How common it is that unicum clan sealclubs hugely weaker clans in Strongholds?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Romisame #1 Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27480 battles

So, question is in title, how common it is and does it really give any fun or satisfaction to these very skillful clans?

Reason, why I am asking this is, that tonight my clans stronghold is attacked by hugely overpowered clan. Their average WN8 is almost 2,5 times our average, so our chances are pretty slim to win even one battle. Well, I am not whining about that, because system allows it and every clan can attack every clan whos stronghold can be attacked. But what does it give to clan like that? I mean, there is no challenge for them, just plain sealclubbing. And due our low level of buildings, there is not huge amount of resources to be gain either. I personally don't mind a challenge and if I had clan full of players around same skill-level than I have, it would not be weird. But now I am top player in my clan and everyone else is behind me(at least when measured with WN8 and such), so there is no challenge to any unicum clan to beat us. I play this game mostly for the challenge it gives to me, so what is motive to these attacks? Is it that it is just easy, no efford way to gain few resourses? Sealclubbing is fun and challenging? Or are they just boosting their WR and are afraid to attack stronger clans with possibility of defeat?

tom_Cat #2 Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40253 battles
Probably one .. or a few of them .. got clicked in game by the almighty farty ... and the player was from your clan ... so it was payback time  :trollface:

Rimmer_WarMashinerija #3 Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 48793 battles
Its simple m8 find yourself a clan whitch suits your wn8 skill or your gameplay... Or simply let them have it without fight... Or look topic cure to arty  maybe that answer of your question :))

Path64 #4 Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26847 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If your clan is not very good or commited to playing against other possibly much better clans just don't build your stronghold up to the level where you are open for attacks.  You still get bonuses.

Blue_Badger #5 Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14504 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

I can think of 2 good reasons why your clan may have been attacked:

1) You put the defense time stupidly late and the BSOPS, or similar came and hunted you scembeeks down.

2) Some of your clan members did something daft in randoms and they added you to their "hitlist". 

Romisame #6 Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27480 battles

At least defence time is not too late, I think. It is 21.00 to 22.00 at our time here in Finland, so that can be ruled out at least.

But actions in randoms, that is harder to find out. Maybe someone has artied some of them or maybe even killed some in fair fights. If that is the reason, it only tells how smallminded some players are. I have been killed by very bad players in randoms, with or without arty. And I have killed many better players than I am. It is part of this game, not worth more than momentarily raging by myself. Maybe some just take this game too seriously.

Romisame #7 Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27480 battles
There is a huge amount of clans in range of +/-25%(like RNG) around our average skill-level, that is the main reason for building stronghold high enough to be attacked. There has been great fights with around equal clans and they are enjoyed by my clanmates and me. And we can fight with better clans too, as I said, it is not forbidden. But where is the fun in that? It is not fun for them and not for us(unless we win).

Kolmiopaavo #8 Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43743 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
"We are farmers, not fighters" HonorX regarding on FAME attacking weaker clans in SH :trollface:

Atrevir #9 Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18480 battles
  • [PTS-D] PTS-D
One stronghold raid alone tends to leave you with more resources for the time you spend in it then skirmishes do. So why not farm? Especially for unicorn clans it's easy. If some arty player focuses you all match because xvm, has a cute clan with tier 5 command center. Then it's raiding time to fight the disease

Trevez #10 Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 32327 battles
  • [TAC] TAC

So first thing is you should be grateful that you are getting taught a lesson by the stronger clans that are attacking you. How do you expect to improve if you are just fighting teams around your skill level?

Second no I don't think unicums team's don't get anything out of beating you guy's... First of all they know all 15 tanks will be camping in k0 and have to spend the next 4-5 mins breaking down. It's not even like they can practice some strats against you because you will not show them anything that any other camping team has done before.

Lastly, take them 2 points on board and give them a fight! don't run around complaining on the forums that you are getting attacked!

If you are still unhappy because your team doesn't want to improve, then move to a clan that does.

GL hope that helps

Blue_Badger #11 Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14504 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostRomisame, on 02 January 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

At least defence time is not too late, I think. It is 21.00 to 22.00 at our time here in Finland, so that can be ruled out at least.

But actions in randoms, that is harder to find out. Maybe someone has artied some of them or maybe even killed some in fair fights. If that is the reason, it only tells how smallminded some players are. I have been killed by very bad players in randoms, with or without arty. And I have killed many better players than I am. It is part of this game, not worth more than momentarily raging by myself. Maybe some just take this game too seriously.

Its not small minded, its just a bit of fun :)

We'd fully expect any other clan to do the same to us. Maybe that's why SCRUB hasn't upgraded yet.

maroar #12 Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29677 battles
  • [G__G] G__G

They will have a reason for it. Probably one of the reasons given by others above me.

And they pick targets that way as well, as how else would we have to pick them?

(And no we don't farm "weaker clans" we also farm UNICA :D)

Romisame #13 Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27480 battles
Well, I get the idea of farming in any game, mostly I have seen it in online strategy games and stronghold part of this game is similar too. And I don't mind if some good clans attack us, at least as it doesn't occur too often. We'll fight them and try to take as many of them with us to destruction as possible. My intrest in this topic is/was motives of these attacks. Thanks for nice answers so far :)

Alteisen #14 Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16739 battles

View PostRomisame, on 02 January 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

That's probably why. Are your structures at a high level aswell? Clans will attack anyone who puts up the defence time in a sensible hour. It is a good addition to clan wars and the boxes from the raid are always nice. 

Edited by Alteisen, 02 January 2015 - 07:01 PM.

Romisame #15 Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27480 battles
Not very high level, Command Center at level 6, others at level 5. So raiding gives 1700 boxes, I think. Of course, it is more profitable than playing 3 skirmishes.

Romisame #16 Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27480 battles
There was no lesson to learn from them, of course we lost every game, but they didn't do anything that we hadn't seen before. Apparently the reason was, that someone had said to someone something in randoms and they tried to teach us something. Maybe they had their fun, while I don't see any satisfaction for that top-11 clan to beat 2100+ positioned clan. Exept boxes and great boost to self-esteem as a moral police of WoT :medal:

GTRaPToR #17 Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 20143 battles
  • [UEA] UEA

View PostRomisame, on 03 January 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

There was no lesson to learn from them, of course we lost every game, but they didn't do anything that we hadn't seen before. Apparently the reason was, that someone had said to someone something in randoms and they tried to teach us something. Maybe they had their fun, while I don't see any satisfaction for that top-11 clan to beat 2100+ positioned clan. Exept boxes and great boost to self-esteem as a moral police of WoT :medal:

You can't be teached if you sit in K0.

Romisame #18 Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27480 battles
It is quite hard to sit in K0 in Pearl River, when defending, it is just next to enemy base. There tactic actually wasn't so big breaker and we were able to do something. But then there was 2 times Malinovka and there it is hard to do anything against overpowered enemy. Attackers tactics were same old as every clan we have fought there, execution was better, of course.

GTRaPToR #19 Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20143 battles
  • [UEA] UEA
You don't need to come up with anything special vs a clan who ain't doing anything special. You can YOLO from all sides too if you want. Game is won purely by solo skill then.

Edited by EscapeArtist, 03 January 2015 - 03:12 PM.

Romisame #20 Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27480 battles
I think we have never fought with BEST, so there is some misconception about our tactics generally. We do not prefer camping neither we yolo very often. We try to use our resources and available tanks as good as possible. More practice is needed of course, our rushes are not very effective usually, some times thought, they are. I am always testing new tactics and positions in maps, so many times, our tactic is very unconventional. Opposing teams just tend to come same way, no matter who they are.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users