Video: Stronghold Tactics for Tiers V-X

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:20 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Strongholds can now be upgraded to level X – check out what it means for your clan!

Full news text

CroPanzer #2 Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19790 battles
  • [CARAS] CARAS
Cool vid, made some stuff clearer

Godjira #3 Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40459 battles

As a training clan with players of mixed abilities and commitments to provide our lessons on our own timetable, I can't see that we can take part in the next stage of Stronkholds. Which is a shame as we have been enjoying playing them up to now.

This may be a super dumb question and I guess we can watch how it plays out, but won't the ability to choose which clan you attack just lead to the weak getting weaker and the strong getting stronger? What is in it for the 95% of players and clans who are on the side of the weak? Are they just going to get ganked every time they battle?

SanyaJuutilainen #4 Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20812 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostGodjira, on 13 November 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

As a training clan with players of mixed abilities and commitments to provide our lessons on our own timetable, I can't see that we can take part in the next stage of Stronkholds. Which is a shame as we have been enjoying playing them up to now.

This may be a super dumb question and I guess we can watch how it plays out, but won't the ability to choose which clan you attack just lead to the weak getting weaker and the strong getting stronger? What is in it for the 95% of players and clans who are on the side of the weak? Are they just going to get ganked every time they battle?

If you are too strong, the reward for attacking weak clans will be negligible compared to attacking strong clans. Let's face it, for Tier X stronghold you are just as fine doing 3-4 detachments instead of attacks and you get almost the same stuff as attacking Tier V stronghold. But since higher levels have more HP in buildings, and plunder income is based off of those HP (or to be more exact from capacity), you get more plunder the higher you attack.

L3gi #5 Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26850 battles

two inputs:

1. Limit the Battling Days further.

Tier 5 - 1 Day / Week

Tier 6 - 2 Days / Week

Tier 9 - 5 Days / Week

Tier 10 - 6 Days / Week

2. Limit the battletier:

Under Tier 9 Commandcenter, let the Defender(!) choose his defending Tier (either T8 or T10    -> T6 is just for training then)

For Tier 9 and Tier 10 it must be T10 defending, as its a tougher environment.

This way you will make it easier for smaller clans and or weaker clans to get further up without getting beaten to death in Tier 10.

chickenwire #6 Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31758 battles
  • [F-T-R] F-T-R

I agree!

First Strongholds were advertised as THE alternative to clan wars for smaller clans and now the commitment required to have a decent stronghold are just as hard. not much left of that first promise.

Hawker96 #7 Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8443 battles
Very nice video, but why is it that you have time to post things like this and not the shop offers and weekend events on Thursday like you used too?

Pansenmann #8 Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33953 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Meh,

got misleaded that there is now a Stronghold mode for tier 5 tanks. :sad:

my problem with strongholds is - it is not even remotely a replacement for company battles,

of which are rare these days. Too many friends scattered among many different clans. :)

Edited by Pansenmann, 13 November 2014 - 07:59 PM.

chickenwire #9 Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31758 battles
  • [F-T-R] F-T-R

I have a very radical idea, never tried before

I know I am thinking out of the box here

why don't you allow legionnaires FROM OTHER CLANS

you know, just the way it WORKED SO WELL in companies

using detachments as a tool to force more people into clans is so blatantly obvious and patronizing, it is almost offensive

the way it is now, people are probably more inclined NOT TO JOIN A CLAN, because it prevents them to play with friends in other clans.... think about that maybe

Edited by chickenwire, 14 November 2014 - 01:17 PM.

gsblik #10 Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28817 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

the creation of stronghold is a great idear to give the lesser Clans a purpose in the game.

an alternative to Clan wars were its absolute "tier X and 15 players" witch cut out many Clans

not only because of of the number of players aquiert but allso the high exspektation of commetment

to engage this and therefore rule out the common  gamers.

if my Clan whas to opgrade to tier V in stronghold then we have to attack and defence absolute "tier X 15 players"

this will rule out stronghold above tier V for os.

what i like about this game is that you can play in the tiers you like you dont have to Progress to the max.

for examble tier V and VII are not in play when your playing compagni/team  game mode

this could be altered by bringing in a new way to play stronghold what if you only could attack or defend at the same tier as your stronghold this would bring in aloth of the lover tier  tanks and challenge the tactics of the commmanders and make room for common players so its not only about resourses and platoon gaming.

regards gsblik Danish smart bombs

Edited by gsblik, 15 November 2014 - 02:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users