Stupidest thing you've heard playing WoT?

• Please log in to reply
2615 replies to this topic

Baldrickk #2601 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29031 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostVule777, on 23 April 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

Ok, I deleted post with pictures.

You just need to edit the pictures in the future, to obscure the relevant names ;)

Matcorr #2602 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22575 battles
A sniping E100 bitching at me for not spotting (I was trying but a T49 can't really outspot french lights). Team got demolished and I got bored and went ham, got one shot off and still did more than the E100.

mattias4 #2603 Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16352 battles
  • [DUF] DUF

This is one of the stupidest things i must have heard (its from WG support)

Hello,
I was playing in a battle when i stood still ready to aim, a couple seconds later an allied vehicle rushes into me. He ends up under me resulting in teamdamage and a ban for me??? I have send you the replay.
I think we can both acknowledge that this isn't my fault. 
It would be nice to either be unbanned or I would like to receive a compensation for not being able to do the progretto mission.
Otherwise please give me a clear explanation on how this possibly can be my fault.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dear Commander,
Thank you for getting in touch with us about this ally damage.
I am very sorry something like this happened to you when you were just trying to have a nice time. This has happened to me before, and I know it is very frustrating and can have a major impact on the outcome on the game.
Because it can be the difference between a win and a defeat, Team-killers are now handled by an 
automatic system that takes into account all attacks to allied tanks. This tool takes action against team-killers, and compensates those players whose tank has been completely destroyed by an ally.
Rest assured that the system always takes the appropriate measures against the team-killer, so that they don't do it again. Also, this tool takes into account if somebody is a team-killer all the time, and the measures taken will become more and more severe.

We always try to maintain a positive environment in our game so all the players truly enjoy their gaming experience, so we assure you that the issue has been dealt with. Our automated system accurately tracks this type of situations, so you won't need to write further tickets and can keep enjoying your game.

I hope that this did not make you lose affection towards our game and our community, that kind of people are the few and we do our best in order to erase them totally. I will also ask you to never submit to their provocations, I know sometimes is difficult but that will only make them stronger.

In case you have any further question, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Have fun and Good luck!
Best regards,

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Here is stated that he understands my anger for being teamkilled and that the player has been dealt with. However i was the one who got banned! If you take a look at the replay you will clearly see that i was standing STILL while another player just rammed into me causing him to get under me. We both got damaged till i died and I got banned.

In the replay you can cleary see that i wasn't even moving and that the other player was the only one taking action in this situation.

So once again, please take a look at it and once again: 
It would be nice to either be unbanned or I would like to receive a compensation for not being able to do the progretto mission.

Otherwise please give me a clear explanation on how this possibly can be my fault. Meaning that you have to explain how a player standing still can be banned when another player is ramming into him.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dear Commander,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your account suspension and please excuse us for not having been able to get to you earlier.

We are sorry that we were forced to take such measures.

However, please understand that Support is unable to assist you with:
• Team Kill appeals: 
WoT, WoWs, WoWp, WoT Blitz.
• Bans or suspensions related to breaking the 
game rules.
• Bans associated with a violation of our 
Fair Play Policy.

We understand that you would like that we remove/reduce your suspension but I am afraid we won’t be able to fulfill your request since any measure taken towards your account was taken after a thorough investigation.

Thank you for understanding this limitation and please, do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further questions.

Best regards,

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hello,

I have copied the other tickets. I have a question tho: 
In the last answer it is stated that "we won’t be able to fulfill your request since any measure taken towards your account was taken after a thorough investigation."

first of all what was your conclusion after this thorough investigation? 
- Who's fault was it? The player bumping into me when i stood still or me? 
I think we can both come to the conclusion that since i was standing still, it wasn't my fault so i shouldn't get banned. This is a bug in the teamkill system. This isn't a big problem however i think we both know that players who get banned without reason should be unbanned.

Now there is stated that it is inpossible for you to unban me, I understand that. However i think there should be a compensation for mistakes made by the system. Especially because I can't get the progretto this way. 

