• 7894 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
GG wp and good luck with the rest of your experiment

chiggy #42 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

Erm.....I don't understand what you are trying to prove here?

The only conclusion I can make from your initial post is that if you are already a skilful player and you re-roll another account you can get an even higher percentage win rate?

Wargaming have been saying from day 1 of this game that the game gets progressively more difficult, the more games you play.

Edited by chiggy, 27 December 2014 - 03:19 PM.

AngelofAwe #43 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postchiggy, on 27 December 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

I can tell... you're so far off you're not even touching on the actual subject.

chiggy #44 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View PostAngelofAwe, on 27 December 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

I can tell... you're so far off you're not even touching on the actual subject.

LOL....I've read the OPs post three times still cannot figure it out.

He's only playing one account I cannot see any stats that will form a comparison with that one account to draw a conclusion?

All I can see is.......if you want a high win rate.......re-roll. LOL

Edited by chiggy, 27 December 2014 - 03:23 PM.

thewolfpack #45 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58486 battles
  • [LEOHQ] LEOHQ

View Postchiggy, on 27 December 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

LOL

Sadly, Angel of Awe is right, you clearly didn't read OPs post.

It is explained pretty well there.

Private_Miros #46 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postchiggy, on 27 December 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

The only conclusion I can make from your initial post is that if you are already a skilful player and you re-roll another account you can get an even higher percentage win rate?

Wargaming have been saying from day 1 of this game that the game gets progressively more difficult, the more games you play.

How you could of improved upon the point I THINK you were trying to make was by recording the win chance in XVM of every game you have played and then played the same number of games in the same tanks on your old account.

Also I don't think the Russian medium line is a difficult line to play. How about the heavy lines for the British or French up to Tier 8? I can think of far more difficult lines than these Russian tanks.

Sorry I don't see what you are attempting to prove? The only stats you have are from noobmeter?

Err... It's harder to get good stats on a new account without credits, equipment and bad crews than get good recent stats on an existing account with loads of silver, equipment and good crews.

It gets easier the more you play, as you get silver and good crews, and you as a player learn how to play. The only thing that gets harder, is that as an experienced player, tier 10 is more difficult than tier 1.

Also, regarding your comment on win chance, you wanted something like this?

AngelofAwe #47 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postchiggy, on 27 December 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

LOL....I've read the OPs post three times still cannot figure it out.

He's only playing one account I cannot see any stats that will form a comparison with that one account to draw a conclusion?

All I can see is.......if you want a high win rate.......re-roll. LOL

There is no comparison between my accounts, my main account is irrelevant to this topic, it has nothing to do with the subject at all. :P

chiggy #48 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

Yes, but its in Wargaming's best interest for NEW players, with new accounts to win so they go away and spend money in the game.

I thought this was common knowledge?

thewolfpack #49 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58486 battles
  • [LEOHQ] LEOHQ

View Postchiggy, on 27 December 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Yes, but its in Wargaming's best interest for NEW players, with new accounts to win so they go away and spend money in the game.

I thought this was common knowledge?

I don't believe you, that you don't understand this matter. You are clearly intelligent enough to understand and comprehend this matter.  Please refrain from trolling in such a great thread.

Edited by thewolfpack, 27 December 2014 - 03:31 PM.

chiggy #50 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View Postthewolfpack, on 27 December 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

I don't believe you, they you don't understand this. Please refrain from trolling in such a great thread.

Dude, I don't see any trolling going on. I just don't see what you are trying to achieve? You haven't listed the win chance on any of the games you have played. How do we know of anything of the quality of the players who were in those games. Also your at a higher skill level now when your first started playing, so of course this re-roll account will have better stats on it. How is this such an epic thread? How is quoting my stats relevant here?

Put yourself in the position of a new player, who has never played one game ever........of course their first few hundred games will be poor. Now put a skilful player on a re-roll account...........I mean how is it not obvious what the end result will be?

Edited by chiggy, 27 December 2014 - 03:37 PM.

AngelofAwe #51 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postchiggy, on 27 December 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Dude, I don't see any trolling going on. I just don't see what you are trying to achieve? You haven't listed the win chance on any of the games you have played. How do we know of anything of the quality of the players who were in those games. Also your at a higher skill level now when your first started playing so of course this re-roll account will have better stats on it. how is this such an epic thread?

How is quoting my stats relevant here?

This thread has nothing to do with my main account, with win chances, with my win rate, with rerolling, or anything you've mentioned so far. If you don't get the point from my first post, I'm sorry but I don't know how to explain more clearly what this is about.

also as specified i don't use mods, i have no clue about the other players. not that i need to as that's completely irrelevant too.

Edited by AngelofAwe, 27 December 2014 - 03:36 PM.

thewolfpack #52 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58486 battles
  • [LEOHQ] LEOHQ

View Postchiggy, on 27 December 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

Dude, I don't see any trolling going on. I just don't see what you are trying to achieve? You haven't listed the win chance on any of the games you have played. How do we know of anything of the quality of the players who were in those games. Also your at a higher skill level now when your first started playing so of course this re-roll account will have better stats on it. how is this such an epic thread?

