#CureTo*****

REMOVE_ARTY_FROM_THE_GAME XVM Abuse Clicker Arty Stronghold Attack

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

RaeudigerRonny #1 Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26100 battles

This whole Idea is based on this Thread: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/451706-the-cure-to-arty/ and this following Discussion in another Thread: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/462640-how-common-it-is-that-unicum-clan-sealclubs-hugely-weaker-clans-in-strongholds/page__st__20__pid__9836978#entry9836978

So basically i created a Google Document in form of a Spreadsheet which includes Clans, that have been remarkably effective in clicking People because of the abusage of the XVM-Mod. We will attack their Strongholds and letting them know the Reason. One Clan can attack another Clan only once in a week, so they might not really understand the message. Many Attacks might change this.

Why do we do this?

We are tired to get focussed by Arty because of Stats or Clantags.

We are tired of playing an unarmored T8 Medium and getting focused by T10 Artys while the yellow E100 next to us in the open, gets away with it.

Yes, we use arty ourselves in Clanwars. Yes we do not mind to get clicked once in a while because of super aggressive play. But it is the constant focus that has to be looked at.

Therefor the principles of our List are quite simple. You notice some extremely obvious XVM-Focus. You look the Clan up and they have a Command Center over Level 5. Excellent! You put them on the List, so other like-minded clans can attack them aswell.

This is not any kind of "coalition". There are no planned Raids or anything like that. Every clan can do what they want and attack or not attack who they want. It is just a shared group of possible Targets.

How do i get acces?

Contact me ingame or here. 

Your clan should be able to attack Strongholds succesfully (so if your Skirmish WR is around 50%, that might get a bit tricky). You support our message. You accept, that this is not any kind of coalition or alliance that would still exist for campaigns/clanwars, even tho there are some very well-known clans involved.

Edited by Domstadtkerl, 09 January 2015 - 03:53 PM.

Henriques #2 Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 44593 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

You guys should have a jury/court to discuss every case. Otherwise that List might become overflowed with false complains such as cases where someone got one-shot by arty on first try (nobody likes it, but some accept it and others rage/whine about it "I got focused".. sure) or he simply played bad and got himself exposed for too long. 

This should only be used for abusive focus fire and while not playing a primarily arty target. 

Edited by Henriques, 09 January 2015 - 10:12 PM.

Homer_J #3 Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 09 January 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

We are tired to get focussed by Arty because of Stats or Clantags.

So, let me get this straight, arty focussing on the good players in the enemy team is a bad thing?

Blayzd #4 Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26752 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 09 January 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

So, let me get this straight, arty focussing on the good players in the enemy team is a bad thing?

Imagine this situation : Blue player in his T43 and and red/orange/yellow e75 right next to  him.Is it good that arty will ignore that e75 and shoot t43?

Monster95alpha19 #5 Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35389 battles
  • [TKEA] TKEA

View PostHomer_J, on 09 January 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

well..something like this...unicum in RU251 and a red tomatoe in Maus with engine dead,tracked and spotted permanently for 10minutes....Arty will shoot only at the RU till he dies even if it fails numerous times ignoring the Maus.....and yes, it happened a lot 

Gradis #6 Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 34691 battles
  • [WKD] WKD

Oh fecking boo hoo.

Put your big boy pants on and man up. Arty has always been in this game for good or for worse, and the reality is it isnt going anywhere. 

Compared to how it was its fecking nothing nodays to the 5+ spam fest it used to be with prenerf. 

Play for xvm dont cry when people use it to bite back. Plus the fact its used in cw its so hypocritical as many times arty is used to soften up teams etc. I do hate arty btw. Playing it, facing it whatever but its part of the game.  

Edited by Gradis, 10 January 2015 - 03:52 AM.

Wayneable #7 Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42321 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

And I am sure you guys never focus on the good player on the enemy team thx to XVM do you.

Grow a pair dude, and man up.

Homer_J #8 Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostToshikasu, on 10 January 2015 - 12:28 AM, said:

Imagine this situation : Blue player in his T43 and and red/orange/yellow e75 right next to  him.Is it good that arty will ignore that e75 and shoot t43?

