If you are thinking of moving to WT:GF...

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

VeteranOfTheLongWar #1 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12050 battles

...you might consider the following:

o If you hate arty in WoT, you will love planes bombing your tank in WT:GF. There is no way to hide from planes, if hiding from arty was at all possible.

o If you hate bots/AFKers in WoT, you will love the campers in WT:GF. Almost the entire team camps base and snipes anyone who dares go capture the objectives.

o If you think the grinding is hard in WoT, you will love the Research system of WT:GF. You will need to unlock and purchase almost all the lower tier tanks to advance to the next tier. Want T-54? You will need to unlock IS-2, SU-152 and the AA SPGs...

o You hate +-2 matchmaking in WoT? Good luck driving a KV-1 with stock turret and 76mm gun and fighting Tigers, Panthers and IS for dozens of battles.

o You hate RNG in WoT? Welcome to the ultimate RNG festival, where you penetrate enemy tank 20 times without killing him, while he penetrates you only once and kills you. And where every enemy shot kills your loader and gunner at the same time.

o You hate premium ammo in WoT? Welcome to WT:GF where premium ammo is normal ammo and price is ridiculously low. PZIIC with APCR killing your T-28 with one clip? Fun times!

I thought leaving WoT and going to WT:GF was the best idea ever, but I got fed up with its system in under 2 weeks. Back to WoT yay!!!

Vestrick64 #2 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11481 battles
As much as WoT drives people insane, it's still the best tank game there is.

Troubledove #3 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 42118 battles
  • [FINAF] FINAF
WoT is honest tactical arcade with hitpoints. WT is ... halfbreed that has magical aiming cross.

mokosha #4 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1242 battles
  • [N17R0] N17R0

View PostYuri_Yslin, on 11 January 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

Agree.

WG only needs to listen a bit more to their player base..:)

guest273 #5 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

View Postmokosha, on 11 January 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

Agree.

WG only needs to listen a bit more to their REASONOUBLE player base..:)

Fixed it for you.

Because pure World of Heavy Tanks is what we don't want.

Heinz234 #6 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 12176 battles
  • [-TWC-] -TWC-

Play Simulator Battles and learn to use the correct ammo vs the right target at the correct distance and basically all your complaints will go away.

Oh and KV-1 meeting Tigers and Panthers is utter [edited]. They don't meet!

VeteranOfTheLongWar #7 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12050 battles

View PostHeinz234, on 11 January 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

Play Simulator Battles and learn to use the correct ammo vs the right target at the correct distance and basically all your complaints will go away.

Oh and KV-1 meeting Tigers and Panthers is utter [edited]. They don't meet!

I drive KV-1 ZIS-5 (76mm gun) and meet Tigers and Panthers due to its ridiculous battle rating. You can log in WT and check it out yourself. WT matchmaking is a complete joke.

Valvalecia #8 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11685 battles
You forgot to say you can't extinguish a fire nor repair the tank without researching them 1st.

VeteranOfTheLongWar #9 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12050 battles

View PostValvalecia, on 11 January 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

You forgot to say you can't extinguish a fire nor repair the tank without researching them 1st.

Ah yes, that feeling when your gun brakes in first shot and you spend the remaining 10 minutes of the battle unable to shoot. Thanks for reminding me! :)

XRey360 #10 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10194 battles

Ground Forces is so old at this point...

Trolls threaten about moving to Armored Warfare now :trollface:

Jazzy_Jeff #11 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16520 battles
  • [-CUTE] -CUTE

View PostVeteranOfTheLongWar, on 11 January 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

1 If you hate arty in WoT, you will love planes bombing your tank in WT:GF. There is no way to hide from planes, if hiding from arty was at all possible.

2 If you hate bots/AFKers in WoT, you will love the campers in WT:GF. Almost the entire team camps base and snipes anyone who dares go capture the objectives.

3 If you think the grinding is hard in WoT, you will love the Research system of WT:GF. You will need to unlock and purchase almost all the lower tier tanks to advance to the next tier. Want T-54? You will need to unlock IS-2, SU-152 and the AA SPGs...

4 You hate +-2 matchmaking in WoT? Good luck driving a KV-1 with stock turret and 76mm gun and fighting Tigers, Panthers and IS for dozens of battles.

5 You hate RNG in WoT? Welcome to the ultimate RNG festival, where you penetrate enemy tank 20 times without killing him, while he penetrates you only once and kills you. And where every enemy shot kills your loader and gunner at the same time.

6 You hate premium ammo in WoT? Welcome to WT:GF where premium ammo is normal ammo and price is ridiculously low. PZIIC with APCR killing your T-28 with one clip? Fun times!

I thought leaving WoT and going to WT:GF was the best idea ever, but I got fed up with its system in under 2 weeks. Back to WoT yay!!!

