• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

GoHard_ANIALLATOR #21 Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39880 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostBkc1965, on 03 November 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

You are comparing playing an arty to playing a tank.  They are different.  Try playing your tank like you would a GW E100.  You have played a lot in arty, so you know all of this as well. ​Alot being 1500 battles 2 years ago, the only recent one is the Bert and that's almost only in Tcs  You also know that map knowledge is required. I already explained above why its not  Just not the same knowledge as is required to play tank.  You also have to learn each arties shell travel characteristics. The further away it is, the longer it takes - similar numbers for the majority of arty in the game, excluding the obvious outliers They are not all the same, aiming at and hitting a moving, or even still, target in my Obj. 261 is not the same as aiming at and hitting a target in my Grille, or in my GW E100, or SU-8.....etc. You have played arty....you know this. 2 years ago arty took some skill, thats what I know, as it was used in competitive play and skill mattered alot You know that it is not the same as playing tanks but you are comparing them to tanks. Its in the same game as them, plays in the same battles as them, easily comparable  Again, they are different.  Do you play all tanks the same?  Or, do you use a different play style depending on which tank you are in?  Also, since you played a fair % of your arty battles in an FV304, you know that you will normally move more than 200 meters each game. This is one of the very few arty in the game that could be argued to require a micro amount of skill, its an outlier to the normal stat-base  Some tanks move less than some arties...but you know this as you have played both the FV304 as well as long range shooting tds.

I do not judge my own performance or playing style against tank drivers performance or playing styles.  I judge myself against the other arties.  I do this in each battle where my goal is to help my team more than the other arties.  I also use the Marks of excellence as well as mastery badges to jucge my performance.

In all of my battles, I can safely say that I have seen more tanks destroyed by one shot from another tank than I have seen destroyed by one shot from artillery. do you see only FV 183 battles? Arty shoots for 80% or more of a tanks HP is most cases if it pens. Very few tanks can do that over a hill 800 meters away

Now, you stated that td's and heavies are not spotted because they are sitting in the bush/hiding behind a building 400 yards back.  If they are not spotted and they are doing damage to the enemy tanks, how is that different from what you do not like about arty? If they are sitting in a bush they can be avoided, they cannot shoot corner to corner on the map over cover And, if they are not doing damage to enemy tanks while they are hiding in the bush, aren't you happy that the arty sitting at the back of the map is damaging the enemy tanks?  Never saw an arty i liked to see at top damage. I would rather take my chances doing the damage myself Sounds like you should be raging against the heavies and tds that are not out in the open taking some of the arty shots that the aggressive, brave mediums and lights are taking.

There are people with low skills/no skills in this game that get lucky and destroy another tank every day.  Some skilled tank drivers, including you, have gotten lucky and got the frag at times.  You have also gotten lucky, due to no skill on your part, and avoided getting destroyed. It has gotten to the stage that I only drive fast tanks as of lately JUST so i can avoid arty more effectively. but I still get hit just because the arty got lucky and wants his unicum kill so bad he is willing to spend 5 minutes rolling a dice till it hits I see it every day when a tank sits in the same spot for 30+ seconds while I reload and fire only to move 15 meters two seconds before my 2,000 credit cost shell arrives and destroys a big patch of nothing exactly where I was aiming.  If RNG made the tank move randomly like that, then I stand corrected as I thought the other players were in control of the tanks.

In the battles that arty was a big factor in your team's win, would you happily remove arty and give up the win to the other team? Its a rare occurrence arty "carries" a game and I gladly sacrifice that 0.1% of games they won for me. I would take the bullet and go for a 0% winrate if it got rid of arty. At least I could have a chance to shoot the guy who damaged me then. Kind of hard to shoot 700 meters across the map in the bush behind cover.

Darth_Clicker #22 Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:14 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58466 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostANIALLATOR114, on 03 November 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

As you responded directly inside my quote, it is difficult for me to address your responses one by one, I will not copy and paste everything you stated.

You explained how an arty does not need the same map knowledge as a tank.  Saying that an arty player is not as skilled as a tank player is the same as saying that a German speaking person is not as smart as a Japanese speaking person.  Arty map knowledge is different from tank map knowledge.  Occasionally I will play a tank on the Common test server and I am completely lost on the maps.  Things look totally different on the ground than from my arty.  It helps me to be a better arty player to learn both.  They are not the same.

