Stupidest thing you've heard playing WoT?

• Please log in to reply
2649 replies to this topic

Dead_in_30_seconds #2621 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2188 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBabbet_1, on 25 May 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Closer still to death than life

If you could only hear my wife

She mutters and groans when I play WoT

Does she like it? – Not a lot!

The player base has shrunk they say

And it’ll shrink more if she has her way

She’s pulled the plug and flicked the switch

Her antics are starting to make me twitch

I’m keeping ahead of her I think

Though my tactics now might make you blink

She thinks she’s such a clever lass

But I’ve converted the PC to run on gas!

Gas you say, tho' to be fair,

probably best to be hot air.

Of that you seem to make no mention,

don't want to spend your old age pension.

Matcorr #2622 Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22746 battles
Me believing QB's video on Italian tanks that the T6 is good is pretty damn stupid, I spent 70k free exp getting to it and it's baaaaad. Are the tanks after it any better?

SoupFork #2623 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5292 battles
Perfecting Preferential Premiums

PowJay #2624 Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34928 battles

I posted something, but the server crashed.

I can't be bothered again.

Summary. Contacted noob who was complaining all through a battle. I was 100% polite. Tried to point out that he was not performing and therefore should look at his own issues, yada, yada yada.

States that he always gets noob teams. Gave up.

Forumites keep saying that we should try to help the poorer players rather than rage at them. Doesn't work. :facepalm:

Stubborn82 #2625 Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18766 battles
Let me share the most idiotic things that I've both heard and done myself. They are closely related to each other.

That is to spend ~35EUR to get the KV5, because I've heard WG advertising it as a tank with GODLIKE, nearly OP armor, enabling really fun game play and prem. MM only to find that I can get crapon by T6 tanks shooting nothing else but HE. Yes, that's correct. The OP armor set gets owned by 2 tiers lower tanks. It isn't uncommon to get one in the face for 350+ by KV-85, it happened just 15min ago, or 500+ if you get shot by KV2 or O-I.

And this happens all the time. If you're driving KV5 into a game, be warned and play "safe" if there's something like T6 or T7 HE shooting lad on the enemy rooster.

Bloody Defender can bounce JgPzE100 with its buttock or absorb death star's HASH round and it isn't considered OP, but the KV5 which has nothing but armor and gets owned by low tier HE guns IS and WILL be "perfected". How it's going to be "Perfected"? By removing the two things that made it special: it's prem. MM and its armor.

But what about the other monsters in the bag? Wouldn't they be "Modified" as well? What about the Defender, which is T.9 tank running in the low weight divisions, or the T8 German Super Heavy, the Liberte or the Patriot? Aren't they going to be "Modified" too?

The most stupid thing you can do or hear someone's done is to pay WG for something.

Edited by Stubborn82, 05 June 2018 - 11:14 AM.

Babbet_1 #2626 Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10527 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPowJay, on 05 June 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

I posted something, but the server crashed.

I can't be bothered again.

Summary. Contacted noob who was complaining all through a battle. I was 100% polite. Tried to point out that he was not performing and therefore should look at his own issues, yada, yada yada.

States that he always gets noob teams. Gave up.

Forumites keep saying that we should try to help the poorer players rather than rage at them. Doesn't work. :facepalm:

Yes, unfortunately, as in all walks of life, it's the arrogant "Won't be told anything" "Always someone else's fault" A@seholes that get all us poor noobs tarred with the same brush! Personally, I would like to think I am always open to sensible advice and suggestions, both in game and here on the forum. I also find that it's not that difficult to admit when I've cocked up, and apologise if necessary. Maybe I'm in a minority - I don't know!

:) 

Baldrickk #2627 Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29506 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostStubborn82, on 05 June 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Let me share the most idiotic things that I've both heard and done myself. They are closely related to each other.

That is to spend ~35EUR to get the KV5, because I've heard WG advertising it as a tank with GODLIKE, nearly OP armor, enabling really fun game play and prem. MM only to find that I can get crapon by T6 tanks shooting nothing else but HE. Yes, that's correct. The OP armor set gets owned by 2 tiers lower tanks. It isn't uncommon to get one in the face for 350+ by KV-85, it happened just 15min ago, or 500+ if you get shot by KV2 or O-I.

And this happens all the time. If you're driving KV5 into a game, be warned and play "safe" if there's something like T6 or T7 HE shooting lad on the enemy rooster.

Bloody Defender can bounce JgPzE100 with its buttock or absorb death star's HASH round and it isn't considered OP, but the KV5 which has nothing but armor and gets owned by low tier HE guns IS and WILL be "perfected". How it's going to be "Perfected"? By removing the two things that made it special: it's prem. MM and its armor.

But what about the other monsters in the bag? Wouldn't they be "Modified" as well? What about the Defender, which is T.9 tank running in the low weight divisions, or the T8 German Super Heavy, the Liberte or the Patriot? Aren't they going to be "Modified" too?

The most stupid thing you can do or hear someone's done is to pay WG for something.

Seriously, replays pls.

HE loses 50% dmg before armour mitigation on a non-pen

PowJay #2628 Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34928 battles

View PostBabbet_1, on 05 June 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Yes, unfortunately, as in all walks of life, it's the arrogant "Won't be told anything" "Always someone else's fault" A@seholes that get all us poor noobs tarred with the same brush! Personally, I would like to think I am always open to sensible advice and suggestions, both in game and here on the forum. I also find that it's not that difficult to admit when I've cocked up, and apologise if necessary. Maybe I'm in a minority - I don't know!

