Jump to content


T21-worst tier 6 scout after AMX12?


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

KomissarBojanchev #1 Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:55 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 6573 battles
  • 93
  • Member since:
    11-28-2011

I'm now grinding through the T21 and I've got to say its the most worthless light tank i've played in after the AMX 12t.

 

Lets sum the T21 up:

A  tank with the hp and armor of a scout but  thats as big and slow(or slower as many tier 6 mediums actually are actually faster than this thing) as medium. As a result 95% of the time the enemy sees and rapidly destroys you before you even glimpse them thus making that good radio never useful. Its relatively good agility is made worthless by its low by scout standards speed and large size. Its light tank dueling ability is largely hampered by its relatively low hp pool and impossibility of a ricochet.  In conclusion the T21 is weaknesses different tank classes(medium's size and speed, scout's hp and armor) molded into one.


Edited by KomissarBojanchev, 03 December 2014 - 05:00 PM.


guest273 #2 Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 35925 battles
  • 2,533
  • [JORM] JORM
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
Grind it in strongholds or team battles.

Baldrickk #3 Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32167 battles
  • 16,886
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

Agility >> speed

 

Epic gun dep

 

good gun

 

Who cares about armour in a scout? you take a shot - you're doing it wrong.

 

It may be wide and long for a scout  (actually, it isn't, it just looks that way) but it is low. Which makes it easy to hide behind bushes whereas taller scouts like the bulldog would remain exposed.


Edited by Baldrickk, 03 December 2014 - 05:57 PM.


joyuesp #4 Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 54876 battles
  • 7,704
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    01-22-2012

dont go yolo, scouts arent meant for suicidescouting.

 

t21 works fine and altrough it was powercreeped by the t37 the skill of the player does more than the tank.

 

 



Ryuuteimaru #5 Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1409 battles
  • 323
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013

View PostBaldrickk, on 03 December 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

 

It may be wide and long for a scout  (actually, it isn't, it just looks that way) but it is low. Which makes it easy to hide behind bushes whereas taller scouts like the bulldog would remain exposed.

 

It's actually massive for a light tank which is natural as it's just a T20 striped of most of it's armor..

Gruminmor #6 Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:47 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14749 battles
  • 1,389
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2012
I quite like the T21. But then I liked the T20, and both play similar. And as Baldrikk said, if you get hit you're doing it wrong.

MrClark56 #7 Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:41 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 7373 battles
  • 2,525
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013
OP, i feel you, i finally got the 60k exp required to unlock the t71 after 94 battles, i have to say i hate the T21, its gun is crap and never hits the target when you need it to.. you can't scout like other scouts, you really have to be sneaky and flank..and run..i prefer the t37 much much more.. i am selling this tank at my next log in.. all i can say is grind it through the X2, X3, X5 days..

w_o_t_q #8 Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23983 battles
  • 680
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
  • Member since:
    11-16-2013
Problem with T21 is other light tanks .... Amx 12t , T37, 59-16 .... It need some distinct feature I would vote for dpm increase. I has it before T71, nice tank problem I have Amx 12t, T37 and I wouldn't keep tank if it hasn't some cool feature in this caser dpm increase will help out ..

Obsessive_Compulsive #9 Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 28763 battles
  • 8,481
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostBaldrickk, on 03 December 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

Agility >> speed

 

Epic gun dep

 

good gun

 

Who cares about armour in a scout? you take a shot - you're doing it wrong.

 

It may be wide and long for a scout  (actually, it isn't, it just looks that way) but it is low. Which makes it easy to hide behind bushes whereas taller scouts like the bulldog would remain exposed.

 

I met a t21 on the hill on himmelsdorf. I was in my t37. it had the edge in snap shots and gun depression.. I took more than I gave.. it appears to have strengths!!



IronSpear #10 Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:02 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25579 battles
  • 1,694
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012
Don't know what your problem is. AMX 12t is the perfect passive spotter assassin. Scouting is not only about driving around like a idiot and yolo around until it gets you killed.

azakow #11 Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 83196 battles
  • 5,023
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostKomissarBojanchev, on 03 December 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

I'm now grinding through the T21 and I've got to say its the most worthless light tank i've played in after the AMX 12t.

 

Lets sum the T21 up:

A  tank with the hp and armor of a scout but  thats as big and slow(or slower as many tier 6 mediums actually are actually faster than this thing) as medium. As a result 95% of the time the enemy sees and rapidly destroys you before you even glimpse them thus making that good radio never useful. Its relatively good agility is made worthless by its low by scout standards speed and large size. Its light tank dueling ability is largely hampered by its relatively low hp pool and impossibility of a ricochet.  In conclusion the T21 is weaknesses different tank classes(medium's size and speed, scout's hp and armor) molded into one.

A very typical assessment at 4k matches.