Making statements such as the FV304 "is one of the very few arty in the game that could be argued to require a micro amount of skill" shows that you believe that arty does not require skill in general.  If this were so, you would have never been destroyed in your arties and you would have earned Ace Mastery Badges in all of your arties.  But you didn't.  You make yourself look bad by making such ridiculous and general statements.

You said "do you see only FV 183 battles? Arty shoots for 80% or more of a tanks HP is most cases if it pens. Very few tanks can do that over a hill 800 meters away".  No, I do not see only FV 183 battles.  I have seen many other tanks destroy another tank with one shot that were not FV 183s.  Saying that Arty shoots for 80% of a tanks HP in most cases if it pens is another ridiculous and general statement.  I want to see your replay of a BC 155 58 hitting a Maus for 2400 damage.  Or any other arty doing that.  I will say that you can not find one.  I don't think I have ever seen that.  I dont think I  have never penned a Maus for anything close to 2400 damage in my GW E100 and surely not in my Obj 261 or BC 155 58.  And by saying that very few tanks can hit pen another tank for 80% over a hill 800 meters away means that you believe that some tanks can do that.  Well, then it is balanced, tanks can do it as well as arties.  What is the problem?  Is it ok for a tank to do it but not an arty?

If they are sitting in a bush they can be avoided, they cannot shoot corner to corner on the map over cover .....what does sitting in a bush have to do with avoiding anything?

Never saw an arty i liked to see at top damage. I would rather take my chances doing the damage myself.....So it is just that you are jealous and do not like an arty being successful even if their success is part of your (your team's) success.  Now we are getting to the root of your problem

And finally, how many arties have you destroyed in your fast tank because you could move, rotate etc faster than the arty could?  Did the arty have a chance against your fast tank?  Was that fair?  Kind of hard to rotate a GW E100 fast enough to hit 95% of the tanks in the game.  Is that fair?

olukej #23 Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 100 battles

Arty doesn't require much skill because any bit of skill you have is negated by the RNG, and actually lacking skill is also compensated by the RNG.

The only skill that will be useful, is some map knowledge and to some degree situational awareness. But there is a very definite hardcap to how much these skills will help you perform in arty, and likewise, completely lacking in these regards won't be that much of a problem, as you aren't immediatly punished for it like you would be in any other tank class: you're bloody camping in a bush in the back way outside spotting range, and often even drawing range, of any ennemy.

Basically being a green bob will give you almost as good results as being a unicum, and being a tomato will give you almost as good results as being a green bob. Arty is designed to help baddies get the feeling that they, too, can kill unicums, when their shots rely so much on RNG that they actually have a chance of hitting an enemy target when they're aiming at a friendly to look at the shiny gun marks and then shoot by mistake. 

Edited by olukej, 03 November 2014 - 09:33 AM.

Fibonachi #24 Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28531 battles
  • [FREEP] FREEP

How are artillery "hard to play"? They have tons of bonuses that other classes don't (huge alpha/pen on a HE shell, huge splash, unrestricted view range, usually great mobility and camo etc.). They are by far the easiest to play for one obvious reason - you shoot the enemy on the other side of the map and the enemy just stands there and takes it, like a *******. I hope you don't break a nail, clicking that left mouse button.

You could argue that "carrying a game" with arty is very hard and I'll agree with that, but saying "playing arty is hard"... whatever makes you feel like a pro, while sitting in your base, one-shotting top tier tanks (or only taking 60-70% and half their modules, which you treat as a minor thing).

Schmeksiman #25 Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16667 battles
  • [INC] INC

View PostWolfOfCampscapel, on 03 November 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

You did what your tank is good at, he did what his is good at, you died. I fail to see the problem and fairness issue. He obviously wasn't a complete idiot, since he prioritized the tank doing well but forgetting about arty - you. He obviously wasn't in a completely bad position, since he could hit you. This is your lesson fellow arty players - keep shooting the red ones doing well, it helps. Especially if they are holding back multiple tanks of your team on their own.

Chatrage is just a bonus :p

And btw, it's still completely possible to hit a speeding batchat with arty. That's still a fine prediction skill and luck combo.

Oh well, go play your arty but then again don't rage when you get killed by a "red player" like me. Sit in the corner, click your mouse and eat a sandwich because eating that sandwich is the most skill you're going to need in those 15 minutes.

