Give away prize tank to another player?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

RNGsama #1 Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 39655 battles
  • [MACE] MACE

Hi all, if possible I'd like some of the moderators (or someone who will be distributing the prizes for the campaign) to provide a response to this.

Will it be possible for me (if hypothetically I do end up being eligible to receive a prize tank for being in the top 11,000 in the alley of fame) to give my tank to a fellow clan member who didn't make the cut?

Salvothegamer #2 Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23270 battles
  • [2SH] 2SH

I am pretty sure they will not do such thing. You earn these tanks by playing so if your friend wants the tank he has to play unfortunatly.

Murphy1up #3 Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View PostHellDiv3r, on 04 December 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Hi all, if possible I'd like some of the moderators (or someone who will be distributing the prizes for the campaign) to provide a response to this.

Will it be possible for me (if hypothetically I do end up being eligible to receive a prize tank for being in the top 11,000 in the alley of fame) to give my tank to a fellow clan member who didn't make the cut?

Sadly no, the trading of tanks between account is not something we support under any circumstances.

Azusa_right_in_the_pusah #4 Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23616 battles
As you can sell it then, there would be options for abuse

Usertmp #5 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Translator
  • 23901 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostEctar, on 08 December 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

Sadly no, the trading of tanks between account is not something we support under any circumstances.

And what if the tank never reaches its 'original' account but is immediately put on the other account? The tank won't be moved from one account to another and thus it isn't a transfer or trade.

Edited by Usertmp, 17 December 2014 - 03:49 PM.

Keyhand #6 Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 59553 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostEctar, on 08 December 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

View PostUsertmp, on 17 December 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

And what if the tank never reaches its 'original' account but is immediately put on the other account? The tank won't be moved from one account to another and thus it isn't a transfer or trade.

It would still be trading a tank between accounts, so the answer would remain no.

Also, the problem of some selling the tank still remains valid.

Murphy1up #7 Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View PostUsertmp, on 17 December 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

You're still trying to transfer something from 1 account to another. The 2nd account didn't win the contest/event so isn't eligible for the tank. Regardless of the hypothetical situations you can think up, we don't transfer things like content prizes or Clan Wars rewards to different accounts. The reward always goes to the account that participated/won as participation and winning is a condition of these contests/events. It's not something tangible for the winner to sell/trade off to another player.

godmonkey #8 Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21636 battles
ectar you big meanie i wanted to make mega profit$$$ for selling my tenks...but evil WG always blocks my cunning plans...

an0ther #9 Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31691 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEctar, on 18 December 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

You're still trying to transfer something from 1 account to another. 

I don't mind, just keep the goods coming    :trollface:

Murphy1up #10 Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postan0ther, on 18 December 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

I don't mind, just keep the goods coming    :trollface:

I see what you did there...

Laatikkomafia #11 Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
So all of a sudden, WG EU has rules? D:

Botting: ok.
Modding the POV of ta.. sky c.. arties: ok.
Cheating in CW: ok.

But..

Giving a tank to another player (basicly like in the gift shop, but without money):

Edited by Laatikkomafia, 19 December 2014 - 06:58 AM.

Usertmp #12 Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Translator
  • 23901 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 19 December 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

So all of a sudden, WG EU has rules? D:

Botting: ok.
Modding the POV of ta.. sky c.. arties: ok.
Cheating in CW: ok.

But..

Giving a tank to another player (basicly like in the gift shop, but without money):

Talking about CW rigging... WG Asia said this: http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/cw/conclusion-clan-wars-3rd-campaign/

Block Quote

To ensure players have the deserved opportunity of obtaining a reward tank, we will manually credit players ranked between 2001 and 2250 with the default (Object 907) prize tank after thorough investigation.

If only WG EU expanded the Top with ~10%...

Edited by Usertmp, 19 December 2014 - 07:40 AM.

Greg22 #13 Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39361 battles

Yeah Yeah, all the above is simply a side talk......

if someone wants to cheat, there is always a way possible. In a hypothetical basis, someone from a not so good clan could contact a high profile member of a "unicum" clan and ask to pay money (or gold) so he can join FOR ONE DAY with them and simply play in the campaign during the final stage. After 6 or seven victories, the amount of Fame Points he will get can grand him a prize tank without a question. Those top clans are enjoying so much bonuses for owning some territories on the global map, that is so much easier for them to farm personal points and certainly boost and some third party accounts.

