Global Map Needs Changes Or Not?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Global Map Needs Changes Or Not? (95 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like the Global Map to have some changes? for example bigger variation of maps in general, more different maps in same area, timezone changes... etc. etc. give feedback :)

1. Yes, the current map is boring (89 votes [93.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.68%

2. No, the current map works fine (6 votes [6.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.32%

Vote Hide poll

KABINE10 #1 Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47591 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

Would you like the Global Map to have some changes? for example bigger variation of maps in general, more different maps in same area, timezone changes... etc. etc. give feedback :)

hehe, sorry if its a bad poll, first time i created one so i was bit confused. idea i got from the on going discussion from wotcw news topic, thought it would be cool to have the opinions in same topic

i personally vouch for more maps and spreading those more to different areas.

Edited by Kabine10, 30 October 2014 - 06:08 PM.

Toffer1337 #2 Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28374 battles

+1 because its Kabine. I voted yes... a change and some more mixed maps would be really much more interesting and would challenge Clans instead of having their "farmmaps" for Gold.

Greetings Toffer

Hemiger #3 Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:03 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36432 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Make the langings in the middle of russia attackable :smile:

Also increase number of regions and could use a bit more map variation. Some maps for example are only used in one or 2 provinces while others in closer to 30.

UltimateVarro #4 Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:41 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30462 battles
  • [NOP3] NOP3

The available area for Clanwars should be increased.

In comparison to the russian server, which has undoubtedly more clans than the EU server, includes the map parts we know (Central Europe, Mediterranean, Western Africa) AND 5 other map parts (Central Russia / Ural, As* of Russia, Arabia, Southern Africa, Far East), the area we have available is ridiculously small.

The US Server however, is more restricted to their local area of North America and the "Arctic Circle".

However, I do not think that the EU Server is small enough for 3 areas anymore. And, as opposed to the first thought, that another area (let's say Arabia and Southern Africa) would lead to clans holding bigger areas uncontested, I believe it will be the exact opposite. Clans would spread into the other map parts, yes. The density of good and very good clans in Central Europe would decrease, yes. But that can only be an advantage for smaller clans, maybe they won't take on the "big" provinces as Paris, London, Switzerland or Berlin, but they would still be able to squeeze themselves in somewhere.

I for myself, being partly responsible for our global movement nowadays, would go on a vacation through Arabia and Southern Africa instantly, not caring about the gold yield, which will probably fall (in Southern Africa's case) under the category "3rd world" just like Western Africa anyways.

As far as timezones are concerned, I would make use of the "natural borders" some parts of the maps have in between. For example Central Russia, the natural border that would restrict anyone of moving his troops fast from one side to the other is the Ural Mountains. Take them as unattackable provinces (greyed out), left of them is the 18:00 timezone (yes we have a great total of 3 provinces earlier than that), right of the Ural Mountains the 20:00 timezone starts again.

Nobody gives a damn if that's absolutely incorrect. Funnily enough tho, and someone has to read that twice to fully understand what it means, the russian server indeed has a consistent timezone system. That means, the clans fighting at the very east end of Russia are fighting in a 10:00(!!) timezone. One needs to think about that .. get up at 9am, fight clanwars at 10:30am .. WHAT?

That would make sense, and only then, if people are fighting in the area they live in. But they don't. I honestly doubt that the german part of the OM-community are living in Turkey and Arabia, I honestly doubt everyone from HDU lives in Spain and everyone from FAME in England. And also, I don't think every clan in the very east end of Russia is living there either.

Take Europe, the European Part of Russia, the Mediterranean, Western Africa and make them stay as they are, timezone-wise. Take Central Russia, and start the process again .. very west end 20:00, middle 19:00, very east end 18:00. As I already said, I honestly doubt anyone will complain that this is not realistic.

Furthermore .. where are the maps that resemble North America? (HIghway for example)

I took a look at the maps that are being played on the North American Server in the US-area. I've seen AT LEAST 3 provinces with Prokhorovka. Where in gods name is Prokhorovka in the US??? That's about the same as putting Kharkov on Brandenburg.

Put a lot more ressources into map-creation, the addition of Havok, should it ever happen, will allow maps to be dynamic. Battlefield 4 calls that "Levolution", I call it "Player-Triggered Script-Sequences".

I am not saying that every single province needs its own map, but it _should_ at least have some recognizable resemblance to the real-life counterpart. Someone coming from that province should be able to say "yeah, it could look like that somewhere over here.". If I look at Bavaria, where I come from. Lakeville .. NOPE. Doesn't look like that here. We don't have seas in a mountain area. Murovanka however, would quite easily resemble some of the more agricultural areas of Bavaria.

To cut a very long story short:

- more map areas

- more maps - screw tank lines, MAPS.

- admit bad maps and kick them out (*cough* Province *cough*)

- VARIATION - more map variation and not 50x Malinovka next to each other.

Edit: Oh crap.. done a lot of talking, almost forgot to place my chips on Wladiwostok in time. It's already prime time, afterall!

Edited by PrivateAli, 01 November 2014 - 08:48 AM.

Anzezaf #5 Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20905 battles
What a nice thread. WG will enjoy ignoring this

Henriques #6 Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 44938 battles
  • [-LYNX] -LYNX

View PostInfiltrat0r_, on 01 November 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

What a nice thread. WG will enjoy ignoring this

sad but true 

Hemiger #7 Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:47 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36432 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostPrivateAli, on 01 November 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

Furthermore .. where are the maps that resemble North America? (HIghway for example)

I took a look at the maps that are being played on the North American Server in the US-area. I've seen AT LEAST 3 provinces with Prokhorovka. Where in gods name is Prokhorovka in the US??? That's about the same as putting Kharkov on Brandenburg.

To be fair they do have alot more of the maps on  us server that feature their terrain. About as common as malinovka and the like are in russian area of our map. 

About the time zones I wouldnt limit it to just those 3 increase it to like an extra hour on both sides when the map is widened. Aleady for example most of the finnish clans for example are pretty much stuck in russia because the timezones

there being the only ones that dont take the battles to near midnight. (so widen time zone area for europe map while increasing map size but doesnt have to be realistic time zones.)

opps_I_missed #8 Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 62929 battles
  • [YBB] YBB
I would like to see random map generator in clanwars this would test the best and the worst players even more and improve F/C 

Thrombozyt #9 Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21373 battles

Would it help, if time zones were sliced finer? So that you would have zones of 18:00, 18:30, 19:00, 19:30, 20:00 and maybe even 20:30? Prime time would still be at the full hour, but the battles for the 18:00 zone would start at 19:00-19:15 (encounters as usual at 18:20-18:30) while the 18:30 time zones would also have prime time at 18:00, but encounters starting at 18:50-19:00 and battles starting at 19:30-19-45.

Also, it might be worthwhile, to tighten the schedule for the landing tournaments by shaving off 5 minutes off the prep time, so each round would last 5 minutes less and the battle vs. owner would take place around 23:00 for a 20:00 LZ. As an alternative, you advance the prime time of each LZ by one hour and start the battles 60-70 mintutes after the seeding as opposed to 30-35 minutes. Today a 20:00 LZ starts at 20:30-20:45 with its first battle. With the change, the 20:00 LZ would become a 19:00 LZ starting its first battle at 20:00-20:15 which means the battle vs owner would be at 23:00-23:15 the latest.

Combine both ideas and you have the battle vs owner down to 22:30-22:45 the latest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users