Jump to content


T14

T14

  • Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

Poll: T14 (270 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What equipment do you use on the T14?

  1. Improved Ventilation Class 3 (189 votes [25.61%])

    Percentage of vote: 25.61%

  2. Toolbox (28 votes [3.79%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.79%

  3. Large Spall Liner (32 votes [4.34%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.34%

  4. Enhanced Gun Laying Drive (156 votes [21.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 21.14%

  5. Coated Optics (28 votes [3.79%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.79%

  6. Binocular Telescope (26 votes [3.52%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.52%

  7. Medium-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer (231 votes [31.30%])

    Percentage of vote: 31.30%

  8. Wet Ammo Rack (10 votes [1.36%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.36%

  9. Camouflage Net (22 votes [2.98%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.98%

  10. None (16 votes [2.17%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.17%

What Consumables do you use on the T14?

  1. Large Repair Kit (38 votes [4.99%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.99%

  2. Large First Aid Kit (29 votes [3.81%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.81%

  3. Case of Cola (4 votes [0.52%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.52%

  4. Automatic Fire Extinguishers (47 votes [6.17%])

    Percentage of vote: 6.17%

  5. 105-Octane Gasoline (2 votes [0.26%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.26%

  6. 100-Octane Gasoline (10 votes [1.31%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.31%

  7. Small Repair Kit (222 votes [29.13%])

    Percentage of vote: 29.13%

  8. Small First Aid Kit (213 votes [27.95%])

    Percentage of vote: 27.95%

  9. Manual Fire Extinguisher (180 votes [23.62%])

    Percentage of vote: 23.62%

  10. None (17 votes [2.23%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.23%

Vote Hide poll

Nova_Prospekt #21 Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 39081 battles
  • 112
  • [DEPAC] DEPAC
  • Member since:
    07-30-2011
The T14 is funny, you came often in battle in which you are one of the strongest tanks. A disadvantage is the low accuracy of 0,4 and the travers speed of 20.

As Charcharo write, the developers should improve the accuracy to 0,37 and the traverse speed to 26.

AngryBear #22 Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11523 battles
  • 169
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011
Its paper for armor.
I dont like it to be honest.

I'll admit im a "week old" into this game.
And i got several normal non premium tanks up to i think tier 6 max so far with several and various tanks of various tiers both for fun and to see what i like best. (think arti, medium, light heavy etc)

Anyway it dies too fast.
That or i get placed in a match with tanks completely outmatching me.
Which seems to be a problem with pretty much any tank i press the "fight" button with.

kismacska #23 Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18414 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011
Very good looking, but has serious problems with penetration.  :(

Or maybe I shouldn't engage Tigers at all?

Spore2 #24 Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 17241 battles
  • 195
  • Member since:
    07-02-2010
gun has a little bad  <_<

Prem1erAXE #25 Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22930 battles
  • 189
  • [--P--] --P--
  • Member since:
    09-01-2011
How much money does it make without premuim?

Tiger_Buster #26 Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 15945 battles
  • 349
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011

View Postbtingu, on 29 September 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

I think it was asked above, but how is the t14 as a money-maker?
For example, without premium, with pz4 and hummel, in a good match you can make more or less 20k credits, and normally 10k.
What is the best and average income of t14?

every premium tank is a money maker more then the others, its their greatest feature, and the high the tier the more the money they earn though. Since T14 is tier V, it earns more then most Tier V out there, but dont expect to earn the same as Type or Lowe or KV5.

Cpl_Hicks #27 Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26586 battles
  • 365
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011

View PostTiger_Buster, on 12 November 2011 - 11:21 AM, said:

every premium tank is a money maker more then the others, its their greatest feature, and the high the tier the more the money they earn though. Since T14 is tier V, it earns more then most Tier V out there, but dont expect to earn the same as Type or Lowe or KV5.
Looking at my best results (I don't know the averages though) with the T14 and some regular tier V tanks so far, this does not seem to be the case with the T14.
With the T14, I made up to 20k profit (without premium). I achieved the same top results with Pz IV, Hummel, KV-1 and KV-2. I even made up to 24k profit with M41, StuG III and SU-85. But the T14 has lower repair costs and much lower ammo costs.
So it's easier to make profits in a bad round and therefore the average profit of the T14 may be higher than regular tier V tanks.

To players who are interested in this tank purely for moneymaking, I would recommend they use their normal tier V tanks instead (for new players who have no fully upgraded tier V tank yet, the tier V premiumtanks are a good compromise between moneymaking and real-life cost, imho)

edit:
The SU-85 made only ~20k profit in my best round because I used consumables in that round.

Edited by Cpl_Hicks, 12 November 2011 - 03:40 PM.


