Well I just would like to say that ....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Dofolo #1 Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:03 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15992 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-

Crap like the 3rd campaign fame 'calculation' makes me never want to play CW again. And I will recommend everyone not to do as well as crap as this is possible on the last day.

The whole fame ranking is filled with people from 5 to 10 the same clans that magically rise 2500+ places an HOUR. And it has been like that the whole 3rd campaign.

It is ridiculous. It is an insult to everyone who played for 28 days. And yet another blatant disregard from WG for their customers who are paying their bills.

Edited by Dofolo, 16 December 2014 - 10:04 PM.

Muppe_SPALE #2 Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 34676 battles
  • [SPALE] SPALE
Yea, it just sucks that you dont automatically get the tank for playing everyday. It's total [edited] that you need to win some matches to earn it. Right, guys?

karipatila #3 Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21726 battles

While I share the pain of being out of the 11k we still could have made it by getting one extra battle with the land owner at pretty much any stage. The way I see it we still have a clan that didn't break apart and we didn't burn out any commanders. We actually have more callers than before the campaign.

That said, I personally dislike the idea of top clans having the choice to reward their members, who didn't see it worthwhile to participate up until the point where the reward tank was practically guaranteed for them. In those cases they are rewarded by work put in by their clan, not for their participation in the campaign. I suppose that's all well and good and within the rules.

In the end I'm actually surprised I had a good time doing the campaign. Next time we'll do our best to avoid the ESL teams and clans who only fed us technicals.

Gnomus #4 Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34484 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View PostMuppe_SPALE, on 16 December 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

Yea, it just sucks that you dont automatically get the tank for playing everyday. It's total [edited] that you need to win some matches to earn it. Right, guys?

You still needed to win battles. Having that G multiplier for personal FP and not just for Clan FP meant that good clans could bring up new players with 2-3 times the speed of fighting third stage "normal way". This in my opinion was problem. G devaluated 1st and 2nd stage achievements by big margin and giving top clans much bigger "mojo" for third stage. Even having G might not have been problem, but not knowing about it before just before end of 2nd stage was hard kick for any clan that had planned get their FP's with lower tiers or before RL/Christmas prevented them from playing.

Venitus #5 Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 38877 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Please, don't partake the next campaign, then I will be one spot higher on the alley of fame for certain. Thanks in advance.

karipatila #6 Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21726 battles

View PostVenitus, on 16 December 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

Please, don't partake the next campaign, then I will be one spot higher on the alley of fame for certain. Thanks in advance.

320 more people like that and we can actually start getting the tanks!

Paozx #7 Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11513 battles

View Postkaripatila, on 16 December 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

That said, I personally dislike the idea of top clans having the choice to reward their members,

This is not world of tanky tanks!

RaeudigerRonny #8 Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26100 battles
maybe with a better fc, qsf could have achieved more tanks? i saw them once on a random stream with a pretty good fc in companys.

Jerrycan #9 Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 44931 battles

On the previous little campaign all you needed to do to get the tank was win 1 battle, now you even need to play 2 full days to get it without top 3 multiplier.

But yeah, it gets a little harder when you dont win.

karipatila #10 Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21726 battles

View PostPaozx, on 16 December 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

This is not world of tanky tanks!

Well at least you didn't take my comment out of context :)

I don't personally care about rewards. I know exactly why we didn't get the tank - we sucked at tier 10. Even without holding land we only needed 2 wins during tier 10 or one battle with a land owner (any stage) and we would have been fine. Them's the rules hey. Next time we'll just assume noting matters until the last phase and we'll make the best of it.

Phydias #11 Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14484 battles
  • [SIEGE] SIEGE

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 16 December 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

maybe with a better fc, qsf could have achieved more tanks? i saw them once on a random stream with a pretty good fc in companys.

Well, they probably ran into an old problem again as well: Having people that want to play competitive in the campaign spread out across 3 clans (main, -C and -E). Some (temporary) merging would've prolly benefited them. But then again, I'm not in QSF anymore.

We had a good stage III in WHO, and we're happy to get 50 players comfortably in the top 11k (nr 50 is on position 8888). It took some decent dedication, but plenty of "not really top, but able to hold their own" clans will find themselves now in a similar position to us, I think: looking back at some good work and a nice (if sometimes somewhat tense) campaign experience.