LOL, unicum playing T-43, replay or it didn't happen. :P

View PostTitaniu, on 10 January 2015 - 01:37 AM, said:

well..something like this...unicum in RU251 and a red tomatoe in Maus with engine dead,tracked and spotted permanently for 10minutes....Arty will shoot only at the RU till he dies even if it fails numerous times ignoring the Maus.....and yes, it happened a lot 

Scouts always got special attention from arty since before XVM was around.

maroar #9 Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29488 battles
  • [G__G] G__G

View PostHomer_J, on 10 January 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

LOL, unicum playing T-43, replay or it didn't happen. :P

I loved the T-43, only sold it because I needed credits to buy the T-44 (which I also like :D)

On topic:
I guess you need for people to send replays with their claims and someone to review the replay, also do well known clans count for this list? ^^

maroar #10 Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29488 battles
  • [G__G] G__G

View PostWayneable, on 10 January 2015 - 04:10 AM, said:

And I am sure you guys never focus on the good player on the enemy team thx to XVM do you.

I don't use mods, so no.

FYI: I know allot of other players who don't.

Wayneable #11 Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42321 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

And how does focusing attacks on the Clan help? You get killed by and arty, that you decide was unfairly focusing on you so now you want attack there Clans stronghold.

How the hell is this going to help anything?

Gnomus #12 Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34484 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View PostToshikasu, on 10 January 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

View PostTitaniu, on 10 January 2015 - 02:37 AM, said:

How often those really happen? We hear all the time how that is so big a problem, but my own experience doesn't support those claims. Of course they are pretty hard to validate one way or the other. What if that good player is not targeted because his good stats, but just because bad players (and naturally bad arty players) have tunnel vision and they keep shooting what ever they picked as their target for whatever reason.

So why all the trouble to punish clans that have bad arty player? Why not make it fair and attack any clan whose player plays stupidly. Why tie it to stupid arty play? Just attack every clan where you think player played unoptimized play and didn't target and change target as you think his should have?

Another major point is perceptional bias. Many haters claim arty did this and arty did that, but once they provide reply it is nothing special, they are just oversensitive. If two arty shells are coming their way, they are already "focused". In one game with high RoF arty I shot a third of my shot here and there on the map and two thirds of my shots to hotspot. I pretty much shot what ever was available when shell was ready. After his death their teams blunicum complained that arty did nothing more than concentrate to him whole battle, but I know that he was receiving perhaps 25-30% of my fire, and that because he happened to be there available as target. He didn't even receive any cripling hits from me. So what do you think, was he unfairly targeted and should my clan be punished for what I did? He clearly though so, but was totally wrong in his conclusion.  

This is what is wrong with this kind "lets go kick some griefing clickers clans". In so many cases it's in head of "griefed" player, not in reality, and in many other cases they are targeted because of their position, tank choice or their own actions and is not tied any way to their XVM stats. Only part is unduly concentration to one player, and even there some cases are just because of tunnel vision, not because some "lets concentrate to good players" tinfoilgriefing many here think happens in every battle.

Monster95alpha19 #13 Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35389 battles
  • [TKEA] TKEA

View PostWayneable, on 10 January 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

i don't use xvm as its retarded enough to see RED all over my team and also that it makes my game load quite slow ( bad PC )

View PostGnomus, on 10 January 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

How often those really happen? We hear all the time how that is so big a problem, but my own experience doesn't support those claims. Of course they are pretty hard to validate one way or the other. What if that good player is not targeted because his good stats, but just because bad players (and naturally bad arty players) have tunnel vision and they keep shooting what ever they picked as their target for whatever reason.

3/5 times i take my Batchat/AMX13.90 for a ride and there are 2-3 arties per side, i will get focused if there aren't players close to my stats or better...at one time, a Batchat arty platoon, just blocked me with blind fires in a spot ( 12 shots ) just so i die from splash damage or getting my crew fucked..it worked...

babuuni #14 Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13143 battles

View PostHenriques, on 09 January 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

You guys should have a jury/court to discuss every case. Otherwise that List might become overflowed with false complains such as cases where someone got one-shot by arty on first try (nobody likes it, but some accept it and others rage/whine about it "I got focused".. sure) or he simply played bad and got himself exposed for too long. 

This should only be used for abusive focus fire and while not playing a primarily arty target. 

Who cares if the target is "justified".

