World of Tanks - Poll on current disliked Maps

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
258 replies to this topic

Poll: World of Tanks - Poll on current disliked Maps (3430 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Dear Tankers, While we're sure you all have a favorite map, we'd also like to know which map you dread seeing appear... Please give us your vote in this poll and let us know which is your least favorite map in the rotation.

1. Abbey (135 votes [1.06%])

Percentage of vote: 1.06%

2. Airfield (148 votes [1.16%])

Percentage of vote: 1.16%

3. Arctic Region (147 votes [1.15%])

Percentage of vote: 1.15%

4. Cliff (124 votes [0.97%])

Percentage of vote: 0.97%

5. El Halluf (216 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

6. Ensk (287 votes [2.24%])

Percentage of vote: 2.24%

7. Erlenberg (171 votes [1.34%])

Percentage of vote: 1.34%

8. Fiery Salient (576 votes [4.50%])

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

9. Fisherman's Bay (245 votes [1.91%])

Percentage of vote: 1.91%

10. Fjords (219 votes [1.71%])

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

11. Hidden Village (700 votes [5.47%])

Percentage of vote: 5.47%

12. Highway (257 votes [2.01%])

Percentage of vote: 2.01%

13. Himmelsdorf (298 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

14. Karelia (211 votes [1.65%])

Percentage of vote: 1.65%

15. Kharkov (543 votes [4.24%])

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

16. Komarin (621 votes [4.85%])

Percentage of vote: 4.85%

17. Lakeville (127 votes [0.99%])

Percentage of vote: 0.99%

18. Live Oaks (155 votes [1.21%])

Percentage of vote: 1.21%

19. Northwest (250 votes [1.95%])

Percentage of vote: 1.95%

20. Malinovka (454 votes [3.55%])

Percentage of vote: 3.55%

21. Mines (194 votes [1.52%])

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

22. Mountain Pass (220 votes [1.72%])

Percentage of vote: 1.72%

23. Murovanka (235 votes [1.84%])

Percentage of vote: 1.84%

24. Pearl River (380 votes [2.97%])

Percentage of vote: 2.97%

25. Prokhorovka (679 votes [5.31%])

Percentage of vote: 5.31%

26. Province (171 votes [1.34%])

Percentage of vote: 1.34%

27. Redshire (196 votes [1.53%])

Percentage of vote: 1.53%

28. Ruinberg (210 votes [1.64%])

Percentage of vote: 1.64%

29. Ruinberg on Fire (326 votes [2.55%])

Percentage of vote: 2.55%

30. Sacred Valley (480 votes [3.75%])

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

31. Sand River (291 votes [2.27%])

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

32. Serene Coast (165 votes [1.29%])

Percentage of vote: 1.29%

33. Severogorsk (559 votes [4.37%])

Percentage of vote: 4.37%

34. Siegfried Line (119 votes [0.93%])

Percentage of vote: 0.93%

35. South Coast (166 votes [1.30%])

Percentage of vote: 1.30%

36. Stalingrad (874 votes [6.83%])

Percentage of vote: 6.83%

37. Steppes (109 votes [0.85%])

Percentage of vote: 0.85%

38. Swamp (478 votes [3.74%])

Percentage of vote: 3.74%

39. Tundra (196 votes [1.53%])

Percentage of vote: 1.53%

40. Windstorm (224 votes [1.75%])

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

41. Westfield (155 votes [1.21%])

Percentage of vote: 1.21%

42. Widepark (208 votes [1.63%])

Percentage of vote: 1.63%

43. Winter Himmelsdorf (276 votes [2.16%])

Percentage of vote: 2.16%

Vote Hide poll

PanzerGert #1 Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10190 battles

Dear Tankers, 

We would like to have your opinion on the selection of Maps in the current rotation.

You have 5 votes to point out your least favorite maps.

Remember, we want to know your least favorite maps, don't go voting for your favorites!

Cheers,
PanzerGert :honoring:

Homer_J #2 Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31717 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Poll only allows 1 choice, not 5 as posted.

PanzerGert #3 Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10190 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 15 November 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Poll only allows 1 choice, not 5 as posted.

Fixed. Thank you! :honoring:

Ulv_Jaeger #4 Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12872 battles

I'm not a fan of the toy maps like Mountain pass, mines, and Himmelsdorf for randoms, but the maps I seriously dislike are the poorly conceived and unfinished ones.

Some examples that apply to all maps.

Stalingrad, due to the bugs, inconsistency of destructible objects 2x4 wooden posts blocking a shot), pac man layout. The map should never have gone live because it's clearly conceived for visual effects (semi destructible indestructible buildings) and dose not work in the current meta, or as a playable and interesting strategic map.

Northwest, due to the wedding cake layout with exaggerated levels, funnelled corridors, and over thought design. This is the precursor to Severogorsk v2 and El Haluffs's A1 corner. Basta Cosi!!!

Fjords, due to the sheer amount of clutter, elevation, and impassable terrain.

Sacred valley, for predictability, cage fighting layout, and clutter.

