is 11 000 a correct number?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: is 11 000 a correct number? (297 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

is 11 000 reward tanks a good idea?

1. yes (perfect amount) (134 votes [45.12%])

Percentage of vote: 45.12%

2. no (too much) (59 votes [19.87%])

Percentage of vote: 19.87%

3. no (too few) (104 votes [35.02%])

Percentage of vote: 35.02%

Vote Hide poll

Azusa_right_in_the_pusah #1 Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23616 battles

After hearing there will be 11 000 reward tanks to give out i don't realy know what to think.

is it too much? (It should be more "elite") or are the places limited?

as for me : i think 11 000 is just fine, altho the global map could be a bit bigger regarding to the fact how some big clans could take over basicaly half of africa, thus giving smaller clans a slim chance of even getting on. I do understand the argument of : get better and join a better clan , and it is in theory gotaly correct (altho some people tend to stay in their friends group clan etc) whats  your opinion?

Edited by Matteom24, 14 November 2014 - 10:04 AM.

Monster95alpha19 #2 Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35389 battles
  • [TKEA] TKEA
no, too much....7000 would have been good...i can already bet that the top players in Fame Points after the first stage ends are 100% sure of taking the tank..

Azusa_right_in_the_pusah #3 Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23616 battles

View PostTitaniu, on 01 November 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

no, too much....7000 would have been good...i can already bet that the top players in Fame Points after the first stage ends are 100% sure of taking the tank..

Last campaign i played T6 and 8 only and skipped T10 because of exams and i still ended up in place 1400.

i am doing the same right now, so you are right yes. But regard it as a buffer zone maybe

Edited by Matteom24, 01 November 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Lokomotiv #4 Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30901 battles

Point, i think is to give every one that plays regular CW a gift tank. Not sure if it would be better for WG just to give it to players in top clans.

It's a prize to regularity not to elitism.

In my opinion, player in "lesser" clans that really put effort into the event should be rewarded. So yer 11k might be a fair number.

dopi0815 #5 Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 17099 battles
  • [42NR] 42NR

i disagree with you Lokomotiv,

Players from "Top-Clans" are the regular CW players. If there is no real reward, they won't even bother playing the campaign, since it's more stress than normal CW :)

i think the solution of the first campaign is still the best first 10 Clans get the tank, players need at least x battles played in campaign(just upp the required battles).

Being good / winning in this campaign is a TEAM effort, and not for some singled ppl that just died their way through more often than their teammates.

if

Siphaanu #6 Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36590 battles
Edit: nevermind.

Edited by Siphaanu, 03 November 2014 - 07:38 PM.

kuul222 #7 Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46350 battles

View Postdopi0815, on 03 November 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

Players from "Top-Clans" are the regular CW players. If there is no real reward, they won't even bother playing the campaign, since it's more stress than normal CW :)

i think the solution of the first campaign is still the best first 10 Clans get the tank, players need at least x battles played in campaign(just upp the required battles).

Being good / winning in this campaign is a TEAM effort, and not for some singled ppl that just died their way through more often than their teammates.

if

+1, it should be reward for the best not giving it out to everyone

NightRaidz #8 Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:27 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29298 battles

View Postdopi0815, on 03 November 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

if

then u would have situation where only 10-20 clans play campaign, and the rest of clans would still play normal cw map, maybe if top 10 clans would recieve this tank along with some special reward would be more fair to top clans, but only top 10 clans recieving reward would just make that most of weak (including mine) stay on normal map....

maksy_HR #9 Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 21792 battles
  • [S0K0L] S0K0L

View PostDJMrmi, on 07 November 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

then u would have situation where only 10-20 clans play campaign, and the rest of clans would still play normal cw map, maybe if top 10 clans would recieve this tank along with some special reward would be more fair to top clans, but only top 10 clans recieving reward would just make that most of weak (including mine) stay on normal map....

I agree... top clan already rule and collect gold from map.. if you give tanks only to top clans than only best clans can enjoy, improve and win from campaign...  smaller clans in this situation have more chance to win something, that is fair.. it would be great motivational boost for many clans..

CroPanzer #10 Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19772 battles
  • [CARAS] CARAS

I think it is just fine, any less, it would be cranky people everywhere, more would make your achievement devalued.

Also the camo reward seems nice, we'll see.

dopi0815 #11 Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 17099 battles
  • [42NR] 42NR

View Postmaksy_HR, on 07 November 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

I agree... top clan already rule and collect gold from map.. if you give tanks only to top clans than only best clans can enjoy, improve and win from campaign...  smaller clans in this situation have more chance to win something, that is fair.. it would be great motivational boost for many clans..

how is it fair, when a topclan is ruling the campaign-map, but due to a lot of very active members not all get the tank, while some random clan with 30 players can't get further than landingturnaments, but one guy playing every battle wins the tank?...

