hobby taking over your time, your social life, your wallet, your sleep, your life.

Better get me a proper hobby that doesn't involve anything digital and dangerously addictive. 

This is like drugs, expensive as [edited], damaging your life.

I think this is his girlfriend/wife logged in his account, it just seems too... fabricated. You say you spent 400 Euro this month? On what exactly? Premium tanks? I think with 400 Euro, you can buy all of them. What did you do with the rest? It's 10 Euro to buy a month of premium... Have you been buying gold ammo? If so, here's a solution for you: don't play with gold ammo, others spam gold ammo, you die, they live because of point and click aspect of gold ammo, get frustrated, play less and less.

Sources: Me and my 23.000 games.

Edited by mystikro, 28 October 2014 - 08:28 AM.

EmperorSafirius #28 Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21062 battles

Hmm well, I don't mean to be rude or anything.. but if you spend, in your own opinion, way too much money and time in the game, well, sad to say, but it isn't the game's problem..

What Vonnis said is right: take a time out from the game and then come back after a while... if you really wish to leave the game forever, you do realise the money and time you spent for the game will be for nothing, right? 

With addicting games, you always have to have one thing in mind: it is just a game. And you should take it as that... I guess you just weren't strong enough if the game got you hooked up so much :sad:

Seriously, deleting the game isn't exactly a number 1 option if you spent over 200€ in it..

EDIT: read all the other replies on this topic.. 400 this month?! And then you consider deleting the game? You do know it is like you took 400€ in your hand and then burn the money with a lighter? Sounds like you seriously need to talk to someone.. it does seem like you have a huge problem(unless you are trolling).

Edited by EmperorSafirius, 28 October 2014 - 08:35 AM.

Ace_of_Sp4des #29 Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25481 battles

I wouldn't do that, so far all the times I did that on various games and later on regretted it.

In your place I would try to squeeze everything out of it and I wouldvtry to sell it. Dont listen to me, it is illegal.

Edited by mccqa, 28 October 2014 - 08:38 AM.

VeryRisky #30 Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

General

• Player
  • 17891 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRandomNumberGenerator, on 28 October 2014 - 02:12 AM, said:

Rather gold to free xp

Er that's enough to convert 3m XP! How on earth to you need that many tanks in that much of a hury?

Now seriouly I agree you have a problem and you're right that you need to address this but the question is whether getting that account deleted will solve it.   You're trying to got for cold turkey but you need to find a way of not just replacing WoT with another habit.

I will admit I find it hard not to play the game, but thankfully I set myself some anti-pay-to-rush restrictions  before I started.  I'm not sure what it would take for you but could I suggest you ban yourself from FreeXP conversion and set ACT on all your elite tanks immediately.   You don't need more premium tanks and you won't be converting gold to credits.   Now without the FreeXP tank skipping you won't need loads of gold for crew training so we're slightly more under control.

How you deal with the time is harder, but I can only suggest some hard rules, perhaps you need to have days you don't play at all and define a fixed session time when you do.  If you have a few people you play with in game, tell them and get them to hassle you if you are playing outside the time you set.   Playing platooned with people that you can trust to tell you when to stop.  In fact see if you can stick to playing with people you can trust to look out for you.

I'm not saying this will be easy or work out for sure, but I hope it's doable.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

wsatnutter #31 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25397 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

A rough breakdown of what you spent on 400 euros would be good cos to be honest I cannot fathom

that one out.  I've spent that and a little more in 5 YEARS and you did that in a month. 

If you have to take a break a long one. 

With this game if you are running solo then intelligence does not come into it. The other 14 players could be fruit bats

and will act accordingly so you need to improvise. 

The only advice I can give is .

1. Put your wallet away

2. Find some m8s or clan mates and toon with them using teamspeak being able to hear each other makes the game better.

3.if it's not going well take half hour out of game and walk the dog or kiss the Mrs whatever you prefer. 

4. Don't get stressed the next game could be a right corker. 

Anyways all the best if ya want pop in our ts for a chinwag and meet the loons

Edited by wsatnutter, 28 October 2014 - 09:05 AM.

_kerber_ #32 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25988 battles

Actually I find this free to play model way to much expensive. It took me so time till I finally decide to quite, because of lots reasons (RNG, MM, playerbase, ..).

After so much time spent in WOT, I think quality of game going down rapidly and as for me its more frustration nor fun.

Good luck for tankers, who enjoy this game, but for me its enough! Captain _kerber_ leaving the board :honoring:

Xabre99 #33 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13445 battles

Everything in moderation.

An addictive personality is the problem, not the game itself.

ArrNgee #34 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28286 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

1. Free XP. Had almost 2 mill free XP, now I have 500k

2. These bundles with 12.5 mill creds and 12 500 gold

3. Premium tanks

It can all add up to that amount. Just 2 of those bundles mentioned above comes to 200 eur.

distrofijus #35 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30393 battles

So it's not worth your time to grind some credits and tanks. You take some shortcuts and now is too damn expensive...