But don't expect recognition for that, you did nothing worth mentioning or showing how big your e-peen is, especially on this forum.

Darth_Clicker #26 Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58466 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostFibonachi, on 03 November 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

How are artillery "hard to play"? They have tons of bonuses that other classes don't (huge alpha/pen on a HE shell, huge splash, unrestricted view range, usually great mobility and camo etc.). They are by far the easiest to play for one obvious reason - you shoot the enemy on the other side of the map and the enemy just stands there and takes it, like a *******. I hope you don't break a nail, clicking that left mouse button.

You could argue that "carrying a game" with arty is very hard and I'll agree with that, but saying "playing arty is hard"... whatever makes you feel like a pro, while sitting in your base, one-shotting top tier tanks (or only taking 60-70% and half their modules, which you treat as a minor thing).

And tanks are compensated for your so-called "tons of bonuses" by getting a boost in credits as well as in xp over arties.    And, what artillery has great mobility and camo as well as unrestricted view range when compared to a tank of the same tier?  But, you are correct, when I shoot an enemy from across the map, it is because you (the enemy) are just standing in one spot taking it like a *******.....whatever a ******* is.  I am about to make a statement that has equal truth to the statement that arty is not hard to play and does not take any skill:  Here is my statement.  Light tanks are not hard to play and you do not need any skill.  After all, this arty player (me) has a 100% win rate in a light tank...therefore, I can say it is easy and requires almost no skill.

lord_chipmonk #27 Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35729 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Dear OP, you get a +1 from me for a variety of reasons, not least the size of your balls for posting this. Well done! Regardless of people's opinions on the SPG class, I think advice like this should always be welcomed. 

Darth_Clicker #28 Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58466 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSchmeksiman, on 03 November 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Oh well, go play your arty but then again don't rage when you get killed by a "red player" like me. Sit in the corner, click your mouse and eat a sandwich because eating that sandwich is the most skill you're going to need in those 15 minutes.

But don't expect recognition for that, you did nothing worth mentioning or showing how big your e-peen is, especially on this forum.

Oh well, go play your tank but then again don't rage when you get killed by a "red player arty" like me. Sit behind your bush or rock, click your mouse and don't try to eat a sandwich because eating that sandwich will require using your brain for more than one thing in those 15 minutes.

GrumblingGrenade #29 Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostANIALLATOR114, on 02 November 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

How on earth is artillery hard to play? You have no fear of anybody shooting you as you sit too far back to even be seen, so angling is not required, you also only need to remember a few general areas on each map so map knowledge is not required either. Neither is dynamic map movement as you will rarely even have to move further than 200 meters each game. You cannot say to aim for weakspots as you are firing HE shells which will do damage almost anywhere. You will NOT do more damage to side armor due to tracks and other spaced armor so the OP is incorrect there. Your chance to hit is determined almost only by RNG as your accuracy is too poor for skills to apply to the aiming like it would for an accurate medium tank like the Leo1.

Yes, have fun ruining other peoples game by hitting them for more than half of their HP or for full HP just because "I CHOOSE YOU" and you happen to get lucky by hitting them. (Talking about mediums and LTs here as 80% of the time they are the one spotted most because they are not sitting in the bush 400 meters back)

Most of the time the "dangerous" tanks like TDs and heavies cannot be hit by arty. They are in cover behind buildings or unspotted in their bush at the back. BUT the medium or LT player who is playing aggressively and attacking and making opportunities for some fun, fast and dynamic game play get clicked because he is the only one spotted.

People are not raging about nothing here. I have gotten alot more abuse than most just because of my stats, but the arty abuse is due to the fact that a player with no skills in this game can just get lucky and kill anything he wants. This is not present in any other class.

If you are about the negrep this then please post saying where I was wrong, rather than just negrepping because you do not agree.

Nope, I'm gonna give you a +1. It's good to see other opinions and viewpoints in forum topics, especially very relevant and truthful ones like yours. This is a thread about learning and teaching newer players how to play artillery, so as much on-topic content as possible is appreciated; I greatly appreciate your input and viewpoint!

