Below average player looking for a guild to improve?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

beesod #1 Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4351 battles

New to WoT with only 3k battles under the helm. I have only been playing for free so far, but I want to learn more about the game and improve, hopefully to be good enough in the future to join clan wars and other games apart from random battles.

I have mostly tier 4 and 5 tanks, with one tier 6 and more coming soon (currently training crew skills).Tier 7 is near also. I play every tank apart from scouts, which I fail miserably with.

Is there any casual guild out there with some decent players who can teach a thing or two? I also have a friend around the same level as me interested. We are both British, so would need an english speaking guild. We are also interested in Strongholds and any benefits they can bring, 2x xp and money on certain days for example?

We arent serious players currently, but we could be if we got better. Any questions etc, please ask :)

Here is my noobmeter

Thanks for reading.

Trevez #2 Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 32327 battles
  • [TAC] TAC

Ill respond as your honest and british!

I wish you best of luck in your search, I don't know of any personally that will take you on with your current stats. However what you will see in this thread is a bunch of copy paste hero's who recruit anyone and everyone with no actual intentions of teaching anyone.

When you get your first responses be sure to ask the commander what he will do to ensure you continue improving.

Also if you have the time, I could spend 2-3 games in a platoon with you just pointing out a couple of basics.... im not a unicum or anything but have gained a lot of experience on my wot journey.

Ill be on pretty much all weekend, so feel free to PM me in game... i don't have more time than 2-3 games, as i have my own clan to help... but id be happy to point out a few basics.

Hope that helps

Trevez

rustysprite #3 Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22171 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I would recommend SGTA

They are a tank academy and will teach you much

Good luck  ;)

Edit - Nice offer Trevez +1

Edited by rustysprite, 02 January 2015 - 06:06 PM.

wilky130 #4 Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 20182 battles
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6
PM sent

La_Lafayette #5 Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8833 battles
Sent you a message mate :)

Bacteriophage #6 Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15062 battles
  • [E-TC] E-TC

Dear friend,

First of all I recommend visiting this site daily : ftr.wot-news.com This site normally does not have guides but most of the posts have useful information, Translated Q&A s made with russian dev s in streams and has a very very useful and great arty guide. If you want to read arty guide you have to search tyra arty guide ftr or pushing "older posts" at ftr manually cause that post is a couple of weeks old.

And for improving your game skills beware that there are shitloads of information witch are not always correct in the net, Don't waste your time reading something useless.

There are some basic skills you have to master like shooting, driving, covering, getting cover, etc. 

Even the way you drive from a to b matters. The route you choose affects your surviveability and elapsed time. Also You have to know every tanks weak spot and when,how, and where to shoot in every situation to get the best stats. These are basic skills and information you have to know like penetration mechanics, MM, spotting and camo mechanics, and shooting and flanking and other things.

You yourself will get used to the game soon and find a way to play but reading useful stuff really really helps the process.For example every newcomer uses auto aim right click every time but soon they know its better to aim manually and using auto aim is better just when flanking and circling. Your skill and basic information is not always relative to battle tiers you have experienced.

After basic skills  and information its time to master some hard and pro tactics and skills, These can take years of training to master. Note that never let your schooling interfere with your education. After getting the essential knowledge about the game and how it works find your own way of play and enjoy it, 

Edited by Bacteriophage, 02 January 2015 - 07:05 PM.

Strydr_ #7 Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20196 battles

Defo take Trevez up on his offer guys! Great player knows what he is on about.

Also you and your mate are more than welcome to come and play, chat and learn with us and Defiance. We're a British based community and will defo help you out!

Best Regards

Edge

Edited by That_Edge_Guy, 02 January 2015 - 09:18 PM.

VDMMAN #8 Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7335 battles

Outcast Rebel Gaming is a multi national English speaking clan.

Led by a passionate staff

Why not join us for a dynamic, fun, mature gaming environment.

All members 18+

What we Offer:

Military Rank System with Option of promotion

Platoon running

Training Program

Friday Free Experience Bonus

Saturday Credit Bonus

Sunday Special Instruction Bonus

Monday Crew Experience Bonus

Wednesday Combat Experience

Member of the Month ??? Gold Bonus

Stronghold Mode

Forum access

Teamspeak 3 (Base in London UK)

http://outcastrebel.com

Fluffy_Bad_Squirrel #9 Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20091 battles

Hi beesod

BAD-S is the social clan which is part of the British Armoured Division community where you will find a varied level of skilled and experienced players.

You could always apply to join BAD-S where you will find plenty of friendly players to platoon with on TS who can help you improve your game play greatly. 

Just simply jump on our TS and you can see if it is suitable for your requirements.

http://bad-1.enjin.com/

Good luck

kaiserblizts #10 Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29788 battles

Join the DOOGS clan for improvement! We really need to recruit more players with tier 6 + or people who are willing to improve and our clan will provide!:izmena:

Contact Montysdog as he's the head of our clan

Kaiserblizts :honoring:

fallensoul2 #11 Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7085 battles
invite sent

CountOfTuscany #12 Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4562 battles
  • [SMACK] SMACK

View Postrustysprite, on 02 January 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

I would recommend SGTA

They are a tank academy and will teach you much

Good luck  ;)

Edit - Nice offer Trevez +1

Can recommend this. This is the website of the SGTA. Just take a look around if you're interested:

http://www.sgta-clan.com/

Major_cjs #13 Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3836 battles

View PostCountOfTuscany, on 02 January 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

Can recommend this. This is the website of the SGTA. Just take a look around if you're interested:

http://www.sgta-clan.com/

i second this, i was a member of their clan and can't recommend them enough. Great bunch of guys with tons of knowledge :great:

RickReaper #14 Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 22048 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

View PostTrevez, on 02 January 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

Ill respond as your honest and british!

I wish you best of luck in your search, I don't know of any personally that will take you on with your current stats. However what you will see in this thread is a bunch of copy paste hero's who recruit anyone and everyone with no actual intentions of teaching anyone.

When you get your first responses be sure to ask the commander what he will do to ensure you continue improving.

Also if you have the time, I could spend 2-3 games in a platoon with you just pointing out a couple of basics.... im not a unicum or anything but have gained a lot of experience on my wot journey.

Ill be on pretty much all weekend, so feel free to PM me in game... i don't have more time than 2-3 games, as i have my own clan to help... but id be happy to point out a few basics.

Hope that helps

Trevez

Nice offer indeed more people like you and this game and especially these forums would be far nicer places.

tcfreer #15 Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 68546 battles
  • [BOBS_] BOBS_

I'll echo what's been said above.

Was lucky enough to see Trevez twitchlive stream of esl. That is a awesome offer and you should jump at the chance.

And as above SGTA well worth looking at to learn the basics of the game etc :)

Maybe worth watching some live streams as well - ask some streamers some advice watch them etc - not perfect but can help as well :)

touch_of_death #16 Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 61695 battles
  • [WU_PA] WU_PA
W-UNI CLAN and SGTA seem like the best but you have some exceptional offers here aswell TREVEZ is one of the best ive come across as a leader/teacher and DEF and BAD clans are very good offers aswell good luck and happy tanking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users