• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

jacky_cro #1 Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27230 battles
  • [-PGC-] -PGC-

HI to all :D

today i tryed to play War Thunder,and i must say it isnt bad :)

you can chose between air forces and ground forces

War Thunder isnt bad,tanks are more realistic,driving is more realistic,graphic isnt bad,there are lot of tanks,and the best thing is that tanks who was real are realy powerful,not like in WoT

In wot some thanks who were only on paper are "one of the better" tanks in game

in War Thunder tanks who are existing or were existing are very good tanks,like Tiger,Sherman,IS,KV.....

good thing is that there isnt gold ammo,no artys,game is running on a way better engine.

have someone of you tried War Thunder and what you think about game.

for me War Thunder is more funnier than WoT at this time. 

Grand_Moff_Tano #2 Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1762 battles
  • [BC28] BC28
Ground Forces is also not very well optimised and it's just as unrealistic as World of Tanks, but in different areas.

Bogey_079 #3 Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8797 battles
I tried War Thunder, and as you say I was impressed by some of the features, especially the great looking tanks and the more realistic handling. I got completely confused by the gameplay itself though, it seemed completely caothic to me, so I prefer WoT. War Thunder might be more realistic, but it's not working for me.

Rostklump #4 Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35866 battles

I like it and the more realistic approach to tank combat but they they have a tendancy to mess things up big time and take forever to fix it.

Like the lamps of the tiger that blocked the gun that took a very long time to fix. That the lamps was where you wanted your gun in order to ange the tank properly made the tigers armor very hard to use.

The T50 was ridiculously OP for a long time, might still be for all i know, anyway it took way too long to fix it if they did.

Another thing they messed up big time was that the best way to win was to aim at the gun of the enemy tanks, one shot and the gun was gone with a long time to repair so its basically a free kill.

They have semi fixed this by giving the guns more hp so it takes more then one shot to take them out so its usually quicker to kill enemies by aiming elsewhere. Still gun killing works fairly well for autocannons.

They also introduced the a new russian AA gun that is as OP as the T50 used to be unless they have fixed it. Zsu something or other.

Long story short in my opinion WT has much more potential then WOT but so far it largely remains potential better game instead of actual better game thanks to gaijin failing at one thing after another and taking forever to fix their misstakes.

Ahri_9_TailedFox #5 Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7591 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View Postdino_og, on 07 January 2015 - 01:33 AM, said:

War Thunder isnt bad,tanks are more realistic,driving is more realistic,graphic isnt bad,there are lot of tanks,and the best thing is that tanks who was real are realy powerful,not like in WoT

in War Thunder tanks who are existing or were existing are very good tanks,like Tiger,Sherman,IS,KV.....

good thing is that there isnt gold ammo,no artys,game is running on a way better engine.

Tiger is what???

Ew_ #6 Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:59 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36922 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M
World of Warplanes vs War Thunder*

Jinqx #7 Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 36294 battles
  • [SVAMP] SVAMP
If you like to be oneshotted by the first shot in about 50% of the battles..... by all means go ahead and play War thunder, it's just as retarded as WoT but in other areas imo.

Pansenmann #8 Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34058 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEw_, on 07 January 2015 - 01:59 AM, said:

World of Warplanes vs War Thunder*

IL-2 wins.

Grand_Moff_Tano #9 Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1762 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostPansenmann, on 07 January 2015 - 01:35 AM, said:

IL-2 wins.

Aye to that, isn't a better Simulator around than IL-2.

shrapnel_bait #10 Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2790 battles
Been a while since I played WTGF but I hope they have improved the physics, having @ 30 tons of T-34 stopped dead in its tracks when hitting a palm tree, that was about 6 inches in diameter, leaving the tank with track damage and an unconscious driver seemed a bit excessive.

Grand_Moff_Tano #11 Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1762 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View Postshrapnel_bait, on 07 January 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

Been a while since I played WTGF but I hope they have improved the physics, having @ 30 tons of T-34 stopped dead in its tracks when hitting a palm tree, that was about 6 inches in diameter, leaving the tank with track damage and an unconscious driver seemed a bit excessive.

I managed that in a BT-7, Palm tree blew my tank up lmao.

Elhazzared #12 Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20891 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Warthunder and world of tanks are 2 fundamentaly different games with the common point that they are tank games with tanks mostly from the 2ºWW. Some of them are prior to that some pos that. This is where similarities ends.

WoT is an arcade like game, very imbalanced in tiers.

WTGF is a more realistic (still not 100% and it wouldn't make sense to be as it wouldn't be fun then) and somewhat imbalanced (although it can be half forgiven for still being in beta... Half because the moment they allow you to spend money in the game, whether by your own choice or not, you are sayimng the game is ready for a full review).

What can factually be said of being better in which?

WoT game engine is is bad. It is bad by any game definition, not simply in comparison to WTGF... WTGF has a very good engine.

WoT servers are incredibly bad. The ping is usually is at 60 to 80 and there are those days we all know of 200 ping. WTGF servers are spetacular where my ping never even saw 20 on any day at any time.

WoT average waiting time at any hour to get into a game is on average instant, rarely do you see a 20 or 30 second wait. It's possible to get more than that but it's really really hard to. WTGF does ok on arcade although you usually still get waiting queues almost every time. Realistic tends to get higher and somewhat boring to wait. Simulation (which is the only mode I like) is known as Queuethunder, getting into a game is a testament on patience.

