Video: Personal Missions’ Review

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Personal Missions have been launched – watch now to learn all about them!

Full news text

lnfernaI #2 Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27229 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
Probably the most useful prize is the abundance of silver. There might be a ton people,who could agree to me.

clocky #3 Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19671 battles
  • [ONB] ONB

would have been perfect if it wasn't for those platoon missions. 

Zylkins #4 Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23423 battles
  • [GRNDS] GRNDS
rename this "personal" mission 

VikingsBlood #5 Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26925 battles
these missions are very welcomed to the game, it's perfectly fine to have them, they can be improved with time but they should really rethink the whole "you're forced to platoon in order to finish a personal mission" concept. 

Alendo #6 Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14156 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1
But, how long time do I have to finish the missions?
I saw somewhere that it ended 15th of February, another site stated I had 6 months, and some people tell me I will have forever to do them.

TheR3dBaron #7 Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33505 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View PostZylkins, on 21 January 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

rename this "personal" mission 

Actually, personal is the correct name. You get a mission that is assigned to you personally. Unfortunately, some of these missions that you get assigned are to take someone on board and help you. Technically speaking the wording is correct.

Having said that, it is annoying for people who prefer to play alone. Given the requirements they have come up with certain mission, I don't mind those platoon missions, else they would probably have found harder individual missions.

Zylkins #8 Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23423 battles
  • [GRNDS] GRNDS

View PostTheR3dBaron, on 21 January 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

Actually, personal is the correct name. You get a mission that is assigned to you personally. Unfortunately, some of these missions that you get assigned are to take someone on board and help you. Technically speaking the wording is correct.

Having said that, it is annoying for people who prefer to play alone. Given the requirements they have come up with certain mission, I don't mind those platoon missions, else they would probably have found harder individual missions.

you and wg really dont know what is meant PERSONAL.I am going to wc alone because this is my personal mission lol:teethhappy:

mistickmist #9 Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4652 battles
  • [1-FC] 1-FC

PERSONAL mission review:

1 - light tanks that just do suicide rush to get the early spots

2 - medium tanks that just drive chaotic for some good knows what purpouse

3 - heavy tanks that camp behind arty

4 - a td platoon of 3 players and then a couple more td's in the team

5 - at least 4 arty players in the one team

And the cherry on the pie...the PERSONAL...wich is mine...my very own mision...I personally have to complet that...but l have to play in a platoon...and the platoon must do X points of damage an at least one needs to survive...not me...one of the guys in the platoon...wtf is up wih that? And wy is it caled personal in the first place!?

Don't get me wrong, hands up for trying to give us a better gaming experience and bringing a new challenge apart from geting to a tier 10 but please try to think it through next time.

elexier #10 Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16971 battles
  • [BSC] BSC

Dictionary time Wargamig. Here let me show you.

Personal =

adjective
of, relating to, or coming as from a particular person; individual; private:
a personal opinion.
relating to, directed to, or intended for a particular person: a personal favor; one's personal life; a letter marked “Personal.”.
intended for use by one person:
a personal car.
referring or directed to a particular person in a disparaging or offensive sense or manner, usually involving character, behavior, appearance, etc.:
personal remarks.
making personal remarks or attacks:
to become personal in a dispute.
done, carried out, held, etc., in person:
a personal interview.
pertaining to or characteristic of a person or self-conscious being:
That is my personal belief.

Platoon =

noun
a military unit consisting of two or more squads or sections and a headquarters.
a small unit of a police force.
a company or group of persons:
a platoon of visitors.
Football. a group of players specially trained in one aspect of the game, as offense or defense, and used as a unit:
a halfback on the offensive platoon.

Get rid of the platoon requirement as a primary objective, Have it as a secondary objective by ALL means. But not a primary one.

Wonder how many WG staff have a personal Night in with there wife/husband and invite there friends round to join in ?

lnfernaI #11 Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27229 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

Wow imagine. The main point of the personal missions - trash forums,with "dictionaries" and why platoons should be removed.:teethhappy:

I always like playing with my clanmembers in a platoon. Or maybe you just suck in a particular mission? The Obj 260 missions arr hard,because the tank itself is OP.

gekados #12 Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 54057 battles

The idea it's awesome, no doubt, but there are some problems with the missions, from my point of view, i will name a few:

- like it was stated before me, the missions are not entirely personal because of platoons, too bad the devs were out of ideas for other missions and had to add platoons;

- it lacks flexibility, it would be nice of we could chose what mission to unlock after the game, it wold prevent us from ruining the game for us and others while letting us doing our normal gameplay; city maps for arties and spotting lights?;

- light missions are harder now after the map reworking with corridors and bushes removed, "do you even WOT mate?";

- not everyone enjoys playing certain tank types, for me it's with arty, lights and some tds, my performance dropped a lot after playing them and doing like 20 quit rages in a day... Also i get insulted every 4-5 games because i HAD to play arty;

- some missions are not about skill; capping and putting an enemy on fire, for example, are about certain situations (nobody likes to cap) and rng;

macholibre #13 Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44765 battles

I prefer to play alone too but to be honest the platoon missions were easy I asked in the chat got two random persons who wanted mission partners and it only took three games for the two heavy missions and four for the two medium missions.

The good thing is that even if you get killed too early the missions are so easy that the other platoon member can do them alone.

Also thanks WG for the chance to replay a mission just to get the secondary reward

dotns #14 Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53562 battles
  • [SAM] SAM

waste of time,energy and money to play this "missions".

better to stop playing this game.... to uninstall
for ordinery 5 tier i play day or two days

for this 5.tier?

15x5 battles... waste of time gameplay

wrathpriest #15 Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15903 battles
  • [DAMD] DAMD
Like others, I'm hating the forced platooning to get the final steps done. :confused:

The_Foolio #16 Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33202 battles
Worst thing ever added to WoT. Good idea. Terrible implementation and effect on Random games. The awful thing being that the effect was totally predictable.

Master__Bates #17 Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 70487 battles
Remove the platoon requirement and... multitudes of your customers will be happy. I know I would as I never platoon.

papasouzas #18 Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23606 battles

Just remove the stupid platoon requirement from these missions.

I DON'T WANT to play in a platoon.

I DON'T CARE if you can have better stats by platooning.

I play for myself and only myself [edited], I have my friends in real life and no they don't play WoT and no I won't force them to.

Edited by Neilloss46, 25 January 2015 - 07:06 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Neilloss46

Bravo_two_six #19 Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27568 battles
  • [351SL] 351SL

Wow, some people really, really don't like change.

Personally I think the IMs/ PMs Whatever they are called are a good addition, it gives you something to play for.

Yes it has had an effect on the gameplay, somewhat less now than when they first went in, but you can't blame WG for this.

All in all, I think it has been a very good move, but seriously, making one of my platoon go in arty for the light tanks? :'(

Peace out.

Bravo_two_six #20 Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27568 battles
  • [351SL] 351SL

View PostAlendo, on 21 January 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

But, how long time do I have to finish the missions?
I saw somewhere that it ended 15th of February, another site stated I had 6 months, and some people tell me I will have forever to do them.

No time limit

every 6 months or so, a new 'season' will be added, but this will not remove the first lot of missions

Edited by Bravo_two_six, 21 January 2015 - 10:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users