Jump to content


Personal Missions’ Launch


  • Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,254
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011

*
POPULAR

The highly anticipated new feature is about to be launched. Read now to learn all about it!

Full news text


FidelisRaven #2 Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 39456 battles
  • 551
  • [WHO] WHO
  • Member since:
    05-23-2012

*
POPULAR

Not being able to mix male and female crewmembers with BiA/SiS is bs. Looking forward to other stuff. 

gaargod #3 Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22798 battles
  • 123
  • Member since:
    06-02-2011

Amazing stuff, except for this part: 'The Operations can only be completed progressively, which means you will have to complete the first Operation in order to unlock the second one, which in turn must be completed to unlock the third one and so on.'

 

I don't want the first 2 tanks, I just want T-55 and obj 260 - it will be annoying to play the first missions... They should be fairly easy to complete but I'm still not looking forward to it.



Ulicum #4 Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39597 battles
  • 1,961
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

Block Quote

Each Set consists of 15 Missions; each mission will have a Primary Objective, which needs to be fulfilled in order to complete the mission, and a Secondary Objective, which will usually mean showing exceptional performance in the process. Secondary Objectives are purely optional, but fulfilling them will yield additional rewards.

 

If you compleat one mission, can you still have it active to have another go at that mission to compleat it again to have a another shot at secondary objective?



Datenshi #5 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6688 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011
I'm hoping for some easy repeatable credit/XP rewards. Pretty much like the example mission in the article. Because I sure as hell ain't spending the time required to get the tanks.  I got important things to do.

Ulfhedinn_ #6 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 48246 battles
  • 7,041
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

I've posted this on the thread that originally announced the personal missions, it should go here too.
 
Not being able to mix male & female crews cuz BIA's & SOS's don't mix completely ruins this. Eg on my JT88 prem that has 2 loaders, that as a prem tank was sold with the benefit of it being able to use any crews from any German TD's without penalty, if I take a male crew from my JPanther (with all Brothers in Arms) and add a female loader from my Stug (with Sisterhood of Steel), that prem tank won't benefit from the perk. So it makes it no longer true that in prem tanks, you can use any crew from any tank of the same nation & type without penalty, this is a newly introduced penalty against prem tank crews. How can WG get away with doing that, with devaluing prems ability to use mixed crews & to crew train? I have tons of prems that I bought for crew training, this undermines all of them as I often mix crews on them from different tech tree tanks of the same nation & type.
 
And it completely stops us mixing crews on tech tree tanks. It means I'm stuck with loads of keeper tank crews with duplicated portraits (cuz there aren't enough male portraits to give all my crew members unique portraits). I can't now swap the duplicated ones for these new female ones and make all my crew individuals, I have to keep all my duplicated male crew portraits, and if I ever want a female crew, I'll have to get a full crew of them. I don't need any new full crews, it means this is of virtually no use to me at all.

Extremely disappointed that it's been made so BIA & SOS don't mix, meaning you can't mix male / female crews. Female crew portraits was a fantastic idea, but not mixing crews / perks kills it stone dead.

 

WG are going to have to change this, their advertised prem tank policy where they've formally stated that you can use ANY crew from any tech tree tank of the same nation & type without ANY penalty means they simply can't do this.


Edited by Maxmk6, 14 January 2015 - 04:19 PM.


koel76 #7 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 15444 battles
  • 244
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
US server got a speedrun reward. First people to get the stug got a reward. Can we have something like it?

Oldum #8 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5145 battles
  • 353
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011

View Postkoel76, on 14 January 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

US server got a speedrun reward. First people to get the stug got a reward. Can we have something like it?

 

So that people having 30 tanks to pick the best for each mission from can get a few shiny coins ... :P:D

Homer_J #9 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postkoel76, on 14 January 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

US server got a speedrun reward. First people to get the stug got a reward. Can we have something like it?

 

Yes, you can have a Stug before everyone else.

SanyaJuutilainen #10 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20778 battles
  • 1,876
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View PostMaxmk6, on 14 January 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

I've posted this on the thread that originally announced the personal missions, it should go here too.
 
Not being able to mix male & female crews cuz BIA's & SOS's don't mix completely ruins this. Eg on my JT88 prem that has 2 loaders, that as a prem tank was sold with the benefit of it being able to use any crews from any German TD's without penalty, if I take a male crew from my JPanther (with all Brothers in Arms) and add a female loader from my Stug (with Sisterhood of Steel), that prem tank won't benefit from the perk. So it makes it no longer true that in prem tanks, you can use any crew from any tank of the same nation & type without penalty, this is a newly introduced penalty against prem tank crews. How can WG get away with doing that, with devaluing prems ability to use mixed crews & to crew train? I have tons of prems that I bought for crew training, this undermines all of them as I often mix crews on them from different tech tree tanks of the same nation & type.
 
And it completely stops us mixing crews on tech tree tanks. It means I'm stuck with loads of keeper tank crews with duplicated portraits (cuz there aren't enough male portraits to give all my crew members unique portraits). I can't now swap the duplicated ones for these new female ones and make all my crew individuals, I have to keep all my duplicated male crew portraits, and if I ever want a female crew, I'll have to get a full crew of them. I don't need any new full crews, it means this is of virtually no use to me at all.

Extremely disappointed that it's been made so BIA & SOS don't mix, meaning you can't mix male / female crews. Female crew portraits was a fantastic idea, but not mixing crews / perks kills it stone dead.