It is damn addictive, I've got some certain sets of goals set up (like finish a couple tanks and sell them) and hopefully will finally manage to take a break. But I'lI never claim the game is the problem, it's me. I rack disciprine as well.

locke_RO #36 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

Corporal

• Translator
  • 22338 battles
  • [ODV] ODV

I do believe that you don't want to quit actually - if so, you would have done it without the thread :D

Also, I don't believe deleting the account is a waste of money - you paid the euro you had fun - it's all ok  (just like that guy having fun in RedLight District - doesn't mean he wasted the money just by leaving the district...) so go ahead and do it if you feel like it.

However, I think it's all about the WILL do stop playing it or at least stop playing it in a way that you don't find fit - either too much time or too much money or both. If the will is missing, deleting the account might not solve it for you - you might start another one when the withdrawal symptoms get strong enough (again, assuming you do are addicted to playing wot) and it might sink even more money to get back to the level you are now.

So yes, we can post our opinions here just for the fun of it, but I doubt you will find anything really useful in our answers because it's only related to you - here's even my advice : do some physical workouts (it can be at a gym if you like, or it can be at home - I think even better. As a starting point you might want to search google/youtube for calisthenics and you'll find plenty - regardless if you are male or female). This will benefit you in many ways - will strengthen your body (which is getting weaker possibly without you even noticing, if you spend many hours in a static position, with your spine curved up on the keyboard) will allow you to naturally shorten the playtime periods (that is again, if you really want to do that) and will also strengthen and clear your mind (mens sana in corpore sano - there's much truth behind these old words).

Carantanien #37 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16822 battles

Wow you really are addicted as f*** 

But at least you are aware of your addiction and awareness is first step to get "clean", but sometimes awareness is not enough as people cant fight alone/themselfts, so post you username/password (email too) and we will help you get through this :biggrin:

ArrNgee #38 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28286 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

Tbh the addiction isn't the game itself and the joy it offers, it's how it just makes me spend money. 

See it like this:

- You spent a load of money on your account = you think it has value

- Then you realize it's actually without any value as this a virtual product = you can actually jutify deleting the account to get rid of it once and for all

- I would not start over, that's too much of a hazzle, my crews, premiums, time spent, all would be gone, and that's the entire point, making me not want to spend more money.

Playing games like Battlefield etc. is not the same. It's not "endless" in the same way, it doesn't make you spend money by offering premium tanks, gold, XP for an insane price. There's no insentive to just keep going all the time.

Maybe I have and addictive personality? Probably. Playing this game doesn't help it.

VeryRisky #39 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:32 AM

General

• Player
  • 17891 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRandomNumberGenerator, on 28 October 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

1. Free XP. Had almost 2 mill free XP, now I have 500k

2. These bundles with 12.5 mill creds and 12 500 gold

3. Premium tanks

It can all add up to that amount. Just 2 of those bundles mentioned above comes to 200 eur.

Yep, you need to 100% ban yourself from the Credits+Gold packages for a start.   You're good, but playing so many top tier tanks all the time isn't free.  You have premiums, play them and stop buying credits!   Do you really need more premium tanks, you can only play one at time after all?   Is it really worth cash to skip tanks when you are good enough to play them straight.

See if this works:

• No new premium tanks
  • No FreeXP conversion
  • Accelerated crew training on all tanks now!
  • Play premiums or play T5-6 for funding.
  • Fix the time of your playing session before you start
  • Play with people you can trust to tell you when to log off
  • Tell them to flame you if you play without them on your designated days off.
  • Remember the game is meant to be enjoyed for the battles you play, not just to get more newer tanks.

Btw were the other RandomXxxxxxXxxx in your KLANU alts?

ArrNgee #40 Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28286 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostVeryRisky, on 28 October 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Yep, you need to 100% ban yourself from the Credits+Gold packages for a start.   You're good, but playing so many top tier tanks all the time isn't free.  You have premiums, play them and stop buying credits!   Do you really need more premium tanks, you can only play one at time after all?   Is it really worth cash to skip tanks when you are good enough to play them straight.

See if this works:

• No new premium tanks
  • No FreeXP conversion
  • Accelerated crew training on all tanks now!
  • Play premiums or play T5-6 for funding.
  • Fix the time of your playing session before you start
  • Play with people you can trust to tell you when to log off
  • Tell them to flame you if you play without them on your designated days off.
  • Remember the game is meant to be enjoyed for the battles you play, not just to get more newer tanks.

Btw were the other RandomXxxxxxXxxx in your KLANU alts?

Won't delete the account for now, but will uninstall to get it out of my way.. I should convert the rest of the XP though so I don't have to have it laying around tempting me. Then I could enable accelerated training.

The other RandomXXx's are not my alts, they all have lots of games and lower stats than me :P

They all renamed their accounts just for the laugh of it. One was Hancock86 (danish guy), other one was lillegud (also danish) and the last one was panhed13 (british)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users