Tiger_Buster #28 Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 15945 battles
  • 349
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011

View PostCpl_Hicks, on 12 November 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Looking at my best results (I don't know the averages though) with the T14 and some regular tier V tanks so far, this does not seem to be the case with the T14.
With the T14, I made up to 20k profit (without premium). I achieved the same top results with Pz IV, Hummel, KV-1 and KV-2. I even made up to 24k profit with M41, StuG III and SU-85. But the T14 has lower repair costs and much lower ammo costs.
So it's easier to make profits in a bad round and therefore the average profit of the T14 may be higher than regular tier V tanks.

To players who are interested in this tank purely for moneymaking, I would recommend they use their normal tier V tanks instead (for new players who have no fully upgraded tier V tank yet, the tier V premiumtanks are a good compromise between moneymaking and real-life cost, imho)

edit:
The SU-85 made only ~20k profit in my best round because I used consumables in that round.

Well yeah but you must not look only for the money you earn but the repair costs as well, and premium tanks have all lower repair costs.  Su85 earns credits becouse the costs to repair it are low, as much all TDs in comparison to medium and heavy tanks. Heavy tanks tend to have higher repar costs.  Artillery is good as well to earn credits becouse of this. Off course if you use premium the money earnings are insane :)

Cpl_Hicks #29 Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26586 battles
  • 365
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011

View PostTiger_Buster, on 29 November 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Well yeah but you must not look only for the money you earn but the repair costs as well, and premium tanks have all lower repair costs.  Su85 earns credits becouse the costs to repair it are low, as much all TDs in comparison to medium and heavy tanks. Heavy tanks tend to have higher repar costs.  Artillery is good as well to earn credits becouse of this. Off course if you use premium the money earnings are insane :)
When I write about profit, I mean net income, i.e. total income minus repairs minus ammo minus consumables.
Yes, the T14 is more profitable than the T1 Heavy, but it doesn't seem to be better than Pz IV or KV.

By now, I have noted battle results for some time and the results are:
Spoiler                     
Those numbers are of course distorted by playstyle, player skill, team skill/success and matchmaking (im-)balance. But they show, that in my hands, the T14 did not provide a bigger profit than some of my regular tier V/VI tanks. However, I had the T14 long before the aforementioned tanks and could benefit from these "normal" tier V profits before getting a regular tank to the same level. The T14 also provided excellent service as (profitable) crew training platform, e.g. training a crew for T29 from 75% to 100% on T14 and earning the credits to buy T29 at the same time.

That's why I recommend, that anyone who is only interested in credit earning look at the regular tier V tanks or the tier VIII premium tanks first, before considering a mid-/low-tier premium tank.
Anyone else, who is interested in the tank for its design/playstyle/fun/crewtraining abilities shouldn't worry too much about profits.

Verkeerscrimineel #30 Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5409 battles
  • 176
  • Member since:
    11-15-2011
I got the T-14 to gain some XP, and it's quite nice.

It has a well sloped armour to cover the paper-thin armour, and I just destroyed a Tiger 2 myzelf with it, while in a brawl...

I am happy with it, and I recommend the tank to anyone willing to purchase a premium tank.

Armaggeddon #31 Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2071 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011
An awesome tank for awesome people, i consider this tank even better than a KV with the 10% reload speed upgrade the camo and the 15% armor it just rockz, lower tier tanks have no chance against it and of course a KV which is rushing will be pretty dead already, the only thing that annoys the heck out of me is that artillary is stealing my kills mostly 1-2 per match. I still manage to get 1-3 kills but those 2 kills could be mine as well^^

Greta tank perfect for my playstyle and this tank will lead me the way to a tiger once i have enough exp gained :D Maybe i go for the american tier but thats the only tank that looks awesome in my opinion^^

Milktank #32 Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:42 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10154 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011
Can a KV 1 shot a T-14? yes
Can a T-14 10 shot a KV? yes

JazZka #33 Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 20519 battles
  • 28
  • [MOP] MOP
  • Member since:
    11-04-2010
Only thing which makes this tank rather annoying is that depending on time you're playing, matchmaking will put you on T7 matches where this tends to be useless.

Schafmeister #34 Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14575 battles
  • 90
  • [VROOM] VROOM
  • Member since:
    10-01-2011

View PostCpl_Hicks, on 29 November 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

When I write about profit, I mean net income, i.e. total income minus repairs minus ammo minus consumables.
Yes, the T14 is more profitable than the T1 Heavy, but it doesn't seem to be better than Pz IV or KV.

By now, I have noted battle results for some time and the results are:
Spoiler                     
Those numbers are of course distorted by playstyle, player skill, team skill/success and matchmaking (im-)balance. But they show, that in my hands, the T14 did not provide a bigger profit than some of my regular tier V/VI tanks. However, I had the T14 long before the aforementioned tanks and could benefit from these "normal" tier V profits before getting a regular tank to the same level. The T14 also provided excellent service as (profitable) crew training platform, e.g. training a crew for T29 from 75% to 100% on T14 and earning the credits to buy T29 at the same time.

