t54 overpowered

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
230 replies to this topic

trispect #101 Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View PostChaos123, on 29 July 2011 - 12:52 AM, said:

I don't understand the last sentence,we are talking about the t54...in the soviet medium tank forum.....
Problem?

You have such a strong opinions about T-54 even though you don't have or drive one. ...nor any other Tier9 medium on top of that. That's why I asked why are you posting here on matter you have no experience on?

MadInAShed #102 Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20810 battles
  • [TYTI] TYTI

View PostChaos123, on 29 July 2011 - 12:49 AM, said:

"Beta" -Stopped reading right there,alot has changed and seems like every noob has played x tank in beta,SS or it didnt happen
Dont play dumb on the sig.
The way devs see stats are retarded and not accurate,1/15 tanks doesnt determine if it is balanced or not

Now go play with your slightly OP machines since you already "maxed" other lines in beta,seems like that guy who says he has 3000 battles experience with lowe,some 1500 in beta
I will not reply,nor even look at this topic anymore,fulla russian/german fanboys

Mate you have mugged yourself off big time.
I know a lot has changed since beta,  I WAS THERE! and screen shots are not a problem, cause luckily for you I have loads, i can link them up later when i get home if you want...but you are not coming back to this thread are you...oh except for your next post after this one...

Oh, also about the stats...did i say they were posted by the devs??? umm no..i believe they were pulled from the server by a player...if i could find the bloody thread again i would link it in here, made for interesting reading. and on the subject of stats and my "easy russian" tanks, have a look at my stats with them did you? what did you see with my t54..did you see a tank that is OP compared to my other tanks or did you see what you will see on most peoples accounts of about a 50% w/l ratio....

Now wipe the tears out of eyes, grow up and PLAY THE GAME or just gtfo and play somat else

Lupusceleri #103 Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8307 battles
The problem with a lot of T-54 drivers is that they seem to think they're overgrown Leopards. And they get screwed for it. When you see a team lose two tier 9 tanks at the start of the game, what is your first thought..? Oh, a loss. :rolleyes:

This is the problem that artificially lowers the win rate of T-54. If half the drivers knew what they were doing you'd see a much better performance in statistics.

Oh, in before "but you don't have a T-54, your argument is invalid".. roughly 500 battles in T-44 and 300 in T-54 under the belt during beta, I played that T-44 even when it was considered completely underpowered between warping fix and T-54 introduction (when T-44 armour got buffed a bit).

trispect #104 Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View PostLupusceleri, on 29 July 2011 - 10:31 AM, said:

Oh, in before "but you don't have a T-54, your argument is invalid".. roughly 500 battles in T-44 and 300 in T-54 under the belt during beta, I played that T-44 even when it was considered completely underpowered between warping fix and T-54 introduction (when T-44 armour got buffed a bit).

Beta T-54 != Current T-54

4orky #105 Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 19216 battles
I really have got to say what people say about the game being by Russian  Devs that its true they have taken the T-54 and made so much more OP  than the Panther 2 or the Patton (what a joke that is).

The only tank I know of ingame to give the T-54 any competition is the  MAUS yes thats right the MAUS and thats only because of the armour its a  fortress maybe the cannon could take 20% at a push but other than that  the T-54 is nothing short of a fast med Maus

earlier today I was in my panther 2 and 5 shots bounced 5 shots thats  gotta be a joke and I wont speak of my Patton fantastic gun that does  hurt the T-54 but its a shame the tissue paper armour doesn`t help.

I do hope something will be done to rectify the favouritism of the T-54 by the russian Devs and nerf it

It has nothing to do with hitting wrong spot I hit him in 5 different spots and all bounced

trispect #106 Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View Postforktongue, on 29 July 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

I really have got to say what people say about the game being by Russian  Devs that its true they have taken the T-54 and made so much more OP  than the Panther 2 or the Patton (what a joke that is).

