• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

sartox1 #1 Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35622 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR

Hi everyone!

I was just wandering if anyone was having the same problem as me, and if someone could help me.

The shortened version is that after an XVM update that came up about two weeks ago, the game would always crash during the 30 secs cooldown. I tried deleting all my mods, reinstalling the game and nothing, would work.

Next I contacted support. The found two problems on my pc, outdated drivers and bits of old mods making the game fail (figuring that out took several days, several WG programs for scans and a couple of game reinstallations). Finally, after all of that was fixed, they said that as a result of an internet test that I did for them, that the problem was due to my internet connection.

Now here's the big problem. How can it be that while my sister is using the ipad's wifi, i'm on the phone using internet, the TS3 is runing on the pc, I can browse stuff in the pc... Why will ONLY the game crash and always in the 30 secs cooldown?? It grinds my gears. I accessed my router and set up the configs so that ALL the internet of the house was going straight to my pc (which pissed of my sister :trollface:), in which I had the WoT set as high priority progam, and still the thing won't work? Odd thing is that sometimes works, but that is only one game out of many, and it doesn't match neither the vehicle, the map or anything...

Don't know what else to do. Any ideas? 

Thanks for the help :smile:

Homer_J #2 Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Internet connection won't make your game crash.

Delete the WoT folder, delete the wargaming.net folder in %appdata%, install again.  There's something support didn't find which is causing your crash.

sartox1 #3 Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35622 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR
already used the %appdata% to delete all the wot related games files

sartox1 #4 Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35622 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR
Tell me if you can see the ticket via this link https://eu.wargaming...ket/View/941672

Pansenmann #5 Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33909 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Of course we cannot see the ticket, it's linked to your own account.

OK, lets recap: you deleted the %appdata%/wargamin.net/wot folder

deleted the whole game (uninstalled it)

have up to date graphics drivers, directX and stuff

reinstalled the game without any mods

and still it crashes during countdown?

Not a single crash in garage?

Sounds very fishy.

can you add the "WOTLauncher.log" , "python.log" and the "Influx_PS.log" if present in your WOT install folder?

I am sure there must be something crashing the game engine when it tries to initialize the render subsystem.

Homer_J #6 Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postsartox1, on 29 October 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

already used the %appdata% to delete all the wot related games files

I assume they also had you install the latest directx directly from the Microsoft site, make sure your flash was up to date, and install all Windows updates (including optional updates relating to IE)?

The game is crashing and it's not something else?  The only reason I can think they would blame your internet is if it's actually something else, like your internet connection drops every time the game starts.  In which case turn off the firewall features of your router (leave NAT on), it could be the game traffic triggering flood control on the router.

sartox1 #7 Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35622 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR

Sorry, for the timed passed, I'vebeen very busy. I had a moment yesterday for posting but I thougt I'd better wait for today in order to see if 9.4 fixed stuff, but nope... 

So I don't have a clue how to post any files in the forums, but I had a read through the documents you told me and saw nothing weird on Wotlauncher, python.log is not in my files but python is (maybe is the same, but i'm just making it sure) and in the influx_ps (inglux_ps.log is also not here) says at the very en this: "ERROR: MCMD_DEVICE_LOST". there might be an error in python files, since i have not read it all for being very long, but had a look over and at first gkane nothing wrong.

For what concers to directx, I have directx 11, which i believe is the last version and is compatible with my pc, which runs windows 7 home premium. Update all the things I know i can update, such as windows updates, drivers updates...

I also tried getting into my router device in order to fix things, but I dont have a clue of how it works in techincal details. I did stuff like switching off the wifi (as mentioned before) and just providing internet to my pc and it doesn't work. 

Again, the odd thing is that it works fine sometimes, ususally only in the first game I play (sometimes not even that). I also rarely get a crash when a battle is over. It either stays there with all the enemies dead or base captured until I go to the log in menu (where says that i must log in again) or it goes to the black screen in order to get back to the garage but never does. In case you were wondering, my pc is fine in what matters to graphics and processors (it's a one year old 17" alienware, so it's not a calculator).

edit: did mess with ip adress and DNS adress and also not good results

Edited by sartox1, 05 November 2014 - 04:57 PM.

TLY13 #8 Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1698 battles

You may want to re-check your graphics card driver/software. In my case, i get black screen or display freeze and no other option but to restart while on intense gaming action. Uninstalling and fresh installation of the original driver/software of my graphics cards driver then update with the latest solve my problem.

If i will guess with some on your case;

• Disconnecting in game is an internet issue. Due to system freeze, you may get this result.
  • Black screen, display freeze is something related on a driver issue (incompatibility issue, even though most apps works)
  • IP & DNS should be provided by ISP except internal, in other option you may use Google Public DNS if you want to improve your browsing experience but not the game.

I'm not telling that this is the solution, other suggestion above is correct but maybe not in your case. I provide this information so you can get additional idea. :popcorn:rock on :justwait:

Also tagged with intenet, lag, problem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users