I find that artillery are hard to play, due to the inaccuracy and the choosing of targets, as well as your shells being blocked by obstacles and distractions from either the enemy or the team. Aiming for weakspots, if you can, is crucial in an arty. I've seen replays of FV304s attacking Lowes, and in one, this FV304 keeps offloading shells onto the Lowes' side, keeping it tracked though doing only about 150 damage per shot. The FV304 then hits the engine decking and takes out about 310 of the Lowe's hitpoints, so although the RNG can have a part to play, with HE shells it's really where you hit; they'll do a lot more damage when coming up against thinner armour than when firing at thicker, heavier armour, (as I've found in tanks such as the KV-2).

Your point about hitting light tanks is very true. Artillery will often gravitate towards the spotted targets, or the easier ones to take out, simply because of the easier kills. Prioritising targets can be extremely difficult, especially in an arty, as there is constant question as to who to shoot and where, do I shoot the guy staying still or the guy pressing an attack? Do I shoot the concealed TD who is sniping or the front line heavies attacking our base/our offensive?

Artillery are also dependant on the team, for things such as spotting, defence, and protection. If one half of the team goes one way and is torn apart, though the other goes another way and obliterates everything in their path, the arty, especially if it is slow and has poor manoeuvrability, is doomed unless it can hide or catch up with the other half of the team, both of which are unlikely. 

You'll find that if you're patient enough, concealed tanks will eventually decide to move and relocate, in which a fully zoomed-in arty can shoot and critically damage the target. You'll also come across this problem of shooting for damage for shooting to help the team and other artillery. While shooting for damage can be beneficial for the team, it can be harder for other artillery to shoot the target if it is still moving. If you hit for criticals, this is probably a bigger help to the team because you can track them, kill crew members and knock out modules. This comes partly down to luck, though when it comes to tracking a target the only really obvious place to shoot is the tracks. By tracking a target, you'll help the team more, (arguably), as if it's a high priority target other artillery can shoot the immobilised target with a greater chance of a hit, and the team can begin to circle and hound the target down.

I find that there is no "definitive" way of playing artillery, as with any other vehicle in the game, and I appreciate your input greatly! Conflict of ideas, (when it's on topic) is always welcome in this thread, and these are my methods and ideas of playing artillery, and I greatly appreciate your input!

:smile:

GrumblingGrenade #30 Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFibonachi, on 03 November 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

You'll find that artillery have much less pen than other tanks, as well as splash. Splash damage is determined by shell size, so it's obvious that some artillery are going to deal more splash damage than tanks. I have had numerous games in heavily armoured vehicles, even ones in poorly armoured vehicles, such as the JPanther, where artillery that are only a tier below have shot and the shell has only done about 50 damage. Artillery do not have good penetration values, and you only get oneshotted if your armour is poor enough for the shell to go through it or if the calibre of the gun is big. Oneshotting in an artillery is rare, unless you are one or two tiers down from the best arty in the game, and arties are inaccurate and actually have a harder time than most players would like to accept. Another thing; clicking the mouse button. On average, the quickest artillery loads in 10 seconds, with penetration and damage forfeited, the big "boomy" guns taking just under a minute to reload. It is not possible to spam shells in an artillery, as they'll often miss and even if they hit, you've got a painful 30-40-50 second reload to endure.

I appreciate your input though, as I said it's good to see contrasting opinions in playing styles, and let readers decide upon which they think will work, as well as just overall opinions of certain types of vehicles in WoT!

GrumblingGrenade #31 Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 03 November 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

Dear OP, you get a +1 from me for a variety of reasons, not least the size of your balls for posting this. Well done! Regardless of people's opinions on the SPG class, I think advice like this should always be welcomed. 

Thank you so much! I don't really care about rage comments from people and other players; if that's their opinion and they'd like to express it through raging and cheap insults, let them do it! I really appreciate this comment, thank you, and I'm really grateful that you think advice like this should be welcomed, thanks!

What does OP mean? I know in game terms it is an abbreviation for Over Powered, though "Dear OP" has been popping up on this topic, and I'd just like to know what it means!

Arty_Loves_You #32 Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33869 battles

Organic Potato

No..... Original Poster....

:)

GrumblingGrenade #33 Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postolukej, on 03 November 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

Arty doesn't require much skill because any bit of skill you have is negated by the RNG, and actually lacking skill is also compensated by the RNG.

The only skill that will be useful, is some map knowledge and to some degree situational awareness. But there is a very definite hardcap to how much these skills will help you perform in arty, and likewise, completely lacking in these regards won't be that much of a problem, as you aren't immediatly punished for it like you would be in any other tank class: you're bloody camping in a bush in the back way outside spotting range, and often even drawing range, of any ennemy.