Yes. Patton. A joke...
Posted Image

Posted Image

The only tank I know of ingame to give the T-54 any competition is the  MAUS yes thats right the MAUS and thats only because of the armour its a  fortress maybe the cannon could take 20% at a push but other than that  the T-54 is nothing short of a fast med Maus

earlier today I was in my panther 2 and 5 shots bounced 5 shots thats  gotta be a joke and I wont speak of my Patton fantastic gun that does  hurt the T-54 but its a shame the tissue paper armour doesn`t help.

I do hope something will be done to rectify the favouritism of the T-54 by the russian Devs and nerf it

It has nothing to do with hitting wrong spot I hit him in 5 different spots and all bounced

You are several months late with your demand of nerfing T-54. It already has been nerfed to a point where it is mere T9 scout.  

It had its acceleration nerfed, repair time nerfed, it was made bigger, everything above Tier6 can penetrate it (even its supposedly well armored turret *). What more do you want?

You dinging from T-54 with P2 is either bad luck, lack of skill or the rare occation that T-54 is angled right(located higher than you and not showing his lower glacis plate)

*Tested this by shooting T-54 four times with Tier8 Pershings long 90mm in its turret frontally. Every shot penetrated even one on very top of the turret where the slope is huge.

MadInAShed #107 Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20810 battles
  • [TYTI] TYTI
*sigh*

dear lord! do my t54 stats make it look like this tank is an OP tank?
also, you can name pretty much any tank from tier...5/6 up and i have been killed by one, maybe not 1 on 1, but certainly have been pierced by them as the killer blow.

SERIOUSLY people get a T54, drive it, you WILL change your mind about it being OP, I did! I can tell you now, i can come up against T54's and panic, because i THINK it is OP in my mind, this already disadvantages me...however, i then remember i HAVE a T54, i KNOW that it is not OP due to having used one and if you keep your head you CAN deal with them, the trouble is people nearly always panic when they see one (it's reputation has already dealt out 30% damage to the opposition)...and if there is more than one...well...they freak out totally!

Faolchu #108 Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10163 battles
Judging by a forum search almost every tank is overpowered and needs to be nerfed heh.

The T-54 is a good tank, is it OP? No its not infact versus the P2+Patton it is relatively balanced. Judging by what the OP says any tank with a enough speed to break through to the arty is OP it just so happens that the tank that did it to him last was a T-54.

But at the end of the day it is a bit pointless arguing one way or another, its the internet. The place where a 12yr old can jump up and down all day raging that x tank is overpowered while making up random numbers and presenting them as facts. The place where because you got topgun and that guy dinged on you, means you must've hacked the WoT server and the place where because you have a Lowe you obviously only just started and dont actually have a t10.

Wayne_Payne #109 Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8704 battles
Killed a 25% T-54 with one shot from my KV-13's snubby 122mm HE gun last night.

Just sayin'....

:Smile-playing:

Filas #110 Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 1471 battles
T-54 just has an insane angle on the front and it's why it can be considered OP. But any tank with such angle would be OP then. Well, T-54 is too mobile for it's armor, to be honest. And the devs are saying that it has the worst gun -> 320dmg, 219pen and 8,4 RoF - is it bad? No, it's not.

Wayne_Payne #111 Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8704 battles
Any of you fools consider using HE rounds? It does actually work believe it or not.... :-P

Arska3 #112 Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26796 battles

View Postaletsan, on 25 July 2011 - 02:06 AM, said:

Funny thing reading that T54s are easy to take down when you know what you are doing coming from players that only play Russian mediums at high Tiers.

Let me tell you, when T54s bounce side shots from 105 of Panther2 at 200m its not a funny thing at all ...

Don't get me wrong. I have no problems with game, every tank has its pros and cons and I believe that first I must learn to play my tank to its (and mine) abilities and then comment other tanks.

But T54 is just out of this world. If you miss or bounce (which happens a lot even with 105) in the little time that a good T54 player gives you, then game is over for you.
In close fights (less than 50m) my chance of pen with 105 is around 50%. This is just crazy (and boring to be honest). When you see a T54 zig zaging and coming for you, you just know that your chances are pretty much zero. The few times I won close fights with T54s were when T54 was damaged or stock or player inexperienced. After 3700 games you know when a player does not know how to play his T54 correctly.