1) Play something else than arcade and there are no planes. Arty gives a warning with range seeking shots, so your rarely get hit/killed by arty. It is only used to smoke people out and the range at which you can call it, is quite limited, especially in sim battles.

2) Newsflash, tanks camp in real life. They don't go around racing and shooting wildly. It is however very frustrating to have people do nothing when they are being outcapped. Hence the Battle mode in sim is very good. It is basically same as WoT system, kill all or capture enemy base.

3) That is indeed a seriously point. If you want to grind a medium, why grind for heavies you are not going to play. In a way you are forced to play them, as you get an XP bonus from using the tank before the researched tank.

4) You don't have a stock turret like in WoT, armor value will always be the same. You can upgrade rotation etc, but that doesn't make it more effective at taking out Tigers. Researching tool box and fire ext is really dumb tho.

5) Can indeed be a point of frustration. It is also dependable on the ammo you use.

6) Rubbish. Premium ammo in WT is totally different. In WoT it can give you sometimes a pen increase of around 50%. In WT it only gives a small increase, and often that ammo does less damage. You can also overpen and not do any damage. So premium ammo is completely different from gold rounds in WoT.

TankkiPoju #12 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

Why do you have to move to anywhere? I'm happy playing both WoT and WT:GF. But yeah, simulator battles is why you want to play WT:GF. Otherwise it's better just to stick to WoT only.

TR_ASHley #13 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16172 battles
  • [KYS] KYS

View PostVeteranOfTheLongWar, on 11 January 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

o You hate RNG in WoT? Welcome to the ultimate RNG festival, where you penetrate enemy tank 20 times without killing him, while he penetrates you only once and kills you. And where every enemy shot kills your loader and gunner at the same time.

o You hate premium ammo in WoT? Welcome to WT:GF where premium ammo is normal ammo and price is ridiculously low. PZIIC with APCR killing your T-28 with one clip? Fun times!

Are you just spamming APCR? APCR in WT is realistic, in the way that it goes through the target destroying any modules/crew members along the way, but in the end doing very little. AP is the ammo to choose in most situations, it will knock a tank out with one shot, APCR is for penetrating targets that your AP ammo can't go through. Don't just spam the stuff like you can in WoT, otherwise you end up with tanks that look like this:

Mark999 #14 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8716 battles

Yet WG has yet to combine land, sea and air.

What makes you think they will implement them any better?

Laatikkomafia #15 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:51 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P

View PostVeteranOfTheLongWar, on 11 January 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

o If you hate arty in WoT, you will love planes bombing your tank in WT:GF. There is no way to hide from planes, if hiding from arty was at all possible.

o If you hate bots/AFKers in WoT, you will love the campers in WT:GF. Almost the entire team camps base and snipes anyone who dares go capture the objectives.

o If you think the grinding is hard in WoT, you will love the Research system of WT:GF. You will need to unlock and purchase almost all the lower tier tanks to advance to the next tier. Want T-54? You will need to unlock IS-2, SU-152 and the AA SPGs...

o You hate +-2 matchmaking in WoT? Good luck driving a KV-1 with stock turret and 76mm gun and fighting Tigers, Panthers and IS for dozens of battles.

1. Bombs do whistle before impact. You have time to dodge. And if you spot a plane, MOVE. In RB/SB, bombers aren't that agile anyways.

Sorry, my mistake. At first I thought you were serious, but you were a troll. 6/10.

Technocrat_Prime #16 Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 30802 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-

View PostYuri_Yslin, on 11 January 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

And that's the size of it!

dyrewolfe #17 Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 4721 battles

I quite like WT:GF and didn't encounter anything that made me dislike it. Then again I only played Arcade mode, not the Sim / Realistic mode.

Arty actually works the way arty should.

The planes aren't that big a threat, provided you keep moving / stay in cover.

Players do tend to camp more, but thats because it is easier to get killed.

I didn't find researching new vehicles or modules a chore.

I also didn't notice any RNG weirdness. All my aimed shots hit, unless my targets moved. No strange bounces or misses that I was aware of.

On top of that you have better graphics, more realistic physics (though I'm not sure tanks should actually drift that much) and the best thing of all...

...NO LAG!!!! SWEET MERCIFUL JESUS...NO GAME-DESTROYING LAG.

The only real downside is the lack of variety of vehicles, compared to WoT.

Edited by dyrewolfe, 11 January 2015 - 07:02 PM.

Wabbit_Slayer #18 Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10202 battles
  • [-MIA-] -MIA-
I actually bought myself into ground force for 45 euro. Waste of money Kind of weird how they can make such a good warplane game and in the same time come out with such a pos product as groundforce.

shrapnel_bait #19 Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2789 battles
I play both games, each has its own merits, I do like playing WTGF in Simulated and the map sizes are great, but I find I play far more WoT than WT.

SirMushy #20 Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13377 battles
Do you have to buy garage space like in WoT?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users