• Please log in to reply
1181 replies to this topic

Vestrick64 #21 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11492 battles

View Postedger2020, on 27 December 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

So he can platoon with himself :amazed:

I actually three-man tooned with myself a couple times on low tiers.

Each of my tanks played better than average player's tanks lol.

Balc0ra #22 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73370 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

More people should do this "test" that are at the average them self. Most complain about most new players that are "n00bs" and can't react well. Well most players early on have 50% crews and no equipment on their tanks. As a 75% costs as much as the tank does, or more. Thus some low to mid tier stocks handle like crap with a 50% crew compared to the 100% with 2 skills that the "complainer" has. Most tier 4/5 tanks with a 50% commander can't even see past their barrel on a dense vegetated map.

Tho OP is a good player from before and knows the basics and weak spots etc. It's still not as easy for most new players. But just goes to show its not impossible either to play +2 tiers at mid tier tanks with AP only. Heck most of my new mid tier tanks now on the new lines have 75%+ crew. But still works well as "scouts" in a +2 game. Or de track assist. Is how most of my low tier grinds that I don't wanna waste free xp on goes. And it goes well.

AngelofAwe #23 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postedger2020, on 27 December 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

PS.

You should used invite code for gold + 7 days of prem + pass change + adding phone number + new year code to boost your account. It is still legit f2p reroll because you did not spend any money on it.

Would have made it too easy. I'm deliberately making it more difficult for me.

View PostOldManFace, on 27 December 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Doesn't really prove too much, yes player skill is the main factor but you have gone down a tank line which, whilst not being OP, is most definitely in the top 3 of tanks available for every tier besides 7 (seriously, without the old gun the T-43 will kill your stats for a few dozen games). If you tried to do this along any one of several other lines which have a horrendous stalling point your ability would not be able to make as much of an impact. For example:

- British TD line, all will be well up to the AT2, lets see what happens between there and the Tortoise.

- USA Mediums, Great until the M3 Lee where it'll drop a lot, then great again until the T20 and Pershing I reckon (I know a lot of people love the Pershing but I can't understand why)

- Russian SPG, no matter how good the SU-122A will utteraly destory any level of stats.

- British meds, utter crap until the cromwell.

- German line using the DW2

and so on. 

By choosing that line you've removed a large element of control from the expermient, yes mediums require that extra level of skill but you've chosen a medium line which is the best in the game by a very very long way.

I disagree. Since I won't be using premium ammo pen plays a huge role in my results. TDs and heavies have high pen guns which leaves light tanks or medium tanks. Lights would force me into a passive playstyle so I chose mediums.

None of the medium lines have any huge advantages or disadvantages over the others so I simply picked one of the most popular. I don't think the Russian line is the best at all, that's your opinion. T20 and Pershing are among my best tanks in the game if you look at my main account's service record.

View PostYuri_Yslin, on 27 December 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

I hope you invited your alt, you know, for the T95E2 tank, even if it's not overly good :P

Nope, I did not. :)

Aim_Away_From_Face #24 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75 battles
Pershing no, I just couldn't get on with it (but compared to T-44, STA-1, Centurion is certainyl feels plenty inferior) but the T20 is horrendous! (Unless it received a buff of some description since i last played it which was well over a year ago)

AngelofAwe #25 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostElement6, on 27 December 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

So you have this experiment to prove that proficient players can have good stats in WoT, with pure F2P, in order to disprove claims from tomatoes? I'm not entirely shure then, what is your motive...

I thought I explained it pretty well in the first few sentences of my topic.

In 3 words, proving whiners wrong.

Proving that if you're bad it has nothing to do with any factors but your own play. No matter how much you "nerf" a good player he will still do well. No matter how much you "buff" a bad player with premium ammo or anything else he will still be bad.

Edited by AngelofAwe, 27 December 2014 - 02:08 PM.

Vestrick64 #26 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11492 battles

View PostOldManFace, on 27 December 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Pershing no, I just couldn't get on with it (but compared to T-44, STA-1, Centurion is certainyl feels plenty inferior)

Pershing is better than any of these.

Thinking Centurion is better than Pershing is just... wrong.

Element6 #27 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31805 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostYuri_Yslin, on 27 December 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

I actually three-man tooned with myself a couple times on low tiers.

Each of my tanks played better than average player's tanks lol.

And people laugh at me when I assume that the average WoT players are not as dedicated towards a win, and good tactical play, as the average forum visitor.

Eyes wide shut ftw.

anfieldminion #28 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31374 battles

View Postthewolfpack, on 27 December 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

It does prove something:

...the claims like "if only I had premium account, if only I shot premium rounds, if only I had good crews, if only I didn't play stock tanks, if only I skipped tanks, if only I played OP tanks, if only I used mods, if only I platooned ... I'd be unicum too" or perhaps you've even posted something like it...

He did nothing of that and has a WR of 60% & purple stats without any advantages. How doesn't that prove something?

He proved, that the most important & the only thing constant in all matches you play, is YOU.

It didn't need proving, is my point. It is obvious to anyone with any basic common sense.

Element6 #29 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31805 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAngelofAwe, on 27 December 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

I thought I explained it pretty well in the first few sentences of my topic.

In 3 words, proving whiners wrong.