I suggest to either learn more about LT6+ gameplay, or proceed in some MT line to tier 10 and come back to LTing in 2k+ matches again.



Inkarnadine #12 Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:10 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6786 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

I am still grinding mine. Someone compared it to the T20 and I believe that is fitting.

 

Your mobility is pretty good, but everyone that hits you will penetrate. Saying "Just don't get hit" doesn't really help anyone though.

I'd say, like the T20, you have to play it reeeaaally slowly. That means don't rush to the spots that light tanks usually claim first, like the hill on Mines. Every enemy tank you meet will eat you alive in a one-on-one. Stay behind other scouts until you believe that most of the enemy tanks that usually make first contact are spotted or possibly engaged. THEN you go and try to find a bush to spot from. Don't think of joining the fray until the very end. On maps like Himmelsdorf i actually stay behind until one side has pushed into the other and then try to get some shots in or find a gap to rush for the enemy arty.

 

Also don't trust your gun, like the gun on the T20 it is somewhat unreliable. The aimtime and accuracy are pretty poor and you will bounce a lot.

 

I sometimes feel like a jerk and I still die a lot (it is impossible to stay hidden at all times), but I think the T21 is at most a Scavenger. On Prokhorovka I sometimes barely fire an aimed shot.


Edited by Inkarnadine, 07 December 2014 - 11:11 PM.


KomissarBojanchev #13 Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 6573 battles
  • 93
  • Member since:
    11-28-2011

View Postazakow, on 04 December 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

A very typical assessment at 4k matches.

I suggest to either learn more about LT6+ gameplay, or proceed in some MT line to tier 10 and come back to LTing in 2k+ matches again.

 

Do you think I'm grinding it because I want to? The only reason i'm losing with it is because i want to the get the T57.

hajvej #14 Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 32145 battles
  • 50
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

View PostKomissarBojanchev, on 03 December 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

I'm now grinding through the T21 and I've got to say its the most worthless light tank i've played in after the AMX 12t.

 

Lets sum the T21 up:

A  tank with the hp and armor of a scout but  thats as big and slow(or slower as many tier 6 mediums actually are actually faster than this thing) as medium. As a result 95% of the time the enemy sees and rapidly destroys you before you even glimpse them thus making that good radio never useful. Its relatively good agility is made worthless by its low by scout standards speed and large size. Its light tank dueling ability is largely hampered by its relatively low hp pool and impossibility of a ricochet.  In conclusion the T21 is weaknesses different tank classes(medium's size and speed, scout's hp and armor) molded into one.

 

maybe its bad because you suck at wot, its probably that so you better improve your gameplay..

MrClark56 #15 Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 7373 battles
  • 2,525
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

View Posthajvej, on 10 December 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

 

maybe its bad because you suck at wot, its probably that so you better improve your gameplay..

 

Even though he does need to improve, it must be nice of you to look down on him or other tomatoes with your stats... and say such things.. i just hope when i reach your amount of battles i won't be as condescending as you are.. although i have met some people with same number of battles who actually talk sense..

 

some people find some tanks really bad because they do not fit their play style.. 

 

MrC


Edited by MrClark56, 11 December 2014 - 07:33 AM.


soolerman #16 Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:52 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24366 battles
  • 1,218
  • Member since:
    12-10-2012
When I had my one I ended up just hitting R three times at the start of each battle. If a red tank came across my gun I would shoot. But that was about it till I died or got to the red arty. Simply the worst tank I have ever had. But on the bright side the T71 is a monster and so much fun.

joyuesp #17 Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 54876 battles
  • 7,704
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    01-22-2012

View PostRyuuteimaru, on 03 December 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

 

It's actually massive for a light tank which is natural as it's just a T20 striped of most of it's armor..

 

because t20 has armor, hahahahahahahaa

tumppi776 #18 Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 48320 battles
  • 2,498
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014

I think OP forgot MT-25 - now that's one POS :-)

 

but I do agree that T21 is useless. T37 should be used 100% of time instead of T21.



KomissarBojanchev #19 Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 6573 battles
  • 93
  • Member since:
    11-28-2011

View Posthajvej, on 10 December 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

 

maybe its bad because you suck at wot, its probably that so you better improve your gameplay..

 

Oh ,we have an Ahole ad hominem user tough guy here... 

 

My stats in other light tanks(BT-7, AMX ELC, and T-46) arent good but they're much better than the T21 and I'm far more comfortable with them.



Gruminmor #20 Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14749 battles
  • 1,389
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2012

View Postsoolerman, on 11 December 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

When I had my one I ended up just hitting R three times at the start of each battle. If a red tank came across my gun I would shoot. But that was about it till I died or got to the red arty. Simply the worst tank I have ever had. But on the bright side the T71 is a monster and so much fun.

 

 21k battles and you've learnt nothing. Why bother even playing this game?

Edited by Gruminmor, 12 December 2014 - 06:11 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users