• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

Ahri_9_TailedFox #21 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7894 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostFROMtheSKYwithLOVE, on 14 December 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

Yea, you're right, meaningless distractions to perpetuate blind attraction of sheeple that have no idea of what's going on. This game is like a [edited]Citroen amongst the cars. That's why they're always updating and advertising, cause they have no idea how to reach the top.

Oh really?That is why RIOT released two champs within a month,right?

FROMtheSKYwithLOVE #22 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [X_O] X_O

View Postedger2020, on 13 December 2014 - 11:29 PM, said:

Are those MMO games?

I don't see how category of those games is of any relevance, and yes poker can easily be classified as MMO since it, in fact, is a massively multiplayer online game or has such version of it.

And I understand you're partaking here in order to have and possibly win an argument, hence making you feel better about yourself, but for ef sake, make a relevant one at least once.

FROMtheSKYwithLOVE #23 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [X_O] X_O

View PostAhri_9_TailedFox, on 13 December 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Oh really?That is why RIOT released two champs within a month,right?

Yes, indeed. And it's the same reason why Apple can't make a durable phone and instead blames mishandling of their piece of crap products on their customers.

Crooq_Lionfang #24 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34190 battles
  • [DUDS] DUDS

View PostFROMtheSKYwithLOVE, on 14 December 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

Chess? Poker? Do you see monthly updates being released for those games, or do they actually stay the same and people enjoy them every time they play. I don't see new cards or figures added for the sake of keeping it entertaining.

Well, English Wikipedia lists over 190 variants of chess with different rule sets. Each one of those is a form of update done to the game over the course of its existance, so no, chess hasn't stayed the same. Apparently someone found the existing game not entertaining enough and developed something new for the sake of keeping it entertaining. Havn't checked the same for poker, but from the top of my head I know that 5 card stud isn't the same as texas hold'em, and that there are also many other variants someone came up with probably for the sake of keeping it entertaining. 

Balc0ra #25 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73460 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If you want games that never gets updates ever to fix their MP or balance newly added stuff. I can name a few. Other then that. This game sees 4-5 updates a year. Small for a large online game as most  sees 20 to 30 updates a year.

And why do you have so big issues with updates anyway? Do they interfere with other stuff going on?

Ahri_9_TailedFox #26 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7894 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostFROMtheSKYwithLOVE, on 14 December 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yes, indeed. And it's the same reason why Apple can't make a durable phone and instead blames mishandling of their piece of crap products on their customers.

Yeah true that is why LoL is one of the most sucessfull moba in the world,cause actually it is a secret failure

FROMtheSKYwithLOVE #27 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [X_O] X_O

View PostCrooq_Lionfang, on 13 December 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

Well, English Wikipedia lists over 190 variants of chess with different rule sets. Each one of those is a form of update done to the game over the course of its existance, so no, chess hasn't stayed the same. Apparently someone found the existing game not entertaining enough and developed something new for the sake of keeping it entertaining. Havn't checked the same for poker, but from the top of my head I know that 5 card stud isn't the same as texas hold'em, and that there are also many other variants someone came up with probably for the sake of keeping it entertaining. 

It's not an update if the original version is still available. It's a variation. That goes for poker, 5card stud, omaha and texas hold 'em are variations, the original is still available to play. Your argument falls apart because you didn't understand a fundamental difference between an update and a variation. Try again.

Edited by FROMtheSKYwithLOVE, 14 December 2014 - 12:46 AM.

arnorwarrior #28 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:48 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15765 battles

OP obviously prefered WoT as it first came out. Two nations (Germany and Russia), no physics, completely unbalanced, only one gamemode, etc.

FROMtheSKYwithLOVE #29 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [X_O] X_O

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 December 2014 - 11:41 PM, said:

If you want games that never gets updates ever to fix their MP or balance newly added stuff. I can name a few. Other then that. This game sees 4-5 updates a year. Small for a large online game as most  sees 20 to 30 updates a year.

And why do you have so big issues with updates anyway? Do they interfere with other stuff going on?

No, they don't interfere with other stuff. And why - because I'm not feeling well and I haven't vaped my herb yet. So, I'm effing irritated by default by everything that I find of mediocre nature.

Ahri_9_TailedFox #30 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7894 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostFROMtheSKYwithLOVE, on 14 December 2014 - 01:49 AM, said:

No, they don't interfere with other stuff. And why - because I'm not feeling well and I haven't vaped my herb yet. So, I'm effing irritated by default by everything that I find of mediocre nature.

OMFA,this happens to every game,online one or a single player.They release updates they nerf and buff units,fix bugs etc

FROMtheSKYwithLOVE #31 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [X_O] X_O

View PostAhri_9_TailedFox, on 13 December 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

Yeah true that is why LoL is one of the most sucessfull moba in the world,cause actually it is a secret failure

It's a success because it successfully exploits that part of human nature where people being insecure of their own worth seek a clarification and validation of their existence. And a short rounds based game which allows you to win over other people in a matter of minutes offers just that. It's all just a huge pathetic ego boost device...very attractive to emotionally immature and insecure people indeed.

