Thought some people may be interested in the new Xbox Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

JacKTh4RiPPa #1 Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 950 battles

I do both PC and Xbox (started Xbox first, as didn't have a computer to play WoT) and i snapped up and reviewed the new Xbox Exclusive premium.

If you don't care then fair enough and move along. no need to stick around to tell us that you don't and why you don't.. because i don't care that you don't care... :teethhappy:

Edited by deathsxdeeler, 31 December 2014 - 09:44 AM.

soolerman #2 Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
Nice vid mate. The game looks a lot different on the box. Shame this tank will not be on the PC and I like the thing of being able to use two nations crew in it. War Thunder has a converted T-34 as a premium to and its a stone cold killer.

Kuraikage #3 Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 986 battles

Going to be quite honest, I skipped over most of the garage part of the video and did not bother with the battle, seeing as I own the tank already and there's really not much to get out of talking about the reload and yada yada when I can see that myself.

Doing so probably meant I didn't catch it, but did you at all mention what the gun depression is of the T-34-88 as it's something I've been very curious about as the gun depression seems better to me than the 85, although I'm probably just not playing enough of the 85 to figure it out.

The tank itself is just 'good', I would not at all be surprised if Wargaming nerf it at some point because for a premium tank it plays out like your standard Tier VI Medium with just a slightly bigger gun than it's brother but not being as bad as the VK.30.01(P).

I tend to find myself at the top of the board with the tank, even in Tier VIII battles and I'm not really towards the idea that I'm good with it because I could not stand playing most of the T-34-85, got a lovely game where I effectively got a Defender medal almost 3 times by facing off against 4 tanks and winning which really made me wish to have recording software at the time.

The L/56 seems to work a bit better than the Flatpanzer version, though I cannot say anything about the 30.01(P) and the 36.01(H), being mounted higher up it can even frontally penetrate a Jumbo since you aren't shooting upwards at the upper frontal plate.

Overall I'd be happy to say I paid £20 for the T-34-88 alone, the 30 days of Premium are just there, I doubt I'll use the 2 garage slots and I've never had to use any Gold ammo in the tank yet despite the lower penetration than the best 85.

Tl;dr: For a tank that you pay money for, it plays almost as good as it's counterpart the T-34-85, earns more XP, the same amount of Silver and can train both German and Russian Crews.

Edited by Kuraikage, 02 January 2015 - 04:39 PM.

JacKTh4RiPPa #4 Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 950 battles

View Postsoolerman, on 02 January 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

Nice vid mate. The game looks a lot different on the box. Shame this tank will not be on the PC and I like the thing of being able to use two nations crew in it. War Thunder has a converted T-34 as a premium to and its a stone cold killer.

Thanks. I think if there was enough demand they'd bring it to PC because the potential income.

View PostKuraikage, on 02 January 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Going to be quite honest, I skipped over most of the garage part of the video and did not bother with the battle, seeing as I own the tank already and there's really not much to get out of talking about the reload and yada yada when I can see that myself.

Doing so probably meant I didn't catch it, but did you at all mention what the gun depression is of the T-34-88 as it's something I've been very curious about as the gun depression seems better to me than the 85, although I'm probably just not playing enough of the 85 to figure it out.

The tank itself is just 'good', I would not at all be surprised if Wargaming nerf it at some point because for a premium tank it plays out like your standard Tier VI Medium with just a slightly bigger gun than it's brother but not being as bad as the VK.30.01(P).

I tend to find myself at the top of the board with the tank, even in Tier VIII battles and I'm not really towards the idea that I'm good with it because I could not stand playing most of the T-34-85, got a lovely game where I effectively got a Defender medal almost 3 times by facing off against 4 tanks and winning which really made me wish to have recording software at the time.

The L/56 seems to work a bit better than the Flatpanzer version, though I cannot say anything about the 30.01(P) and the 36.01(H), being mounted higher up it can even frontally penetrate a Jumbo since you aren't shooting upwards at the upper frontal plate.

Overall I'd be happy to say I paid £20 for the T-34-88 alone, the 30 days of Premium are just there, I doubt I'll use the 2 garage slots and I've never had to use any Gold ammo in the tank yet despite the lower penetration than the best 85.

Tl;dr: For a tank that you pay money for, it plays almost as good as it's counterpart the T-34-85, earns more XP, the same amount of Silver and can train both German and Russian Crews.

The gun depression is the same as the 85. The main thing for this tank imo is it's dpm. With BIA, Rammer and Vents it had a DPM of over 2500. Which is better than a pershing or T-44. Admitedly the pen is relatively poor at tier 7 and 8. But with prem it isn't bad at all and there are lots of ways to get a tank to pen with low pen (weakspots/side/rear). So i'd argue right now even the cromwell is poor compared to the T-34-88. It's just such a great tank. And i completely understand about the skipping over and stuff. The video was for people to get an idea of the tank and if they wanted to buy it as it was avaibale for 1 week only, so as you own it already it'd mean very little. :)

Kuraikage #5 Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

Major

• Player
  • 986 battles

Well by this point it's over, but seeing as WoT Xbox keeps giving us 'another chance' to by a clone of an M4A3E8, they will probably let people buy the 88 again.

The pen really throws away that DPM of 2,500, it can still do great in games and killing top tier isn't exactly impossible but the gun seems to like not penetrating the hull of T29's.

And I never though I'd have the problem of not penetrating the hull of an American Heavy.

I don't load much Gold ammo, I probably should load a bit more, I fired my first two shots of it yesterday at an IS who really wanted me dead, and I really wanted him to be mad at me, so at the end of that match we're both equally c**ts.

It isn't completely OP and other tanks can easily beat it the same way they beat a T-34-85, especially the other Tier VI Mediums.

The problem is when an E8 rams into your rear as you try to track a herp-a-derp T29 and then jams his blooming tank on a hill where he can't shoot you, or a T-34-85 firing Gold with the top 85mm.

The 88 by default seems to have better players driving it, while idiots obviously also got it, the £20 threw most of the 5 year old kids off of it and instead they went for Super Pershings, so even though the other Tier VI Meds can beat the 88 in a one on one brawl, the players driving it tend to give away their only advantage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users