Anti-Cheat / Illegal mods

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

DipSticks #1 Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19381 battles
  • [UN1TE] UN1TE

So ive heard about warpack and allot of other mods that give great advantages. The information is allready out there for over a year or longer.

What I dont understand is .. Why ... why is there still no "anti-cheat" or "anti-illegal-mod" system in place?

The ammount of illegal mods, cheaters, aimbotters, etc are growing and its being ignored for such a long time. And it shouldnt be like that in a game where allot of people pay for. 

Speed_Gil #2 Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12044 battles
  • [RTFOD] RTFOD

There are only mods which show you the position where enemy tanks are aiming and pinging where enemy tanks destroy an obstacle, from what I understand.

All the aimbotters, cheaters and other gibberish is just bs players come up with as an excuse how they died.

Edited by Nimmeth, 31 December 2014 - 12:53 AM.

Raffy5 #3 Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26711 battles

View PostNimmeth, on 31 December 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

There are only mods which show you the position where enemy tanks are aiming and pinging where enemy tanks destroy an obstacle, from what I understand.

All the aimbotters, cheaters and other gibberish is just bs players come up with as an excuse how they died.

How can you say there are only mods? This type of mods are CHEATS. Unlike the xvm that tells you at best the last know position, some view range crap and other stuff that are not so important, the 2 "mods" you mentioned are giving the user an extra edge. He can pre aim at a location the mod told him you are coming. Same for showing where enemies are aiming since you can get out of cover in safety and shoot since you are 100% sure they are looking else where. 

I for one hope WG will do something about this "mods".

llVIU #4 Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 37987 battles
  • [TKSPG] TKSPG

What I don't understand is that apparently mostly the red 0-700 wn8 tomatos seem to have perfect accuracy... (as if they have hacks) and hardly any blue/unicum... (from what I saw in-game)

Anyway, anyone who uses cheats should just be permanently banned, no second chances

oh and why is this in clan zone?

Edited by llVIU, 31 December 2014 - 05:34 AM.

kluskowaty #5 Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22849 battles
  • [AQQ] AQQ

View PostFlection, on 31 December 2014 - 12:39 AM, said:

So ive heard about warpack and allot of other mods that give great advantages. The information is allready out there for over a year or longer.

What I dont understand is .. Why ... why is there still no "anti-cheat" or "anti-illegal-mod" system in place?

The ammount of illegal mods, cheaters, aimbotters, etc are growing and its being ignored for such a long time. And it shouldnt be like that in a game where allot of people pay for. 

There's no such term as 'illegal mods' on EU server. You can use every single mod, it's only up to your conscience. According to the question you asked in your main post (the underlined one): some time ago, similar discussion took part in my native language forum section (Polish), where i asked the same question, as you - to be more precised, I asked, why there's still no 'illegal mods list' valid for EU server (be aware that such a list exists on NA and RU server). Here is the official answer made by WG Staff member.

Translation:

There are many various reasons for that, but I'll relate to only two of them:

- mod creators are so ingenius that such a list would be incomplete from the very beginning;

- such a list would mean that other mods (not included in the list) are acceptable, that would cause many misunderstandings and (here's the funniest part of his post) we want to avoid that.

It means that WG EU staff is too lazy and unqualified to even copy list of forbidden mods from other servers and make it valid here (yeah, such a very hard job to do).

DipSticks #6 Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19381 battles
  • [UN1TE] UN1TE

Just check out "warpack" or one of those multiplayer cheat forums. A shitload of mods out there.. SOme even show that "rubble" is falling on places on the minimap.. So people can counter that in stronghold battles because they know exactly what the enemy is doing... That crapyou dont see when you play "normal"

Everybody knows this. And Wargaming also knows it.. But they just dont do anything about it... Thats the problem!

AngelofAwe #7 Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
I really don't give a crap what mods people use, doesn't help them enough to boost their skill anyway.

HanZi #8 Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44705 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

Skills????? they dont have any, thats why the play dirty.

And as long as YOU, (or people like me, that just have the game installed.) we are VERY often being raped by those, who cant play without having an unfair advantage.

And yes, WG gives a crap..... Coz the ModBots pays alot of cash, for free xp or prem ammo.

GTRaPToR #9 Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 20143 battles
  • [UEA] UEA

View Postpussinbootsraffy, on 31 December 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

How can you say there are only mods? This type of mods are CHEATS. Unlike the xvm that tells you at best the last know position, some view range crap and other stuff that are not so important, the 2 "mods" you mentioned are giving the user an extra edge. He can pre aim at a location the mod told him you are coming. Same for showing where enemies are aiming since you can get out of cover in safety and shoot since you are 100% sure they are looking else where. 

I for one hope WG will do something about this "mods".

So you need a mod to see which way your enemy is looking? Also WOT has the "last known position" built in, you don't need XVM for that.

When enemy is behind a building you just zoom out and check where he's aiming at, shouldn't be hard.

You can go ahead and use that magical "aimbot", it's same as WOT autoaim. I don't care. It won't give you anything. It may boost potatoes results a little bit, but a potato still gets wrecked, no matter what he uses. 

Edited by EscapeArtist, 03 January 2015 - 07:41 AM.

