Jump to content


T2 light, just buy it


  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Eminenz010 #41 Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25548 battles
  • 276
  • [KNOUT] KNOUT
  • Member since:
    05-09-2013

I like the T2 Light, but it direly needs at least a goldammo-pen buff.

I don't use Gold, save a few exceptions, since u can make this thing work without it. in the most cases.

BUT

 

http://wotreplays.com/site/1612063#himmelsdorf-heilige_eminenz-t2_light_tank

n game w it, until I came up to a Tier III  D2.

circled, shoot 4-5mags, 2 of em Gold on his REAR.

Not a chance in hell, bounced every shot. Now this shouldn't be possible, either nerf the D2's backarmour or give the T2light the buff it deserves.



Hogwild_Gankhammer #42 Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 23820 battles
  • 140
  • [ROOW] ROOW
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

The idea of nerfing other tanks just to suit the needs of one is a bit poor.  Tier 3 battles aren't much of a problem for the T2 Light tbh, the tier 4 battles where it'll meet Matilda's, Hetzers, Valentine's, M3 Lee's/Grant's,AMX 40's and co. Are the problem.  It doesn't need a buff, just it's mm needs to be fixed.  

Not that it bothers me anyway, I quit low tiers a good while ago.



Fluffy_The_Destroyer #43 Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:54 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014
Without gold it cannot pen a T18 in the behind none angled, thats a tier 2 tank. it shouldent even see tier 3 with how bad the normal pen is.

Eminenz010 #44 Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:03 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25548 battles
  • 276
  • [KNOUT] KNOUT
  • Member since:
    05-09-2013

View PostHogwild_Gankhammer, on 13 February 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

The idea of nerfing other tanks just to suit the needs of one is a bit poor.  Tier 3 battles aren't much of a problem for the T2 Light tbh, the tier 4 battles where it'll meet Matilda's, Hetzers, Valentine's, M3 Lee's/Grant's,AMX 40's and co. Are the problem.  It doesn't need a buff, just it's mm needs to be fixed.  

Not that it bothers me anyway, I quit low tiers a good while ago.

 


I get ur point but since u are not affected by it u might wanna back down here.

I don't whine and cry for a T2 light buff, I merely wanted to point out it's potential lacks and suggest(thats all i wanted to do) to improve competitiveness, 
of course in way that wont make it OP.

the way to do that is -of course- to figure out by the dev team ultimately.

yaourti #45 Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5964 battles
  • 1,863
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA
  • Member since:
    04-03-2013

I like this tank and find that 30mm pen is reasonable enough, even at tier 4 you can pen most things at least in side or rear, of course you need to pick your fights if possible.

 

The view range of 260m is the worst thing about it, my US light crew have full camo and working on recon and situational awareness- they're good skills for a light crew (currently M5 grinding for Chaffee) and should help with T2, I'll fit optics next time they are on sale (currently run vents/camonet/binos) and should get view range on the move over 300m.

 

BIA could eventually add more.

 

So the right crew skills and equipment can really negate this drawback quite well.



Thumbnail #46 Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:59 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17480 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012
T2 Light + tier IV battle = possibilities for Orliks medals. I don't see the downside :)

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #47 Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostThumbnail, on 27 February 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

T2 Light + tier IV battle = possibilities for Orliks medals. I don't see the downside :)

 

The fact you cant pen majority of tier 4 tanks even with gold?

Thumbnail #48 Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17480 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    05-01-2012

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 27 February 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

 

The fact you cant pen majority of tier 4 tanks even with gold?

 

Then don't attack them... You have the speed to choose which targets to engage ;)

T2 Light can still pen every tier IV TD and artillery.

 

It's the way how you should drive all light tanks with sprayguns.



Fluffy_The_Destroyer #49 Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014
In a meta of corridors and derp guns, i highly doubt you get a choice in what target you want to shoot at.

3Form #50 Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18246 battles
  • 1,830
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010

View PostHeilige_Eminenz, on 11 February 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

I like the T2 Light, but it direly needs at least a goldammo-pen buff.

I don't use Gold, save a few exceptions, since u can make this thing work without it. in the most cases.

BUT

 

http://wotreplays.com/site/1612063#himmelsdorf-heilige_eminenz-t2_light_tank

n game w it, until I came up to a Tier III  D2.

circled, shoot 4-5mags, 2 of em Gold on his REAR.

Not a chance in hell, bounced every shot. Now this shouldn't be possible, either nerf the D2's backarmour or give the T2light the buff it deserves.

 

Tank inspector shows that the flat part of the rear is actually stronger than the sloped part. The sloped part is 10mm thick, as long as you are close enough so as to shoot slightly downwards on it, ie. not autobounce, then your 20mm will get 2x overmatch and you should be able to pen with standard ammo.

yaourti #51 Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5964 battles
  • 1,863
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA
  • Member since:
    04-03-2013

View Post3Form, on 27 February 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

 

Tank inspector shows that the flat part of the rear is actually stronger than the sloped part. The sloped part is 10mm thick, as long as you are close enough so as to shoot slightly downwards on it, ie. not autobounce, then your 20mm will get 2x overmatch and you should be able to pen with standard ammo.

 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you need calibre 3x armour for overmatch.

3Form #52 Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:13 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18246 battles
  • 1,830
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010

View Postyaourti, on 27 February 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you need calibre 3x armour for overmatch.

 

3x overmatch to ignore the richochet rule, 2x overmatch increases normalisation IIRC.

Eila_Juutilainen #53 Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:56 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21476 battles
  • 3,884
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View Post3Form, on 27 February 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

 

3x overmatch to ignore the richochet rule, 2x overmatch increases normalisation IIRC.

 

Yup

yaourti #54 Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:46 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5964 battles
  • 1,863
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA
  • Member since:
    04-03-2013

View Post3Form, on 27 February 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

 

3x overmatch to ignore the richochet rule, 2x overmatch increases normalisation IIRC.

 


Okay, thanks I didn't know about that.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #55 Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View Postyaourti, on 28 February 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

 


Okay, thanks I didn't know about that.

 

Understandable. 90% of people dont understand game mechanics because WG fail to provide such info.

Mali_Skakavac #56 Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:52 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9926 battles
  • 43
  • Member since:
    06-15-2015

It s OK tank in tier 2 battle :)

 

My first Master :medal:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1969760#mines-tonce-t2_light_tank



Fluffy_The_Destroyer #57 Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostMali_Skakavac, on 21 June 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

It s OK tank in tier 2 battle :)

 

My first Master :medal:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1969760#mines-tonce-t2_light_tank

 

lets see you get master in tier 4 matchup :D

Mali_Skakavac #58 Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:16 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9926 battles
  • 43
  • Member since:
    06-15-2015

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 22 June 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

lets see you get master in tier 4 matchup :D

 

:D :D LOL



Typh0n #59 Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10562 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    04-23-2012

funny thing is that the tetrarch is pretty competitive even in tier 4 and only sees tier 3 :teethhappy:

I'd gladly platoon with t2 light's in my tetrarch :B



Fluffy_The_Destroyer #60 Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53 battles
  • 4,402
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View PostTyph0n, on 23 June 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

funny thing is that the tetrarch is pretty competitive even in tier 4 and only sees tier 3 :teethhappy:

I'd gladly platoon with t2 light's in my tetrarch :B

Tetrach has 121pen. thats as much as my KV-220 GOLD pen at tier 5. and standard kv-1 pen at tier 5 is 120pen.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users