Proving that if you're bad it has nothing to do with any factors but your own play. No matter how much you "nerf" a good player he will still do well. No matter how much you "buff" a bad player with premium ammo or anything else he will still be bad.

When you disregard your own heightened skill level, you don't, at least not in a non-biased way.

AngelofAwe #30 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOldManFace, on 27 December 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

Pershing no, I just couldn't get on with it (but compared to T-44, STA-1, Centurion is certainyl feels plenty inferior) but the T20 is horrendous! (Unless it received a buff of some description since i last played it which was well over a year ago)

These are the top 3 tanks by WN8 that I've ever played. The T1 is there because I played a few games to get the crew to 100% for a T1 tournament so disregard that. :P

Trust me, I did not pick my strongest line for this test.

Private_Miros #31 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostOldManFace, on 27 December 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

You have 68 games at 500 damage/game in T20...

I don't think it was the T20 that was horrendous back when you played it.

AngelofAwe #32 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostElement6, on 27 December 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

When you disregard your own heightened skill level, you don't, at least not in a non-biased way.

I honestly have no clue what you're trying to say.

P.S. I'm not the one giving you neg rep though.

gpalsson #33 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

AngelofAwe

Just admit it, stats are luck and you just got a lucky account twice in a row.

Spoiler

Psychomaniac_1973 #34 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36928 battles

View Postthewolfpack, on 27 December 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

It does prove something:

...the claims like "if only I had premium account, if only I shot premium rounds, if only I had good crews, if only I didn't play stock tanks, if only I skipped tanks, if only I played OP tanks, if only I used mods, if only I platooned ... I'd be unicum too" or perhaps you've even posted something like it...

He did nothing of that and has a WR of 60% & purple stats without any advantages. How doesn't that prove something?

He proved, that the most important & the only thing constant in all matches you play, is YOU.

He proved he's good at seal clubbing in the lower tiers............. NEXT ! 

Element6 #35 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31805 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAngelofAwe, on 27 December 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

I honestly have no clue what you're trying to say.

P.S. I'm not the one giving you neg rep though.

You are a good player that is trying to discredit claims made by tomatoes and bad players. Because you are a good player, what you manage to do is better than the people you are tring to discredit, which is why you are likely biased, with reference to Dunning-Kruger. So basically you are only making a case for the people who already believe what you are claiming.

The idea here is that even if you prove it, it won't be repeatable by many people below your skill level, or rather, the people you are trying to prove wrong. 

Fear not the negreps, I care not for them as I see people dish them out when they clearly misunderstand what you write, and thus they hold very little meaning. I didn't suspect it was you, rest assured.

babuuni #36 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13143 battles
The stock grinds are going to be tough without any prem ammo. I would not have the patience to grind 80k exp with t54 and 175 pen on a standard account. Or are you saving up all free xp for that? (no idea how much you would have at that point)

Edited by babuuni, 27 December 2014 - 02:29 PM.

AngelofAwe #37 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMuttley_of_Alba, on 27 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

Clap clap. Indeed, NEXT!

View PostElement6, on 27 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

You are a good player that is trying to discredit claims made by tomatoes and bad players. Because you are a good player, what you manage to do is better than the people you are tring to discredit, which is why you are likely biased, with reference to Dunning-Kruger. So basically you are only making a case for the people who already believe what you are claiming.

The idea here is that even if you prove it, it won't be repeatable by many people below your skill level, or rather, the people you are trying to prove wrong. 

Fear not the negreps, I care not for them as I see people dish them out when they clearly misunderstand what you write, and thus they hold very little meaning. I didn't suspect it was you, rest assured.

What do you consider a bad player? I see these claims made by players all the way up into the blue scale.

I'm not expecting to prove or disprove anybody. Somebody who believes something as stupid as "I'm as good as you unicums, I just don't fire premium" isn't going to listen to reason, but at the very least I will have actual facts to back up my position.

I don't know why it should be repeatable by "lower skill players" as it's just a simple proof that their arguments that their stats are bad only because they do this or that or don't do this/that are false.

That's what lacking is not a premium account, platoons or premium ammo but basic skill, nothing but their own performance.

AngelofAwe #38 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postbabuuni, on 27 December 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

The stock grinds are going to be tough without any prem ammo. I would not have the patience to grind 80k exp with t54 and 175 pen on a standard account. Or are you saving up all free xp for that? (no idea how much you would have at that point)

it will be quite a pain indeed, I'll probably save as much free exp as possible but I'm used to playing my tanks stock from my first ~10k battles anyway so I'll probably get past it.

I'm not in a hurry either so it's possible I'll just double the tank once a day until I get the better modules too, we'll see.

babuuni #39 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13143 battles

View PostMuttley_of_Alba, on 27 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

Your average win rate at tier 10 is around 40%. Maybe you should play lower tiers for a change as well?

Edit.. what do you even have to do to achieve a 38% wr in an E100 after 440 battles.. are you blocking your team on purpose to lose? you would get a better wr going afk in every match.. at least you would spot the base

Edited by babuuni, 27 December 2014 - 02:54 PM.

thewolfpack #40 Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58495 battles
  • [LEOHQ] LEOHQ

View Postgpalsson, on 27 December 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

AngelofAwe

Just admit it, stats are luck and you just got a lucky account twice in a row.

Spoiler

This man got it right, your just lucky! :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users