T-43 buff

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

panzeraustirol #1 Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8191 battles

Hello tankers! :honoring:

As the title sais: T-43 needs a buff. Here is how it all started: few patches ago, I researched my way through T-34-85 (I didn't researched top gun on it) and bought T-43. After only few battles I sold it and went berserk, selling all tanks and replacing them with completely other branches ( I don't know why, but it was bad idea). Then I bought T-43 back, along with many other tanks that I sold earlier. But I found out it is unplayable:

- bad stock gun, 0,42 accuracy

- poor and weird (75mm all around) armor, resulting in ALOT of crew injury and module damage

- slow and sluggish and expensive xp research on engines, top engine doesn't carry over to T-44

- poor penetration, even on the top gun

- giant box on the rear = weakspot

- large repair cost if destroyed (and defeat), usually around 10000

- MM is harsh, meeting tier 9 tanks is unavoidable and deadly at the same time

- its practically T-34-85, only one tier higher and has the same guns

I hope some loopholes/ideas/facts will be found to buff it.:mellow:

Marry Christmas and happy new year, tankers!:honoring:

Edited by panzeraustirol, 24 December 2014 - 04:08 PM.

putos_opat_v_akci #2 Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26926 battles
  • [PRASE] PRASE

View Postpanzeraustirol, on 24 December 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

- bad stock gun, 0,42 accuracy

Same top gun as T 34 85, no need to grind (unless you are an idiot)

Block Quote

slow and sluggish and expensive xp research on engines

same top engine as on t 34 85, but, if you are an pancake, not my problem

Block Quote

poor penetration, even on the top gun

Penetration is on level with the others tanks like Comet, Chi-Ri, KV 13

Block Quote

giant box on the rear = weakspot

Giant box on the rear is not a part of hitbox mate.

No needs to buff this tank, its a true medium tank, low penetraion but good RoF, good DPM, good mobility. Its not something overpowered, its just an good tank.

rigawe #3 Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9725 battles

Honnestly I don't understand, you could unlock the top engine and the top gun on the T34-85 but still you wait the T43 to do so, you can't complain about that.

You should have only two element to unlock the tracks and the turret, yet you choose the hardway and complain about it...

Mobility wise it's not the fastest but it's far from being the slowest

Complaining on the armor of a medium tank, you may have pick the wrong line for you, medium tank are not about the armor and yet I managed to get a steel wall on this tank...

No comment on the weakspot you've find in the rear of the tank, once again medium have no armor whatsoever and even less in the back, so weakspot really?

The pentration is ok, could be better, but you are here to flank no to go head on against heavy...

MM is the same as every other regular tank in the game -2/+2..., I didn't notice anything wrong with the repair cost on this tank either...

The T43 is an improved T34-85 nothing else, it has the same "problem" as the T29 and T32, Great tanks boderline op, the next one add nothing more in particular but do the job.

armholeeio #4 Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17071 battles
Loved the t34-85, even if I lost I had fun in it but I'm find the t43 a bit meh, only a few games in with it which is probably why. I look at the comet, same mediocre pen, and armour but it's mobility seems to be higher and more fun which I'm not feeling with the 43 it's like going on a date with a girl who is good looking but not hot, got the right stats in the right places but your just not feeling it. You may take her out for a spin a few times, smash her back doors in but as soon as some one else catches your eye you have ditched her and ruined her life

Kurghan #5 Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 36690 battles

Narciss #6 Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:15 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 8375 battles
The t34-85 is such a good tank for its teir that the t43 feels weak when you move to it, but really it is fine. Not a great tank, but average. I sold mine as soon as I got a the t44, which Is awesome.

Ophyzarr #7 Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4168 battles
One of the first things I noticed about this tank when I got it was the frontally mounted turret. It's a bit of a knack to use, but the armor and hull layout is quite nice. It allows you to peek around corners, fire your 85mm and roll back whilst showing your most angled armor. I find this makes this a really good tank to fight things that aren't aiming at you and making sure you get the first shot off (essentially flanking). Although at times I find that the tank performs seems inadequate compared to the other mediums such as the Comet and Panther, it's really only when I try to challenge those tanks at what they do best (Panther's sniping and Comet's scout-style dogfighting). The tank is worse for it's tier than the T-34-85, so I reckon it's another case of essentially what rigawe said about the T29 -> T32 upgrade. 

Tankbuster22 #8 Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4500 battles
They need to in crease the penetration to 175 and and an increase in dpm to be effective.

Carantanien #9 Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View PostTankbuster22, on 26 February 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

They need to in crease the penetration to 175 and and an increase in dpm to be effective.

How can you comment something you havent played?

On topic:

T-43 is one of best tier 7 mediums :popcorn:

Tahdon_kutitella_sua_XD #10 Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 46947 battles

"- giant box on the rear = weakspot"

Whaat? You have weak spot on the rear of your tank. :ohmy: Thats weird since theres so few tanks which can be penetrated from the rear :trollface:

Edited by Laukeen_sun_naamalle_X3, 27 February 2015 - 03:01 PM.

yodacoda #11 Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8079 battles
T-43 doesn't need a buff. It's already an excellent, maneuverable flanker with a decent, rapidly firing top gun. Try to stay hidden, ambush and surprise enemies, try sniping. This all works well in T-43. Actually I like the top gun on the T-43 way more than the LB-1 on the T-44.