What makes a good map is important too though… 

Steppes. Redshire. Westfield, Sand River. Erlenberg.

Void of funnel like barriers (mostly) which determine the battle, while still having some degree of protected approaches,

and almost fully traversable, with multiple positions from which you can mount a defence or start an attack. there is fluidity and they can be unpredictable, with battles often fought in rotary rather than a linear manner. all of these maps allow evolution in your approach to them and stay fresh as a result.

Propavodka also has many good points, but relies more on a team using triangular positioning, spotting, and fire, (You position for control, you spot, but shoot what somebody else spotted). Thats great if the team understand this, but problematic if they don't understand the interdependence on each other and their roles...

Private_Miros #5 Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Spoiler

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/Miros_G/4065103_zpsafb2b81e.jpg

That this is the response after 5 minutes on a forum that normally reacts rather slowly would be funny if Lakeville wasn't one of your more decent maps in the game compared to some others. :dry:

wordsmith #6 Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20992 battles

In general I don't like maps which punishes attackers because the defenders have huge advantage. And those are f.e.:

Province = Mexican standoff, too small even for low tiers

Airfield, El Haluf = favors campers, who has more patience - wins

I like maps, which rewards initiative. What I mean is where are plenty of opportunities to attack and/or flank. Which are hard to camp and defend because attacker can come from multiple directions. Good example could be Steppes, Swamp or Highway.

For some reason I don't like all "Asian/Jungle" or "Arabic/Desert" maps, I don't know why :) because there is no real issue with them except above mentioned ones. I just feel there like I'm fighting over some landfill dump (no offense)... maybe I'm just intolerant to other cultures but that's my feeling about them.

Edit: Lewis from Rambo can say it better than me :)

Edited by wordsmith, 15 November 2014 - 08:57 PM.

Cobra6 #7 Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Like I said in the earlier post about this, please stop selecting further maps for deletion and start adding the ones back in you removed like Dragons Ridge and Port, they were very interesting maps. Currently with the limited rotation in the matchmaker we are already playing on 5 maps an evening.

Cobra 6

h3dning #8 Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25611 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL
Op should post mnimaps of the different maps with names. Easier to remember the difference between al the "gorsk"

Schmeksiman #9 Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16712 battles
  • [INC] INC
Stalingrad - a greyish map with random buildings and rubble. Ugh...

Breitkeil #10 Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14311 battles

Could we have another official poll about which maps we consider to be unbalanced please?

With the possibility to say which side we consider to have an advantage / disadvantage. 

wordsmith #11 Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 20992 battles

View PostBeatiful_Rage, on 16 November 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Op should post mnimaps of the different maps with names. Easier to remember the difference between al the "gorsk"

Lol here you go: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Maps

Alabamatick #12 Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31849 battles
now the other maps have been added, 5 votes just isn't enough :hiding:

HidesHisFace #13 Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18413 battles

Sadly the poll allows only 5 choices...

My top most hated map currently - Prokhorovka/Fiery Salient IF there is arty in game - it becomes camper and clicker paradise in such setup. Also the rotation seems to like this map very friggin' much. Sometimes every second game is on this boring thing.

Redshire -I have always hated this map for the very same reason - camper paradise, basically only two viable paths, the rest is a giant kill zone and the map punishes mercilessly tanks with bad gun depression - they are virtually useless there.

Severogorsk - epitome of a corridor map - whole middle is a huge kill-zone, leaving only borders of a map.

Hidden village and North-West suffer from the same issue - especially the latter - only two real paths before late game. Hidden village is just boring with town area, and therefore more than half of the map being a literal dead-zone.

Sacred Valey - better than previous version which was utterly unfair... But the new one is still pretty bad - campers paradise, concealment seems to work when it feels like it, especially if it favours enemy team.

Komarin - boring and annoying - please WG, stop re-making this map and GET RID OF IT already.

Alabamatick #14 Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31849 battles
actually, i wish i'd get prok / firey much more than i do, it's my favourite

ksmith #15 Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18451 battles

It is nice that all the maps I disliked the most were remade (Redshire, El Haluf, Serene Coast), I find that I like almost all of the maps.

The one I really don't like is Komarin, specially the woods around the spawn spots where td's hide with a nice killing field around it.

The other is Northwest, which is not even that bad, but I'm not able to do anything on that map usually.

Maj_Solo #16 Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64395 battles
  • [MO0S3] MO0S3

At least enough people with a good view have voted so the poll peaks on the right maps. Also it is interesting people are dissing the newer maps done the last year ot  or two. Either worse map makers have been at work the last two years then before, or it means people don't know how to play them yet,

I have voted on some maps because how the game usually goes. Even if I have an idea how to go about it. If the general player can't do it then the map is bad. The maps have to allow for the general player to correct his opening mistakes and the general player is very lazy. In general what does the player do wrong? They deploy wrong, send wrong tanks to the wrong places and in the wrong numbers. It only have to be 1/4 of the team that is making bad descisions to create an irrepairable unbalance to the local  tank groups on the map. And they are very lazy so if things go bad elsewhere on the map they want to just be able to turn the turret and shoot. Too deep corridors, no flanking support fire, and they can not help. Also they dont turn their tanks around to fix problem. So you end up with a flank falling too fast, and no safe sideways movement is available. The average tanker also do not like to get shot and not having the shooter spotted, so they hat open maps. And they do not like closed maps either.

