• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Gnomus #1 Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34484 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

Hi WG

Campaigns second stage special rules were published: http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/cw/3campaign-2stage-announcement/

I have one important question and one feedback.

Question: Could you confirm or deny if fortress FP's are granted to clans only or to clans and players (like landing missions)? With possibility of 1200k and 800k FP per province things will go absurd, if those (or even part of those will be granted to players). Best players at the moment are at 146k FP.

Then the feedback: Have you though about amount of FP's even for a second? If a clan manages to do ALL the landing missions, it gets something like 825k. If a clan managed to do ALL convoy mission it would get something like 800k. And at second stage, 1200k from a single province, if you hold citadel. This high FP points will devaluate everything clans did in first stage. One lucky fortess citadel combo, and you get same amount as best clans can do in whole first part of the campaign.

This kind of power creep makes things stupid. We have seen this before on earlier Campaigns and I think you have received feedback from it. Luckily my clan is not going for clan FP ratings, so this doesn't bother us too much (unless fortress FP is divided to players also), but this is hard blow to everyone who have worked hard on first stage missions. 

knightM #2 Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46203 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Well we also had situation in 2nd campaign where point gain in first stage was much higher than in stages 2 and 3 basically deciding the top 2 after first stage.

That said during the first stage the "primary" mission (convoy) gives so few points that they are almost pointless for result. 1 convoy gives up 60% of points you can get from one battle on map, or 40% of points gained on province where you haven't won before.

FidelisRaven #3 Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 39457 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Yeah, I second that. One good evening could count like the entire phase 1 for some clans, ridiculous. 

CyrillAlex #4 Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24994 battles

Have to agree with Gnomus - proportions seem really weird and out of balance...

And I would like to add one more feedback (from the campaign so far): I'm pretty sure if you check how many clans already performed the Landing missions you will come with the same conclusion as I already reach: it is pointless to do these missions and only few are doing it.

In other words (in numbers): short missions give 25K FP - minimum players to complete it: 15 - it means 1666 FP per player (more players participating - less points per player). Two wins during landing give the same amount of points. Why should a clan bother to land on fixed (by the missions) landings when it could chose and land on preferable maps.

Same with middle landing missions: is it worth for a clan to bother and try to go through relatively fixed maps just to received additional max 3300 FP per player. But to get these +3300 FP the clan should fight against relatively fixed opponent (owner of the map fixed by the route) and succeed in two battles at least. Well, only 1 win on the map (besides landings/revolts) gives more points: 4000-7000 FP.

Same with long (100K) missions...

Ya, it might be a bonus for strong clans that do not need to chose maps, but these are only the top 50 or so (top 100 may be, don't know)... But these top 50 clans use more than 1 setup every night so max points per player is 3-4 time less - pointless again...

Edited by CyrillAlex, 25 November 2014 - 12:26 PM.

Paozx #5 Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11513 battles

View PostGnomus, on 24 November 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Question: Could you confirm or deny if fortress FP's are granted to clans only or to clans and players (like landing missions)?

l thought landing mission FP went to clan only? Even if rules are not clearly written..

Edited by Paozx, 25 November 2014 - 12:33 PM.

CyrillAlex #6 Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24994 battles

View PostPaozx, on 25 November 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

l thought landing mission FP went to clan only? Even if rules are not clearly written..

5. Specific Landing Missions of the Third Campaign

5.2. For mission completion both the clan and players will get a Fame Points bonus, which depends on the complexity of the mission.

Revel7777 #7 Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42553 battles
  • [BLUTE] BLUTE

Block Quote

5. Specific Landing Missions of the Third Campaign

5.2. For mission completion both the clan and players will get a Fame Points bonus, which depends on the complexity of the mission.

oh we did not saw it, so we have to do this missions, get the Fame points boocked directly or as in the other campain after the final resauls?

Edited by Revel7777, 25 November 2014 - 01:05 PM.

incurably #8 Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 39383 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

View PostRevel7777, on 25 November 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

oh we did not saw it, so we have to do this missions, get the Fame points boocked directly or as in the other campain after the final resauls?

no worries a 100k route gave me 1808 points ... a normal battle gets you 4k+  so you know .. meh

its 100.000 / number of players that had a match on that route (in my case around 60 ppl)

it gets booked immediatly

Edited by incurably, 25 November 2014 - 01:18 PM.

Paozx #9 Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11513 battles

View Postincurably, on 25 November 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

no worries a 100k route gave me 1808 points ... a normal battle gets you 4k+  so you know .. meh

its 100.000 / number of players that had a match on that route (in my case around 60 ppl)

it gets booked immediatly

Ye i meant you get close to nothing not 100k/50k/25k as you may think

Kantti #10 Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23322 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET
Oh my god WG. Not only would one golden citadel inflated the score so that 1st stage didn't matter, but there are 5 (!) golden citadels. This is going to be a total lottery where a clan that accidentally selects a least contested citadel will most propably win.

FidelisRaven #11 Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 39457 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Ok, the solution with wiping clans that were in Fortress provinces is  bs. 

1) How the hell were we supposed to know where fortress will appear? So, pure lottery - if you stay on the map or get kicked out of it depends not on skill, but on WG. You worked hard to win a province? Well, f**** u, says WG. We're kicking you out anyway. And nevermind that clans next to you get to stay there, just on the border and ready to get free fame tomorrow. 

2) You should have either wiped the map completely, or not at all. Now same bs happen like in last campaigns - some clans get a break not through skill and effort, but through lottery. All you have to do is def today, and tomorrow you're golden. At the same time, others are forced out of the map. Not cool at all. 

