Pz.2. Ausf D

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

theban_nightmare #21 Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5361 battles

ive seen its gun bounce off a leichtraktor even my tier one vickers can that better firing he

Tenkaido #22 Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16823 battles

Still better than T7. At least this one has gold ammunition.

Nevertheless, got the ace badge, took it for a few more spins and sold without regrets.

armholeeio #23 Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17866 battles
Saw the jingles video on this, made me laugh when he said that it had been mastery badged at 200 damage

Eokokok #24 Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18742 battles

View PostObserver413, on 25 December 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

My thoughts exactly.
Hell, even if people dont want to play it- fine, but keep it since there might be special missions for it in future.
If you do a mission, where premium tank that you have in garage is a prize, then after completing the mission you will get gold equivalent of said tank(its price in gold).

This will change soon enough for credits compensation though...

cracktrackflak #25 Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15169 battles
  • [ARRSE] ARRSE

This tank is near the bottom of just about all the tables in the WoT vbaddict stats.

Its nearly completely useless for anything. IMHO its by far the worse "gift" tank WoT has ever released - what was the point?

armholeeio #26 Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17866 battles
Maybe the drunk Russians thought it was April the 1st not Christmas

Anon99 #27 Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25634 battles
Pz II D is a great tank if you know how to play it. My current win rate is 82 %. It is of course not suited for noob or kiddie players.

Eila_Juutilainen #28 Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21434 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

I've played it a bit on my alt-account that I made for the T95E2 grind. Used the pretty much fresh Loltraktor crew and shelved out some credits for Ventilation equipment.

The tank was okayish, but I definitely felt my lack of equipment, lack of funds for even a single clip of APCR, and the obvious presence of sealclubbers in armoured tanks. I think it will be much better to play once the sealclubbing dies down, just like the Spam Car and Vicky.

The speed is okayish, the frontal hull can bounce some machineguns (nothing else on the tank will though) and the burst is nice and has a fast reload. Viewrange of 320m is solid.

Edited by Eila_Juutilainen, 01 January 2015 - 02:45 PM.

Zero_Taste #29 Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 322 battles

For any new players not willing to spend gold the thing is worthless in just about any game. You can damage some tanks, but they usually sit aiming the other way so cleary do not know you are there or are ignoring your worthless tanks presence.

Most shots I fire bounce and you cannot even run away quick enough. Going to try and do at least ten battles in mine, but getting shot by invisible Marder 2's one shot by british tank destroyers, and being unable to shoot T18's are making this rather frustrating.

Observer413 #30 Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles

View PostEokokok, on 30 December 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

This will change soon enough for credits compensation though...

You didn't read the whole post that you're quoting. I'm not even asking whether you did or not, i'm stating a fact.

View Postcracktrackflak, on 30 December 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

This tank is near the bottom of just about all the tables in the WoT vbaddict stats.

Its nearly completely useless for anything. IMHO its by far the worse "gift" tank WoT has ever released - what was the point?

Stats aren't playing, players do. Also, the point of a gift is to give you for free something that you didn't own already.
Collectors like me gets a nice addition to the collection. People who didn't like the tank get free slot and some nice creds, all for just logging in. I say, as a gift this tank does its job well.

T7CC also was terrible, untill it got buff to its AP penetration and mobility. Give 2d a time, if it will really under-perform then it will get buffed with time.

I mean, is it just me who finds playing "only teh most competetive or OP tenkz evurr all dayz all timez!" a boring thing in a long run? Underpowered tanks let us spice the things up a bit, once the game gets dull, which happens quite often during grinding.

Edited by Observer413, 02 January 2015 - 02:00 PM.

faetont #31 Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 45253 battles

Motivated by this topis I further practiced this tank today, in around 40 battles. Is seems to me that manoeuvrability was improved somewhat, don't have that sluggish feeling when I drive this tank, as I had at the beginning. Now, it's not that bad in a role of a scout, I managed to win 4 ace tanker badges in it and to keep destruction ratio at more that 2:1.

So, basically, play it like any other scout and aim for the weakspots. In short, not a great tank, but it's playable.

Edited by faetont, 06 January 2015 - 01:12 PM.

Clearways #32 Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40053 battles

Here's a picture of mine resting in the garage. It will stay in this state for ever more, unless WG see fit to buff it.

Spoiler

Edited by Lasource12, 05 January 2015 - 08:55 PM.

Lycopersicon #33 Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10747 battles
Don't you say, I just bounced 41 shells with its glacis. Most from a Loltractor, though. And penned 19 shots into three different vehicles. If you find something very, very soft to shoot at, and angle yourself just righ, it's almost playable.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 06 January 2015 - 12:39 PM.

Dongfeng_division #34 Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50303 battles
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S

Oh wow. I didn't expect this tank to be good. But this is beyond terrible. I used mostly premium ammo and the tank is just so bad. Tier1 tanks are better than this.

To those who say that's 'ok' because this is a gift tank I will say this: do you give on purpose terrible presents to other people? No gift is better than an awful gift. Just try it - buy a shovel to your girlfriend/wife on her next birthday. Wrap it up, and watch her disappointment when she sees what she got. That's emotional abuse. It's like this campaign camouflage we got. Awful. I can't find a single tank of any nation which would look decent in it.

View PostObserver413, on 02 January 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Also, the point of a gift is to give you for free something that you didn't own already.

No. That's not the point of a gift. The point of a gift is to make the receiver happy. Maybe the receiver already has a plant. Or a cup. Or a shirt. If a boy gives a chocolate to a girl out of affection she will be happy - even though she already has a dozen chocolate bars at home. It doesn't matter.