AngelofAwe #10 Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles

View PostHanZi, on 03 January 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

And as long as YOU, (or people like me, that just have the game installed.) we are VERY often being raped by those, who cant play without having an unfair advantage.

And yes, WG gives a crap..... Coz the ModBots pays alot of cash, for free xp or prem ammo.

Weren't you the guy crying about "wallhacks" and "aimbots" in a topic?

I don't use mods, not a single one. Doesn't make a difference and I've never seen any "hacks" in my 25,000 games.

_SgtBomber_ #11 Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 18664 battles
  • [CRYPT] CRYPT

View PostHanZi, on 03 January 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

Actually you are wrong.. Competition at the highest level of WN8 hunters is tough. You can compare it to doping in sports, you just don't want to give the advantage to another player rolling out without some extra goodies (bush removals, minimap extensions, "3-D" weakspots)

There are many FC's using for the mod that shows destroyes objects in minimap, why? Well if you don't get it pls do not continue further with replies. But you can think about the advantage that it gives for the FC's to react etc etc.. OR a solo-player to hunt down the last couple enemies well hidden at K0..

If you give all those mods for a regular potato it simply does make a 3/10 difference in his gameplay.

PS. I am not saying that all awesome gamers do it, but surely many have tested them just to see how it could benefit them in the long run..

Raffy5 #12 Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26711 battles

View PostEscapeArtist, on 03 January 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

So you need a mod to see which way your enemy is looking? Also WOT has the "last known position" built in, you don't need XVM for that.

When enemy is behind a building you just zoom out and check where he's aiming at, shouldn't be hard.

You can go ahead and use that magical "aimbot", it's same as WOT autoaim. I don't care. It won't give you anything. It may boost potatoes results a little bit, but a potato still gets wrecked, no matter what he uses. 

So you are bothered but this that can really help you making it easier so you do not need to actually put the aim on the enemy tank while in zoom out and see where the barrel is aiming. But you do not find the one that shows destructed objects on map, mod that used in CW or stronghold can give the enemy a real advantage. Mod that can also help a potato in random that will turn towards where the things are destroyed and can wait for you fully aimed and blow you back to the garage. 

But maybe some of you do not get the cheat thing and what this really means. 

@FourtyCannonsOfBomBer I bet there are FC in good clans that use that mod. The temptation is too much and the edge if gives as well, ofc noob clan vs good clan won't make a difference but good clan vs good clan that extra edge will give you the win maybe 8 out of 10 games.

Gragento #13 Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47177 battles

View PostFlection, on 30 December 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

You, human or bot? This king of afirmation (post) leads me to ask this kind of stuff..sry for that..m8

GTRaPToR #14 Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 20143 battles
  • [UEA] UEA

View Postpussinbootsraffy, on 03 January 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

So you are bothered but this that can really help you making it easier so you do not need to actually put the aim on the enemy tank while in zoom out and see where the barrel is aiming. But you do not find the one that shows destructed objects on map, mod that used in CW or stronghold can give the enemy a real advantage. Mod that can also help a potato in random that will turn towards where the things are destroyed and can wait for you fully aimed and blow you back to the garage. 

But maybe some of you do not get the cheat thing and what this really means. 

@FourtyCannonsOfBomBer I bet there are FC in good clans that use that mod. The temptation is too much and the edge if gives as well, ofc noob clan vs good clan won't make a difference but good clan vs good clan that extra edge will give you the win maybe 8 out of 10 games.

I don't need to put my aim on the enemy tank now either when I wish to know where he's looking at. I just zoom out and see what he's doing behind buildings.

Potatoes can use what they want. They can't even work out what's happening on the default minimap. I will find and kill them before they react anyway.

Edited by EscapeArtist, 05 January 2015 - 04:05 AM.

Raffy5 #15 Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26711 battles

Still you are missing the point.

You go with that stupid gun direction thing, yes you can see if his behind a building but if his in a bush you do not see unless you have that mod that removes trees and bushes, so do you have it?

And the most important one that can be used in CW, Skirmishes, Stronghold battles and team battles telling you where the enemy is coming or if they divided their forces and other info that you not get any other way - you say it is not worth it?

So like I said you are missing the point, good clan vs good clan with such mods will give the edge to the clan that uses this mods, simply because the FC can react faster and has more info about the enemies positions before the initial spot is made. But I bet you wont get it this time either (you will go on and on how you can kill patato even if they have these mods good for you) so I will stop here.

WG will do crapabout this.

Grimbru #16 Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4539 battles

I think it's fair to say that in 99% of the situations where some cries 'Hacker!', the explanation is that they simply don't understand the game mechanics, were a victim of RNGesus being cruel, or had a lag issue of some kind.

When it comes to mods, we do have systems in place to fight users of mods considered to be giving unfair advantages or those that find other ways to cheat (although the truth is that the options a few and far between). Simply because we do not publicly communicate on what measures we take or the systems we have in place does not mean that nothing is being done. If you do want to assist though, there is a simple way in which you can do so  - use the in game report function. However before you do so, ask yourself if you really think someone is 'Hacking', or if you just need to have a think about what happened and come to the reasonable conclusion below.

Being good at this game is not simply down to what mods you use. There is a lot to learn and understand, and RNGesus will give you headaches at times.

-Grimbru

Neilloss46 #17 Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13133 battles
  • [MIND] MIND