• Please log in to reply
1181 replies to this topic

zikkon #181 Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 40099 battles
  • [ZIGI] ZIGI

View PostElement6, on 28 December 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Well, "everyone" cannot get better by obtaining knowledge alone, you need to be able to utilize that knowledge better than the rest or you will stay at your current level.

As the OP clearly states: THIS EXPERIMENT IS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT CLAIM THEY WOULD BE UNICUMS IF THE USED ALL THE PREMIUM BENEFITS AVAILABLE, O TANKS AND PLATOON WHORING.

It's not for people knowing they will never be good because they are limited by their reflexes, sit. aw. or simple gaming experience.

It counters one specific part of stat-deniers.

For a guy that likes to engage in discussions only for the sake of discussing you just displayed a horrifying lack of reading comprehension regarding the OP.

chiggy #182 Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 28 December 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

So, basically you are saying that as time progresses, his stats will go down, and not stay stable or up?

Also, if it proves that he is a good player, that is already enough. The purpose was to prove wrong those that claim that there are no good players, but only p2w and other none-skill related reasons to appear good while being as average as them.

Yeah, but who cares he's a good player?

Has he got a point to prove? Is he a lonely guy who feels the need for self importance on the internet in an online game?

Of course there are good players, just look at any page on Noobmeter and you can find thousands. Did we really need this experiment to prove this? A simple link would of been fine.

The conclusion he is trying to reach is that the ONE player is the ONLY contributing factor to winning a game of tanks. That's the real issue here.

zikkon #183 Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 40099 battles
  • [ZIGI] ZIGI

View Postchiggy, on 28 December 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Has he got a point to prove? Is he a lonely guy who feels the need for self importance on the internet in an online game?

Of course there are good players, just look at any page on Noobmeter and you can find thousands. Did we really need this experiment to prove this? A simple link would of been fine.

The conclusion he is trying to reach is that the ONE player is the ONLY contributing factor to winning a game of tanks. That's the real issue here.

Could you be any more clueless?

If you have trouble understanding the OP then think about english reading comprehension lessons...

Element6 #184 Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32010 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postzikkon, on 28 December 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

As the OP clearly states: THIS EXPERIMENT IS FOR THE PEOPLE THAT CLAIM THEY WOULD BE UNICUMS IF THE USED ALL THE PREMIUM BENEFITS AVAILABLE, O TANKS AND PLATOON WHORING.

It's not for people knowing they will never be good because they are limited by their reflexes, sit. aw. or simple gaming experience.

It counters one specific part of stat-deniers.

For a guy that likes to engage in discussions only for the sake of discussing you just displayed a horrifying lack of reading comprehension regarding the OP.

It seems you think I commented on the OP and not the two quotes I have in my post. Did you not read thoroughly enough?

chiggy #185 Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View Postzikkon, on 28 December 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Could you be any more clueless?

If you have trouble understanding the OP then think about english reading comprehension lessons...

There's no need to be rude just because I responded with some excellent points to your last post. Stop being childish and say something valuable.

I'm a  qualified tutor in HE what are you mate, a pro gamer?

zikkon #186 Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 40099 battles
  • [ZIGI] ZIGI

View PostElement6, on 28 December 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

It seems you think I commented on the OP and not the two quotes I have in my post. Did you not read thoroughly enough?

Well... Since one of the quotes was mine (the other was simply agreeing with me) and i made a clear reference to the OP i don't see how it's not commenting about OP.

And if it was your typical word-picking then it brings absolutely nothing to the discussion about the frigging OP (which we are actualy discussing here) and so i deem your input into this subject absolutely worthless...

View Postchiggy, on 28 December 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

There's no need to be rude just because I responded with some excellent points to your last post. Stop being childish and say something valuable.

I'm a  qualified tutor in HE what are you mate, a pro gamer?

Excellent points??? WHERE??? You keep asking what is the point of this experiment and all you need to do to get the answer is read the OP. For a "qualified tutor" you display shocking level of comprehension.

Or you are simply a "liberal arts" tutor and maybe logic is just not your thing...

Edited by zikkon, 28 December 2014 - 02:01 PM.

thewolfpack #187 Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59058 battles
  • [LEOHQ] LEOHQ
We should simple ignore the troll in this debate.

Private_Miros #188 Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postchiggy, on 28 December 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

Ow come on, now you have to be just trolling or unable to understand English or to simply process language in general.

chiggy #189 Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View Postthewolfpack, on 28 December 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

We should simple ignore the troll in this debate.