If you think the point of a gift is to get something unique for free then you should give a painted (street) stone to someone. And see how that works for you.

Edited by Dongfeng_division, 06 January 2015 - 03:25 PM.

Ulfhedinn_ #35 Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

^ I like my Pz2D. It's WW2 German (I can't see what else anyone could possibly want than WW2 German), and it does ok. It's not OP but it's not under powered either, you just have to work at it & be flexible, like in a higher tier med. Plus as a tier 2 prem it gets big XP multipliers, for taking advantage of occasional extra x3 or x5 daily doubles it's a very good crew trainer for the new tier 8 German light.

And re the Clan Wars camo, it looks ace on the FCM 50t, it makes it look combat ready instead of in some art gallery like all the poncy French camo's look. But really it's a Yank camo, so I'm saving mine for either the T10E5 or T57. OR!! How does it work - can you put it on any tank for 7 days then get it back so you can apply it to a different tank and so on, or is it the case that once it's applied to a tank it's on that tank only forever?

Edited by Maxmk6, 06 January 2015 - 03:40 PM.

armholeeio #36 Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17866 battles

View PostDongfeng_division, on 06 January 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

To those who say that's 'ok' because this is a gift tank I will say this: do you give on purpose terrible presents to other people? No gift is better than an awful gift. Just try it - buy a shovel to your girlfriend/wife on her next birthday. Wrap it up, and watch her disappointment when she sees what she got. That's emotional abuse. It's like this campaign camouflage we got. Awful. I can't find a single tank of any nation which would look decent in it.

Clearly never played the crap present game 

Banelord300 #37 Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17426 battles

View PostLycopersicon, on 06 January 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

Don't you say, I just bounced 41 shells with its glacis. Most from a Loltractor, though. And penned 19 shots into three different vehicles. If you find something very, very soft to shoot at, and angle yourself just righ, it's almost playable.

Tell me which tier 1 gun got problems penning 14mm of armor and you cant really hide your turret while showing your glacis unless they are really keen to make it a challenge.

Lycopersicon #38 Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10747 battles
Loltractor's standard ammo has average pen of 30mm; so strongly sloped glacis should mostly bounce it. As long as they don't shoot the turret (blessed be the autoaim), the frontal armour poses some minor problems to very small guns. However, tier III battles are so hopeless that the misery wraps around and becomes funny.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 07 January 2015 - 07:19 PM.

Observer413 #39 Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29171 battles

View PostBanelord300, on 07 January 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Tell me which tier 1 gun got problems penning 14mm of armor and you cant really hide your turret while showing your glacis unless they are really keen to make it a challenge.

He wrote exactly the words: "I just bounced 41 shells with its glacis ". So clearly the turret armor wasn't a factor in mentioned situation. :P

Even i was shooting this thing in the LFP at the first few battles in tier2 tanks after it got introduced, despite me being "slightly above average player(didn't pay enough attention to armor values, thought 14mm is on the hull and 30 on the turret...) . So my guess is, at such low tier there will be a lot of people who derps around just like that. Hell, there was a time when my Churchill3 was "impenetrable" for tier5 enemies, untill people learned about the turret.
Its a matter of "level" of players in tier2 battles and time untill they get proper reaction to this tank(as in, aim for turret).

View PostDongfeng_division, on 06 January 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

Oh wow. I didn't expect this tank to be good. But this is beyond terrible. I used mostly premium ammo and the tank is just so bad. Tier1 tanks are better than this.

No. That's not the point of a gift. The point of a gift is to make the receiver happy. Maybe the receiver already has a plant. Or a cup. Or a shirt. If a boy gives a chocolate to a girl out of affection she will be happy - even though she already has a dozen chocolate bars at home. It doesn't matter.

If you think the point of a gift is to get something unique for free then you should give a painted (street) stone to someone. And see how that works for you.

You are either quite young or just trolling, judging by your statements.

Comparing gifts from WG and someones partner is a big failure of a thinking process.
WoT players are consumers of WG product, and as such are CLIENTS of WG.
Are you a client of your GF/wife, or is she a client of yours? Cause i might have a bad news if that's the case... ;-D

The thing about the gifts is that noone is forced or inclined to give them to anyone. Even family members dont have to give them to you, so i say that a multinational company made to earn money has even less of a reason to give you -anything- at all.
Make no mistake, you are here to give them your time and money aaand then have some fun, in that order and not the other way around. ;)
They could give you nothing and it would be perfectly fine, they gave you something instead(which you can sell for other ingame resources). How bad of them.

The tank is weak compared to others, yes. But still, everyone earns something they can use in this game as they see fit.

But since you like this comparison, lets take another look at the gift thing: if your friend(or whoever, i don't know if you have a mentioned GF or wife and that's not important now) gives you a gift that you don't like, its childish and selfish thing to start talking about how it sucks. 

Have you ever seen an episode of a "my sweet 16 birthday" from MTV? Seriously, don't be that kind of guy like kids from this series.
(2m sample: https://www.youtube....h?v=0b7mwTK564o )

You got a tank or a garage slot and some creds, what did you expect WG to give away for free like that? Some Types or KV-5?
Come one, grow up as a person and/or a conscious consumer, learn the basics of business and yadda yadda.

BloodRose13 #40 Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3714 battles
I like mine. Its a free gift tank, so I cant complain and it is fun to run

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users