With Panther2 you can't make mistakes and survive. But I have seen too many T54s choosing wrong flanks and casually turning and leaving undamaged.

And please don't mention to me that Panther2 is just as fast. Play a slower accelerating Panther2 first, try to compete for hill in Mines with T54s, and then come back and tell us if you still feel the same about Panther2 speed. Which one is easier, damaging a T54 or a Panther2 at full speed on open ground?

In the end, its not the tank's or player's fault. T54 (and other tanks of course) belongs to another time period and should not be in same battlefield with WW2 tanks.
But, this is another completely different story ...
Yes, when I drive my Panther2 I feel that T54 is overpowered, but I don't think that it should be nerfed. I think that T54 is the definition of what a medium tank should be. Fast, hard to hit and able to compete with the heavies if it is left to command the flow of battle.
It's just another challenge in a game that does not completely satisfy us, but is fun to play.
So, to all you T54 drivers, just enjoy your tank and don't let others spoil your fun with what they say.
And try not to make too many mistakes, my 105 is waiting for them in the battlefield :-)

Goood points. I totally agree. T-54 is post WW2 and actually many armies like we in Finland used T-54 still in the late 70's. Anyhow it is crazy that players ask Panther II drivers to act like fast med and yet a Panther II is as its best a long range sniper.

Let's see what E-50 brings along.

TomasOneil #113 Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Veteran
  • 10387 battles
  • [SUP] SUP

View PostLamezia, on 29 July 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

Let's see what E-50 brings along.

This: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GKW6db4feYs
Yea you can say T-54 player done mistakes etc... but Hey! E50 eats 25% of T-54 each shot :) (same gun like Panther 2, and same damage like Patton).

Fiold #114 Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30376 battles

View PostLupusceleri, on 28 July 2011 - 11:36 PM, said:

Um no. Centurions were way way way better and from the same era. Google the Yom Kippur war on the Golan Heights. The Centurions were outnumbered for like 7 to 1 by T-55 and T-62s, and managed to hold them off for three days.

But tank is a tank and crew is a crew. Israeli crews were far better.
Also Centurion had between 41 to 55 tons while T-54 had just about 36! Aslo T-54 was faster and it was the first tank with ABC system (T-55). Also first Centurions were armed with 17 pounder (later 20 pounder) which were less powerfull than D-10T.
So IMHO - Centurion was equal/better than T-54 not till version Mk 5/2 was introduced. Vesions up to Mk 5 were worse than T-54.

Lupusceleri #115 Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8307 battles

View Posttrispect, on 29 July 2011 - 12:13 PM, said:

Beta T-54 != Current T-54
What a mantra. Please enlighten me.

I'm aware of:

Overlord said:

- T-54: repair cost increased by 15%, hull height increased by 10 cm, increased chance of being spotted after firing 100 mm D-54 cannon, decreased tracks armor by 5 mm, track repair time increased by 10%.

Which changes absolutely nothing in actual "driving experience". I also know that the new tracking system has been introduced, making it A LOT harder to track a T-54.. last I checked that's a very big buff for any medium tank.

Nope. I drive a Patton now and like it much better than a T-54. But the difference is that I have to drive the Patton like a real medium, whereas T-54 is retard-proof for confused/lost heavy drivers that somehow ended up in a medium tank. That said if you're a *good* medium driver you will probably perform better in Patton than T-54, HOWEVER, all the mediocre drivers will do much better in T-54 than Patton.

You're talking nonsense. For one, T-54 has NOWHERE NEAR the armour of a Maus, trust me I have owned both tanks and driven them for hundreds of games. You won't see a T-54 bounce gold ammo shots from T9 tank destroyers or T30s. A Maus can do that if his driver knows the weak spots of the Maus + how to protect them. You don't even want to start comparing side/rear armour of Maus with T-54...

