Goodbye Wot and all

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Battle_Penguin #1 Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 37191 battles

After months of ultra bad MM, which started technically when I switched from premium to standard account, and after this last day (only one game of chance above 50% to win out of 16 games, avg win chance in 16 matches was 42%):

Before you jump to reply, read this carefully: this is my usual day in WoT. On good days I am at 40% top. So every day is the same.

I had enough. Thanks WG for years of fun, while it was fun. Thanks all other players for making this happen too. I am sorry if I insulted any1, and I know I did. It was really really really frustrating playing last few months.

It started to be bad for my health and my family suffer too. Its not just non-fun anymore, it started to become dangerous for health. Its time to quit.

This is also my last message here. Good luck all and see you somewhere else!

Pandabird #2 Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

Hope you find a game you can enjoy (and remember to spend more time with the family!)

and merry christmas etc :P

XRey360 #3 Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10194 battles
Did you try turning off XVM and play vanilla some days? No chances to win, no unicum or tomatos, just... fun?

Edited by XRey360, 17 December 2014 - 01:10 PM.

EmperorSafirius #4 Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 20982 battles

I don't want to be insulting or anything, but your post has a couple of things i would like to point out, if I may...

"ultra bad MM, which started technically when I switched from premium to standard account," - this is just plain BS, no discussion there..

"It started to be bad for my health and my family suffer too. Its not just non-fun anymore, it started to become dangerous for health. Its time to quit." 

Well, congrats that you realised this and decided to quit.. no point doing something if you feel, has bad influence to you..

And now in general... Why do people even torture themselves with something that clearly injures them, one way or another. It seems you have been playing so much, that you became addicted to it, leading to conspiracy about WR, out of game problems because of the game...

If you get addicted to a virtual game this much, try to stay away from games in general. It would, honestly saying, be more healthy for you.. It's that, or seek professional help.

EDIT: I see all professional tankers neg repping me for being the only one to see the bigger picture than just XVM. If you people can't see his problem, you might have a WoT addiction too, but you just don't know it :D

Edited by EmperorSafirius, 18 December 2014 - 06:50 AM.

5_InchFl0ppy #5 Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40706 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Wow you really have had a bad time of it recently haven't you. I have had similar experiences of terrible games myself, although its more related to me playing about 500 wn8 worse than usual and being unable to carry the random morons you have for teammates.

I have tried to be more positive lately and to offer help and advice to people. Sometimes they listen and I have a good chat with them, but the vast majority of people just seem to want to lose.

I wonder if WG pay attention to how many top 1-5% players are leaving or becoming inactive because there is a lot of red dots next to the names of people on my friends list...........

3m2oo5 #6 Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17250 battles
  • [PBHP] PBHP
or play platoons.

There is no other way to cheat this system :)

ticklemonster #7 Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51514 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

I think you have reached your plateau, and indeed have slipped off the far side. Good luck in whatever you choose to spend your leisure time on. Likely I never met you on the battlefield, but you obviously were a good player to have on it. Best wishes.

tm 

TankkiPoju #8 Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

Holy crap, OP is not kidding. I did check his recent stats. The game has really kicked him in the head in last months.

M1tchy #9 Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33042 battles

I had a bad run a few weeks ago and quit for a while. I got a lot of real life stuff done, and obviously had a load more time on my hands to enjoy real life. That made a difference to my attitude to WoT

I came back and played. BUT, I play on my own terms now, and don't play as much as I did, and last night played more on the test server than EU1 or 2. 

There are still lots of crap players, but I just play and stop when the idiocy gets too much and I feel a rage coming on.

Dump XVM. Just play vanilla, or use a damage dealt mod like I do. It's all you need.

Edited by M1tchy, 18 December 2014 - 01:10 AM.

Adwaenyth #10 Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19224 battles
  • [F_D] F_D

View PostTankkiPoju, on 17 December 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

Holy crap, OP is not kidding. I did check his recent stats. The game has really kicked him in the head in last months.

Considering he's got a K/D ratio of only 1.18 for the last 1k battles, I'm not so sure if it isn't just him playing badly recently. Blaming everything but yourself can have such an effect on your play.

Also, having been out of the game for a month or two and then returning can have your recent WN8 drop by 500-700 points easily... I've noticed that on myself.

Edited by Adwaenyth, 17 December 2014 - 02:35 PM.

WaffleTiger #11 Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 39661 battles
  • [5REST] 5REST
It's weird looking at that curve on noobmeter - wonder what changed since it goes the way it does.

AndyScouser #12 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14158 battles

Sorry for you mate, however, i'm very happy you have realised a problem and have taken the step to act upon it, you have taken a very important and manly decision. WELL DONE.

you have been playing since April 2011 and completed 35,500 games, that's a huge prolonged commitment of your time and focus on one particular thing, you have done your time soldier.  time to turn the page and see what life brings for you and your family.

