ITALERI Model Kit - Ferdinand BUILDING - Step by step

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GetFoched #1 Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18166 battles

Hello ! Here's the video you have been waiting for . I really hope you appreciate . :playing:

soolerman #2 Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
Nicely done. But I would suggest that if you film yourself doing another model you set the camera up to give a birds eye view of what you are doing. This will make it much simpler for people to follow the build. I would also suggest you get a little set of side cutters to use instead of the scissors as they do a better job of making a clean cut.

GetFoched #3 Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18166 battles

View Postsoolerman, on 08 December 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

Nicely done. But I would suggest that if you film yourself doing another model you set the camera up to give a birds eye view of what you are doing. This will make it much simpler for people to follow the build. I would also suggest you get a little set of side cutters to use instead of the scissors as they do a better job of making a clean cut.

Very nice suggestions , I'll look for a good spot to use for my Gopro. Thank you very much 

CaptainBlaubar #4 Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7708 battles

Are you adding Zimmerit?

What is that thing you have added instead of the radio operator's hatch? Never seen an Ferdi/Elefant with something like that.

Post-refitting (May 43): Bow MG, Zimmerit, toolbox on rear exhaust, commander's copula (as with later Stug versions), cover for ball mounting of gun barrel

Pre-Refitting: No MG, no Zimmerit, tool-box on side, no commander's copula.

What you have built, never existed that way.

Nonetheless, nice video.

Edited by CaptainBlaubar, 11 December 2014 - 03:44 PM.

codru_manson #5 Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12290 battles
Hey I like the video. Its nice. But I've got a problem: I would like to buy the ferdinand or the Tiger from Italeri but if I go on online shop and press the World of Tanks category button it apears: "for European market only" so I can't buy them or even see the products. WHAT SHOULD I DO?? pls help!!

CaptainBlaubar #6 Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7708 battles

View Postcodru_manson, on 14 December 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

Hey I like the video. Its nice. But I've got a problem: I would like to buy the ferdinand or the Tiger from Italeri but if I go on online shop and press the World of Tanks category button it apears: "for European market only" so I can't buy them or even see the products. WHAT SHOULD I DO?? pls help!!

(If you only care about the model, not the gold or bonus tank: DON'T BUY ITALERI AT ANY COSTS)

Buy Dragon... They have a much better Elefant.

Elefant with Zimmerit and bow machine gun:

http://www.armorama....content&id=4145

This or sth alike is what you should buy.

Ferdinand: No Zimmerit and no bo MG and no Gun shield:

http://www.armorama....content&id=8357

(Though correctly speaking both are called Ferdinand, only in retrospective they have been renamed by A.H into Elefant (all of them), way after the refitting in 1943 in Austria)

GetFoched #7 Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18166 battles

View PostCaptainBlaubar, on 14 December 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

View Postcodru_manson, on 14 December 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

(If you only care about the model, not the gold or bonus tank: DON'T BUY ITALERI AT ANY COSTS)

Buy Dragon... They have a much better Elefant.

Elefant with Zimmerit and bow machine gun:

http://www.armorama....content&id=4145

This or sth alike is what you should buy.

Ferdinand: No Zimmerit and no bo MG and no Gun shield:

http://www.armorama....content&id=8357

(Though correctly speaking both are called Ferdinand, only in retrospective they have been renamed by A.H into Elefant (all of them), way after the refitting in 1943 in Austria)

Correct. I Bought the model kit because of the Kit itself , and ALSO because of the code. So you know, it wasn't a bad deal. And yes I do know Dragon model kits are better but not by far I guess , the level of detailing is very good on Italeri's kits as well. But since I never got a Dragon (As they are not sold in my country and It would be very expensive for me to get it shipped - Meanwhile I live in the same country where Italeri is ) I cant really tell how much difference there is.:)

CaptainBlaubar #8 Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7708 battles

Ok.

Well the difference is gigantic. Especially noticeable, as your instructions seem to show the wrong way to assemble this. Notice the hooks at the superstructure? You put them in the wrong position.

Dragon and others are not sold in Italy?

Poor you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users