• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

StressfulPanda #41 Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 35474 battles
  • [PURRI] PURRI

View PostThaTrip, on 05 July 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:

I know TD's need to be staying still. To be the most effective. I drive my JT. I park it somewhere and snipe :)
Thanks for the + vote. I actually don't care if someone -rep or +rep me. I find it kinda funny actually.

But thanks for your support anyways. Because like you said. Saying the T95 is slow is a fact. Saying someone has no skills is just chilidsh I would say. But well. This rude T95 driver actually pwned himself in that battle. Saying to someone having no skill. Yet he dies first (by making a really stupid mistake in the beginning of the match)
It indeed seems to be ultra slow but it can be good if played right like any tank really, im not really sure if i should get it or not, just seems too slow when used to drive Obj and even JT, but again all of them has pros and cons, atleast its unique td, not like the upcoming E100 stug which seems just JT ver 2.0

Anyway, why youre always saying you dont care about if someone -rep you, you wouldnt keep telling it if you really wouldnt care imo.. anyway, +rep for fellow JT and td lover!  :Smile_great:

FatigueGalaxy #42 Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25751 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
I met this beast just few times and all I can say is people don't know how to play againts it. They rush from front or trying to hide and simply just get killed by that monster. Everytime I met T95 he was with some medium friends who follow him because he is like shield for them... And if T95 has somebody to who can cover him, he can destroy everything on his way. My suggestion is, when you'll meet him with cover - get back and choose another way. You'll probably be able to capture base before he even get to your base or get back to his... Other tactic is to pick another way and flank him destroying his cover from distance. Arty should finish T95 before you'll deal with his friends.
But getting in 'face to face' battle is just a suicide. I don't know how about T10 battle because max tier for me is T9.

T95 is good for blocking one way and pushing. Give him two or three other tanks to support and he will surely block one way for a long time while other team members can push another way with more tanks (or even pick third way). People don't like running away from battle so if they'll meet T95 they'll try to kill it, even if their chances are low... But good team shouldn't have more problems with it more than with any other T9 tank since T95 is easy to flank by mediums and even easier to kill by arty.

IMO power of this tank and his usefulness depends on team more than every other tank.

ThaTrip #43 Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3523 battles

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 05 July 2011 - 01:06 PM, said:

I met this beast just few times and all I can say is people don't know how to play againts it. They rush from front or trying to hide and simply just get killed by that monster. Everytime I met T95 he was with some medium friends who follow him because he is like shield for them... And if T95 has somebody to who can cover him, he can destroy everything on his way. My suggestion is, when you'll meet him with cover - get back and choose another way. You'll probably be able to capture base before he even get to your base or get back to his... Other tactic is to pick another way and flank him destroying his cover from distance. Arty should finish T95 before you'll deal with his friends.
But getting in 'face to face' battle is just a suicide. I don't know how about T10 battle because max tier for me is T9.

T95 is good for blocking one way and pushing. Give him two or three other tanks to support and he will surely block one way for a long time while other team members can push another way with more tanks (or even pick third way). People don't like running away from battle so if they'll meet T95 they'll try to kill it, even if their chances are low... But good team shouldn't have more problems with it more than with any other T9 tank since T95 is easy to flank by mediums and even easier to kill by arty.

IMO power of this tank and his usefulness depends on team more than every other tank.

Very nicely spoken sir.
I agree the T-95 is a tank, that you park somewhere. And block that part of the map. And it surely needs some heavy/medium support. While the Object and JT can be used sometimes more lonely. Not saying they don't need support. OFC they do, they are TD's afterall. But at least they have some speed etc.

Juiz #44 Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 12663 battles
I tested T95 on russian testserver and it was really obvious for me that I wouldn't be getting this, the performance of it didn't justify the grind... And if someone asks me what TD to get I will point Object 704 if they want big gun and JT if they want nice armor and nice gun, T95 would be nice if it wasn't so slow. Also the fact that you have to use 105mm gun to grind better suspension to mount 120mm gun is kind of puzzling since neither Object or JT needs suspension upgrade to mount their best guns. But I am pretty sure that T95 has it uses, especially in urban maps. I just feel a bit sorry for those who are grinding T95 thinking it is some sort super powerful killing machine that cannot be penetrated.

mefistocelus #45 Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 40339 battles

View PostJAPPY, on 01 July 2011 - 03:07 PM, said:

text

My God what a post. Without flaming and so objective! Thank you a lot! (I will avoid this path)

ThaTrip #46 Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3523 battles

View PostJuiz, on 05 July 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

I tested T95 on russian testserver and it was really obvious for me that I wouldn't be getting this, the performance of it didn't justify the grind... And if someone asks me what TD to get I will point Object 704 if they want big gun and JT if they want nice armor and nice gun, T95 would be nice if it wasn't so slow. Also the fact that you have to use 105mm gun to grind better suspension to mount 120mm gun is kind of puzzling since neither Object or JT needs suspension upgrade to mount their best guns. But I am pretty sure that T95 has it uses, especially in urban maps. I just feel a bit sorry for those who are grinding T95 thinking it is some sort super powerful killing machine that cannot be penetrated.

JT needs other suspension to get the L/61 mounted (I think  <_< )

RoflSeal #47 Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 15008 battles
The T95 has more bloody weakspots then a Teenagers face.
So me in my Object vs T95 in Himmelsdorf in front off me (305mm armour) on road with no flank
I shoot his commander copula 50% off, he tracks me (i was lucky)d
I shoot the other weakspot below his gun BAM he's dead ( I reload faster)

The thing has so many weakspots that the 305mm armour is basically nullified because of it.

