The R-Lion (Now F2PeditedLion) F2P experiment *Finished*

• Please log in to reply
1181 replies to this topic

Klackon44 #781 Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15859 battles

View Postdc_79, on 17 January 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

I'm stunned at the braindead in this thread. angel great post and great experiment to show it's all down to the skill of the player and nothing else congrats you got the skills to pay the bills!

+1 

All the people saying its a failed experiment are actually making up their own experiments, disregarding the original post, which had a very simple goal, that is being accomplished perfectly: proove the you can get unicum stats grinding up to tier 10 without paying.

So anyone who says they are not unicum because of various reasons (gold, platoons, etc) can be told to f off...

Gruminmor #782 Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14749 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View Postghost_tiger, on 16 January 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

I'm still waiting to see those topics with moaners claiming unicums bought their stats with gold ammo.

:facepalm:

You must be new around here. 

Dragos_CS #783 Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23391 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

He has the right to use his knowledge about tanks. Why would someone possesing this knowledge play crap tanks like DW2 unless completely necessary? Only masochists do that.

The point of this freaking thread was to prove that IT IS NOT GOLD AMMO, PLATOONS, CREW RETRAINING OR ANYTHING ELSE BUT SKILL INVOLVED IN UNICUM STATS. This thread was not aimed at average players to show them how crap they are or how easy it is to get good fast at this game so stop bitching.

Private_Miros #784 Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25448 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostRichardNixon, on 17 January 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

An odd point I just noticed is that the mid-tier artillery all have very strong performance scaling above 130k XP, which is well above the 100% crew level. I don't have a good explanation for that, given that arty are not especially skill/perk dependent. It might be an issue with the method, because there's an assumption that arty skill = tank skill. Maybe people who play elited arty are likely to be much better at arty than they are at other tanks.

BIA.

ghost_tiger #785 Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12793 battles
  • [X_O] X_O

View PostRichardNixon, on 17 January 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

An odd point I just noticed is that the mid-tier artillery all have very strong performance scaling above 130k XP, which is well above the 100% crew level. I don't have a good explanation for that, given that arty are not especially skill/perk dependent. It might be an issue with the method, because there's an assumption that arty skill = tank skill. Maybe people who play elited arty are likely to be much better at arty than they are at other tanks.

As its been point out this is most likely BIA, could also be other skills (view range increase, traverse speed).

About half of players seen in randoms could be driving stock tanks, stock crew, not so skilled either (as unicums are rare) - because they are grinding. In the match we then see lights that don't scout (how could they if they cant see anything and are slow), heavies that die quickly (cant penetrate front with stock gun) and spgs that miss a lot. Whole flanks collapse in a matter of seconds. How can an average player who is severely crippled by game perform well. This is not a question for you but rather for others to think about. Why so many players perform so poorly in game. Its simply by game design. Long term stats will be poor mainly due to their skill though.

Ryuuteimaruu #786 Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1642 battles

Absolutely pointless waste of time.

1.The OP is baised.

2.Need to perform same spamming gold ammo as a comparison.

Anything that give a boost above the norm and gives advantage to that player for a premium cost doesn't matter is it's for silver or gold price is pay to win it's as simple as that.

Edited by Ryuuteimaruu, 17 January 2015 - 10:52 AM.

Private_Miros #787 Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25448 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postghost_tiger, on 17 January 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

As its been point out this is most likely BIA, could also be other skills (view range increase, traverse speed).

About half of players seen in randoms could be driving stock tanks, stock crew, not so skilled either (as unicums are rare) - because they are grinding. In the match we then see lights that don't scout (how could they if they cant see anything and are slow), heavies that die quickly (cant penetrate front with stock gun) and spgs that miss a lot. Whole flanks collapse in a matter of seconds. How can an average player who is severely crippled by game perform well. This is not a question for you but rather for others to think about. Why so many players perform so poorly in game. Its simply by game design. Long term stats will be poor mainly due to their skill though.

Lights that don't scout and heavies that die quickly are not linked to the tanks.