TwoPointsOfInterest #15 Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5146 battles

View PostWayneable, on 10 January 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

And how does focusing attacks on the Clan help? You get killed by and arty, that you decide was unfairly focusing on you so now you want attack there Clans stronghold.

How the hell is this going to help anything?

Its revenge. Ive seen it from watching good players where arty always targets the bottom tier blue or purple player, even though there is a massive brawl that they could help with. 

Just because youll never reach the level where you get focused doesnt mean its not a problem.

5_InchFl0ppy #16 Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40706 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Well its a good idea and thanks from a clanless blue player. I will speak to some mates that are in clans at the moment and see if they fancy getting in on this.

If only the players that aren't blue or purple could understand what it is like to be focused every sodding game, they would change their tune as well.

Oh and I also use no mods whatsoever and I don't particularly care about stats (as long as they go up I'm happy) but I do hate the fact that they can be used as a tool to ruin your game. For anyone who disputes that blues or purples get focused by arty, please go onto twitch and watch EJ, Orzanel, Floris (or someone who is equally purple) and see just how bad it is.

Romisame #17 Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27480 battles

So you guys think, that all arty players use xvm and target you because of that? Most arty players I see in games, are not the best in this game, most are yellow and below WN8-players. And I bet that most of them does not even know what xvm is. So they choose their targets some other way. Exampe that E75 and T-43 situation, T-43 is more appealing target because it is softer, and because of that it can be oneshotted or otherwise made more damage to it. Also, T-43 is more dangerous to arty by being the faster one of those two. Other reason might be tunnelvision of that arty player, most players tunnelvisions even with their directfire tanks in this game, so it is not so suprising that arty players do that too. 

And many (not all) good and unicum players are the biggest whiners in this game, who can't just stand defeat. So with this system no-one really knows, if there was any good reason to someone to get on this "list".

_SgtBomber_ #18 Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 18664 battles
  • [CRYPT] CRYPT

I concure with both sides. XVM focusers should be stripped from their guns.. But, in the end the effort of all this won't help much. Even if the arta would be in "good" clan that can be attacked or get the members to defend, I think the message would not be delivered.

Let me give you the prediction how it would go in the SH battle:

800WN8 Clan: "zigguziggu jibulitos o/ gl"

+2000 WN8 Clan: "we attack you because your arty focused our unicum"

800WN8 Clan: "lol, no eng zibbugiggu?"

You demolish them 3:0 AAAAND STILL as Jon Jones keeps doing his think in octagon that joke for an arty player (who didn't even participate on that SH battle btw) keeps on clicking in randoms with rest of his kind.

And repeat... repeat repeat.  This goes on and on, until someone understands to say: "waste of time"..

Sorry to say but this project is a fail guys, I give it 10 days and 1 +rep tho bcs -MM is cool and Commander-Mungo is nice lad in the end.

XVM focusing and arty countering is for fools. And how many are there below 1k WN8 + equipped with half brain in a camonet? Yes, zillionds..

Edited by 5uperBomBer, 10 January 2015 - 03:28 PM.

RaeudigerRonny #19 Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26100 battles

@Bomber:

Most 2000+ WN8 Clans i know have member across all european countries. So communication will not be a problem ;). Also this project cant really fail in 10 days, cos we will attack people anyways over the next time. Mostly for the reasons, that i stated above.

@To all the others:

I personally also dont think that our list will change their behaviour. This whole project does not aim at making bad players better. I personally dont use XVM or any mods, but if i play solo i will get focussed from time to time. If i get a 2500 Wn8-Player in my platoon he will get focussed and i can play tanks without ahving to worry about artillery. If we get a third 3000 WN8-Player in, he will get all the arty-attention. Its that simple, trust me. Yes, i do believe that most orange/yellow players use XVM in this game.

Having 5 Clans now, but since everybody is having his own "deathlist" aswell that has to be worked through, it would be nice to get a few more clans in ;)

Edited by Domstadtkerl, 10 January 2015 - 03:57 PM.

Blue_Badger #20 Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14404 battles

I don't think its gonna stop XVM focus, but it will make those focused feel better. That's enough for me :D

Also tagged with REMOVE_ARTY_FROM_THE_GAME, XVM, Abuse, Clicker, Arty, Stronghold, Attack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users