Graphic quallity wise WTGF also beats WoT any day of the week, but it's not like you can say WoT is bad on that department so there is that.

I cannot be factually said that WTGF is a better game than WoT or the other way around. What can factually be said is that WTGF has better quallity and performance but on the flipside you can have horrific waiting times to even get into a game.

Ew_ #13 Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:10 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36922 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M

View PostPansenmann, on 07 January 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

IL-2 wins.

IL-2 is another type of flight sim game, War Thunder also beats it from an arcade point of view. When it comes to realism + fun there is one definite winner. Rise of Flight.

Edited by Ew_, 07 January 2015 - 03:10 AM.

GTRaPToR #14 Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 20143 battles
  • [UEA] UEA

Gameplay sucks

Nobody plays it, that's why there are no problems with servers. 

Edited by EscapeArtist, 07 January 2015 - 03:29 AM.

eekeeboo #15 Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 45306 battles
  • [-DFA-] -DFA-

Just to give you a heads up, the last I knew speaking of other competitive/company games was frowned upon. 

Secondly, when you said the tanks drove more realistically..... my mind was boggled and shut down, went on holiday and has yet to return :P

Darth_Woras #16 Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
At this point its AW vs WoT. WT - gidda hell outta here :D

_Zeromancer_ #17 Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12084 battles

View Postdino_og, on 07 January 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

WT could in every aspect be a better game than WoT. But with the battlerating system and their MM as it is now, it never will be..

Gaijin fell into the same trapp as WG; grab as much money you can while there's still players playing it..

Though to be fair, WG have managed to do this in an acceptable way. Gaijin not so much.

Blubba #18 Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53506 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_

I prefer the WT battle rating system to the WoT MM. I don't play GF so maybe I missed something but for the planes, it works well. A plane that does well overall goes up in BR. OP planes slowly go up the MM until they hit that sweetspot.

I like WT and it's a LOT less stressful than WoT. I play it to release some of the stress and it's a lot more fun in a platoon/squadron than WoT is.

Having said that, I do like the strategy of WoT and I suppose that's what keeps me coming back.

guguloi #19 Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

Heart Smasher

• Player
  • 50771 battles
  • [FOCA] FOCA

I just posted this in their forums so just a copy/paste here. It's about their tanks only because their planes are another (good) story.

After playing both games in hardcore mode (41k battles in WoT and 12k battles in WT RB/SB) I can make some highlights.

GF good stuff

- graphics. Miles ahead from WoT. Period.

- crew management. Once you bought a tank and train a crew for it it's yours forever. No need to retrain/sell, if you want to play it sometime in future.

- RP/credits. You did nothing you receive nothing even if you win. You did well you'll be rewarded even if you lose. But ATM tank economy is just a joke.

- manual aiming in RB/SB

GF bad stuff.

- basically everything that matter for an enjoyable gameplay. No spotting system, half of crew skills doesn't work, 3 game modes which basically are the same, bad DM, RNG, only a couple of maps suitable for fun tank battles, BR system, bad economy, tanks can't fulfill their role (lights useless, TD's/meds useless because spotting not working).

- no incentive to make a player addicted to GF

- no endgame content

WoT good stuff

- insta-battles

- every tank can fulfill their role: lights can scout, meds can flank, TD's can ambush and heavies can push. And on top of that arty is watching everything.

- plenty of maps

- lots of missions/events with nice rewards to keep players hooked

- endgame content. ESL. Clan Wars, company battles, Stronghold stuff like that.

- modding. As long as it doesn't give you battle advantages I'm for modding in all games I've played.

WoT bad stuff

- gold-ammo. It's beyond my comprehension why it still exists. I somehow understand it when it was only for gold but now everybody and his dog is using it for credits negating every trace of skill.

- RNG. Too much. ±25% for aiming then ±25% for penetrating and last straw ±25% for damage.

- battle rewards. Even if you act like a bot if your team wins you receive a decent amount of XP/credits.

- crew/tank management. If you like to play a lot of tanks sooner or later you'll have a lot of crews/tanks in garage and it takes a while searching for one to play lol.

Some people doesn't like fantasy tanks in WoT. I have no problems as long they are balanced.

And some people doesn't like healthbars. We have in GF healthbars too but they are divided in module/crew healthbars and they are not shown.

Some people don't like arty in WoT. Yes, sometimes it's frustrating to be one-shoted from the bottom of the map but as an arty player I can tell you that is pure RNG to hit a tank now in WoT.

For me the winning game with tanks will be WoT-style (can be with healthbars or one-shot) without RNG and gold-ammo but with crew management and aiming GF-style. If AW will be close to those requirements I'll play it forever.

Bottom line both games are fine but they are different. Today WoT wins for me because it has a consistent and fun gameplay. But GF has a lot of potential if they ever manage to make it works.

IrisveilVonReith #20 Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 217 battles

Only thing I really liked about War Thunder was simulator mode. One good tank in this mode there can wipe majority of enemies in no time. However other game features aren't that good or somehow better than we have in WoT. That's why I prefer playing this game more than WT, but upcoming AW might change my opinion about both games for better or worse.

P.S. WT might not have arties, but they have manual air support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users