That's why I recommend, that anyone who is only interested in credit earning look at the regular tier V tanks or the tier VIII premium tanks first, before considering a mid-/low-tier premium tank.
Anyone else, who is interested in the tank for its design/playstyle/fun/crewtraining abilities shouldn't worry too much about profits.

Yes but you forgot the reason, why most premiums (except Löwe, KV5, T59, M6E2A1) fail to make better credits:

Fail guns! It doesn't matter what coefficent your gold tank has, nor does its armor or hp or something, fail guns don't penetrate, fail guns do much less damage. Damage = income. Fail gun = fail income = fail tank. Sadly! I would prefer if every gold tank would be approx. on par with its regular tanks. Why? Because high tier and lowest tiers gold tanks are. Only the crap in between suffers - excactly where it doesn't matter you use gold to get a tank because you would get the same tier tank in 2-3 hours, so no big cheat. But it is then in Tier 8...  :Smile-hiding:

Fediuld #35 Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45563 battles
  • 696
  • [SOGA] SOGA
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011
KV5 has pants gun. Can't hurt anything at distance, not even a Jumbo.

And M6E2A1 isn't premium, but release bonus tank.


T59 and Lowe are pretty good, with 59 be the top medium money can buy.

saszla4871 #36 Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29952 battles
  • 626
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
Gun is bad joke. :blink: Please upgrade SPH M4L23 or M1A1.

Kyphe #37 Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 16253 battles
  • 2,115
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011
I really don't like having one of these on my team, you see one in the matchmaker and you think meh, unless its a low tier game.

mostly because of the gun.

Kamukaze #38 Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 38 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    11-02-2011

View Postsaszla4871, on 26 December 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

Gun is bad joke. :blink: Please upgrade SPH M4L23 or M1A1.
T-14 is unarmed reconnaissance vehicle. :D

kismacska #39 Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:59 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18414 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011

Quote

...
I really don't like having one of these on my team, you see one in the matchmaker and you think meh, unless its a low tier game. ...

Quote

... Can a KV 1 shot a T-14? yes
Can a T-14 10 shot a KV? yes ...

And to all the other T-14 haters!

Attached File   shot_029.jpg   356.4K

Do this in your KV!  :Smile-playing:
Survived 25 shots, dodged at least as many, hit them 16 times. Detected their flanking maneuver, hold them off, killed some, then made them chase me - right into the firing lines of my team mates.

....

Seriously though, my only weak point is the low penetration. Let's see a KV!

1) can't move. NO speed, NO turning.
2) can't hit. Miss, miss, miss.. NO accuracy, NO tracking, VERY LOW rate of fire.
3) can't evade or hide.
4) can't survive. You have obvious weak points - I have armor plates protecting my tracks.

So you are useless as a scout, you won't hold the line againt fast tanks rushing through you. You can't punish the enemy for making a huge tactical mistake - by the time you get there the opportunity is already over. All you can do is rape low tier mediums and some heavies. In a 1v1 you MIGHT defeat an T-14 in your KV - but that does about nothing for your team. By the time you get there, chances are the T-14 already detected and killed some of your mates.

saszla4871 #40 Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29952 battles
  • 626
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View Postkismacska, on 08 January 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

And to all the other T-14 haters!

Attachmentshot_029.jpg

Do this in your KV!  :Smile-playing:
Survived 25 shots, dodged at least as many, hit them 16 times. Detected their flanking maneuver, hold them off, killed some, then made them chase me - right into the firing lines of my team mates.

....

Seriously though, my only weak point is the low penetration. Let's see a KV!

1) can't move. NO speed, NO turning.
2) can't hit. Miss, miss, miss.. NO accuracy, NO tracking, VERY LOW rate of fire.
3) can't evade or hide.
4) can't survive. You have obvious weak points - I have armor plates protecting my tracks.

So you are useless as a scout, you won't hold the line againt fast tanks rushing through you. You can't punish the enemy for making a huge tactical mistake - by the time you get there the opportunity is already over. All you can do is rape low tier mediums and some heavies. In a 1v1 you MIGHT defeat an T-14 in your KV - but that does about nothing for your team. By the time you get there, chances are the T-14 already detected and killed some of your mates.
Dear "LittleCat"
I guess not a problem if I continue in Hungarian. :lol: Sorry I speak English poorly. :Smile-hiding:  
Sajnos nincs igazad. Minnél több csatát vívsz, annál keményebb ellenfelek közé kerülsz.Én már nagyon ritkán vagyok a sor elején. Az ellenfelek gyorsabbak,nagyobbakat sebeznek, és ráadásul az összes lövésed hatástalan velük szemben.Hozzáteszem most a 7.1 javított a helyzeten.A KV viszont tier 8 tankok ellen is egész használható.





Also tagged with T14

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users