TwoPointsOfInterest #788 Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6107 battles
Just realised that the title of this thread got edited! Anyway keep up the good work, it's a shame you won't be able to print wn8 with the HEAT54, but I suppose this experiment is testament to the fact that you don't need prem ammo

Swoopie #789 Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 29089 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA
So after half a month, and 40 pages, they decided to moderate the thread title? Wow, keep up the good work moderation!

Lycopersicon #790 Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11021 battles
editedLion :facepalm:  Mods, hold your horses a bit, otherwise we'll soon have just blank posts here.

ghost_tiger #791 Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12793 battles
  • [X_O] X_O
WG should also ban the RetardedLion account for having an offensive name! :teethhappy::teethhappy:

specialsmith #792 Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15850 battles
  • [FDFK] FDFK

View Postghost_tiger, on 16 January 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

Bravo, finally an intelligent statement among the garbage I get from other players. I completely agree.

again you're spot on. This test account is a waste of time.

Omg these two guys... :O

Askorti #793 Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11776 battles

I suspect mods themselves got offended by the word... If you know what I mean.

About the experiment itself, why is it always the bad players that say that unicums buy their stats with gold, platoons and so on?

NDS #794 Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

Major

• Player
  • 15025 battles
  • [SA-AS] SA-AS

edited title 

olukej #795 Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 100 battles

View PostSwoopie, on 17 January 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

So after half a month, and 40 pages, they decided to moderate the thread title? Wow, keep up the good work moderation!

They moderated the title shorty after Garbad posted in the thread. 

Coincidence? :hiding:

View PostAskorti, on 17 January 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

About the experiment itself, why is it always the bad players that say that unicums buy their stats with gold, platoons and so on?

You haven't met vargata have you? :trollface:

Edited by olukej, 17 January 2015 - 11:47 AM.

AngelofAwe #796 Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 41764 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

MODS! What are you doing to my beautiful title?

You're just jealous I picked the name before you, aren't you? Admit it!

View Postclocky, on 17 January 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

failed experiment. Mainly because :

1) he went on the easiest route (soviets)

2) he played very few games in tanks that hurted his winrate and WN8  and concentrated on tanks  that are good for that. So he used his knowledge to skip certain "bad" winrate/wn8 tanks. Noobs don't know that and never do that so that makes your little experiment useless.  Why have  you skipped MT25 and went for the awesome T34-85?  Right... ; Just proves my point.

3. Arty/TD ? No , you can't carry.

So in other words , when you are trying to make an experiment ... be fair and don't try to prove your point by going the easiest way. You just demonstrated that right tanks are better than equipment and crew which is true to a point and a good player can and will farm WN8 if he chooses the right tanks. We already knew that...

You have to be kidding...

Yes, T-43, T-44 (especially stock) and stock T-54 which make up the major part of the entire grind are such awesome carry tanks without premium ammo. Wow... 

View Postclocky, on 17 January 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

if this test would have been fair , he should have played them all not special picked to ease my pain , carry and buff my stats tanks. 

I will give him my German DW2 , and i will let him prove how easy is to win/stats without money/premium ammo involved. [edited].

My statement remains. Failed experiment.

DW2? I repeat my previous statement, you have to be kidding.

You even posted this yourself "2) he played very few games in tanks that hurted his winrate and WN8  and concentrated on tanks that are good for that."

And then you claim I should have gone DW2 line? How much does the DW2 tier 4 tank impact your overall stats in a grind from tier 1 to 10? Every tank following the DW2 is way "better" as in easier to play with the limitations my account is under.

They all have awesome guns which would make the prem ammo limitation mean absolutely nothing.

Do you even think before you post or are you just trying to make excuses to feel better about yourself?

View PostRyuuteimaruu, on 17 January 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

Absolutely pointless waste of time.

1.The OP is baised.

2.Need to perform same spamming gold ammo as a comparison.

Anything that give a boost above the norm and gives advantage to that player for a premium cost doesn't matter is it's for silver or gold price is pay to win it's as simple as that.

1. You mean "biased". I don't know in what way I can be "biased" in regards to this experiment or how that would impact the result though.