Isay f*ck "fair". It's about equality. if you are good, you need to be rewarded, and it can't be that top-clans have to try harder and harder to reward their players...

I've never seen someone at the olympic games receiving a goldmedal, because he participated in every event, even though he sucked in all of them...

Also we have seen enough "underdogs" during the last campaigns, nobody wold have counted on... So it's not only "topclans" getting things

And a lot of clans would still participate in the event i'm pretty sure bout it

Edited by dopi0815, 12 November 2014 - 01:34 PM.

Ulfhedinn_ #12 Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

WG need to get as many people involved in CW's as possible, reward tanks and rare swag camo are a good way of motivating as many people as possible. Personally, cuz I play this game for WW2, I'd have never bothered going beyond tier 8 if it wasn't that I needed tier 10's for best possible chance to get a VK72 in the future. But once I get them I may become good at them and then be a benefit to the regular CW's community, like lots of players would.

But even at 11k reward tanks, I can't see me standing much chance of winning one this time, not unless I switch clans and I haven't a clue who I should switch too. But one day I will be a sure thing to get one and I will get one. And that thought keeps me pushing on, keeps my activity high and my spend good, which is what WG needs.

Edited by Maxmk6, 12 November 2014 - 01:47 PM.

Gnomus #13 Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34484 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View Postdopi0815, on 12 November 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

how is it fair, when a topclan is ruling the campaign-map, but due to a lot of very active members not all get the tank, while some random clan with 30 players can't get further than landingturnaments, but one guy playing every battle wins the tank?...

Isay f*ck "fair". It's about equality. if you are good, you need to be rewarded, and it can't be that top-clans have to try harder and harder to reward their players...

I've never seen someone at the olympic games receiving a goldmedal, because he participated in every event, even though he sucked in all of them...

Also we have seen enough "underdogs" during the last campaigns, nobody wold have counted on... So it's not only "topclans" getting things

And a lot of clans would still participate in the event i'm pretty sure bout it

First campaign already showed how well good players were rewarded. If you had bad luck or were not part of wrong alliance you got nothing while every spare account or third rate clan could get their reward if part of good alliance. Not a way to go.

Fame point system rewards activity, and for clans of very high activity it is little problematic, it's still much better system than rewarding clans. With 11k tanks to go there is enough for every half active member of top clans, but it also means players from average clans have a shot for the reward if they are active enough. Good enough for me.

kariverson #14 Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37722 battles
  • [NOS] NOS
"too less" Stronk English. :P

Voted too many.

Azusa_right_in_the_pusah #15 Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23616 battles

View Postariverson, on 14 November 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

"too less" Stronk English. :P

Voted too many.

http://www.usingengl...le-less-and-few

i looked it up and you are right , i will correct it for you :)

Edited by Matteom24, 14 November 2014 - 10:03 AM.

SuperJimbo #16 Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7794 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO

I think it's a good amount, i only ever took part in the last tier 8 campaign, and it was a challenge, but it would be possible to make it if you put in the effort. I'm guessing more people will take part in the big campaign and 11k seems like a good amount.

Anyway, i'm confident WG knows what their doing in terms of eSports and CW. Wot has one of the best developed Clan aspect to games i've ever seen

Shaka_D #17 Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 37657 battles

View Postdopi0815, on 03 November 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

if

True in a sense but then we may as well reward the tanks to the same clans every time and skip the campaign altogether since it's a given who the top clans will be (more or less). This almost permanently excludes many other clans and players who commit time and money to the game but might not be 'as good' as the top clans. This doesn't make them any less important. I respect what WG are trying to do here from a fairness point of view and gives more clans incentive to play harder in the campaign.

What they could have done is have a two tier reward system perhaps with something special for the top clans, but I suppose they have that already in the way of gold, etc. I presume WG want a lot of players to participate in events like this otherwise I reckon many wouldn't even try. The top players will have to learn to be a little more humble and share their wealth. They would still have the honours of being the top clans would they not? Just my thoughts.

Edited by jinx_uk, 17 November 2014 - 11:07 AM.

dopi0815 #18 Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 17099 battles
  • [42NR] 42NR

totally right jinx.

Also i have to correct my statement. when i said "top10 like first campaign" ofc i meant "top30 like first campaign"

I would also be fine with having like a special tank for top30 clans and a special tank for top 20k players in FP for example.

Also with 30 clans receiving the reward, a lot of the arguments that were written do not apply anymore:

ofc topclans will get their tank, but if you look at the top30 of each campaign, you will see a good mixture and difference between all events in the lower parts of that list. this basically means, that improving and good community-work does pay off.

I see no point in how the switch to FP changed anything in regards to "alliances between good clans". In fact it is the rules of the events that stopped making alliances vital. Now you just have a situation where top-clans try to avoid each other and actually focus more on these "smaller" clans to get their battles in.

No big change for me, tbh?