FROMtheSKYwithLOVE #32 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [X_O] X_O

View PostAhri_9_TailedFox, on 13 December 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

OMFA,this happens to every game,online one or a single player.They release updates they nerf and buff units,fix bugs etc

They "fix" bugs that they designed in the first place. That's not something they should be proud of. With every single update they are saying - we're noobs, no idea how to make a solid game, here's another try...maybe it'll work this time.

Edited by FROMtheSKYwithLOVE, 14 December 2014 - 12:57 AM.

Crooq_Lionfang #33 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34190 battles
  • [DUDS] DUDS

View PostFROMtheSKYwithLOVE, on 14 December 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

It's not an update if the original version is still available. It's a variation. That goes for poker, 5card stud, omaha and texas hold 'em are variations, the original is still available to play. Your argument falls apart because you didn't understand a fundamental difference between an update and a variation. Try again.

You would only have a point if what we understand as chess would be the original, first variant that existed. It isn't. So it certainly wasn't like that "from the get go" as you demanded. Also, it is telling that you didn't name a PC game, even though your initial post specifies "PC games". The only thing happening from the get go was your thread falling flat on its face. 

Dr_LoVe69_makesWoTgreat #34 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 55744 battles

View PostFROMtheSKYwithLOVE, on 14 December 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

I don't see how category of those games is of any relevance,

So, if engineers make a car, it is irrelevant are they making a car for race or for city driving, they need to put same engines in all of them?

View PostFROMtheSKYwithLOVE, on 14 December 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

It's a success because it successfully exploits that part of human nature where people being insecure of their own worth seek a clarification and validation of their existence. And a short rounds based game which allows you to win over other people in a matter of minutes offers just that. It's all just a huge pathetic ego boost device...very attractive to emotionally immature and insecure people indeed.

Whatever u are smoking gif us now.

Ahri_9_TailedFox #35 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7894 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostFROMtheSKYwithLOVE, on 14 December 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

They "fix" bugs that they designed in the first place. That's not something they should be proud of. With every single update they are saying - we're noobs, no idea how to make a solid game, here's another try...maybe it'll work this time.

Everything has bugs,no matter how much you will try,in the end it is going to be bugged.None is perfect thus nothing manmade is perfect.Furthermore if yout hink games are a tool to satisfy your ego then stop playing games.Also you could just stop living cause you know life is a constant fight against death,to fulfill you ego

Edited by Ahri_9_TailedFox, 14 December 2014 - 01:01 AM.

Balc0ra #36 Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73460 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostFROMtheSKYwithLOVE, on 13 December 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

So after you smoke your herb then.... I take it they have nerfed to many of your "fun" tanks of late with every update then is it? Because so far you have not given a valid reason for this "uproar".

As we pointed out. Its 4-5 updates a year counter to everysingle other online game that has 20 to 30 a year. So what makes this game so annoying with its "constant" updates then? If you play any other online game. I hate to see posts on that forum since they update several times a month constantly tweaking stuff instead of saving it for bigger updates like WOT does.

Edit: Btw is that Facebook game that totally ripped off WOT still going? It was more or less the old WOT beta with new maps. Even had the beta garage. Maybe OP will enjoy that more?

Edited by Balc0ra, 14 December 2014 - 01:01 AM.

Gordie_Lachance #37 Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40761 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

OP, if you do not like updates....please write/code/produce/market etc etc an MMO that is perfect in every way shape and form and release it into the marketplace....see you in about 10 years you pathetic scrotum of a troll :-)

Dr_LoVe69_makesWoTgreat #38 Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 55744 battles

View PostFirefly72, on 14 December 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

...see you in about 10 years you [edited before mods] of a troll :-)

He is not trolling :(

Gordie_Lachance #39 Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40761 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View Postedger2020, on 14 December 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

He is not trolling :(

Maybe not, but he defo lacks a grasp on.....well, possibly anything

FROMtheSKYwithLOVE #40 Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [X_O] X_O

View PostCrooq_Lionfang, on 13 December 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

You would only have a point if what we understand as chess would be the original, first variant that existed. It isn't. So it certainly wasn't like that "from the get go" as you demanded. Also, it is telling that you didn't name a PC game, even though your initial post specifies "PC games". The only thing happening from the get go was your thread falling flat on its face. 

Yes, it wasn't like that from the get go, but it's been hundreds of years since some update came...so what's up with continuous stream of updates that never stop and their only purpose is to stir up the mechanics. Why don't they put solid mechanics in place and actually nurture player's SKILL. The only purpose, skill-wise, of updates is to regulate the level of mastery and hence the inevitably growing distance between noobs and skilled players.

Because skill requires an investment of one's time and effort, but that's too much to ask of majority of people, duh? There should be a single way design which allows people to get ahead and crush everyone else like the pathetic cockroaches they are.

Edited by FROMtheSKYwithLOVE, 14 December 2014 - 01:17 AM.

Also tagged with updates, wot, game, no idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users