Basically being a green bob will give you almost as good results as being a unicum, and being a tomato will give you almost as good results as being a green bob. Arty is designed to help baddies get the feeling that they, too, can kill unicums, when their shots rely so much on RNG that they actually have a chance of hitting an enemy target when they're aiming at a friendly to look at the shiny gun marks and then shoot by mistake. 

I agree with some of the comments made in this post.

I agree with you when you say that artillery rely on the RNG and how it can hide inexperience and dampen the appearance of one's skill. Artillery are hard to play, as, being a support role, it can be difficult for a number of reasons. Firstly, accuracy; most artillery are very inaccurate and will often have to hope that the splash damage will be enough to even scratch the target, let alone damage it. Another difficulty is tactical positioning. If only playing arties was as simple as sitting in a bush for the duration of the game and camp. There's a lot more to it than this "myth". Tactical positioning in an arty is crucial; what angle to position your hull at so you cover as bigger sector of the map as possible without exceeding your firing arc; is there any foliage nearby to conceal my position; is there a ridge nearby or some cover to hide from enemy fire, likewise, is there a contingent escape route or rock to hide behind in the case of an emergency.

Also, many artillery cannot hide at the back of the map and shoot. With artillery such as the Bishop or the FV304, or even the M37 or Lloyd GC, the firing range is poor so that you have to move closer to the enemy to fire for effect. This increases the difficulty of playing artillery even further, as you must tactically position yourself so that you're covered by at least one team mate, (a group is preferred), that you can effectively deal damage to the enemy team and that you are out of sight or at least hidden from enemy guns.

There is a lot more to arty playing than most players think, though I appreciate your input and your comments, all opinions should be respected, regardless of other's reaction to them.

GrumblingGrenade #34 Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

(Sorry for posting so many consecutive comments, though I like to organise them according to content and subject!)

Despite me saying that artillery are hard to play, that doesn't mean that I'm all "pro arty". Nor does it mean that artillery don't come under the same umbrella for over powered vehicles. Some artillery are, in my opinion, overpowered. Artillery that I find overpowered are the M37, (I have had a fair number of battles in this arty, and I found through player experience that it is OP), the Grille, the AMX 13 F3, the G.W. Panther, Hummel, amongst others. I don't know whether this is down to major, and I mean MAJOR, player skill, though I've had games where all of the artillery listed in this post have performed exceedingly well compared to other artillery and even other tanks in the game. 

GoHard_ANIALLATOR #35 Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39880 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostBkc1965, on 03 November 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

You explained how an arty does not need the same map knowledge as a tank.  Saying that an arty player is not as skilled as a tank player is the same as saying that a German speaking person is not as smart as a Japanese speaking person.  Arty map knowledge is different from tank map knowledge.  Occasionally I will play a tank on the Common test server and I am completely lost on the maps.  Things look totally different on the ground than from my arty.  It helps me to be a better arty player to learn both.  They are not the same. My point there was that arty takes far less map knowledge and rarely changes as many arty will perform the same from the same positions. This, I believe is just a static and unskilled class not requiring nearly as much effort to perform well in. Then, your damage for each game is VERY heavily influenced by RNG, far more so than in any other class. A well proportioned amount of RNG I support. 25% for tanks I think is a good idea/balance to keep skill the largest factor in good play. While in arty theis RNG has a much bigger impact and therefore removes a large portion of the skill required. 

Making statements such as the FV304 "is one of the very few arty in the game that could be argued to require a micro amount of skill" shows that you believe that arty does not require skill in general.  If this were so, you would have never been destroyed in your arties and you would have earned Ace Mastery Badges in all of your arties.  But you didn't.  You make yourself look bad by making such ridiculous and general statements.  The fact that it requires no skill and being invincible are not the same thing, also I have mastery badges in my top 5 most played arty, which I will reiterate was a very long time ago since I played them. Its harder to get aces in arty seeing as most of the class is luck and I can't actually use any of my skill to farm amazing games like i can in every other class. The only of of the arty I still own is the FV304 and the Crusader SP (bought only for inside joke reasons) both of which I don't ever play.