2. Not really. If you want a comparison to a limited prem ammo use/ limited platoons/ premium account/ elited tanks you can just look at AoA's recents.

Fullgatsu #797 Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14420 battles

View Postconductiv, on 17 January 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

for now the difference of "occasional gold ammo use and moderate-high premium use" versus "no gold ammo use and full F2P" is roughly 10% WN8 on recent stats. keep in mind there is quite a large margin of error in recent stats (due to small sample sizes) so I have no idea if this 10% is actually significant enough (as in...I have no idea if the difference is statistically large enough that it would not qualify as "identical". )

That 10% difference could be because AngelofAwe is still on the T-44 which isn't that great for getting high WN8 due to not being the best offensively, He shouldn't have problem hitting 3500 WN8 at his skill level on a elite T-54 or the tier 10.

View Postclocky, on 17 January 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

if this test would have been fair , he should have played them all not special picked to ease my pain , carry and buff my stats tanks. 

I will give him my German DW2 , and i will let him prove how easy is to win/stats without money/premium ammo involved. [edited].

My statement remains. Failed experiment.

Sure it would hurt him for a few games then he would have enough exp to move up the tree and he wouldn't have to play it anymore just like how it's for everyone else. The rest of that line isn't hard and even have some great machines like the Tiger and E75.

AngelofAwe #798 Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 41764 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

*700 games update* (now with more statistics & images)

Okay, 700 games have passed... and I'm STILL at the T-44, will this grind ever end or what? Well I have about 20k exp to go until the T-54 is unlocked, then I can enjoy that stock grind for half an eternity.

Well almost stock anyway, I have earned enough free exp by this point (25k) to get the turret immediately and then just grind out the 60k for a decent gun, which will be the 201mm pen one. I value aim time and accuracy way above pen in this case.

Well back to the T-44. The stats have gone on increasing and I got my 3 marks of excellence a while ago. The rating maxed out at 96,5% and has since dropped about 2% again.

WR has gone back above 60% in the tank and average damage went straight past 1700 up to 1735. (+135 since last update)

As my T-44 stats have been recovering my overalls have as well, both in WR and WN8 as seen in images posted below.

Current WN8

Service record

T-44 stats

WN8 ratings of my 3 last tanks. You can kind of begin to see a trend, right?

And here are the interesting statistics of my journey thus far:

Spoiler

A) Can you guess where I got the stock T-44 and at which point I unlocked the second gun based on WN8?

That's right, 350 and 500.

B) Why do I get a "wavy" WR?

The answer is - because I'm playing close to the limit of my current skill, (under these limitations) 61-63% solo WR while grinding tanks and not using premium ammo.

C) Average damage going up without exception for obvious reasons as my average tier rises and I can take advantage of higher tier tanks.

D) Average exp is in a sense the most interesting curve here, I believe you can see why. It's a straight line at ~700 average base exp (1050 premium). Average exp is the indicator of your performance and win rate combined. That we see a line is more proof of what I said earlier, I'm playing very close to my limit under these conditions as would be expected of a new account.

And one last image, how have I been performing recently? Wotlabs is slightly behind at 697 games played but... 3 games here or there. The important thing is past 24h and last 7 days. From this you can see that if I stuck to the T-44/ T-34-85 elited tanks and played ONLY them in their current elited state I'd max out at around 3800-4000 WN8 and 65% WR without using a single premium shell or platoons.

Spoiler

Edited by AngelofAwe, 17 January 2015 - 02:16 PM.

Kurosawa #799 Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7842 battles

So after 40 pages we learned that

- good players are good

- gold is a force enhancer but skilled players can compensate for lack of gold ammo and use it better.

- good players like to stroke there ego

-[Edited]

Not really a surprise

edit: +1 for 40 pages...

edit 2: this post was edited by mods because your not allowed to talk about to criticize WG or there forum mods

Edited by Kurosawa, 18 January 2015 - 04:38 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. -FireflyDivision

_b_ #800 Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 57825 battles
Great experiment, going to be fun to see how you end up :-)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users