Silentstalker slanders Wargaming, and me, yet again.

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

lonigus #161 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 33143 battles
  • [T-ESA] T-ESA

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

I've tried the Yamazaki 12yr/o and can't say I liked it but the 18yr/o is seriously nice. Unfortunaelty the price of it has rocketed in the last few years from when bought a bottle.

Ooooh they have a Yamazaki 18yr/o in my local pub, but a small glass costs 40 Euro so I politely said "no thx" to that offer... lol

jabster #162 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12627 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostKartoffelmos, on 03 December 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

True, "famous" clans will get more attention because they're famous (and/or is somehow expected to act differently), but on the other hand, the "play-for-fun" crowd is less likely to start harassing other players because they are, after all, just playing for fun.

Having said that, I enjoy most types of liquor, being vodka, aquavit, cognac or even sake, but I never could stand the taste of whisky. Maybe it's because I only have been served the cheap stuff and I'm not really prepared to spend 50 Euros on something that I may/may not enjoy.

One of the problems with whiskey is that it covers such a wide range of drinks which all they have in common is the made in basically the same way.

You really need to do some tasting to find which, if any, ones you like as just going for the get something that's expensive is probably going to leave you disappointed.

Sake, like that especially some of the unfiltered ones.

Condor1976 #163 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5064 battles
  • [KWA] KWA

View PostMav75, on 03 December 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

those may (depending on mood) have a drop of water added.

May I give a suggestion? Instead of adding a drop of water, try warming the whiskey by holding the glass in your hands. Then give a quick blow in the glass to remove the fumes containing the acetones. Gives you a better effect then adding water. It basicly does the same, but a bit more subtle.

View PostBrokenWing, on 03 December 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

OMG Russian bias!

Not necessarily, best vodka I had was Polish (Bison Brand Grasovka). :hiding:

Edited by Condor1976, 03 December 2014 - 01:26 PM.

jabster #164 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12627 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postlonigus, on 03 December 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Ooooh they have a Yamazaki 18yr/o in my local pub, but a small glass costs 40 Euro so I politely said "no thx" to that offer... lol

If you want to see supply and demand in action then that's it. I bought a bottle probably five years ago and it was about £60. Now you can't get change out of £150.

Someone I know did make quite a bit of money out of it by buying a couple of crates to then sell on at a later date. The advantage of working in a whisky shop I suppose!

Edited by jabster, 03 December 2014 - 01:18 PM.

zikkon #165 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37295 battles
  • [WHYOU] WHYOU

View PostCondor1976, on 03 December 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Not necessarily, best vodka I had was Polisch (Bison Brand). :hiding:

I don't like apple juice (which is the reference partner for Bison vodka in Poland) so i'm not quite fond of that mix.

If i had enough of straight vodke first on the other hand i think every kind of alcohol is decent at least :)

Galleoth #166 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14699 battles

View PostSilentstalkerFTR, on 03 December 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

Sad indeed, people who are so consumed by their statistics that they can't imagine that there are people out there who do not care in the slightest. Never will understand that. I mean, what is so hard to understand with the fact that if a clan of tomatoes invokes Hitler and wishes cancer, it's absolutely the same that when an unicum clan does it? Only, I don't see any tomato clans doing that, I see only EFE members and such doing it actively and en masse.

Stats are just a unified measurement system, which doesn't essentially define who is good, it's only used so you can draw a quick conclusion based on avaraged data without having to watch hundreds/thousands of replays of said person.

Then again AFAIK you were the one with anti-semitist qoute, or it doesn't count unless it contains the word "hitler"?

VeryRisky #167 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

General

• Player
  • 18317 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I agree on Islay whiskey, though Campbeltown and Island malts are alos interesting.   Ideally I'd have Lagavulin, but it's been a while due to cost.  Laphroaig is more likely to show up on offer.

Shnuks #168 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38795 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postxxlguru, on 03 December 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

I am human to. I do understand decay. I became more toxic as well. Disregarding how hard I was trying not to. I hope you can come to same level you have had in your early work and I thing FTR is no brain-er for any WoT Player. Must read material. I hope you will grow out of dark you went in. 

Also like I have said I am against protectionist BS that protects bad and punishes good people for exposing bad people. Like on TV child molester and killer and his eyes and name is covered? Kill mofo. Kill him on city squire and show it to everyone from 8 years old. Let them see what will happen if they become like that.

There fo I am for Punishment. Punisher style and Charles Bronson Death Wish style. I honor your Wall of Shame.

I like info I get and respect value and time invested. Thanks for that.

Just I have had enough of useless fire fights and discussions and no where leading slam talk.

On the Forum I respect work of Forumites more then your input sorry. Your ability to recognize that attitude might be wrong is admirable and I respect you for that.

Best wishes.

Well its a good thing you're not in charge then, isn't it? I love some 12th century ideas, but most of us have moved on...

Kartoffelmos #169 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20720 battles

View Postjabster, on 03 December 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

One of the problems with whiskey is that it covers such a wide range of drinks which all they have in common is the made in basically the same way.

You really need to do some tasting to find which, if any, ones you like as just going for the get something that's expensive is probably going to leave you disappointed.

