T-46 VS KV-1?

who is gone win?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

pieter1908 #1 Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1666 battles

Sow i haf the T-46(tier 3) but i nied to battel agenst KV-1(tier 5)

I am one schot kill!

Manie_de #2 Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 31301 battles

Hmmm, is it really YOU against 15 KV-1 ?

No - so try to avoid the big guys in this battles and go for your counterparts of the same tier.

Ok - you have to hope that your own tier 5 team mates can handle the enemy, but you even can do some good if you (for example) distract the KV-1 in a stalemate situation with one of your own heavies, so your teammates can engage the enemy.

Or you can try to cap, hunt down arty or generally irritate the enemy.

Martin

EDIT: for a better understanding of what I mean with "distract" here is a typical battlefield situation:

An enemy KV-1 is on one side of a house and a friendly T1 Heavy is on the other side. Both are reluctant to go around the corner, because they know that they will get shot.

Now you can try to go around the other side of the house or just feint to go around. If the KV-1 don't pay attention to you you are maybe able to shoot him in some weak spots.

If he turns around to engage you (turning his turret) you can go back in cover (as a T-46 you are faster than the KV-1), but now the T1 Heavy has time to pop out of cover and put a shot in the KV-1 who isn't facing him anymore.

Do this a few times and YOU and the T1 Heavy have killed the KV-1 in the end.

For this scenario it doesn't matter if you are a tier 3 or tier 1 tank - what matters is, that you can help your big guys winning the battle

Edited by Manie_de, 04 November 2014 - 08:33 AM.

lemthepimpmeard #3 Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27450 battles

View Postpieter1908, on 04 November 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

Sow i haf the T-46(tier 3) but i nied to battel agenst KV-1(tier 5)

I am one schot kill!

The 3-5 and 4-6 tiers MM is pretty brutal, only strong (read OP) tanks can take on heavies 2 tiers above and win and for those tiers like you say, you're a one-shot for the higher tiers.

So avoid them, shoot the other low tier tanks, when a lone tier 5 is busy shooting someone else, shoot it in the sides/rear where the armour is thinner. If you can't penetrate its armour, aim for the front or rear sprocket on the track and try to detrack it.

Like Manie_de said, team up with another tank (but don't get in its way) and help them. It's a job I do in tier 7 games with my T-34, pecking away at bigger tanks from a distance while the Tiger deals the big shots - and takes them but he has 1500 HP to my 450 and armour.

In his example, when the KV pokes out to shoot the T1, nip behind it, shoot it in the back, square in the middle of his rear is good, the engine is there, and hide again. Blow his tracks off so he can't retreat, you won't be top damage dealer but you can be a useful teammate.

Later in the game go find their arty and kill it, nice little bonus for you in credits and experience.

Spot enemy tanks for your team, this does not mean suicide-rushing to their spawn but find a bush somewhere you can see the enemy but they can't see you and park up *without firing* as firing your gun gives away where you are.

From what I remember of it, the T-46 is not a great tank but the grind is fast for low tiers.

jeffrey_mk2 #4 Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14585 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG

You can kill a kv1 with the t46 , just aim for the lower plate or shoot in his side or back.
Just like the example given ,thats how you must play this little tank.
Actually I had some good games in it, the gun on it is quite good, I always have like 10 high pen bullets with me when I'm getting in a situation that I have to face a kv1 or something similar. Then I just put some expensive holes in it.
I don't care if I maybe lost credits because of that, as long as I killed the enemy and I'm still alive so I can stay support my team.
Just watch really good when a enemy shot his round and needs to reload, thats the moment to pop out and shoot back.
Don't forget to go as fast as possible back to cover after 1 or 2 shots.

I've got 60.2% winrate with it in 98 games , not bad at all.

Edited by jeffrey_mk2, 18 November 2014 - 10:48 AM.

Abusemtex #5 Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28614 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-

Basically a tier 3 tank should never fight tier 5. The +1 MM rule should work for all tier 1 to 3 tanks.

Tier 4 can handle tier 6.

DeVriendelijke #6 Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9599 battles

use the 45mm gun and carry a few premium rounds just in case you dont have a chance to avoid them anymore.

-or )

use the 76mm gun and fire only HE against them, that way you might do a little bit of damage. (and you could track them alot easier)

i know i respond like 9 months later but if you still play the t-46 regulary and you still got the same problem it might help you out ;)

good luck!

jeffrey_mk2 #7 Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14585 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG
Hele forum zit vol met nederlanders aaaaaaah!

Eila_Juutilainen #8 Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21476 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View Postjeffrey_mk2, on 05 June 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Hele forum zit vol met nederlanders aaaaaaah!

Helemaal niet :hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users