Edited by Phydias, 17 December 2014 - 01:25 AM.

Kantti #12 Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23283 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View PostGnomus, on 16 December 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

You still needed to win battles. Having that G multiplier for personal FP and not just for Clan FP meant that good clans could bring up new players with 2-3 times the speed of fighting third stage "normal way". This in my opinion was problem. G devaluated 1st and 2nd stage achievements by big margin and giving top clans much bigger "mojo" for third stage. Even having G might not have been problem, but not knowing about it before just before end of 2nd stage was hard kick for any clan that had planned get their FP's with lower tiers or before RL/Christmas prevented them from playing.

Even when I usually strongly agree with your points, Gnomus, this time I have to disagree at least a bit. Minimum for G was 1,5. On average G for on-map battles was perhaps 1,75-2 as there were not so many succesfull provincehoarders. So even getting into BWO and winning it would give nearly same points as anyone else on-map was getting. We were the strong exception here, managed to push over 3 in G-value on 3 days. KAZNA might have been there on one day. Not sure if anybody else at all made consistently (meaning against any enemy, not a lucky win against us ;) ) such high modifiers. Even if you look at those who got regularly higher than average modifiers, those are nearly all top20 clans. If you look at their situation before the 3rd stage, MOST of their players were already going to get the tank. 3rd stage influenced that matter only marginally (those few outstanding ascents on alley of fame). For the majority it was still about winning matches also in third stage (on same rate than on 1st and 2nd). I am sorry that winning in stage 1-2 didn't bring the tank for so many and I agree that WG should have told the rules beforehand (DO THAT NEXT TIME WG, we have asked that after EVERY campaign), but in the end it was about winning in every stage. Not sure if there were so many clans that took majority of their tanks only by winning in 3rd stage.

For comparison we (RSOP) made 4,5m player FP's in first stage, about 2m in 2nd as it was impossible to maximixe amount of games AND fight for citadels and around 10m in the last stage. And please note that we were in our own league in 3rd stage due to ability to maximize number of our provinces better than anybody else (KAZNA got close by having insane amount of battles but in the end it was not enough, 1,5m difference to them in this stage). 10th best clan in 3rd stage did only same amount of FP as we did in first stage, 50th best did half of that. Yes, there was some power creep, but looking only top clans highly exaggerates the effect of it on other klanus. 

Time_To_BurN #13 Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28789 battles

View PostKantti, on 17 December 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

Even when I usually strongly agree with your points, Gnomus, this time I have to disagree at least a bit. Minimum for G was 1,5. On average G for on-map battles was perhaps 1,75-2 as there were not so many succesfull provincehoarders. So even getting into BWO and winning it would give nearly same points as anyone else on-map was getting. We were the strong exception here, managed to push over 3 in G-value on 3 days. KAZNA might have been there on one day. Not sure if anybody else at all made consistently (meaning against any enemy, not a lucky win against us ;) ) such high modifiers. Even if you look at those who got regularly higher than average modifiers, those are nearly all top20 clans. If you look at their situation before the 3rd stage, MOST of their players were already going to get the tank. 3rd stage influenced that matter only marginally (those few outstanding ascents on alley of fame). For the majority it was still about winning matches also in third stage (on same rate than on 1st and 2nd). I am sorry that winning in stage 1-2 didn't bring the tank for so many and I agree that WG should have told the rules beforehand (DO THAT NEXT TIME WG, we have asked that after EVERY campaign), but in the end it was about winning in every stage. Not sure if there were so many clans that took majority of their tanks only by winning in 3rd stage.

For comparison we (RSOP) made 4,5m player FP's in first stage, about 2m in 2nd as it was impossible to maximixe amount of games AND fight for citadels and around 10m in the last stage. And please note that we were in our own league in 3rd stage due to ability to maximize number of our provinces better than anybody else (KAZNA got close by having insane amount of battles but in the end it was not enough, 1,5m difference to them in this stage). 10th best clan in 3rd stage did only same amount of FP as we did in first stage, 50th best did half of that. Yes, there was some power creep, but looking only top clans highly exaggerates the effect of it on other klanus. 