Hello mattias4!
Thanks for contacting us and please accept my apologies for the late answer as we are having a huge amount of tickets right now.

I'm really sorry for this situation but as you know, and as my colleague told you first, this kind of damage is managed by our automatic system, so our team has no influence in this type of ban. Below, I attach you a guide that better explains how it works:
Https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/13
The friendly fire of each player is calculated counting the amount of damage caused and the frequency in which these incidents occur in a given period of time. I ensure you that, if this player keeps on with this unacceptable behaviour, he will receive what he deserves!!! 
I also attach you a guide that explains how to report who violates our rules:
Https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/39 
For any other question, we're just one click away!

I wish you an awesome week. 

Kind regards,

Thanks you for your reply,
1) I understand that you can't interact with the ban system and so you can't unban me. However since the ban was the consequence of a mistake in the system isn't it just normal that i get a compensation for the ban and therefor nog being able to do the progretto missions?
2) Also you keep saying me that the player will be banned however the system didn't give him the teamdamage. So how will he be banned?

Hello, commander mattias4!
Thank you for contacting Wargaming support again.
I am very sorry that you are not satisfied with the answers that we are giving you regarding this matter, yet our decision here is final and will not be further discussed.
Answers to the questions regarding teamdamage you can find in this link here: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/152218-friendly-fire-team-kill-auto-system/

Since we gave you all possible information I mark this ticket as closed.
If you have any more questions you know how to find us :)
We're at your disposal, commander.
Kind regards,

Now I have send another ticket stating that I have been the victim of TK exploitation. However I didn’t know where to post it as stated. I just got a message back “sorry you used mods, that’s why you were banned”
The other time I was the one who teamkilled or the system would ban the teamkiller if they continued.

Hello, 
I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place for this ticket.

I'm here for the following reason: 
"Should an ally damage or destroy your vehicle by TK exploitation, [submit a ticket and attach the related battle replay."

You can also see what happened in the replay but here is a quick summary: 
I was standing still and sniping on a ridge when an allied vehicle bumped into me. Both vehicles where aboth each other. I was on top. This resulted in both vehicles getting damaged. However I got banned.

1) I was standing still sniping while he bumped into me and i got banned? 
2) This resulted in me not being able to do the progretto missions

It would be really nice to receive a compensation for the ban and/or for not being able to do the progretto missions.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Greetings, mattias4,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support regarding your account suspension.

Since our implementation of the new Fair Play Policy, we have been closely monitoring our game and tracking the use of unfair modifications as described in said policy. Sadly, some of the mods you have been using fall within the category of unfairness and cheating and are, therefore, not permitted in our game. In the article above, we have advised our players to be careful when using any mods and to avoid using them if they have any doubts regarding their functionality. Therefore the message was very clear and now there is no excuse for the continued use of mods that offer an unfair advantage.

As in the Fair Play Policy announcement, there are 2 types of the restriction:

·         7 day game ban: If you received it, consider this as a final warning and the last chance to remove mods that are against the policy rules.

·         Permanent game ban: If you received this suspension, it means you continued using the forbidden modifications despite the final warning.

We are sorry such action had to occur, but our aim is to guarantee fair play, strategic satisfaction, and overall fun to all our players.

Additionally if you want to still use mods and be sure they are safe, feel free to check Mod Hub, where all mods are checked if they are not breaking the rules.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Found one of the most stupidest and most useless support of all time.

Here is a link to the replay btw: 8:00

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4320788#prokhorovka-mattias4-t-62a

Edited by mattias4, 25 April 2018 - 11:43 AM.

LCpl_Jones #2604 Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8865 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmattias4, on 25 April 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

This is one of the stupidest things i must have heard (its from WG support)

Spoiler

lmfao, how bloody incompetent can they be :facepalm:

they assure us that 'real' people answer support tickets and not a simple copy-paste bot :unsure: i'm yet to be convinced :teethhappy:

WhoAteMeDinner #2605 Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16651 battles
No ammo. :bush:

FitGirl #2606 Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

edit : still not allowed

Edited by FitGirl, 26 April 2018 - 12:50 PM.

