Tank Academy: Modules and Equipment

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
This edition of Tank Academy discusses modules and various pieces of equipment available in World of Tanks.

Full news text

wsatnutter #2 Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24723 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Good read  

Xino9922 #3 Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16016 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Postwsatnutter, on 19 November 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Good read  

Much agreed, but make it into a video, because of all the mindless jelly blobs out there will never read an article... 

Krzysztof_Chodak #4 Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41364 battles
  • [AZP] AZP

why it does not cover two points:

- better suspension has lowered ground resistance = better acceleration

- better turret decreases reload time

???

guest273 #5 Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

I wonder why they don't recommend Enhanced Gun Laying Drive for more tank classes, I find it very useful. 

I wonder what is meant under the: "2 Random Manoeuvres" topic...

Predator_or #6 Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59605 battles

Ventilation is crap, it's better to use rammer+optics+vstab on mediums and lights...

Binocular and camouflage net yes yes, omg...

Greensiteofhell #7 Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19345 battles

As usual Wargaming are NOT mentioning all the possible improvements, like how to get a higher speed and better gun depression/elevation - why all this secrets?

Hmm, did anyone say basic camouflage? ..
In my opinion, the only useful information mentioned in this "guide" is, that tankers should be very careful to choose the right ammunition.

Read on forum:

Earlier WG (Overlord if I remember correctly) said they don't want to confuse players with too many stats. <

If this is the truth, why confuse players with the Stronghold stuff, weird ways to sign up for battle, missions and new battle modes again and again?

> When choosing equipment for your tank, you should aim for either boosting its distinguishing/ most important aspects, or countering its drawbacks. <

.. hahaha, hilarious.

By the way I vote for either fix the bugs, "two random maneuvers" or fix the bugs ;)

DMminion #8 Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18607 battles
  • [AXIOM] AXIOM

View Postguest273, on 19 November 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

I wonder why they don't recommend Enhanced Gun Laying Drive for more tank classes, I find it very useful. 

Vert Stabs > Gun Laying Drive. Except tanks like Panther with really high RoF, so they mostly will be sitting still and aiming at the same spot. If you are thinking of Vert Stabs + GLD on a tank, you are better off by using Vents. On the tanks you might want to use Vert Stabs + GLD are mostly 2,9s+ aiming time guns or some exceptions with really [edited] soft stats. On these guns you aren't going to aim fully most of the time and Vents improves the effect of Vert Stabs as well as the accuracy from the gun. GLD is only active when you sit still entirely, so it won't be active even if you turn the turret only 1 degree.

Edited by Neilloss46, 20 November 2014 - 11:31 AM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

SanyaJuutilainen #9 Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20812 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostGreensiteofhell, on 19 November 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

> When choosing equipment for your tank, you should aim for either boosting its distinguishing/ most important aspects, or countering its drawbacks. <

.. hahaha, hilarious.

Why? You should either improve what your tank excels at (has 20 RPM? Make it more!) or decrease the drawbacks (sluggish? Improve speed). In other words you shouldn't go for improving the mediocre parameters into slightly above mediocre, because those will usually (albeit not always) help you the least.

SignoreBoom #10 Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5942 battles
  • [STRB] STRB
Scouting pls!

Apathel #11 Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

Private

• Content Team
  • 27206 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postguest273, on 19 November 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

By "2 Random Manoeuvres" we mean two tank manoeuvres which you can perform in battle as an individual vehicle, such as "face-hugging," "side-scraping," "hull-down" and so on. Should this topic win the current vote, the article after Platoon Success will discuss how to perform such actions, under which circumstances they are useful and how to defend yourself against an enemy vehicle performing them.

Even though there is no voting option in regard to which manoeuvres will be covered, don't worry - this topic will return to the polls regularly, so we will cover all of them eventually :glasses:

revolucionare #12 Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19699 battles
WG gives 98 and people cry about it's not being 100...

Greensiteofhell #13 Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19345 battles

View PostNya_Chan, on 19 November 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Why? You should either improve what your tank excels at (has 20 RPM? Make it more!) or decrease the drawbacks (sluggish? Improve speed). In other words you shouldn't go for improving the mediocre parameters into slightly above mediocre, because those will usually (albeit not always) help you the least.

Mmm, you are right.. I can now see it all more clearly.
It is exactly like on my precious KV-1
- I choose better spotting range, camo and speed.

In my mind a tank is either good or bad in a given situation. Live or die.
If not, you either need a lot of luck driving that thing, be a skilled tactician or simply have to buff a mediocre tank following your heart and, pray to god, that Wargaming´s guide exceeds all expectations.

I say: always increase the tanks advantages first and foremost! .. just like in the example above.

Sorry for my mediocre English and my simple joke ;)

Btw. Nya_Chan, I am looking forward to your explanation of WoT flaws.. and to Wargaming: you guys made the best game ever!!

Edited by Greensiteofhell, 19 November 2014 - 10:03 PM.

HerrWilhelm #14 Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19456 battles
  • [RHPA] RHPA
I was expecting a more detailed briefing of all available equipment rather than a common advice for the tank types.

Kothaar #15 Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 58423 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR

How I see it, it is best to add maximum improvements on a few aspects of tank and crew than try to even weaknesses. For example give the crew camo skill, give the tank a camo net, give the crew all possible view range skills, give the tank binocs. That way you see enemy before they see you, and you get the first shot, simple. If the enemy has a mediocre camo because he wanted to give his tank a mediocre shooting skill, well his skill is not of much use when he gets hit from an enemy he cannot see.

Or make the tank as mobile as possible, if you prefer a knife-fight.

Ridar #16 Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 97691 battles

Why can we only install up to 3 pieces of equipment on a single vehicle ?  It's not logical and getting the game boring.  In reality a tank has more useful equipment like smoke or crossing rivers  under water.

Skills mean improvements.

Get special food and you have maximum skills.

Now choose how you like playing the game: fast, slow or camping.  One example: a good scout can play in too ways: active and passive scouting so different equipment is needed. Passive scouting - as you cannot  be seen until enemy come to 50m -  you need proper skills and perks (12k battles in one tank = 7) and get camouflage net, binocular and vent.

Ridar #17 Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 97691 battles
I forgot about camouflage painting on tank. 

Ridar #18 Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 97691 battles
I forgot about painting camouflage on tanks , you need as a scout.    

TheR3dBaron #19 Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 34200 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

I don't fully agree with this one.

Block Quote

The priority in terms of which module should be upgraded first may differ between tanks, as many machines, even in their stock versions, may have strong points which won’t require immediate improvements. However, the most effective first choice for upgrades in most cases is the suspension, because stock tanks usually come almost at the limit of their weight capacity. As a result, these vehicles require first a better suspension before they can be improved further.

On most tanks, except for lights, it's best to go for the top/best gun first, since more damage = more xp. As a result, if you have some gold at your disposal, go for the enhanced suspension first and use the other 2 equipment slots for something useful. It will allow you to install modules which you have already unlocked on other tanks straight away. Eventually you will have to unmount the equipment with gold anyways, or buy garage slots with gold. Basically you need gold, or you are going to destroy credits. If you don't want to invest gold, keep some of the gold you can win to unmount complex equipment.

If you have absolutely no gold at your disposal, try to save enough free xp to research the tracks of the next tank before moving on.

Askorti #20 Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11776 battles
Who in their right mind would suggest to put torsion bars on an LT? Maybe on a very low tier one, sure, but anything above tier V will have much better options than that. (except for autoloaders, who can't mount rammer, and in some cases vstab)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users