I am just saying that some people bust their guts to play in a competitive level FOR A HOLE MONTH during the campaign, in contrast with some others who just play for a day and earn more than 100 000 FP. Its disappointing........

What can you say about that?

Do you agree that this whole system of fame points needs some revision or it is just my wrong judgement here?

Is it possible -as things remain at their current form- for some guys to simply skip some steps and climb to the top of the prize ladder with ease, after an agreement with the right people (or even with no agreement)??

Please respond.......

elwoodblues23 #14 Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51503 battles
  • [_OC_] _OC_

agreed.

Why not give it a goal, let's say 80k - 100k fame points. Makes it easier to plan ahead and will cause a lot less friction among clan members of smaller clans that can't field 60 players every night. I mean after all it doesn't cost wargaming more to give out more tanks, since you are not able to buy them anyway.

Edited by elwoodblues23, 19 December 2014 - 07:27 PM.

SunSkaRe #15 Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40646 battles

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 19 December 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

No... not like in gift shop. Tanks in gift shop you buy them for a set price. A reward tank you cant buy it so if I wanted to for example "give" my reward tank to someone else imagine how much I could ask for it on "the black market" so to say. (and people would have to pay to get it... its not like they could just say "meh for that I will buy it from the gift shop for 50 euro instead

View PostGreg22, on 19 December 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

Those top clans are enjoying so much bonuses for owning some territories on the global map, that is so much easier for them to farm personal points and certainly boost and some third party accounts.

I am just saying that some people bust their guts to play in a competitive level FOR A HOLE MONTH during the campaign, in contrast with some others who just play for a day and earn more than 100 000 FP. Its disappointing........

Really? Top clans are enjoying bonuses from owning territories cause they are better then other clans trying to do the same. Campaign started with a clear map remember? Its not like "top clans" started with any bonus over any other clan.

So its obvious if a clan is better then others it will win more, and its easier for them to get more tanks to their members.

Its irrelevant if you play in competitive level for a month... its a competition, you dont get rewarded for participation you get rewarded for achievements, for regularity (basically for winning time over and over again)

You wanted to make a football league where the last in the table will get same rewards of the 1st cause they played the same amount of matches in a season instead of being relegated to a lower division? lol or you want instead to complain how the winner had better players then the last one and so was easier for them to win that league? (cause yes it is the same thing, campaigns in WoT are a competition not a grind to a tank with specific targets, "make 500k XP over 30 days"... its a "perform better then the rest" kind of game)

View Postelwoodblues23, on 19 December 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Why not give it a goal, let's say 80k - 100k fame points. Makes it easier to plan ahead and will cause a lot less friction among clan members of smaller clans that can't field 60 players every night. I mean after all it doesn't cost wargaming more to give out more tanks, since you are not able to buy them anyway.

Giving more tanks cause they dont cost for WG... I'm sure all players that didnt win a tank will agree, and probably all that won it will disagree.

A reward is as valuable as it is hard and rare... The less tanks WG give the more desired the tank becomes. (check the type59 for example... everyone wants one... why? the tank aint that good, there are better premiums to make credits, there are tanks with better gameplay... the tank is not even as good as it was when it filled the random games... but you cant buy one, and currently only get it through winning some special event or through some luck to win a bonus code WG give away)

The object 907 in this case, you think people want it cause it is better than any of the other 3 russian tier X meds already in the game (and that everyone can get simply by grinding)?

And I dont agree with setting a target fame point for getting the tank... what fun would it be to get to the end of 1st stage and go "ok guys I already got the 100k fame needed for the tank... enjoy campaign I'm going on vacation"

That said yes I agree the current fame point system is not perfect by any means... I dont even get the point of clan fame points (or victory points or whatever you call it).

Most clans (99% ?) are more concerned with getting tanks to their members then to what clan position they end up in the end. Which clan would prefer being 1st and only getting 15 tanks to their members over being 80th and getting 100 tanks? (yes I know RSOP did both things, grats guys)

Just saying that in a way it would be more logic to simply award a clan a number of tanks depending on their classification in the end (yes its far from a perfect solution and far from avoid exploiting but at least clans would be fighting to get a better rank rather than for how many players need to play how many games to win a tank lol that always looked dumb to me) Its a clan after all so all members should work for the better of the clan... the better the clan does the better rewards they get... but well thats just me 

(yeah even 1st campaign rewarding first 30 clans made more sense to me than this fame points does now... but well if objective is to give more tanks to players yeah its a lot easier to win a tank now in any clan)

Edited by SunSkaRe, 19 December 2014 - 10:27 PM.