TNTLover #2607 Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12431 battles
"Obj 268 4 is not op"

Vule777 #2608 Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20176 battles
Posted Image

Edited by Vule777, 27 April 2018 - 04:50 PM.

Matcorr #2609 Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22575 battles
Couple of red line TD's on Prok bitching at me for not spotting in T49 when I was constantly lighting up tanks for about 2 minutes and they didn't bother shooting. Ended up saving the day with a blind shot into our cap.

Baldrickk #2610 Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29031 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

Someone almost knows how the spotting system works, but fails to understand what an RNG is and how it is applicable (or not) to spotting, and computers in general:

LCpl_Jones #2611 Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8865 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

wtf 

TIL: tanks are see through 

Baldrickk #2612 Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29031 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 30 April 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

wtf 

TIL: tanks are see through 

Yeah, they are as far as spotting other vehicles is concerned. 

Obv not visually, or to shells.

Ferditude #2613 Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 862 battles

View PostPowJay, on 26 September 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

I have had an awful day. Just terrible. Seven wins from 25 battles. The stupidest thing is that I didn't quit sooner.

So, after 24 battles with six wins (including two losses in the E50) I find myself on Abbey with the E50 again. This is not a popular map, but I like it enough.

Starting south, I head to the abbey via the ruins to the east. I face their VK 30.02 D and he tracks me. Not being under threat from other enemies at this point, I decide not to use the repair kit and I shoot him down: although I lose a good chunk of HP. I then turn my attention to the west road by the abbey and take down a Churchill BP to very low HP (61, I think) before I relocate. At this point, we are struggling at the base. I kill a P Victoria on the side of the abbey, damage a Type 4 HT, kill the Black Prince and then return to the abbey. On the way, I take a shot up the rear from an enemy TD and I am now on 14 HP.

From the abbey, I now damage a KV-3 and kill a Skorpion G and AT7. They have two left: a HT that I can't see, and the TD that shot me from the far east. The HT is taken down. Our WZ is now in their base. I move to the road at the side of the abbey to spot the TD which I expect will return to try and defend the base.

Here comes the punchline.....

WZ clicks on me at the edge of the road and says "E50 bot?" WUT?

OK, so he can see my five kills, can't he? I also point out that I have 5K HP in damage. To this, he replies "how far? 0.5km?" WUT, again?

I comment that I didn't think that games were won by driving around. 

The enemy TD appears, I get another shot off before he is destroyed. Game over.

22 shots fired. 20 hits. 17 penetrations. 5496 HP damage. 5 kills and four more enemy vehicles damaged. 959 assistance damage. 12 hits on me. 8 pens and I survived. And I know that you want to know.... I travelled 2.09km.

Ace Tanker. High Calibre. Steel Wall. Five more ribbons and awards. Not bad for a "bot".

Replay here http://wotreplays.eu...bey-powjay-e_50

He's probably lashing out because of the current state of the battle +not seen any of your exploits

Strappster #2614 Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 23587 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

As we're watching an AMX 13 90 on 7 kills teach the remaining members of the enemy team how dangerous a French light can be ...

It's bad enough that dead players think that the guy carrying them doesn't know what to do next but why the VK player kept telling him to reload after every 4 shots baffles me, unless he doesn't realise the clip size was brought down from 6 several patches ago. Which raises the further question of how clueless you have to be to be telling a good player what to do without knowing the basics of the tank he's playing.

:rolleyes:

Nethraniel #2615 Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11934 battles

Oh my... today is quite yielding...

http://forum.worldof...or-dumb-player/

http://forum.worldof...-like-rebalace/

http://forum.worldof...fter-2-5-years/

PowJay #2616 Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:11 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33818 battles

View PostHendrik3, on 04 April 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

This weekend: Some guy in a TD being too eager to get a view on a kill shot and tumbling off a cliff, killing himself.

I may or may not have done this myself in a light on El Halluf a few weeks back.

I will just leave this here.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4366604#cliff-powjay-sta-1

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users