You said "do you see only FV 183 battles? Arty shoots for 80% or more of a tanks HP is most cases if it pens. Very few tanks can do that over a hill 800 meters away".  No, I do not see only FV 183 battles.  I have seen many other tanks destroy another tank with one shot that were not FV 183s.  Saying that Arty shoots for 80% of a tanks HP in most cases if it pens is another ridiculous and general statement.  I want to see your replay of a BC 155 58 hitting a Maus for 2400 damage.  Or any other arty doing that.  I will say that you can not find one.  I don't think I have ever seen that.  I dont think I  have never penned a Maus for anything close to 2400 damage in my GW E100 and surely not in my Obj 261 or BC 155 58. You picked the tank with the most armor and HP in the entire game. https://www.youtube....bj8o9zzA Theres a video of a maus one shot by arty btw ;) The majority of tanks hit by arty (in high tiers) will have around 2000 HP. The GW and T92 and GCG will all regularly hit for around 1800-2200 damage with HE if they pen and the batchat will hit for 1200 if it pens too which is most of a tanks HP  And by saying that very few tanks can hit pen another tank for 80% over a hill 800 meters away means that you believe that some tanks can do that.  Well, then it is balanced, tanks can do it as well as arties.  What is the problem?  Is it ok for a tank to do it but not an arty? A figure of speech only (The KV-2 can do such things though)

If they are sitting in a bush they can be avoided, they cannot shoot corner to corner on the map over cover .....what does sitting in a bush have to do with avoiding anything? Its called map knowledge, something arty does not need. I happen to know where all the bushes are on all the maps and know where people will likely be sitting if they have not been spotted aswell as their angles of attack and lines of fire. A little more complicated than sitting in X position so you can shoot the west side of the map

Never saw an arty i liked to see at top damage. I would rather take my chances doing the damage myself.....So it is just that you are jealous and do not like an arty being successful even if their success is part of your (your team's) success.  Now we are getting to the root of your problem They didn't earn it. Sitting at the back and clicking away does not deserve praise. Tactical play and dynamic map rotation is what wins games while deserving praise, because that player is using more than 1 hand.

And finally, how many arties have you destroyed in your fast tank because you could move, rotate etc faster than the arty could?  Did the arty have a chance against your fast tank?  Was that fair?  Kind of hard to rotate a GW E100 fast enough to hit 95% of the tanks in the game.  Is that fair? He sacrificed mobility and HP to have a 2K alpha gun and be able to shoot  over things. I sacrificed HP and a powerful gun to gain mobility and camo. I call it fair that i can kill him in close range.

Darth_Clicker #36 Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58466 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostANIALLATOR114, on 03 November 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

I read all of your comments.  You are full of yourself.  And you are full of something that rhymes with hit.  You do not make any logical points.  You make statements that are generalized and generally not true.  Saying that a GW, a T92 and a CGC (you said GCG which I have no idea what that is...) all regularly hit for 1800-2200 if they pen.  This is a load of manure.  Sometimes...yes....regularly....no.  I have 1529 battles in the GW E100 and it may be that once every 100 battles do I get 1800+ damage on a single shot.

The video you gave a link to was from two years and 6 months ago.  It was version 7.3!!!  The Maus did not have 3000 hit points back then.  As far as I can tell, it had 2800.  I do not even know how you can compare the T-92 in version 7.3 to the current version.  Do you believe that your video is relevant to the current situation?

I call it completely fair that I can sit in the corner of a map and shoot you with my arty and you can not fight back.  Fair is fair.

Get a grip.

GoHard_ANIALLATOR #37 Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39880 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostBkc1965, on 03 November 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

I read all of your comments.  You are full of yourself.  And you are full of something that rhymes with hit.  You do not make any logical points.  You make statements that are generalized and generally not true.  Saying that a GW, a T92 and a CGC (you said GCG which I have no idea what that is...) all regularly hit for 1800-2200 if they pen.  This is a load of manure.  Sometimes...yes....regularly....no.  I have 1529 battles in the GW E100 and it may be that once every 100 battles do I get 1800+ damage on a single shot.

The video you gave a link to was from two years and 6 months ago.  It was version 7.3!!!  The Maus did not have 3000 hit points back then.  As far as I can tell, it had 2800.  I do not even know how you can compare the T-92 in version 7.3 to the current version.  Do you believe that your video is relevant to the current situation?

I call it completely fair that I can sit in the corner of a map and shoot you with my arty and you can not fight back.  Fair is fair.

Get a grip.