Yeah, or we could look at all the valuable content you've placed on this thread, or the rest of the forum for that matter, which has resulted in 700+ neg reps.

Element6 #190 Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32010 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postzikkon, on 28 December 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

Well... Since one of the quotes was mine (the other was simply agreeing with me) and i made a clear reference to the OP i don't see how it's not commenting about OP.

And if it was your typical word-picking then it brings absolutely nothing to the discussion about the frigging OP (which we are actualy discussing here) and so i deem your input into this subject absolutely worthless...

And I deem statements like "If they did listen a bit they would likely not suck completely at WoT" as moronic, because that is not at all sufficient, hence a false statement. Pot, Kettle and all that mess.

Dr_LoVe69_makesWoTgreat #191 Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 55870 battles

View Postchiggy, on 28 December 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

.what is the point of this thread? It just doesn't prove anything other than I am a good player, look at me!

Point is:

If you are good player you can get purple WN8 without gold ammo, mods, premium tanks, premium account.

View PostElement6, on 28 December 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

Well, "everyone" cannot get better by obtaining knowledge alone, you need to be able to utilize that knowledge better than the rest or you will stay at your current level.

Yes, so people who are not ignorant irl may get better at computer games.

zikkon #192 Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 40099 battles
  • [ZIGI] ZIGI

View PostElement6, on 28 December 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

And I deem statements like "If they did listen a bit they would likely not suck completely at WoT" as moronic, because that is not at all sufficient, hence a false statement. Pot, Kettle and all that mess.

Oh but on the contrary - my statement was used in regards to players the OP referred to - those that know they are good but are "nerfed by WG and lack of moneyzzz".

If they claim they know they are good, then by extrapolation we can assume they claim they know all the tricks/mechanics and have all the ability in the world to utilize them.

If you engage in a discussion that is all about being on topic (and this discussion is all about OP) then please try to discuss the topic SAME AS OTHER PARTICIPANTS.

If you need to satisfy your need for pointless arguing then there is a plethora of arty threads around for you to excercise in.

thewolfpack #193 Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59058 battles
  • [LEOHQ] LEOHQ
-

Edited by thewolfpack, 28 December 2014 - 02:38 PM.

Juniper7 #194 Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16242 battles

View Postchiggy, on 28 December 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

I'll just comment on the last part, since you're clearly deliberately misunderstanding the purpose of the OP. Ofcourse in a single match there is a large amount of factors that influence the outcome of that match. The point is that over a large amount of matches, the only constant factor is your influence to the match - hence you ARE the only contributing factor to winning a game of tanks when looking at stats of a sufficient sample size. Now this is something, that everyone in the "history of the forums" ought to know rather than your silly rigged MM theories...

Edited by Juniper7, 28 December 2014 - 03:44 PM.

SastusBulbas #195 Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35553 battles

I think the OP is proving the point quite clearly, as have MANY rerolls. The game is on average the same for many regardless of money or hardware, because skill shines through as does taking the time and effort to learn or analyse and understand your own abilities. You really cannot go blaming the MM, or WG, or premium ammo, premium accounts, etc. Sure some stuff can contribute, but the more skill, the more benefit.

A players game will be more fun with premium, a tank with 5 crew and all the best equipment will be great, but there has to be an element of skill in it, your stats may improve a fraction, but you have to be able to utilise what you have.

Give an average player a Unicums account, the stats will drop, give a Unicum player an average account, the stats will rise. Some players may well stagnate at a specific WN8 some may even lose interest, but it is the players who are making the effort, have skill, or look to acheive, that usually end up on top form regardless.

As for reroll, if your skill and recent WN8 are of a specific level, you can expect that sort of figure and better stats. What you cannot have is a consistent low WN8 and expect a Unicum reroll wether starting a new standard account with an MS-1, or starting with a years premium buying the Fort Knox package and an IS-6, it won't happen. Saying that, it does not take a genius to work out that a good tank, with 5 crew skills will have an advantage over a stock tank with basic crew at the same tier, if both players have the same skill, then one has an advantage, but buying the best football boots will not get you a spot in the world cup.

I think the majority of rerolls end up with the same stats, a good few who have picked up in the game come out with a better looking account but it reflects their recent WN8 which in many cases was going well the last few months before reroll. My WN8 has dropped, I am not playing consistently or well these last few months, and any reroll attempt would be an utter failure for me, well sure, I could pick the tanks I did OK in, but their WN8 is not going to improve unless I do it now on my current account with some consistency over a few months. Some 1500 WN8 who has for the last three months exceeded 2500 WN8 daily may well see a better account from it.