AllyourKitty #12 Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37962 battles

View Postyodacoda, on 28 February 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

T-43 doesn't need a buff. It's already an excellent, maneuverable flanker with a decent, rapidly firing top gun. Try to stay hidden, ambush and surprise enemies, try sniping. This all works well in T-43. Actually I like the top gun on the T-43 way more than the LB-1 on the T-44.

I agree with your analysis, I didn't think I would enjoy the T43 looking at the paper stats but it's one of these tanks where everything seems to work well together in a good package. A pleasant surprise since I was expecting to dislike the tank.

Gremlin182 #13 Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 52552 battles

I like the T43

I liked the T34 then when I first got the T34-85 I disliked it, until I got the top gun at which point it was a dream medium tank.

Some time later I unlocked the T43 I was worrried as many players said it was terrible and so I was pleasantly surprised its a very nice medium and fully capable of flanking heavies caught in the open and taking them down.

btw if your not happy with the T43 do not go for the T44 because its a tough grind and untill you get the best engine you will be sluggish and unlocking the top engine on the T43 does not help you in this.

Once you do unlock everything its pretty good but based on your comments I think you will hate it.

TheKazang #14 Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2785 battles

I just went through the T-43 so here is my 2c.

At first I was extremely underwhelmed, it was basically identical to the T34-85 just facing higher tier enemies.  But after few games I realized that this is actually ok because the T34-85 is [edited]awesome.  The penetration of the gun can be extremely frustrating but it is actually just enough, most of the time at least.  Problematic tanks are the US heavies because it is actually impossible to pen them if they know how to make use of their armour, but otherwise the penetration is adequate.  The other gun stats however are great, accuracy when stationary is solid, aim time is reasonable, alpha is great for the tier and the dpm is top notch.  It is probably the best all round gun for Tier 7 mediums because it has no serious downsides like the poor accuracy and aim time of the T-34-1 gun.  It's just a very flexible gun and suits the tank well.

Downsides are the accuracy while moving, which is awful and you can't mount a vertical stabilizer which compounds the problem, this limits the playstyle of the tank significantly.  Then the usual underwhelming armour of Soviet mediums, getting the turret jammed and ammo rack damaged is extremely common and annoying.  In Tier9 battles the penetration becomes more of a problem and you end up being a scout basically but it is mobile enough for this and not significantly worse off than any other tank when 2 tiers outclassed.

On the whole I think the tank is little bit underwhelming simply because it follows the T-34-85. Every Tier7 medium is the on the same level, nothing particularly exceptional.  Then the next tier is pretty significant upgrade and has some really exceptional tanks so it makes the Tier7s all look kind of meh.  Personally I think they all should get some small buffs.  Such as accuracy while moving or aim time for the T-43.

I enjoyed the T-43 a lot despite it's shortcomings and had some amazing games.

Parisija #15 Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

At first, i really didn't like T-43, but after 54 games i got my second MoE so i guess it's kinda ok :)

SePallinaama #16 Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16208 battles
  • [NKLO] NKLO

At the moment I hate this thing even more than Sherman III, Churchill I or MT-25. Please don't argue, I suck in them and I hate them okay?

Any good tactics on this abysmal tank?

Yurrekk #17 Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2418 battles
Yeah so I bought it too... it sucks so hard but maybe I'll get used to it.

Torque1981 #18 Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24089 battles
  • [-SSQ-] -SSQ-

View PostTheKazang, on 07 March 2015 - 02:26 AM, said:

Downsides are the accuracy while moving, which is awful and you can't mount a vertical stabilizer which compounds the problem, this limits the playstyle of the tank significantly. 

Are you sure you cant use a vertical stabilizer cos I am pretty sure I have one instaled :confused:

I may be wrong though:unsure:

Scratch that - You cant mount it :hiding:

I only have gun rammer and vents

Edited by Torque1981, 11 June 2015 - 12:31 PM.

tnk_x5000 #19 Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28607 battles

I would like to have either a few more millimeters of penetration or some more mobility. As a light tanks driver I would rather have more mobility. Good, if not great, ROF with decent gun depression make the tank adequate. But it is not the best tier 7, although it has one of the best DPMs in the tier and a good amount of armor for a medium. Most of the other tier 7 tanks are better tanks in the general case with more penetration, mobility and, in some cases, alpha. Hell, even the T37 has a gun with some more penetration AND a little more DPM.

Decent tank, just needs a small buff, but it is not underpowered.

lafeel #20 Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

Or maybe it is the players who are the problem, not the tank, hm?

http://wotreplays.com/site/2101863#stats After this game I have a lot of respect for the T-43

Also tagged with T-43, buff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users