Renting Teamspeak Server Any Recommendations?

Teamspeak

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Strider66 #1 Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23763 battles
  • [OAP] OAP
Hi guys/gals, anyone have any recommendations for a Teamspeak hosting service/company.  As a Clan OAP, we currently rent from Gameservers London, but have been having too many problems recently.  Look forward to replies and thanks!

Yaffle1234 #2 Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

Corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 40438 battles
  • [B--R] B--R

Hiya M8ty, I use Lightspeed, rarely any issues.

In fact mine is pre-paid for several months and not presently being used, you can 'borrow it' and see for yourself if you like?

bushwacker001 #3 Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27275 battles

Had only 2 10 minute problems in 9 months and seem very stable

https://clanforge.multiplay.co.uk/

Strider66 #4 Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23763 battles
  • [OAP] OAP
Thanks guys will check them out!  Cheers!

Strider66 #5 Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23763 battles
  • [OAP] OAP
Went with bushwacker001's advice after also checking with others.  Impressed with the Multiplay setup and online controls and stats!!  Many thanks and Merry Xmas!

llVIU #6 Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 37987 battles
  • [TKSPG] TKSPG

View PostStrider66, on 11 December 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

Hi guys/gals, anyone have any recommendations for a Teamspeak hosting service/company.  As a Clan OAP, we currently rent from Gameservers London, but have been having too many problems recently.  Look forward to replies and thanks!

most elite clans that I've seen use private hosting or something called along those lines, where basically they buy some sort of key for teamspeak and just use one of their own computers to host the ts server. I asked around a bit and generally I got the same responce. I'd be very interested to hear from one of the top clans to see if they know a better host than http://www.clanplanet.co.uk/

I used 2 sites, gameservers is crapand the other site I forgot. The problem with both was that it sometimes disconnected which was devestating in the middle of cw... it was so bad that one time, for no reason at all, TWICE, all the icons and user list was deleted, that made me rage, especially since I had plenty of icons around there... but that was the problem, those 16x16 pixel little icons were the reason why those bad servers made our ts crash. That is absolutely outrageous. The server that I PAY for can't handle a bit of text and 16x16 pixel images, but 10 year olds upload stupid videos on youtube of 10 hours loops, and that's perfectly fine? But that's the truth... http://www.clanplanet.co.uk/ was the 3rd host that I used... without a doubt, that is absolutely the WORST site design I have ever seen on the internet, no competition. But at least I don't recall their servers going down even once...

so, like I said, I'd want to know too if there is a better host... one that doesn't make the ts crash because of a bit too many icons that I make on ts (from that permission list etc. ... what if I wanted to put an icon for each t10 that a user has for example... if I'd do that, the ts would frequently crash on shitty ts servers)

the only way to test a ts host is to use it a few months (at least 1 month) and do a cw with 15 people...

Also tagged with Teamspeak

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users