Players may think the MM, random teams, money, crew, tank equipment all come into poor games, but if or when it does, then it is usually because a player's skill level or mindset cannot overcome these issues, I certainly think in my case that poor teams and some tanks affect my WN8, but that performance loss is because I play them poorly and cannot carry them due to a lack of skill, not making the effort, and failing to take a back seat and attempt to learn and improve. My performance has dropped in recent months, sure there have been a few patches, but it's MY game and playing that have dropped not everyone elses, therefor I have an issue with MY playstyle to address, not the MM, credits, crews or such.

But, the majority of players click battle, and just want to shoot things, it goes wrong, it's something else to blame. There is plenty of advice, plenty of tutorials, but many will choose not to learn, not take heed, or just not bother in a random.

AngelofAwe #196 Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postchiggy, on 28 December 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

I personally don't believe that one player makes all the difference in every game. I've never seen one Tier 10 tank kill all the enemy team on its own. To say that its all me, the one player, who influences the game is presumptuous and arrogant.

The study so far proves that when your facing down low HP tanks from the lower tiers it is possible to influence the game. That little MS-1 Russian for example has an excellent gun...that's just one example. The Russian medium line has also had lots of buffs in the progressive patch updates.

I wish I had the time to re-roll an account, but I don't. Personally WR doesn't matter to me because when I am 80 years old, sat in an old peoples home, I wont be recalling the story about how I ammo racked a Maus in a  video game back in 2014.

Happy now?

I'm not sure where you are pulling these things from. Things I've never mentioned and that are not related to the topic or experiment in any way.

Regardless I'll respond this time only.

I've never said 1 player makes all the difference in every game. If that was the case we'd have people with 100% win rates.

What you can do as a single player is affect the result positively and more so the better you are.

An average player will trade his tank 1 for 1 giving no advantage to his team.

A great player will trade his tank 1 for 3 making the remaining fight 14:12. Logically over time his team will win more than they'll lose out of those fights.

And that's how it works in as simple terms as I can possibly put it.

It is indeed easier to win and influence low tiers, especially with good crews etc which is why I'm on a new account.

On my main account I play only high tiers however and find no problems "carrying" and winning more than 60% solo there either.

I don't even like low tiers as it's too "random" and luck based for me.

Where in this entire topic do you find the statement that the point of this experiment is to reroll? Holy crap...

View PostClassicFrog, on 28 December 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

How did you end up getting team killed?

No idea, platoon of T-150s just decided to shoot me in the back last time.

View Postdistrofijus, on 28 December 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

This is exciting, however a short detour about your main account. There was quite a fuzz with some greek  star wars / foxes / grapes fan. I think you've agreed to man'o'manish duel. I think I've missed the outcome.  Or the duel never happened?

Oh you're right, I had completely forgotten about that. We added each other to friendlist to organize it at a later point but it never happened.

Will have to see when I get back to my apartment.

View PostAlteisen, on 28 December 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Getting the T95E2?

Nah, don't care about that tank.

View Postcb99, on 28 December 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Wow,

You really made a strong case for re-roll, take all that knowledge and your stats can't just but improve doing the same thing over again.

And Yes,

If you have talent and no surprise it will not have disappeared the second time around.

Will you now onwards link to this post to be able to from your besserwisser position keep hitting struggling players that lack your talent in the nutsack?

Because from where I am sitting it feels like that seams to be the main goal with this exercise?

Sure all “sports” needs it's idols to look up to and for others to strive for, that what’s get the “pyramids” going this built in hunger for more/better, but there is a difference in humbleness and class among those holding the few privileged slots.

Last,

Personally I do respect talent in whatever form,

But douchebagness sort of take away the magic, at least for me.

Good luck in your continued travel in smuggnes.

-cb99

Could you point out which stat apart from WR is currently above my main account?

besserwisser, smugness and douchebagness... surprisingly that's exactly how I imagined you when reading your post above.

View Postcb99, on 28 December 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

Do not use red, red/green blindness is quite common and some might miss your “finer” points.

(found in about 6% of the male population)

-cb99

No need to worry. In case you didn't know the "blindness" doesn't stand for that you can't see the color but simply that you can't distinguish red from green. Doesn't seem to be a problem in his post.

View PostBlubba, on 28 December 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Ok.. I like what you're doing here but is there any chance you could go for the Obj-430 rather than the 140?

Go on...you know you want to .... if anything, it will surely prove your point beyond all doubt.