Also the thing has so little engine power. 600HP for a 90 Ton tank. WTF is this. The 13kmh speed limit should be kep, I agree but it should have T30 top engine ffs or something.

Haakon #48 Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6988 battles
  • [W-HA] W-HA
So we did some testing nothing particular...

Posted Image

- right copula - periscope module
- left copula - commander/driver seems to be really random

Posted Image

- frontal shot - lower plate - 2 fuel tanks were gone

Posted Image

- upper shot - fuel again + persicope

Posted Image

- BL10 - frontal HE - gun + commander

Posted Image

- rear shot - 7,5 KwK 40 - PZ III/IV - fire

...some more to come - big thanks to JAPPY

mefistocelus #49 Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 40339 battles

View PostHaakon, on 05 July 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

So we did some testing nothing particular...

Thanks for the info! Nice snipe mode. Can you point me where can I get it?

Squadman45 #50 Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 47860 battles
What i can say, yesterday kill my first T95 and was difficult, 2 frontal hits on his gun mantelet with HE from S70 0 damage no critical hits, need retreat and wait him to take his back here 3 hits on his rear and dead with some help from a Object but i dont burn T95, maybe here i can say that i feel that in some tanks on high tiers is easier burn them with small caliber guns than with guns over 105mm  :huh:

Thanks for the info, i want find again a T95 to test cupulas weakspots, plan do it because on american tanks they are a clear weakspot, is like when you find a T34 or T30 on hull down, aim to them hehehe.

gizaman #51 Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Special Beta Tester
  • 17479 battles
  • [DKBG] DKBG
Met a t95 and was following him with 2-3 others.

He just slowly went through the forest on provohorka, and killed 3.

If you know how to use it correct, I am sure it is a monster.

You just need a smart commander in the clan that can find the places and the situations for it.

It sure does have its pros.

RoflSeal #52 Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 15008 battles
No since its armour is nullified by the weakspots on it. IF you know where to aim-T95 is dead meat.

CrazedGunman #53 Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16847 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
Nice combat report.  :Smile_honoring:  
But my thoughts about the T95 were a bit different until now...

As soon as I found out this monster will be released here, I went OMGWTFBBQ mode, but I knew this TD will go slower than a Maus and T7 arty will make short work of it.
After I read those players' opinions about this who were playing this tank on the Russian server a few days before its release here, I started to think it'll be an easy target for every medium tank who gets enough close to it and any artillery who can target it.
Now I think it's just like another messed up US tank, even though I only got to M2 Medium as I was focusing on the German tank line(s), and I forgot about this tank tree. Still, I see them being too easy to kill.

And I've only seen 1 of them yet...

Shippior #54 Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9833 battles
Actually some T95 I met yesterday on Campingnovka thought he could charge me in my Object with 50% health left through the open field as it though its front armour was invincible. Needless to say the T95 was dead before it reached the other side and I only got a hit from an arty. If you aim for the lowest part of it beneath the track it's easy to penetrate by any regular gun aswell.

LittleLILI #55 Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60050 battles
  • [FRITE] FRITE
In Haakon's test (thanks to him, he was very patient), with an Objekt 704 and a Pershing:
(http://forum.worldof...post__p__686006)
He shot about 200k of credits in shells, from any angles!

We discovered with surprise that, when he shot me under the front plate, by instance if the T95 is above the firing tank, something curious happened: my 2 rear tanks exploded!
Posted Image

I repaired, and when he repeated the same frontal shot, the gaz tanks exploded again... It was unexpected...
But... well ... going at 11km/h or 13km/h with a T95 does not change much your life !
But better to be ready for fire...

Kazomir #56 Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 16812 battles
Prepare to fill tanks with CO2 :D

RoflSeal #57 Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 15008 battles
That is simple to explain
Spoiler                     

LittleLILI #58 Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60050 battles
  • [FRITE] FRITE

View PostRoflSeal, on 07 July 2011 - 01:37 AM, said:

That is simple to explain
(...)
At the moment, it was also what I thought (without being sure of where exactly are the fuel tanks, thanks for the photo!)...
But according to HAAKON, and the print screen he took when firing, the point blank shot aimed directly at the lowest frontal plate - with a slight lateral angl - :
http://img13.imagesh...frontalfuel.jpg
There is 3 secondes between his printscreen (12:08), and mine (12:11), so we are sure it is this shot that damaged the tank...

Dublin_Gunner #59 Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17175 battles
I'm very surprised at how soft they have made this tank.

I've come up against it a few times in my GW Panther, and always manage to get good damage form each shot.

Managed to kill my first T-95 yesterday - took 30-40% each shot from him.

1st shot - took him from 100 to 64%. Someone else shot, and took him to 58%. I shot again, took him to 14%. Next shot = kill.

All my rounds went into the side of the T-95, and all caused damage.

This tank needs a serious buff. It needs to be faster - it's a sitting duck at the moment. It needs to have better armour / protection against HE shells. It neesd MUCH better traverse speed. It basically seems to grind to a halt when turning.

Haakon #60 Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6988 battles
  • [W-HA] W-HA
- Fuel tanks - direct, bit angled shot

Posted Image

- Even HE bounced off those fuel tanks...as You can see penetrating shot caused 0% dmg ("we hit 'em hard")

Haakon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users