Stronghold - Encounter mode with two bases, best solution?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DipSticks #1 Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19366 battles
  • [UN1TE] UN1TE

Hello guys,

I was really frustrated today about how clans seem to approach the skirmish battles. Basicly almost every game the enemy was camping their base with all of there tanks. We have tested and even noticed that it doesnt matter if we would camp because then the result was just a draw..

I was wondering how those people approach the game ...because what is going through their heads .. And then I was thinking how to solve this problem and make an insentive how they actually NEED to move out from base. And I was thinking why the skirmish battles arent encounter modes? But then you can still just camp somewhere arround the base.

Another solution which might actually work is the an encounter mode approached the same as the current teambattles. With two bases. Means that both team have two bases they can CAP. Both of bases then have to either be defended or attacked and there will usually always be a winner or at least a fight! Because at the moment most clans just camp base and say "GOOD LUCK ENEMY WE SIT HERE WITH TEA"

Sorry for the clans that have camped and have encountered my rage.. But I really really cannot understand what must go through your head that you only can think of camping as the best tactic to win. Basically your idea of the game is to defend your base or to draw a game.. There is no winners mentality in actually getting your enemies base at all. So this is why I think an encounter mode with two bases would give more interesting games that is currently the case.

What are your thoughts??

Oh btw its not that only noob clans camp base.. Even clans or teams with 1500-2200 wn8 we have encountered to just camp base.. EVEN if we had two tier 5 tanks in our setup. 

Athanati_Este #2 Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40399 battles
  • [K4E] K4E

take 6 fast tanks and 1 arty. problemo solved.

and its old story. they have been camping since stronghold was introduced. 

Xensation #3 Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Commander
  • 15736 battles
Denying their opponents a victory is a huge success in most people's books, so they're okay with camping for draws.

dacorny #4 Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44426 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Remember their clan tag and attack their stronghold and tell em why you attacked it.

NiemandXL #5 Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:07 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View Postdacorny, on 02 January 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

Remember their clan tag and attack their stronghold and tell em why you attacked it.

This^^

And yes, all that camping really is annoying because it gets boring when in 4 out of 5 games you have to dig the same red camper out of the same hiding holes somewhere in their base. Encounter mode would be a good idea, it would be better for those camper as well. Because by camping in base they will never ever learn how to play this game and basically deny themselves the chance to improve and get better.

Edited by NiemandXL, 02 January 2015 - 06:09 AM.

DipSticks #6 Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19366 battles
  • [UN1TE] UN1TE

It gets really really boring indeed. You hear the .. " aah they are camping AGAIN " on teamspeak.. so many times. People even dont want to play strongholds anymore because of all the camping stuff. Depends on the map you can easily outplay them. But with a map where there is only 1 entrance thats it gets harder. 

So why isn't it just an encounter mode with two bases? That will solve allot! Because you HAVE to make a move then an you cannot stay at spawn. I think encounter makes more sense then assault-mode because assault will just give the same problem.

iBeerNL #7 Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18081 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X

Put the time limit also to 15 minutes?

It is 10 minutes now, but if you have 15 minutes you can take 2 ore mabye 3 arties. With 10 minutes that is almost impossible imo.

Monster95alpha19 #8 Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35389 battles
  • [TKEA] TKEA
camping = arty's paradise

richblaster #9 Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 12140 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
sadly most of those [edited]have stronkhold lvl 4 ofc, and they know why. So no attack on them. I think we have almost mastered the art of digging out campers after almost 6000 skirms (who really just camp, its like Flection and Xen says, they will NEVER MOVE, and draw is victory in their eyes). This sometimes leads to stupid yolos when finally an enemy does NOT camp, and losses sometimes because of this xD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users