Seriously though, hats of to you sir for a valiant effort (even if you whimped out of the Object 430 ;))

I have nothing against any of the tanks leading to the 430 apart from the A-44. :P

That tank was so awful even elite with some premium ammo that I'll never go down that line again.

View PostBalz0rz, on 28 December 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

So.. As my laptop is 4-5 years old, and my wireless internet is worse than yours... Are you saying that without all the lag, packet losses and stuff, my Wn8 could potentially be 900 better? (I took the 100 away from it, since I don't have to play in Tampere *joke*)

Also I'm a noob who can't find/see smileys on phone :'(

Thank god I don't live in Tampere either. ;)

I don't know. For me the number is about 1000 or 30% of my "level".

Perhaps it would be the same for you, perhaps not. It depends on how much it's limiting your performance.

No doubt you'd have the potential to perform significantly better if you didn't have those factors dragging you down though.

View Postchiggy, on 28 December 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

He's saying exactly that my friend.

For a while I haven't been able to tell if you're trolling or just being oblivious.
However now that it's obvious that you have nothing to add to this topic but your off topic rants, trolling, smug remarks and insults I'm done responding to you.

Feel free to hang around and bump the topic though.

Hammerzeit #197 Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33333 battles
  • [ATRAP] ATRAP

(tldr everything so sorry if it was mentioned already)

i think u somewhat failed ur experiment. uYouwill obviously get the unicum stats sooner or later.Also, its somewhat hard to compare your reroll, since you're probably getting better everyday.

It would be much more interesting if youd stimultaniously start two accounts, one playing full on gold consumables and nothing but the best and the second one as you play now.

Im much more curious about the specific tonk differences, especialy if youd elite, lets say the t54 line. one time with heat, another time without it/or with 2nd gun.

Hammerzeit #198 Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33333 battles
  • [ATRAP] ATRAP
i know, aint nobody got time for that.

AngelofAwe #199 Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHammerzeit, on 28 December 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

(tldr everything so sorry if it was mentioned already)

i think u somewhat failed ur experiment. uYouwill obviously get the unicum stats sooner or later.Also, its somewhat hard to compare your reroll, since you're probably getting better everyday.

It would be much more interesting if youd stimultaniously start two accounts, one playing full on gold consumables and nothing but the best and the second one as you play now.

Im much more curious about the specific tonk differences, especialy if youd elite, lets say the t54 line. one time with heat, another time without it/or with 2nd gun.

I'd be happy to if somebody paid for it, but I won't. :P I haven't paid for anything in this game for about 2 years and I'll avoid it as long as I can.

cb99 #200 Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12228 battles

View PostAngelofAwe, on 28 December 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

View Postcb99, on 28 December 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Wow,

You really made a strong case for re-roll, take all that knowledge and your stats can't just but improve doing the same thing over again.

And Yes,

If you have talent and no surprise it will not have disappeared the second time around.

Will you now onwards link to this post to be able to from your besserwisser position keep hitting struggling players that lack your talent in the nutsack?

Because from where I am sitting it feels like that seams to be the main goal with this exercise?

Sure all “sports” needs it's idols to look up to and for others to strive for, that what’s get the “pyramids” going this built in hunger for more/better, but there is a difference in humbleness and class among those holding the few privileged slots.

Last,

Personally I do respect talent in whatever form,

But douchebagness sort of take away the magic, at least for me.

Good luck in your continued travel in smuggnes.

-cb99

Could you point out which stat apart from WR is currently above my main account?

besserwisser, smugness and douchebagness... surprisingly that's exactly how I imagined you when reading your post above.

Hmm,

Is there any stat that can be higher than WR at this point in time of that account? (not really what my point was about, but what the heck)

Correct me if I am wrong, but those other stats needs some bigger hardware to get going, that is further into the game or?

(as still a relative noob I am not sure)

---

Of course you would, no real surprise there.

View PostAngelofAwe, on 28 December 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

View Postcb99, on 28 December 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

Do not use red, red/green blindness is quite common and some might miss your “finer” points.

(found in about 6% of the male population)

-cb99

No need to worry. In case you didn't know the "blindness" doesn't stand for that you can't see the color but simply that you can't distinguish red from green. Doesn't seem to be a problem in his post.

My philosophy,

You learn something new every day if you bother to keep your eyes/mind open and listen, and do not be shy to admit when you are wrong and give credit where credit belongs.

So I learned something new thank you very much, and admit I was wrong.

-cb99

Edited by cb99, 28 December 2014 - 04:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users