Edited by FidelisRaven, 28 November 2014 - 12:33 PM.

KJK #12 Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

Corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 30483 battles

View PostFidelisRaven, on 28 November 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

1) How the hell were we supposed to know where fortress will appear? So, pure lottery - if you stay on the map or get kicked out of it depends not on skill, but on WG. You worked hard to win a province? Well, f**** u, says WG. We're kicking you out anyway. And nevermind that clans next to you get to stay there, just on the border and ready to get free fame tomorrow. 

2) You should have either wiped the map completely, or not at all. Now same bs happen like in last campaigns - some clans get a break not through skill and effort, but through lottery. All you have to do is def today, and tomorrow you're golden. At the same time, others are forced out of the map. Not cool at all. 

?

2.7. With the appearance of a Fortress, its Citadel, Approaches and Bridgeheads are wiped to create equal conditions for all clans:

Grimbru #13 Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4539 battles

View PostGnomus, on 24 November 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

Hi WG

Campaigns second stage special rules were published: http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/cw/3campaign-2stage-announcement/

I have one important question and one feedback.

Question: Could you confirm or deny if fortress FP's are granted to clans only or to clans and players (like landing missions)? With possibility of 1200k and 800k FP per province things will go absurd, if those (or even part of those will be granted to players). Best players at the moment are at 146k FP.

Then the feedback: Have you though about amount of FP's even for a second? If a clan manages to do ALL the landing missions, it gets something like 825k. If a clan managed to do ALL convoy mission it would get something like 800k. And at second stage, 1200k from a single province, if you hold citadel. This high FP points will devaluate everything clans did in first stage. One lucky fortess citadel combo, and you get same amount as best clans can do in whole first part of the campaign.

This kind of power creep makes things stupid. We have seen this before on earlier Campaigns and I think you have received feedback from it. Luckily my clan is not going for clan FP ratings, so this doesn't bother us too much (unless fortress FP is divided to players also), but this is hard blow to everyone who have worked hard on first stage missions. 

http://worldoftanks....-announcement/ 

2.10. Fortresses differ in their Fame Points income. These differences are marked on the map by icons in different colors - gold, silver, bronze. The number of Fame Points for a clan for capturing the Approaches...

The massive bonuses in FP's shown in the tables go to the clan. However when it comes to individual player FP's,  please indulge me in a little copy pasta.

3. Additional missions in the Second stage

3.1. Hall of Fame mission: Fame Points earned in all the battles for a province of an existing Fortress (Citadel and Approaches) are multiplied by 1.1 (Z coefficient in the FP calculation formula)

3.2. Defiance mission: Fame Points earned in all the battles against the owner of a Citadel will be multiplied by 1.2 (Z coefficient in the FP calculation formula). In case a clan performs two secondary missions, Z coefficient = 1.3.

3.3. Starting from the First Stage and until the end of the Third Campaign, players are free to perform landing missions. The full list and rules for such missions are available in General Regulations of the Third Campaign.

3.4. Additionally, during the Campaign, secondary and special missions will be available for completion. The full list of missions is available in General Rules and Regulations of the Third Campaign.

As you can see, the details are all there in the portal announcements guys. However I appreciate the feedback and it will be going back to the developers of the campaigns. Obviously if there is consistent confusion perhaps further clarification can be given in the future. Also regarding the large FP bonuses perhaps being too large, personally I'm not sure but I think it's valid feedback all the same. We try to improve with each and every campaign and this only happens with your feedback, so thanks!

:honoring:

FidelisRaven #14 Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 39457 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostKJK, on 28 November 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

?

2.7. With the appearance of a Fortress, its Citadel, Approaches and Bridgeheads are wiped to create equal conditions for all clans:

Was mistaken about neighbouring provinces, but the issue that we got kicked out of the map because of lottery remains. Either all should have been wiped or nobody. Would have saved everyone a lot of trouble. 

jemster #15 Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:56 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34685 battles
Is it just me or does the stated rules not correspond to what is happening on the map? Point 2.5 says "The first Fortresses will appear after world redivision." while point 1.6 says "World redivision ends on the 29 november and after that the Hell of Verdun rules will come into effect:", yet the map is full of fortresses.

Grimbru #16 Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4539 battles

View Postjemster, on 28 November 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Is it just me or does the stated rules not correspond to what is happening on the map? Point 2.5 says "The first Fortresses will appear after world redivision." while point 1.6 says "World redivision ends on the 29 november and after that the Hell of Verdun rules will come into effect:", yet the map is full of fortresses.

Please see this post from Decept1on.

Indeed this was a mistake in the rules (in RU too, so not a translation issue) and is currently being rectified. We're sorry for the confusion!

KJK #17 Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

Corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 30483 battles
Sure. Working as intended.

DrZurkon #18 Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36453 battles

View PostFidelisRaven, on 28 November 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

As I understand it - this will happen again in five days?

Dr Z

FidelisRaven #19 Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 39457 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostGrimbru, on 28 November 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Please see this post from Decept1on.

Indeed this was a mistake in the rules (in RU too, so not a translation issue) and is currently being rectified. We're sorry for the confusion!

It's not a "confusion". Rules weren't unclear or something, they were completely wrong. 

Dofolo #20 Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15999 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-

ffs defended land for 6+ days

Get booted off because the lottery put it as approach. Unfair and utter BS. The best part is the guys trying to take it next to us now just can hop on over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users