106 replies to this topic

iNoccent #1 Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10802 battles

Posted Image
Inspired by Adiya's Contour Icon Mod

Screenshots:
Posted Imagehttp://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7619/shot007nq.th.jpgPosted ImagePosted Image

Downloads:
(for WoT 0.8.3)

Version 1.13a:

MediaFire

Version 1.13 without rank icons:

MediaFire

You can also find my mod on:

Curse.com

NexusMods.com

Enjoy! :Smile_harp:

Currently in work:
- nothing

Update History:
Spoiler                     

shnbwmn #2 Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17890 battles
So the number of dots indicates the tiers?

iNoccent #3 Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10802 battles

So the number of dots indicates the tiers?

Yes. The only exceptions are the tier 10 tanks, wich have their own symbols.
Guess I'll upload another picture to illustrate.

makinwar_UK #4 Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5848 battles
Clever only problem I have with these mods every update they get removed then you have to wait for updated mods tiny flaw in the plan but if devs inbuilt them end of problem like with tank skins maybe?

iNoccent #5 Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10802 battles
New version is out here: https://rapidshare.c...ur_Mod_v0.3.zip

Visibility is way better in my opinion, but if you think otherwise feel free to tell me so.
I'll add screens in a minute.  :Smile_harp:

Screens are out.

Gimme your feedback! ^^

iNoccent #6 Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10802 battles
I'm currently working on new tier icons, since my first attempt seems a bit small and some tiers too alike.
Here's a preview:

<Image deleted>

I'm also trying new ways of marking premium tanks, so you can still see the tier.

<Image deleted>

Adiya #7 Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 759 battles
nice, keep up good working! glad to see you final realized the shape factor:D

i personally recommend you to continue using small dots (or keep updating both versions), since the tank contour is always the primary identification, better decorated dots will reduce its function, make identifying slower and distracted. but it's just my thought.

the premium with tier is something i always wanted to add on my update, but to lazy to do so:D

give me a reason to keep lazy~ make your contour perfect

Adiya #8 Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 759 battles
i already added a link in my thread

iNoccent #9 Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10802 battles

View Postadiya, on 09 July 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

nice, keep up good working! glad to see you final realized the shape factor:D

i personally recommend you to continue using small dots (or keep updating both versions), since the tank contour is always the primary identification, better decorated dots will reduce its function, make identifying slower and distracted. but it's just my thought.

the premium with tier is something i always wanted to add on my update, but to lazy to do so:D

give me a reason to keep lazy~ make your contour perfect

Thanks a lot good sir.  :Smile_honoring:

I've noticed, that the dots are a little bit big, but with the game in high rez (i.e. 1920x1200) they are kind of optimal, although the UI as a whole is too small in my opinion at such high resolutions...
I used smaller dots at first, but it looked odd. Guess I'll play a few games with the big dots and if it bothers me I'll give it another try.

Actualy it was a friend who mentioned the shapes were not distinguishable enough, and I had to agree. ^^

And btw I have the next version up: Version 0.4

iNoccent #10 Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10802 battles
So... I've been playing with the new version for some time now and I gotta say I'm quite satisfied with it.
There won't be any complete reworks of the mod in the near future, since I'm quite busy at work and don't have much free time anyway.
I will keep working on the "smaller dot version", but no estimate on that yet.
Should new tanks be introduced I will of course add them. ^^

In the meantime: DOWNLOADDOWNLOADDOWNLOAD! Test my mod and tell me what you think!  :Smile-izmena:

theChosen2 #11 Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
Can you give a non-RapidShare link plz?

iNoccent #12 Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10802 battles

View PosttheChosen2, on 15 July 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

Can you give a non-RapidShare link plz?

Here's it on mediafire: Contour_Mod_v0.4.zip
Mind telling me what's wrong with rapidshare?

theChosen2 #13 Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostiNoccent, on 15 July 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

Here's it on mediafire: Contour_Mod_v0.4.zip
Mind telling me what's wrong with rapidshare?

Everytime I click it wants me to "buy" the download via purchase, clicking links, or buying something. Not worth it or me. thanks for the new link. :)

iNoccent #14 Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10802 battles
You don't need to purchase anything on rapidshare. o.O
You only need to press the grey download button on the bottom right.