On a personal note, I too used to play excessively and I began to lose the fun factor, but not the desire to play.  This is slippery slopes also, so I now play most not all days, I spend less time on the game especially since I stopped paying premium, I stopped playing high tiers and im improving and finding the fun again.   Ive also played for many years (my battle count needs another 8k on as Ii had the account wiped) and finally im having more fun than ever...with the game AND my family :)  I hope this helps.

Edited by AndyScouser, 17 December 2014 - 03:07 PM.

SilentFear #13 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 24959 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostAdwaenyth, on 17 December 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

Considering he's got a K/D ratio of only 1.18 for the last 1k battles, I'm not so sure if it isn't just him playing badly recently. Blaming everything but yourself can have such an effect on your play.

Also, having been out of the game for a month or two and then returning can have your recent WN8 drop by 500-700 points easily... I've noticed that on myself.

That. 

After an year away from the game i decided to return few days ago ... and i play like a tomato. Dont help all the changes on the maps. 

So yeah if you had brakes from the game this may explaine a bit your current performance.

But if you feel the game is imparing your real life - then this is the righ decision.

MashTomato #14 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21382 battles
I can confirm about worst MM last month than ever, my last 100 games was like 20-35% chance to win teams, half of the team always kamikadzes and just run and die . then you have to suffer the rest of it by getting wrecked and lose much money on top tiers, which is not the big problem , but the point is these tomatos red as hell who got no idea how to play. i am done until one day this mm gets skill based. now its pathetic.

Cobra6 #15 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16320 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Just leave for a while, we all do it.

Whenever I get sick of the ridiculous RNG in WoT I switch to WT where skill is actually a much more deciding factor in engagements. It has far less RNG influence in the tank battles.

Also, soon there will be the Witcher III, Elite: Dangerous just went live, soon there will probably be closed-beta for World of Warships, there is a massive catalogue of games you can play which came out last 3 months. I'm sure you can find something to spend 2-4 months on before returning to WoT

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 17 December 2014 - 03:38 PM.

Venatacia #16 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33774 battles

Would agree with other posters, got nothing to do with switching from premium to standard. Every time I have bought 1 month of premium, end up with the worst losing streaks going but that's probably because I tend to buy around holidays times (just bad timing). Standard account has given me no bonuses or any draw backs.

I feel your frustrations though OP, as I'm sure we all do. I'm sure it's happening to all of us though. I understand when enough is enough as I myself have taken a 8/12 month break from this game. You come back refreshed but unfortunately it' doesn't take long to figure out why you left before. Though that's PvP in general as you burn out fast, I find. Anyway have a break or at least a few days away, I know how addictive this game can be.

Edited by Venatacia, 17 December 2014 - 03:21 PM.

Technocrat_Prime #17 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 30777 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-

For each unicum someone has to lose...

Cvoks #18 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 62686 battles

wow so this is how bad it got, good players quit, im currently under 24h ban (unsportsmanlike conduct/unfair play) altho its a mistake, it should be insult and provocation since i insult morons on daily basis, but i wonder what would have happend if more good players would have quit playing and paying, would WG do something about it then, or why is it that morons dont quit or get their own MM system, untill they grow a brain and blossom into a lovely bouquet of rainbow colored flowers one more beautifull the the other.

Take care man,i wish u wouldnt quit but, i wonder, i alwys go over my head when i lose 3-4-5 battles in a row, i cant imagine what u must have been going thru to have that bad of a downfall and how to remain calm, i had similair thing during 10-15k battles i played, but somehow i got thru, from that point on ive been improving, but morons remain in game, if WG cares about people who pay to play this game, they should do something about it, and im not the one who pays so, maybe i deserve to play with dumbtrucks, who knows,

clocky #19 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19690 battles
  • [ONB] ONB
  • 35558 battles
  •  

o_0

0_o

I really hope i will never get that far...

On a more serious thing : Moar poasts like this please. Maybe this will be reason for WG to ban the stats api , stop the WN8 idiocy and leave people playing for fun rather than stupid numbers and "performance"

Edited by clocky, 17 December 2014 - 03:36 PM.

Akula971 #20 Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18524 battles

Well I got sick of the vegetable hordes in tiers 5-8. Match making always puts me at the bottom of the list. Its very difficult to carry in a light tank. I got really sick of these games, loss after loss after loss. So I just got my tier 2-5 vehicles out, and just had more fun. My premium account runs out this month, and I'll be looking to see if anything changes. For those that say that premium or non premium makes no difference, I'll say this. You don't know for certain and wargaming would never release their code for inspection.

Personally I've spent far too much time and money on this game, and now limit my games to 3 or 4 a night max. Looking forwartd to a reduced Wot 2015!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users