 

WG are going to have to change this, their advertised prem tank policy where they've formally stated that you can use ANY crew from any tech tree tank of the same nation & type without ANY penalty means they simply can't do this.

 

I think you understand it wrong. You can still mix crews and BIA will still be active. The only thing you lose when making mixed crews is SOS perk - that one is "extra" perk, not a replacement for BIA.

Confirmation from any mod / tester / fast crew getter would be nice, though.

Alexius89 #11 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 37030 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012

*
POPULAR

Sounds nice but I'm still worried about that some missions are platoon required, that ruins this thing for me greatly.

Jumping_Turtle #12 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60270 battles
  • 5,176
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostNya_Chan, on 14 January 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

that one is "extra" perk, not a replacement for BIA.

 

so the female crew can also 'learn' BIA as a perk ?



laserad #13 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32949 battles
  • 625
  • Member since:
    06-15-2012

View PostAlexius89, on 14 January 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

Sounds nice but I'm still worried about that some missions are platoon required, that ruins this thing for me greatly.

 

join a clan! or at least the rddt chat channel ingame.. im sure someone can help you out there

Ulfhedinn_ #14 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 48246 battles
  • 7,041
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View PostNya_Chan, on 14 January 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

I think you understand it wrong. You can still mix crews and BIA will still be active. The only thing you lose when making mixed crews is SOS perk - that one is "extra" perk, not a replacement for BIA.

Confirmation from any mod / tester / fast crew getter would be nice, though.

 

I certainly hope so.

 

View PostHumping_Turtle, on 14 January 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

so the female crew can also 'learn' BIA as a perk ?

 

Yep, I can't see a female crew getting BIA's & SoS, that would make them potentially better than male crews. But if they did, would that be sexist or WG just being honest about females sinister ability to multi-task? :-)


Edited by Maxmk6, 14 January 2015 - 04:35 PM.


Jumping_Turtle #15 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60270 battles
  • 5,176
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View Postlaserad, on 14 January 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

 

join a clan! or at least the rddt chat channel ingame.. im sure someone can help you out there

 

And we have 5x 15 missions a tank. With 4 tanks thats 300 missions to do and how many of those are with platoons ? One each set perhaps so thats 20 on 300 missions ... thats not that much..

German_Dunc #16 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35890 battles
  • 1,875
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
The reward tanks are premium, premium without credit/XP bonuses (i.e. you can run any same class crew in them), or just regular line tanks?

Alcapter #17 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15687 battles
  • 12
  • [DPA_W] DPA_W
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011

Quote

 However, you can earn an extra Commendation for completing the Secondary Objective for the 15th (last) mission in the Set.

 

What happens if the mission is completed without Secondary Objective, can we have another try on it to complete with Secondary Objective or the extra Commendation is "lost" and can't be obtained?



Shade1982 #18 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19856 battles
  • 897
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011

View PostNya_Chan, on 14 January 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

 

I think you understand it wrong. You can still mix crews and BIA will still be active. The only thing you lose when making mixed crews is SOS perk - that one is "extra" perk, not a replacement for BIA.

Confirmation from any mod / tester / fast crew getter would be nice, though.

 

No, I don't think it will work that way. The way I read it, SoS will be BIA female counterpart. Meaning, mixing the crew will also break BIA...

Shade1982 #19 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19856 battles
  • 897
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011

View PostAlcapter, on 14 January 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

 

What happens if the mission is completed without Secondary Objective, can we have another try on it to complete with Secondary Objective or the extra Commendation is "lost" and can't be obtained?

 

The mission isn't completed automatically. You have to press a button to complete it so you can keep it active until you have completed both objectives...

ArrNgee #20 Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28286 battles
  • 851
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostMaxmk6, on 14 January 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

I've posted this on the thread that originally announced the personal missions, it should go here too.
 
Not being able to mix male & female crews cuz BIA's & SOS's don't mix completely ruins this. Eg on my JT88 prem that has 2 loaders, that as a prem tank was sold with the benefit of it being able to use any crews from any German TD's without penalty, if I take a male crew from my JPanther (with all Brothers in Arms) and add a female loader from my Stug (with Sisterhood of Steel), that prem tank won't benefit from the perk. So it makes it no longer true that in prem tanks, you can use any crew from any tank of the same nation & type without penalty, this is a newly introduced penalty against prem tank crews. How can WG get away with doing that, with devaluing prems ability to use mixed crews & to crew train? I have tons of prems that I bought for crew training, this undermines all of them as I often mix crews on them from different tech tree tanks of the same nation & type.
 
And it completely stops us mixing crews on tech tree tanks. It means I'm stuck with loads of keeper tank crews with duplicated portraits (cuz there aren't enough male portraits to give all my crew members unique portraits). I can't now swap the duplicated ones for these new female ones and make all my crew individuals, I have to keep all my duplicated male crew portraits, and if I ever want a female crew, I'll have to get a full crew of them. I don't need any new full crews, it means this is of virtually no use to me at all.

Extremely disappointed that it's been made so BIA & SOS don't mix, meaning you can't mix male / female crews. Female crew portraits was a fantastic idea, but not mixing crews / perks kills it stone dead.

 

WG are going to have to change this, their advertised prem tank policy where they've formally stated that you can use ANY crew from any tech tree tank of the same nation & type without ANY penalty means they simply can't do this.

Are you really serious about the "individuals"?..  Wow, first world problems :D 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users