:)

He wasn't too bad, to be fair. He started out complaining that he couldn't make credits with his Jagdtiger. On Live Oaks, he went 0.44 KM, sat on the north mound. Fired four shots. One hit. No penetration/damage. He totally failed to move during the battle as we took their base and won.

I really was polite and friendly. I started with "Will you take some friendly advice, or am I wasting my time?".  I pointed out how I had two tier V TDs with more average damage than his Jagdpanther. I pointed out that I have more average damage in my Jagdpanther than he has in his Jagdpanther II. I looked at his KV-1 stats and his tier II damage levels.

I tried to use this to point out why he was struggling. He first of all told me that he had obtained the account from his cousin. This might explain reasonable recent stats compared to the over all stats. I accepted this argument but obviously he needs to appreciate that he needs to do more to win/make credits.

I was about to carry on when he said that he always gets noob teams and I just closed the chat window.

TANKOPPRESSION #2629 Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41071 battles

View PostMatcorr, on 24 December 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

Anything you've heard or seen. Go.

E25 rushed ahead, I told him to get back, he died a minute later then starting insulting me and another TD who were sniping, he only did a total of 518 damage.

Someone saying the battles are random , that is the Stupidest thing ever .

____Green____ #2630 Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15461 battles
  • [L-G-N] L-G-N

I always use this: <<< Bots who hate bots - unite!!! >>> or after some full hp hit playing my FV183 or T5H I celebrate by typing in chat <<<I fart rainbows>>>

8126Jakobsson #2631 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62723 battles

Ally arty clicks friendly tank for 550 hp because he didn't spot anything from his frontline bush and didn't move up further on (read: suicide scout)

Friendly spotter didn't feel that and proceeded to kill said arty

Arty says "thanks, now I can go and actually play the game"

Isn't that ironic

Don't you think

Spoiler

PowJay #2632 Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34928 battles

I was playing the M7 in a tier IV and V match on Live Oaks. I had some incredible luck as I have no idea how I survived and did as well as I did. I had four kills when I took the enemy SPG at A0, but I knew that either or both their M4 and T-50 would probably be returning to base. I was too slow after hitting an obstacle and was shot once by the M4. I ran away, but realised that I had a shot at Top Gun.

I stopped, turned around and put three APCR into the front of the M4. I avoided one shot and almost killed him, but I was destroyed. My allies took both the T-50 and M4 and we won.

I get contacted by the M4 player after battle telling me that I am reported for APCR. :facepalm:

I expect some total noob with 46% WR, but he turns out to be a (probable) reroll on 62% win rate. I call him something including the word "reroll" and now he is going to report me for using "Modes" and "XVM", presumably because I know his stats.

I point out that he must be really stupid as he doesn't even realise that I have got his stats from WG via the results screen. Also, there is no stable XVM available at the moment. I am still waiting for a reply.

What a moron.

BTW, he has 62% WR because most of his battles are at tier II to IV, although in fairness he did get High Calibre in this battle. I was second on damage with new Ace Tanker for the M7 with 1194 dmg, 964 assist and 5 kills.

FluffyRedFox #2633 Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

General

• Player
  • 22556 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Yaaaaay, these kinds of people

Baldrickk #2634 Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29506 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 21 June 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

Yaaaaay, these kinds of people

We all know how long it took the Schrader account to be kicked from the game.

FluffyRedFox #2635 Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:36 AM

General

• Player
  • 22556 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Can we please get a working report system so people like this can be perma-banned?

Babbet_1 #2636 Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10527 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The frustration for me is that we never get to know whether any action has been taken or not - No feedback from WG, and the chances of seeing the same guy again are pretty remote, so nobody knows if he's still playing or not, and we are left to assume that reporting anyone is a waste of keyboard time! For us to have any faith in any reporting system, justice must be seen to be done, as the saying goes!

PlasticArmour #2637 Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 52284 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

HELP! ....kaboom.....Help!.....kaboom.....Help......kaboom

The last kaboom killed the arty player asking for help. It was years ago and I told him every time he fired that he was too close to the hillside and was damaging himself with splash. I wish i'd kept that replay but didn't post cos it seemed a cruel thing to do.

Edited by PlasticArmour, 06 July 2018 - 04:14 PM.

LordMuffin #2638 Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48074 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 25 April 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

lmfao, how bloody incompetent can they be :facepalm:

they assure us that 'real' people answer support tickets and not a simple copy-paste bot :unsure: i'm yet to be convinced :teethhappy:

I think a copy paste bot would at least understand...

PowJay #2639 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34928 battles

I've just had a sweet one. Third battle as bottom tier of three. One VII to IX and two VIII to X. I start with "It's nice to be bottom tier again, said no tier VIII ever."  Being Mannerheim Line, I start north totally alone and also point this out.

Our Skorpion G says. "u suck anyway. Don't feed". I go north. Alone. I die. I don't care. (It is the T28 Prot, which I am hating playing. I just want x4). We won, but I check out our Skorp.

He survived. He fired only four shots, of which only one hit and penned. On an ALLY, for 484 dmg. He has 47% WR, but I suck? :facepalm:

Babbet_1 #2640 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10527 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPowJay, on 29 July 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

I've just had a sweet one. Third battle as bottom tier of three. One VII to IX and two VIII to X. I start with "It's nice to be bottom tier again, said no tier VIII ever."  Being Mannerheim Line, I start north totally alone and also point this out.

Our Skorpion G says. "u suck anyway. Don't feed". I go north. Alone. I die. I don't care. (It is the T28 Prot, which I am hating playing. I just want x4). We won, but I check out our Skorp.

He survived. He fired only four shots, of which only one hit and penned. On an ALLY, for 484 dmg. He has 47% WR, but I suck? :facepalm:

Don't be too hard on him. He quite clearly carried that game for you!  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users