The changes WG made recently is to introduce depressions that allow advances over which a noob have no control. Or they raised the grond here and there to stop enemy support fire ftom hitting the advancing tanks. The shooting distances have been decreased. And so some Pershing can become the victim of an amx50B that has nothing to fear.

Good players are agressive and will use the new changes to map not the average player. Anyways the biggest problem is that some average players send wrong tanks to wrong places and if sideways movement is impossible or flanking support fire is impossible then they can not fix their mistakes. And the worst part is that good players go down with the ship.

I think players need cover from arty, and still openings to be able to shoot and give each other support. Also they need to be able to spot advancing tanks, not have the enemy suddenly appear near base never seen. Cause the average player like to clump together and then 15 tanks is not enough to cover 5 possible approaches. Cause in very many matches some tanker is frantically pinging the map but that flank remains unguarded. The average player do not want to be alone. And if he can not give support fire because too many obstacles he becomes ineffective.

The map have to be designed in such a way that the average players can absorb the enemy attack.

They hate ( or can not handle ):

arty

labyrint maps

open maps, camo skill, spotting skill, proxy spotting.

the isolated fights.

half open maps i think is best. maps that do not make the teams clump in 2 groups. Support fire possible to come from at least half your team. And a way to move sideways safely to help attack other flank if it is weak. Otherwise the average player just stand there. But WG have isolated the flanks more and more and think that it has made the average player less effective.

There definitely is something wrong with the maps. Even the old city maps are good  cause you can shoot long on them too. Sideways Low to high and high to low on himmelsdorf. People like that and they do that, Some maps make platoons with voice comms too powerful like fishermans bay in the west. Everybody reloads, 3 2 1 go go go and a 3 man platoon of purple player jumps past the obstacle and dive down on the other side and make mince meat of the defenders and they feel safe cause no enemy support fire can reach them.

I think sideways shooting and movment should be introduced on more maps not blocked by WG adding more piles of dirt. Cause if you think. Who is it that charge? And who is it that follow behind? Or, who is it that valiantly charge 1/3 of the map then get stuck behind a hill and do not know how to proceed? It is these people who need help from scouts and an unobstructed shoot line. This is ofcourse dangerous to game play if you think about the TDs that WG so cleverly added to the game. But if the map is half open and about only 1/3 if the team can help each other at any given time ..... and if WG skip the long shooting corridors, ok then I just list good maps with a good mix

I do not know if you get how I think ... WG thought they aided average players but instead they made OP tanks feel even safer if they just get into a good position.

good maps then with less clumping of tanks .... and with support fire possible.... the maps should be good for LT MT TD ART skip the heavies. Just give them a slope to hanf behind or some rocks to jump between, the important thing is that LTs and MTs are not funneled into the same area as where the HTs are.

Sand River 

Swamp ( some activity in center can be seen )

Himmelsdorf ( you can play arty there, Kharkov is faaaar worse )

Abbey  ( you can shoot sideways, you can spot, but moving sideways is not so easy unless you are back at base-line )

Mines ( medium tank paradise? )

Port ( talk about sideways movement and shooting possible, but there was a lot of clumping of tanks west, middle and east more interesting, this map need to be improved )

Ruinberg ( believe it or not )

Other then that I think that most maps are bad for many tank classes. Or just simply bad for all playing on the map.

itzwazme #17 Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7206 battles
  • [_RAF] _RAF

I still hate Proharovka. Don't know what it is about it. but it never works and it is really annoying to play for me.

Don't have many other problems for other maps.

lemthepimpmeard #18 Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27450 battles

Fiery Salient: Winds up in a massive campfest, or lemmingtrain to the hill, not enough cover for scouts or sniping. Not sufficiently different to Prohorovka to warrant being a map in its own right.

Severogorsk: I grew to like the old version, there were places for all tank classes to shine, then WG changed it into a generic 3 funnel map.

Ensk: Partly down to the playerbase, I've been blocked while peek-a-booing far too often.

Ruinberg On Fire. Like Ruinberg, but with lower FPS.

Fijords: Too much water/impassable terrain.

Darth_Woras #19 Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
Stalingrad, Komarin, both Prokorovkas, Severogorsk a.k.a. Belogorsk-19, Malinovka.
Strange - maps with ruskie names are worst :D

Troubledove #20 Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43903 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
Only trouble I see is Malinovka lower left part, the "beach highway" that favors the left team strongly. In higher tier matches meds rush from begin to spot / shoot behind houses, allowing constant pressure to right side team. For right side team there is nothing that comes even close. Since map is otherwise balanced it gives (when properly utilized) advantage to left team. Especially in higher tier battles it makes games boring and frustrating because when the meds are on the lane you know game is somewhat over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users