How is quoting my stats relevant here?

1. Angel of Awe wants to disprove the following statement:

"if only I had premium account, if only I shot premium rounds, if only I had good crews, if only I didn't play stock tanks, if only I skipped tanks, if only I played OP tanks, if only I used mods, if only I platooned ...

I'd be unicum too"

2. He is not re-rolling.

3. He has done a good job proving his statement and I appreciate his efforts.

4. I posted your stats, to show that you arn't a bad player and you are just trolling.

Edited by thewolfpack, 27 December 2014 - 03:38 PM.

AngelofAwe #53 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postthewolfpack, on 27 December 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

1. Angel of Awe wants to disprove the following statement:

"if only I had premium account, if only I shot premium rounds, if only I had good crews, if only I didn't play stock tanks, if only I skipped tanks, if only I played OP tanks, if only I used mods, if only I platooned ...

I'd be unicum too"

2. He is not re-rolling.

3. He has done a good job proving his statement and I appreciate his efforts.

4. I posted your stats, to show that you arn't a bad player and you are just trolling.

That's a good summary

chiggy #54 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

Dude how many more times, I am not trolling! And I can assure you that if players like me with 20K games cannot understand what your initial post is about, there will be others too.

Can you please state in one sentence what your hypothesis is please?

If you had run the same experiment, but this time had a friend play who was new to the game? Would the outcome of been different?

What is the control for your experiment?

Edited by chiggy, 27 December 2014 - 03:47 PM.

AngelofAwe #55 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postchiggy, on 27 December 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Dude how many more times, I am not trolling! And I can assure you that if players like me with 20K games cannot understand what your initial post is about, there will be others too.

Many players of all skill levels below purple state that they are actually just as good as those with unicum stats and that the only difference is that they don't platoon/ shoot premium ammo/ skip bad tanks/ play stock/ pad their stats in OP tanks and so on.

And therefore they are "just" red/yellow/green/blue.

hypothesis: they're full of crap.

experiment: playing a fresh account without a single one of these benefits. No premium, no prem rounds, no mods, no platoons, no skipping tanks...

possible results:

a) They're right and my test account will only be yellow/green as a result

b) I'm right and they have bad stats because they're bad players. My test account will be purple despite using none of the above.

Edited by AngelofAwe, 27 December 2014 - 03:50 PM.

Private_Miros #56 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postchiggy, on 27 December 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

That you don't need money, good crews, premium ammo, or free xp to be unicum.

If you aren't unicum, it's purely because others are better than you.

There is no shame in being bad/average/decent, ther eis shame in desperately trying to hide it behind excuses.

chiggy #57 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 27 December 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

That you don't need money, good crews, premium ammo, or free xp to be unicum.

If you aren't unicum, it's purely because others are better than you.

There is no shame in being bad/average/decent, ther eis shame in desperately trying to hide it behind excuses.

Thank you, that is what I needed to know.

If this is the case, then you are suggesting what you need is skill and knowledge to be good and nothing else? Correct?

But it is rare that players who are new to any game are good. Every game requires skill and knowledge acquired through experience.

If you are a player with over 20K games and you have played most of them badly, like I have, its almost impossible to move your stats up.

I just feel that your missing some key factors in your experiment and that being the match maker system.

Edited by chiggy, 27 December 2014 - 03:53 PM.

thewolfpack #58 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58486 battles
  • [LEOHQ] LEOHQ

I'm out of greens, but private_miros and Angel of Awe explanation compliments my explanation of the topic.

The study of OP also disproves "stats mean nothing" by the way.

This is not about NEW players, its about all players.

Edited by thewolfpack, 27 December 2014 - 03:53 PM.

chiggy #59 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32040 battles
  • [ROTN1] ROTN1

I realise this isn't a thread about the MM, but find me in game. I'll show you some of my games and we'll see how well you can influence a tier 8-10 game with just the one tank.

Edited by chiggy, 27 December 2014 - 03:58 PM.

AngelofAwe #60 Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 40742 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

If this is the case, then you are suggesting what you need is skill and knowledge to be good and nothing else? Correct?

Not quite, it's easier to understand if I turn it around.

If you're actually good you will perform well no matter what. You can't blame "not using prem ammo" or anything else for doing bad.

Block Quote

But it is rare that players who are new to any game are good.

It has nothing to do with new players. The only reason I do this on a new account is so that I'll have none of the benefits of my old one and so that my performance is easy to see without having to look through a list of 200 tanks played that have nothing to do with the experiment and have been played under other cirumstances.

Block Quote

If you are a player with over 20K games and you have played most of them badly, like I have, its almost impossible to move your stats up.

There are still recent stats.

Block Quote

I just feel that your missing some key factors in your experiment and that being the match maker system.

"I'm only doing bad because I get bad teams" is another argument as stupid as the others I've mentioned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users