The Maus, however, doesn't give the T-54 any competition if it's a pure 1 on 1 fight (this is obviously rare). Park your T-54 side to side with the Maus, and he simply can not depress his gun enough to even hit you. <_<

You either suck at aiming or have some really bad luck. Shoot the hull, not the turret, I rarely bounce T-54 with >225mm penetration guns.

View Posttrispect, on 29 July 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

It had its acceleration nerfed, repair time nerfed, it was made bigger, everything above Tier6 can penetrate it (even its supposedly well armored turret *). What more do you want?

*Tested this by shooting T-54 four times with Tier8 Pershings long 90mm in its turret frontally. Every shot penetrated even one on very top of the turret where the slope is huge.

Your argument is invalid.

Shooting a T-54 in the turret hatches is an easy penetration, but a good T-54 driver should NEVER stand still and make it possible to aim for weakspots. If you stay on the move even if it's only backwards/forwards hitting those tiny tiny spots will be nearly impossible.

trispect #116 Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View PostLupusceleri, on 29 July 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

What a mantra. Please enlighten me.

Well, I just made a video of me killing T-54 with KV (ZiS-6) shooting penetrating shots only through turret.

Also I made second video of me shooting with Patton long 90mm almost every shot through T-54 turret.

That is looking no hatch to me...
Posted Image

And here is a teaser-shot with test done with Patton 90mm which has 180mm avg pene:

Posted Image

"There is no Ninja nerfs..."

trispect #117 Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View PostLupusceleri, on 29 July 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

Your argument is invalid.

Shooting a T-54 in the turret hatches is an easy penetration, but a good T-54 driver should NEVER stand still and make it possible to aim for weakspots. If you stay on the move even if it's only backwards/forwards hitting those tiny tiny spots will be nearly impossible.

You are true, my argument was invalid. It is that: Tier V and higher can penetrate T-54 turret.

And actually the hatches both sides of the gun mantle are the few spots that you CAN'T penetrate. Funnily enough.

Lupusceleri #118 Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8307 battles

View Posttrispect, on 29 July 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:

Well, I just made a video of me killing T-54 with KV (ZiS-6) shooting penetrating shots only through turret.

Also I made second video of me shooting with Patton long 90mm almost every shot through T-54 turret.

That is looking no hatch to me...
http://img215.images...561/t54vskv.jpg

And here is a teaser-shot with test done with Patton 90mm which has 180mm avg pene:

http://img807.images...spatton90mm.jpg

"There is no Ninja nerfs..."
Again, your argument is invalid.

A T-54 that stands still in a real game and waits for the KV/Patton to fully zoom in, aim for a weakspot, and take the shot is a new level of retardation I have not yet seen.. even from current T-54 drivers. :blink:  And that should say something about how unrealistic your "proof" is.

trispect #119 Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View PostLupusceleri, on 29 July 2011 - 10:57 PM, said:

Again, your argument is invalid.

A T-54 that stands still in a real game and waits for the KV/Patton to fully zoom in, aim for a weakspot,

Yeah weakspot. ...the turret.

If you are failing to see my point there. No point trying to explain.

MadInAShed #120 Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20810 battles
  • [TYTI] TYTI

View PostChaos123, on 29 July 2011 - 12:49 AM, said:

"Beta" -Stopped reading right there,alot has changed and seems like every noob has played x tank in beta,SS or it didnt happen
Dont play dumb on the sig.
The way devs see stats are retarded and not accurate,1/15 tanks doesnt determine if it is balanced or not

Now go play with your slightly OP machines since you already "maxed" other lines in beta,seems like that guy who says he has 3000 battles experience with lowe,some 1500 in beta
I will not reply,nor even look at this topic anymore,fulla russian/german fanboys

As requested, my screenshot of Beta
Posted Image

Maus, Ausfb, Tii, tiger, T20, T23, Hummel and well...would you look at that, my stats now are pretty similar huh!!!! even though i am now ussr ...but ussr is OP right??

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users