Greg22 #16 Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39361 battles

View PostHellDiv3r, on 04 December 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

View PostSunSkaRe, on 20 December 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

No... not like in gift shop. Tanks in gift shop you buy them for a set price. A reward tank you cant buy it so if I wanted to for example "give" my reward tank to someone else imagine how much I could ask for it on "the black market" so to say. (and people would have to pay to get it... its not like they could just say "meh for that I will buy it from the gift shop for 50 euro instead

That's why I am not a supporter of the "REWARD TANKS" Idea, at all......

It's just a teaser scheme that WG is using to create enthusiasm among "players" and provoke mass participation in the -so called- competitions.

But lets face the truth here my friends! 

We are not just "the players", we are something more.......We are the CUSTOMERS! We buy (with real money €$..) Wargaming's PRODUCTS(!) and we have the right to be able to enjoy ALL the various kinds of merchandise that this company is producing.

The tanks are the main products here and right now i see that some of them (the "REWARD" kind) are not available to us (the customers!) This is outrageous....

If you want to reward the achievements of your "players" both in a personal or a collective (Clans) level, just give gold. Gold is the issue here...not tanks.

Tanks as your main theme products should be available on the "store's shelves" so ALL your customers -if willing so- would have a chance to acquire them and enjoy them. If someone wants to play an M60 or an Obj 907 you must ensure (because they are tanks-products) that EVERYONE will have an equal opportunity to own them. Put them in the in-game tech-trees or in the gift shop so this would be possible. The current situation it's just a big injustice and an insult to all the people who choose to pay real money and get things going.

IMO this "player" title is not the correct one. We are customers who use WG's products (tanks) by PLAYING them. This is the most appropriate way to address the situation. We forgot our true role in this relationship i think.

All that being said, regarding to the initial topic now, I believe we should be able (as customers) to treat our property (the tanks) however we like......

The only legitimate issue here is that the "REWARD TANK" you didn't buy it, it was given to you, so its reasonable to have no power over it....

If you have a different point of view please comment......

PS: From this moment and on, I decided I wont participate in any campaign or competition that offers a "special" tank as a reward again........until WG fix this mistreatment

Edited by Greg22, 20 December 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Venitus #17 Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 38877 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

Why would you be entitled to a reward tank like every other player? Sometimes you have to put in some effort to get it. Just as in real life scarcity exist, not everyone can get limited products. I am aware that being a part of a above average clan made it easier for me, and some players in even better clans got with even less effort. But not getting the reward is your own fault.

You either didn't play enough, didn't had the correct vehicles, choose the wrong meta-tactics, were part of the wrong clan or something else. All these factors are in a players control.

You either play more, buy more appropriate tanks, read the rules better, changed clans or some other choice you could have made.

Greg22 #18 Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39361 battles

View PostVenitus, on 20 December 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

Why would you be entitled to a reward tank like every other player? Sometimes you have to put in some effort to get it. Just as in real life scarcity exist, not everyone can get limited products. I am aware that being a part of a above average clan made it easier for me, and some players in even better clans got with even less effort. But not getting the reward is your own fault.

I'm not saying by any circumstance that I should be entitled to a reward tank my friend, actually I am proposing the opposite. I am saying that the tanks should be accessible for everyone to enjoy, either by grinding experience and unlock them from a nation's tech-tree or by purchasing them in the gift shop with real money. That way everyone can play them at some point if they want(!).

Why do you want your efforts to be rewarded with a "special tank"???. A simple amount of Gold shouldn't be enough??? Why do you want to drive a "unique" tank that so few are considering  privileged to have??? Do you want people to feel jealous about you having something they will never (for many reasons) have???