Sake, like that especially some of the unfiltered ones.

I know that, but the price tag wasn't referring to an especially expensive whiskey (curse you, Norwegian liquor policies! :izmena:), as most of the bottles is in the 40-50 Euro range, while the expensive stuff sits at 80+ Euros. I'm guessing (and I'm probably right) that the usual whiskey served over here is Jack Daniels (or some of the other "famous" stuff) and that is why I dislike the taste. Maybe I'll head over to the liquor store before Christmas and try some of the lesser known brands. 

Shnuks #170 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38795 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

If you don't get the difference between 50$ whiskey and 300$ whiskey you haven't drunk enough of it.

Edited by Shnuks, 03 December 2014 - 01:33 PM.

BrokenWing #171 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25785 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I was told in a whiskey tasting session to never drink more than 2 measures of a good single malt in one sitting (a measure being maybe 2 fingers or 1 and a half if you're particularly sausage-fingered).

After that, you'll just not appreciate the taste, you might as well be drinking some blended shite.

Like a lot of whiskey noobs I started off on the sweet & light stuff like Balvennie Doublewood and Arran, but I've graduated to something with a bit more smoke like Jura or Connemara. 

I once described a session on the real smoky Ardbeg as "feeling like I'd spent the evening licking the walls of a burnt-out thatch cottage". Just too strong for my (current) tastes.

My mate swears by Lagavulin, but I've only tasted it once while very drunk on an Italian climbing trip, so can't vouch for it!

He was paying, so I'm sure I made all the right noises to keep him happy though.

Oo-er!

Edited by BrokenWing, 03 December 2014 - 01:36 PM.

Path64 #172 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27262 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Best Liquor and cookies thread EVAH!

xxlguru #173 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42725 battles

View PostShnuks, on 03 December 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Well its a good thing you're not in charge then, isn't it? I love some 12th century ideas, but most of us have moved on...

What you one of those  I would crucify publicly? Only those gotta be afraid :smile: I am fair and just. :smile:

Edited by xxlguru, 03 December 2014 - 01:35 PM.

yaourti #174 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5964 battles
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA
I made an onion tart yesterday- it was absolutely delicious! :popcorn:

Adwaenyth #175 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19514 battles
  • [F_D] F_D

View PostBrokenWing, on 03 December 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

I was told in a whiskey tasting session to never drink more than 2 measures of a good single malt in one sitting (a measure being maybe 2 fingers or 1 and a half if you're particularly sausage-fingered).

After that, you'll just not appreciate the taste, you might as well be drinking some blended shite.

Like a lot of whiskey noobs I started off on the sweet & light stuff like Balvennie Doublewood and Arran, but I've graduated to something with a bit more smoke like Jura or Connemara. 

I once described a session on the real smoky Ardbeg as "feeling like I'd spent the evening licking the walls of a burnt-out thatch cottage". Just too strong for my (current) tastes.

My mate swears by Lagavulin, but I've only tasted it once while very drunk on an Italian climbing trip, so can't vouch for it!

He was paying, so I'm sure I made all the right noises to keep him happy though.

Oo-er!

Ardbeg and Lagavulin are good whiskies but I prefer Caol Ila. It's less fruity and exactly right for my taste. Do also like the Connemara though.

zikkon #176 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37295 battles
  • [WHYOU] WHYOU
Waifu says i make the absolutely best chocolate muffins ever even though i prefer regular white muffins the most.

Mav75 #177 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32157 battles

It looks like slim pickings on the Japanese whiskys here (thanks Alko): Akashi Japanese Blended Whisky and Nikka Miyagikyo Single Malt 10 Years Old. And they're both pretty pricey as well (40 Euros for the Akashi (0.5 litre) and 85 for the Nikka).

For vodka I'd recommend Finladia. Absolut and Stolichnaya shouldn't be bad either.

Infektid #178 Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42563 battles
  • [FECK] FECK
Stop derailing this topic you bad bad boys.

Let's have serious discussions here and take advantage of a WoT GOD being here with us poor euros, let us learn!!

Garbad in your not humble opinion what is the best arty for xvm guided bombardment of unicums?

Thank you.

Murphy1up #179 Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11258 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

As this topic is descending into off topics and not really something related to discussion of the game, moving to off topic.

To clarify a few things.

Discussing bans on the NA forums is not something against the rules on the EU forums as they are totally separate databases moderated by different teams.  It's not like players banned on EU forums have never started posting on NA when their EU ban took place. I'd like to ask Garbad and Silentstalker to keep their differences off the forums.  

Garbad:  If you don't care about internet/forum points then I don't see why you'd post this topic on the EU forums.  From speaking to you in the past and knowing a bit about you I doubt you seriously care about what the readers or Silentstalker thinks about you.

When you're looking for readership numbers there is no better news that "drama news" truth or not and people need to remember that and not get drawn in.

Edited by Ectar, 03 December 2014 - 02:02 PM.

SilentstalkerFTR #180 Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51 battles

View PostEctar, on 03 December 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

As this topic is descending into off topics and not really something related to discussion of the game, moving to off topic.

I'd like to ask Garbad and Silentstalker to keep their differences off the forums.  

Roger that.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users