• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

tumppi776 #1 Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48342 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

Overview

Even though this tank sits 1st in the original USA light tank line - it is not very noob friendly light tank. Success with T21 requires map awareness and knowledge of enemy weakpoints, that only comes from playing the game "enough".

As with many "old" light tanks T21 also has been powercrept. Things going for T21 are agility and DPM. Everything else T37 does better (speed, hitpoints, accuracy and penetration).

Coming from M7 you should feel at home. Tank behaviour and play style should be quite similar (M7 is more a heavy scout than true medium tank). Armor (=none), Guns and mobility are also quite similar.

Strengths / weaknesses

+ camo (all camo skills on the crew naturally as with any light tank)

+ agility (traverse + acceleration)

+ damage per minute (need to mix APCR and know where to shoot)

+ excellent gun depression allows working at ridge lines

- no armor and relatively low hitpoints (easily two shotted in matches it sees)

- low pen for beginner use (need to mix APCR and know where to shoot)

So you have a tank that is mobile and stealthy with great firepower and gun depression - that must not get hit.

Camo

Even if not max out there I have found it quite reliable, even without camonet.

Firepower

Best thing about the tank. Almost machinegun like reload and 115 average damage. You'll be ripping apart anything you can flank or get the rear of. Below average pen can be compensated by using APCR on that occasion you struggle.

And as mentioned the gun depression is excellent. You'll be able to shoot more as the depression of -10 degrees enables to aim down at your target. You'll be wiggling and working the terrain a lot less.

Mobility

2nd best thing about the tank. The acceleration mean that even with 56kph max speed you'll be the first anywhere almost without fail. The traverse and manouver capability are excellent, you can circlestrafe and facehug slow heavies (Tiger I, T34) and non turreted TD's, with remarkable ease.

Armor

Less than none. Even T37 bounces more, not to mention French AMX's.

My setup and crew

+20% to accuracy during movement and turret rotation  Vertical Stabilizer Mk 1 -10% to loading time  Medium-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer +10% to view range, up to a range of 500 m  Coated Optics

commander.png Commander brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms commander_sixthSense.png Sixth Sense camouflage.png Camouflage, 75%    
  gunner.png Gunner brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms camouflage.png Camouflage gunner_smoothTurret.png Snap Shot, 92%    
  driver.png Driver brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms camouflage.png Camouflage driver_badRoadsKing.png Off-Road Driving, 93%    
  loader.png Loader brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms camouflage.png Camouflage, 94%      
  radioman.png Radio Operator brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms radioman_finder.png Situational Awareness camouflage.png Camouflage, 41%

And the stat padding part?

You only need to pen 6-7 shots to get Unicum level WN8 on this thing :-)

And one exceptional replay from one of the best scouting friendly maps in the game:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1493321

Edited by tumppi776, 13 January 2015 - 01:20 PM.

MrClark56 #2 Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 7373 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Mine was a pain in the [edited]to play.. imo this tank is very dependent on the quality of the team you get. although i thought i suck hard in it my wn8 seems pretty decent in this tank.. sold it the second i was able to buy the t71, no regrets whatsoever. i find the T37 much more maneuverable and nimble to play.. and hits harder..

tumppi776 #3 Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48342 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

True. Have lately been punished hard by MM too. tier 8-9 matches with IS/KV/Tigers :-) cant carry games like these. You cant carry melting teams on 600hitpoints and no armor.

March statistics:

T21       85 games 48.24% winrate

Edited by tumppi776, 24 March 2015 - 11:12 AM.

MrClark56 #4 Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

Major

• Player
  • 7373 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
yep, exactly... and 128mm pen isn't going to cut it in those situations.. 150mm pen with the T37 is something else though.. i had but 1 extraordinary game in the T21, i got my mastery badge out of it... it was on fisherman's bay and i was able to spot alot and deal damage to T7 and T8 tanks... Only time i enjoyed the tank. it was one of my last games if not the last... gave me final goodbye.. lol.. we ended on good terms..

armholeeio #5 Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18024 battles
I like the t21 but when a scout in the same teir and country  gets a better gun its sucks a bit, I don't  see many on the road anymore which is a shame. Unlocked the t71 but I'm not in a rush to get it as im trying to get a mastery badge

armholeeio #6 Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18024 battles
Lol just checked got a 52% win rate and my mastery badge, it must be sentimence that's keeping me playing it

Also tagged with scout, light, usa, american, tier 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users