Well I added the new link to the first post as well, so others won't have the same problem.

W0nk0 #15 Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

• Player
  • 21029 battles
Great work, thanks a lot!

I find it a bit hard to see the difference between mediums and heavies.
Could you maybe use the colors of the tier dots to indicate the vehicle type instead of nationality?

Maybe do that in an alternate versio? I've thought about modding your mod ;) myself already but maybe there are more people interested in that variant.

Also, I have thought about the Tier dots/patterns. Maybe doing a stripe/rectangle that has a "value" of 5 tier classes plus dots?

E.g.

T3 :

T7:
==

Not sure if that would be better, but I find I have to memorize the current patterns as I'm not able to count the dots in the heat of the action :)

What do you think?

W0nk0

iNoccent #16 Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10802 battles

View PostW0nk0, on 17 July 2011 - 08:06 PM, said:

Great work, thanks a lot!

I'm glad you like it. =P

I find it a bit hard to see the difference between mediums and heavies.
Could you maybe use the colors of the tier dots to indicate the vehicle type instead of nationality?

The sometimes quite similar shades of green are a result of the semi transparency of the contours, which results in the color of whatever is behind them to shine through, giving all the contours in front of the same background kind of the same color. I'll try to make the next version less transparent in order to bring out the color differences more. I find green to be the best option, since the human eye is capable of distinguishing between different shades of green far better than with any other color.
Switching colors between the rank icon and the tank contour would be kind of suboptimal in my opinion, since the original contours are already colored for the different tank types, it would be a bit missleading.

Maybe do that in an alternate versio? I've thought about modding your mod ;) myself already but maybe there are more people interested in that variant.

Feel free to do so, I'd be interrested to see, what you had in mind.
I've uploaded my templates for v0.4 so you can use that for a start, if you wish. ->Templates.zip

Also, I have thought about the Tier dots/patterns. Maybe doing a stripe/rectangle that has a "value" of 5 tier classes plus dots?
[...]
Not sure if that would be better, but I find I have to memorize the current patterns as I'm not able to count the dots in the heat of the action :)

It's exactly the point to memorize the patterns, instead of counting the stars, because the human brain is actually far better suited for guessing, than counting. =P
I find I don't count any stars, I see the shape of the rank icon and the contour beside and immedeately know what tank it is, which is exactly what I wanted. ^^

Arakus #17 Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11366 battles
Are you working on a 6.6 update?
Pls. do it i like your Mod so much! :Smile_honoring:

driv4r #18 Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

Translator

• Beta Tester
  • 1411 battles
  • [JOLT] JOLT
I must say I think your mod's GREAT! I installed it a couple of weeks ago after being used Adiya's Contour Mod for a couple of months and though it was good I must say I like yours even more as I think its clearer and simpler to understand http://forum.worldof...great.gif  Keep up the good work!

iNoccent #19 Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10802 battles
I'm glad you like it.  :)

And as a little gift for you, here is the new version updated for 0.6.6:

RapidShare
MediaFire

driv4r #20 Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

Translator

• Beta Tester
  • 1411 battles
  • [JOLT] JOLT
For some reason it's not working for me any more and neither is Adiyas Contour Mod http://forum.worldof...mile_sad.gif  I think it might be sth to do with the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler that I am using or the update...

EDIT: Sorted at last!!! And I was right, in the end I realized that it was caused by the uninstallation and installation that I did in the morning, which had created a folder called World_of_Tanks INSIDE my World of Tanks main folder and put all the stuff there instead of the main folder (what an idiot, anyone else had this happening btw?) !! So, to get it sorted I just cut all the stuff back to the main folder replacing the older files with newer ones and now it works a treat http://forum.worldof...ile_Default.gif I'm darn clever and not an idiot at all LoL!!!http://cdn-frm-eu.wa...Smile_great.gif

NB! Thanks for the gift iNoccent! I like it http://forum.worldof...le_honoring.gif

Also tagged with iNoccent, Contour, Icon, Mod, UI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users