The CGC is the Conqueror Gun Carriage Tier 10 british arty. If you play any lightly armored tanks such as a batchat a STB-1 or any tank that has weak rear armor/engine deck and hits will likely cause full damage. You asked for a replay of an arty hitting a maus for 2400 damage. I showed you one. the maus armor scheme for the side has not changed since then, nor has the T92 AP shell so the video is still 100% relevent as if it hit a maus today in the side it would have a good chance to pen an due to the large caliber, a good chance for an ammo rack.

How is that fair in anyway? Before telling someone to get a grip, it helps to be correct.

Edit: http://gyazo.com/b81...334845775b8ee2a A recent example of stronk arty seeing as you did ask....

Edited by ANIALLATOR114, 03 November 2014 - 10:07 PM.

Arty_Loves_You #38 Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33869 battles

View PostANIALLATOR114, on 03 November 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

How is that fair in anyway? Before telling someone to get a grip, it helps to be correct.

It's not fair, is it. 

But it's in the game so either play on or find another. 

And, a very important FYI - All arty players have a very firm grip, but not on the mouse. :girl:

Gnomus #39 Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34526 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View PostANIALLATOR114, on 03 November 2014 - 08:05 PM, said:

And finally, how many arties have you destroyed in your fast tank because you could move, rotate etc faster than the arty could?  Did the arty have a chance against your fast tank?  Was that fair?  Kind of hard to rotate a GW E100 fast enough to hit 95% of the tanks in the game.  Is that fair? He sacrificed mobility and HP to have a 2K alpha gun and be able to shoot  over things. I sacrificed HP and a powerful gun to gain mobility and camo. I call it fair that i can kill him in close range.

Yes it is fair that you kill easily that arty, just as you said. He sacrificed mobility and hp to have 2K alpha gun and be able to shoot over things. But you are the one who is complaining about his ability to have 2K alpha gun and shooting over things.

It's fair that you kill him easily when in close combat. It's fair he has his change, as much as low RoF, bad accuracy, long aim time, long flight time, bad HE shell penetration and need for others to spot for him allows, to do damage over things and get that occasional 2K hit instead of 300-500hp direct hits. After all that is what he sacrificed his other abilities for.

Different classes are different, they work differently and they need different skills to do well. Your light tanks can do things arty can only dream off, and arty can do things your light tank is incapable of doing unless it's T49 Light Arty.

cellaman7 #40 Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34665 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

With 34% of my games in arty (Mainly Bishop & FV304) I suppose I better give my take on your points.

Prioritise - Of course, but contrary to popular beliefs I don't spend my entire game chasing around a purple player who stays out of my aiming range. I always go for what i think is the easiest kill just to take a gun out of the game and it also gives the team that psychological edge that your team goes an extra +1

Location - Pretty difficult with your regular arty as there are very few places you can get to and it usualy ends up with you being in the nearest bush to the base. Also most are so big and cumbersome that it's not worth even trying to move. Bert and Bishop are different. Location is key for Bishop but Re-Location is key for Bert.

Weak Spots - With regular Arty it's a RNG dice roll if you even get close. Again, Bert & Bishop do actually allow you to aim at tops of turrets and engine decks. I'm happy if my GW Tiger gets close to a tank let alone trying to hit a cupola, hence why I stopped playing it.

Using Brain - Again, Bert and Bishop allow you to pick off enemies that are face hugging an allied tank. Very rare have I hit a team mate. I wouldn't dream of doing that in a A1 hugging arty.

Abuse - Love it when I get it. It means I'm playing my role well.

Good post though. Only thing I've learnt lately and it uses XVM is the 'V' lines on the mini map. It gives me an idea when i'm traversing too much and my aim will Bloom.

Pre-aiming at known action points is a must. As my point earlier, red or purple, a gun out of the game is a good thing. It's about going for the EASIEST targets.

Counter arty is very rare so unless you get an explosion next to you I wouldn't waste my time rocking back and forth. Aiming takes long enough as it is.

Get 6th sense as first commander skill always. Be aware, watch the map, see which flank needs support and if that 6th sense goes off then get straight into TD mode, put your head between your legs and get ready to kiss your @ss goodbye. Unless you get lucky and cause more rage. ;)

Also tagged with Arty, SPG, Artillery, Tanks, Arties, SPGs, Self-Propelled Guns, Campers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users