Exactly this. I agree that it is only fair that the best performing clans and players get the tank. But it is so harsch that a lot of players got to think after the first 2 stages that they stood a chance. Just to be flabbergasted. 

Terrorsatan #14 Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 17368 battles
  • [KA3HA] KA3HA

*perks of beeing in Kazna *

->played campaign for 3 Days

->place 2800 in the end

->profit

edit: all battles in stage 3

Edited by Terrorsatan, 17 December 2014 - 09:29 AM.

Harkonnen #15 Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:54 AM

The Daily Bounce

• Community Contributor
  • 20737 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

View PostDofolo, on 16 December 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

Crap like the 3rd campaign fame 'calculation' makes me never want to play CW again. And I will recommend everyone not to do as well as crap as this is possible on the last day.

The whole fame ranking is filled with people from 5 to 10 the same clans that magically rise 2500+ places an HOUR. And it has been like that the whole 3rd campaign.

It is ridiculous. It is an insult to everyone who played for 28 days. And yet another blatant disregard from WG for their customers who are paying their bills.

Your clan lacks more good players and good FC.

If you cant win and be on the map, you cant get the rewards, thats why this is a competition, where they try to give the rewards to the best clans and players... We have 51 players that are on the top 11,000, playing practically all days in the campaing, but we got a good player base and good FC's.

I think its an insult for all of us playing the same period, that you come here, moaning about not getting a tank because your clan is not good enough to provide the means to get it...

Phydias #16 Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14484 battles
  • [SIEGE] SIEGE

View PostHarkonnen, on 17 December 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Your clan lacks more good players and good FC.

If you cant win and be on the map, you cant get the rewards, thats why this is a competition, where they try to give the rewards to the best clans and players... We have 51 players that are on the top 11,000, playing practically all days in the campaing, but we got a good player base and good FC's.

I think its an insult for all of us playing the same period, that you come here, moaning about not getting a tank because your clan is not good enough to provide the means to get it...

Pretty much have to agree there.

knightM #17 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45398 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostKantti, on 17 December 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

. We were the strong exception here, managed to push over 3 in G-value on 3 days. 

You did notice that part of it was because of this bug:

http://forum.worldof...03#entry9638403

This meant you didn't need to defend any of your 4 provinces on day 2 and attacked with all 6 stacks. If it worked correctly you'd get 2 revolts. My low estimate is that this alone gave you 500k extra, but I didn't really analyze it in detail. Given that this "extra provinces" advantage propagated trough whole stage 3 the real number might be much higher.

Kantti #18 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23283 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

We'd have attacked with 5-6 stacks anyway and used newcomers from revolts to farm more battles. Unlike you, we had more problems in finding enough battles so new people would have been welcome. Too bad CRUSH didn't want to stay and play after they got in from empty revolting province. ;)

But yeah, those freezes were annoying. Likewise we lost muchos points in freeze between 1st and 2nd stage when 2 hours didn't tick off because of freeze and un-freeze operations and we didn't get our stacks in time from cooldown. That's why we were one day behind whole the time in 2nd stage.

still_mojo #19 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• eSports Contributor
  • 65123 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

I never argue with knight on numbers (highly impossibru to win that one), all i can say is that we have several guys that won tank by playing 2-3 days in 3rd stage, and ended up in top 3k (also 1 guy sucked for tank because he did not show up last few days, so he ended few hundred places below, but that's his problem).

We tried to catch up, but that 1 day when y ou ended up with 10 provinces made all difference, you guys leaped off and that was it. I guess clans in ru were more tolerant to empty lands than africa canibals:)

Anyways, we all made big mistakes , at end you guys made them least, and won at end by being most consistent threw all 3 stages, well deserved win after all.

Kantti #20 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23283 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET
By the way, just checked 3rd stage results and they're pretty staggering. Difference between top25 and top75 clans is around 1m FP (which means only 5-10 wins depending on G). Even difference from 250 to 150 is around 500k. This means that only a couple of more victories would have done the trick for the most. There was really tense competition where almost 300 clans could compete rather evenly and every victory mattered. Moar tenks? Win Moar!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users