I am so sorry if you cannot see the injustice here...... (By "you" for this purpose I am referring to the players who achieved  high in-game stats and they belong to a successful clan)

Besides, this game is all about tanks and there's no moral point in trying to reserve some of them for a small group of people. This attitude just mess up the whole idea of the game (which is the experience of driving some virtual tanks!)....  I believe that the most suitable reward for the achievement of high level skill among the "players" or the quality distinction between clans and their level of team-play, should be simply the gold. People should demand this. Gold as a reward (and i mean a lot of gold obviously) should be the only way for someone to feel truly satisfied for his/her achievements. Giving some unique tanks is just a way for WG to get away cheaply from its real responsibilities... think about it.  After putting all this time and effort in playing these competitions/campaigns, wouldn't be more rewarding to get paid with some gold for your achievements??? Lets say... 20000 gold for everybody who does well??? Isn't this some true profit for your effort and level of skill? These are translated to real money you had to spend otherwise...(!) Why a reward tank should be involved? This tanks cost nothing tangible to WG except the man hours put down to create the first one and then copy them to a large number of accounts maybe......its money of course, but it's nothing comparable with the possibility of 11000 people not buying their gold because WG gave them that amount for free as a reward (!). Do you see that? 

My friend, let me explain you the difference between real money and what possible issues it causes if it is used for the purchase of tanks by somebody, in contrast with the "unique reward tank" system.

__First, when you see a premium (€$) tank being played by someone in a battle, you may think, "Oh, I want one of those! How much does it cost? Hmmm, I may not have the money right now.....O.K, I will try and save some and after some time I will buy it....(OR)....This is not for me, I don't like it, I wont buy it. You don't say, "Oh, look at him! He is so privileged, he is driving a premium tank.... " 

It doesn't create hatred or anger among people normally.  Premium tanks are accessible to anybody and the means to get them are not impossible to anyone who wants to enjoy this game at its full specs (being in a clan or not).

Secondly, it cannot create any discrimination among people because it's only a matter of choice for any "player" whether they want to spent some money or not, for a premium tank (€$).

__The "unique reward tank" system is discriminating from its roots to begin with. The reward tank is possibly acquirable to only a part of the player base who belong in a clan. What about those who don't want to be in a clan? They should be excluded? Is this fair? No, it's not. Last time i checked, it was a matter of choice for anybody to enlist in a clan. It wasn't mandatory. Did this change recently and I am not informed??  

On the other hand, when people drive these reward tanks in random battles, they can possibly provoke other people's dislike or frustration because they didn't have a fair chance earlier to get it them selves. It's more logical to put this tanks in the game, accessible to all the players so you can avoid this tensions.   

Please let me know what you think about my opinion by making a comment...Thanks for taking the time to read this

Edited by Greg22, 20 December 2014 - 09:41 PM.

Venitus #19 Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 38877 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

I want a unique tank as sign in-game that I did well enough in a event in-game. No amount of gold can be a visualization of that. In other games you have special skins or things of the like for the same kind of achievement. I do want a recognition for my effort and gold isn't that. 

As counter for your argument let me say this:

1) Money shouldn't be the skill-cap for people to acquire certain vehicles, skill, effort participation could be. I have a A-32 from the pre-order, it is rare, and praise the lord, not for sale. It is a sign I was here from the start on, just like my M2A4E4. I did partake in the beta stage of this game. Is that also discrimination, since no one can get those tanks nowadays

​2) If you are not in a clan you can get the IM-tanks soon, put all your effort into getting a obj 260. I don't believe I will get it. And as far as I know this game is based on team effort and being part of a clan is being part of a team. It cost you nothing, only a little socialization. And even for those vehicles you have to be part of a platoon. 

You are free to have different opinion, but in my humble opinion acquiring a vehicle as recognition of a achievement in-game which is exclusive to that kind of event is a good way to motivate people to partake in that event. I do not partake in CW often, as player in S3AL, only campaigns. We focus more on randoms, platoons and strongholds. Some of us even play ESL or whatever. But getting this tanks shows me and others that I did partake in a campaign and was a bit better then others. In real life people are allowed to get Ferrari's as sign of their achievement. You could also buy one but you have to give up a lot for it, also known as effort. Therefore driving a Ferrari is a sign of dedication, either being wealthy or dedication of getting one or maybe even a combination of both. Let me drive my pixels of dedication.

Sekundenkleber #20 Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 50311 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostGreg22, on 20 December 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

Why do you want to drive a "unique" tank that so few are considering  privileged to have??? Do you want people to feel jealous about you having something they will never (for many reasons) have???

uhh.... HELL YEAH!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users