Now you give out a special tank to the top30 clans, and another special tank for the top 20k players FP-wise. that would make everyone happy imho.

You all have to understand one thing aswell: You always talk how WG wants to get smaller clans into these competitions, and how also smaller clans need to have the right to get a reward and win this.

But has anyone ever thought about the fact hat this applys to the "top-clans" aswell?

If there is no real reward, what hinders the topclans to just not give a [edited]and farm the sh*t out of the normal map, not even attending the event. getting to the top30 takes a lot of time, preparation and dedication. Some topclans even had severe "damage" done to their playerbase, because players were burned out after a campaign.

Now what would that event be without half the topclans in? heaven for bad clans? i guess... but also pretty boring to talk about (no unica drama for you guys :P ), not sooo tempting to watch.

I've never seen anyone complain, that the guys in the ProLeague win real money. It seems clear to everybody, that this is an archivement you have to earn with dedication and skill, and that it is not for everybody...

I have not seen a single thread about "everyone who played proleague/ESL/national leagues should get some money". because it sound ridiculous... though everyone basically expects to geit their "special" tank spoonfed.

I have so far won these special tanks, but i wouldn't mind if i don't get one !due to me, lacking skill or dedication! in upcoming events.

I also want to realise you and WG one thing: we have 11k ppl that will be able to pick their special tank.

what do you think is gonna happen?

11k -3.2k who already got the tank. My personal opinion is, that we will have after this event, arount 10k M60 on this server. Now what will happen next then is this:

1: You will drive your new M60 in randoms.

2: You will realisse it's a worthless piece of scrap metal

3: You will like it, for it's a rare special tank

4: You will realise after some days, it not so special anymore, actually

The ONLY worth the M60 actually had was that it was rare. what will happen after this campaign is basically an inflation. If you choose wise, you will pick the VK for it is the most decent tank out of the three, or you pick the obj, since it will be the new rare one, because everyone will pick an M60

Edited by dopi0815, 23 November 2014 - 06:15 AM.

Tarantula_xD #19 Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 19323 battles
  • [MSGA] MSGA

Has anyone attemped at an early calc of when you can secure the tank under ideal conditions (a decent guess in the amount of points would be enough). I didnt even play yesterday and im still top 600 lol

I will pick M60 only because that allows me to put my crew on M46 (I love my M48, and it it better then M60 but i have wanted to go back to M46 for a long time now).

907 is just another generic russian medium tank. Armor looks troll, but troll armor does not compensate the fact that this tank requires heatspam to be decent.

If you have not had any special tanks, VK72 is by far the best tank. 2 seconds higher reload compared to E100, but VK72 is MUCH faster and the rear mounted turret design allows for nice sidescraping.

I dont really understand the drama "buhu my M60 will no longer be rare".

Edited by Tarantula, 23 November 2014 - 07:54 AM.

The007thDreeson #20 Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39214 battles
  • [METOO] METOO

View PostTarantula, on 23 November 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

Has anyone attemped at an early calc of when you can secure the tank under ideal conditions (a decent guess in the amount of points would be enough). I didnt even play yesterday and im still top 600 lol

I will pick M60 only because that allows me to put my crew on M46 (I love my M48, and it it better then M60 but i have wanted to go back to M46 for a long time now).

907 is just another generic russian medium tank. Armor looks troll, but troll armor does not compensate the fact that this tank requires heatspam to be decent.

If you have not had any special tanks, VK72 is by far the best tank. 2 seconds higher reload compared to E100, but VK72 is MUCH faster and the rear mounted turret design allows for nice sidescraping.

I dont really understand the drama "buhu my M60 will no longer be rare".

I made some calc...every day player on last place is moved by some 2000-2,500 fame potints...multiply that with 30 days and u get ~75 000 fame points,but to be 100% sure it would be good to get at least 85-90k..(at end of 2nd campaign u needed about 65-70k and there was 10k places for VK so it ll be similar in this campaign)...on 2nd day i made calculation that on end of 1st stage last player ll have around 20k fame points...and on 5th day player on 11 000 place had just little more than 10k...so i think my calculation is OK for now... :smile: atm i have 74k points so i think i ll just play 1 battle (1 win on map ofc)  every 2-3 days and i ll let my spot to other clan m8....

That tanks u won't use in CW (maybe few times but not that often),so for random battles between obj and m60, i think that m60 is better...

and about VK...i have it,it is nice tank,faster than e100,18sec rld...but every t10 can pen it in turret easily...(ofc if he knows where to aim)..

Still that tanks are not like tech tree t10...they need to be at least little worse,so my advice is that every player picks tank that he thinks he ll enjoy most...:blinky:

[EDIT] Most of players that i talked to ll pick obj...the main reason,i quote them..."because it is russian med tank"...so i think that m60 ll still be rarest...

Edited by bobox13, 23 November 2014 - 09:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users